Image ImageImage Image

What can we give up to get Giannis?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,105

Re: What can we give up to get Giannis? 

Post#41 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:47 am

If the bucks decide to put Giannis on the market, I think the bulls can offer one of the better packages.

White, Markkanen, Carter Jr, and the 4th. Might have to through in a second 1st. Ideally, we only have to give up the 4th overall and keep on of White or Markk but I don't think that'd happen.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#42 » by CjayC » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:04 am

You'd have to gut so much of the team to get here, why would he want to come here over a better ready made situation like Miami or Golden State?
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#43 » by Ugly Duckling » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:04 am

I'd give up LaVine, White, Carter, Markkanen, the 4th pick, the 2021 first round pick, Cloud Gate and cjbulls
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#44 » by Bandit King » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:47 am

Benny the bull and some of our best cheerleaders!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#45 » by Am2626 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:57 pm

CjayC wrote:You'd have to gut so much of the team to get here, why would he want to come here over a better ready made situation like Miami or Golden State?

Giannis is not you typical star. He seems to be very loyal to his team. He has even come out and said that he won’t force a trade. I don’t think he will even leave the Bucks via free agency.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,194

Post#46 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Am2626 wrote:
CjayC wrote:You'd have to gut so much of the team to get here, why would he want to come here over a better ready made situation like Miami or Golden State?

Giannis is not you typical star. He seems to be very loyal to his team. He has even come out and said that he won’t force a trade. I don’t think he will even leave the Bucks via free agency.

While he is loyal none of that loyalty would apply to the Bulls. It makes for a great clip to say those things too but when it seems like you can’t win with your team and your legacy has a small window, things take on a different perspective. When he said that the Bucks were on the rise as was he, now he is MVP DPOY the pressure for the ring is there if Miami improves next year and have the cash space for him, it’s hard to not seriously consider that option. It would be careless to dismiss it on his part. Even the GOAT needed a little help from his friends.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,361

Post#47 » by jnrjr79 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:32 am

Isn't the pretty obvious template for this the Pelicans/Lakers trade for AD? The Bulls have pretty similar assets to offer and the Lakers did the deal without a guarantee on an extension from AD (though a better chance of keeping him, obviously).

That was the #4 pick, two future firsts, a first round pick swap, Lonzo, Ingram, and Josh Hart.

The Bulls could offer basically the same draft consideration, Wendell (or Lauri), Coby White, and the expiring contracts of Felicio/Kornet to make salaries work.

This would leave the Bulls like this:

Satoransky/Dunn?/Arci
Lavine/MLE
Otto Porter/Hutchison/Vet Min
Giannis/Young
Lauri/Gafford

You'd have a year to convince Giannis to stay and would be able to pay him more than any other team if he'll extend.

You're completely screwed if Giannis walks given your draft picks are encumbered for years.

Anyway, you can argue it's too great a risk for one year of control, but it seems kind of silly to say the Bulls don't have the assets to do it.
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#48 » by GrowingHorns » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:49 am

drosereturn wrote:Thats why you should have tanked to get someone like giannis.if you drafted Doncic, or even young could have easily gotten him.
always stockpile assets esp if your a bad lottery team for situations like this.

If i had Luka there would be no point to trade him to Giannis, no matter how great he is. Luka is future hall of famer and did have a huge impact on his 2nd season. massive stud.

And on the question: we dont have enough to 1. Get him and 2. To have this team to be good enough after the trade to make him stay in chicago.
Phu317
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#49 » by Phu317 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:46 am

JordansBulls wrote:What can we give up to get Giannis? Do we have enough to get him?

Never thought of it...however, it is good to fantasize. It depends on many factors. Is Giannis forcing out? Is Chicago on his list? Or the only team on his list? If those questions are all yes, then his value won't be as high.

I would start with Lavine, Lauri, 2020 4th pick, and 2021 1st pick. They may also want White as well. I would try to hold on to White or Lavine.

PG - TBD (Shooter)
SG - White or Lavine
SF - Porter
PF - Giannis
C - Carter

Once this is done. I would try to convert Porter and filler to fill out the team with shooters on a shorter term contracts to maximize the cap in 2021.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#50 » by chitownsalesmen » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Trade Lauri for future assets and/or expiring contracts that help us win next season to make playoffs.

Sign Giannis and AD in free agency.

PG-White
SG-Lavine
SF- ?
PF-Giannis
C-Davis

Bench- 4th pick/Lauri assets/Carter Jr

Is this feasible under the salary cap?

Wouldn't work. AD doesn't like to play C. We need to focus on getting a wing because AD may be coming home after getting whopped by the Claw

Do you honestly believe even if the Lakers do lose and AD walks hes coming to the Bulls dumpster fire roster? AD maybe a Bull some day, in a D-Wade 2016 style signing in 8 or 9 years as a final cash grab on Reinsdorf's dime.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,893

Post#51 » by weneeda2guard » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Only shot to land 2 max guys of giannis and ad is to

1. First we have to get a competent coach that shows winning culture. 2 guys not coming here to a bare cupboard

2. Max guy not coming here alone. Gonna need that cap space

No way Milwaukee trades giannis. They will force his hand to walk away and make himself the bad guy. There is no star or package you can trade giannis for that will satisfy the bucks fans.

Lakers are not trading ad. They gave up too much to get him. Not to mention next season we could be looking at a situation where ad and lebron make concessions to lure giannis to the lakers. Then you have the warriors who will be hot on the giannis hunt.

Only saving grace for us is maybe giannis wants to stay close and maybe davis wants to come home that bad and him and giannis team up. But I dont think the big fish plan is the way to go right now. We need to just get a playoff team 1st. Then we can start thinking big fish.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#52 » by MGB8 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:16 pm

patryk7754 wrote:If the bucks decide to put Giannis on the market, I think the bulls can offer one of the better packages.

White, Markkanen, Carter Jr, and the 4th. Might have to through in a second 1st. Ideally, we only have to give up the 4th overall and keep on of White or Markk but I don't think that'd happen.

Would have to be more. Think 3 or 4 unprotected firsts, including this year’s, plus LaVine (unless they prefer White, which is doubtful), Lauri, WCJ.

Which I would still do in a second. You hope Porter is healthy enough and that better coaching can get more out of Hutch, Valentine, a re-signed Or QO’d Dunn, and roll with:

G: Dunn, Sato, Archi
G: Coby, Denzel, Makoka
W: Porter, Hutchinson, FA?
F: Giannis, T.Young
C: Gafford, Kornett, Felicio?

Maybe you bring in a big body center reserve on a min deal, etc. Probably a lot of Giannis at the 5 with Thad at the 4. Instant 2nd round playoff team (watch how much better guys get around Giannis) with cap room in the future due to Porter, Sato’s non-guaranteed deal.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#53 » by Ugly Duckling » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:30 pm

chitownsalesmen wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Trade Lauri for future assets and/or expiring contracts that help us win next season to make playoffs.

Sign Giannis and AD in free agency.

PG-White
SG-Lavine
SF- ?
PF-Giannis
C-Davis

Bench- 4th pick/Lauri assets/Carter Jr

Is this feasible under the salary cap?

Wouldn't work. AD doesn't like to play C. We need to focus on getting a wing because AD may be coming home after getting whopped by the Claw

Do you honestly believe even if the Lakers do lose and AD walks hes coming to the Bulls dumpster fire roster? AD maybe a Bull some day, in a D-Wade 2016 style signing in 8 or 9 years as a final cash grab on Reinsdorf's dime.

No, not after watching the game last night. But if he signs a one yr extension and AK drafts well and is able to acquire some talent via trade and/or free agency, then it's not out of the realm of possibility that he comes back in a couple yrs. LA is on fire
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,170

Post#54 » by coldfish » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:36 pm

IMO, the Bulls are out of the conversation for elite players soon to be free agents. It would be suicide to give up a boatload of stuff for one just to watch him walk.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Post#55 » by nitetrain8603 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 pm

I would literally trade everything not named LaVine and you could compete next year. I think you could get CP3 for cap relief as well.

CP3
LaVine
Corpse of Mike Dunleavy Jr
Giannis
Daniel Gafford
Charlesareed
Bench Warmer
And1: 672

Post#56 » by Charlesareed » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:44 pm

JordansBulls wrote:What can we give up to get Giannis? Do we have enough to get him?

Everyone but he’s not worth it having to gut the whole team plus what of can he play with if can’t play off ball and is a terrible 3p shooter No mid range Game it’s like young drose and young Russ give me the ball and get out the way that work in today’s nba
Chicago Raised me
Charlesareed
Bench Warmer
And1: 672

Post#57 » by Charlesareed » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:46 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:I would literally trade everything not named LaVine and you could compete next year. I think you could get CP3 for cap relief as well.

CP3
LaVine
Corpse of Mike Dunleavy Jr
Giannis
Daniel Gafford

Giannis needs the ball to make a impact he’s not a good passer either
Chicago Raised me
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#58 » by MGB8 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:24 pm

coldfish wrote:IMO, the Bulls are out of the conversation for elite players soon to be free agents. It would be suicide to give up a boatload of stuff for one just to watch him walk.

That is an important point. Without a commitment, too much risk.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#59 » by 2018C3 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:55 pm

I think Giannis due to his blue collar work ethic, he may be the hardest star to get.

If you were to land him, the chances are you will over pay.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#60 » by d boy gentleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:06 pm

It would take a blood sacrifice to get Giannis and it would have to be one of the mods...
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.

Return to Chicago Bulls