ImageImageImageImageImage

WCSF: Lakers vs Rockets 4-1 Game 5 Lakers Win

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Re: WCSF: Lakers vs Rockets 4-1 Game 5 Lakers Win 

Post#621 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:12 am

Kuzmas cutting and just playing a role in general has been really good.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#622 » by Spanish_Laker » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:13 am

At this point the team looks unstoppable. I can't see any team in the NBA beating the Lakers at the moment.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#623 » by zuju » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:18 am

Glad we advance. But don't be satisfied until you win the champ.
Remember when Kobe advanced to the Finals, he did not even smile in the press conference.

Guess we will face the clippers in our next game. (At least, they should analyze with the clippers tape now instead of the Denver's.)
The key may not be how good the role players play offensively. It's how good they are to play defensively. Can we stop Kawhi and PG or Can they stop James and AD?

Very likely, they will use Morris and Beverely to chase AD and James primarily to preserve Kawhi and PG from fatigue. Kawhi and PG are very good big wings capable to do anything on the court. It will be a very challenging assignment for Green, KCP, Caruso, Kuz and Morris to defend them 1 on 1. I will worry less about the team defense which is pretty good lately with proper strategy

Exploit them in the Paint!!! The time Zubac in foul trouble, the time AD and James can score at will inside.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 314

Post#624 » by Hans1984 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Pretty easy. Before the series I expected a sweep but I take a 4-1. On to the next round.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#625 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:At this point the team looks unstoppable. I can't see any team in the NBA beating the Lakers at the moment.

[quote-"schoolboy"]We're the most battle tested team that's left. We beat a surging hot Blazers team and we beat a team that mainly shoots 3 pointers which was said to be our kryptonite. I think we're really prepared for the Clippers or Nuggets.[/quote]

Please don't get me wrong, I like the optimism but I still remember what I felt the night of May 12, 1998, right after the Lakers eliminated the vaunted Sonics team lead by Payton at 29, Baker, Shrempf, Hawkins, Kersey, Perkins, Ellis etc after losing game 1 too.
Kobe was too young, but it didn't matter bec Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Horry, and esp Shaq were so awesome and UNSTOPPABLE!!
I called every friend I know to declare that the Lakers will meet the Bulls in the finals!! :crazy:
!Then boom, Lakers got swept by Utah. :nonono:
Yes, Portland was hot.... Nurkic was healthy, Dame and CJ, awesome but they didn't have an answer for AD and Lebron esp w/o Ariza.
Houston's micro-ball scheme was intriguing but they needed 7 games to eliminate a team with NO SUPERSTARS at peak age in OKC.
Clippers didn't exactly stomped the young Doncic lead Dallas team and right now needs 1 more win vs Denver after failing to stop the scorching Nuggets 4th quarter...Kawhi's team may need to win game 7 vs Denver for all I I care but that DOESN'T MEAN they are inferior vs the Lakers. Boston '08 needed 21 games to advanced to the Finals before mauling the Kobe led Lakers. My main point is we can't base everything on how the Lakers fared vs Portland and esp Houston. They looked healthy and appeared sharp and that's promising but it will be about adjustments and fortitude.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#626 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:56 pm

zuju wrote:Glad we advance. But don't be satisfied until you win the champ.
Remember when Kobe advanced to the Finals, he did not even smile in the press conference.

Guess we will face the clippers in our next game. (At least, they should analyze with the clippers tape now instead of the Denver's.)
The key may not be how good the role players play offensively. It's how good they are to play defensively. Can we stop Kawhi and PG or Can they stop James and AD?

Very likely, they will use Morris and Beverely to chase AD and James primarily to preserve Kawhi and PG from fatigue. Kawhi and PG are very good big wings capable to do anything on the court. It will be a very challenging assignment for Green, KCP, Caruso, Kuz and Morris to defend them 1 on 1. I will worry less about the team defense which is pretty good lately with proper strategy

Exploit them in the Paint!!! The time Zubac in foul trouble, the time AD and James can score at will inside.

I can see Beverley harassing Lebron from 90 feet to try to wear him out bother his PG duties. Vogel responds by putting in Rondo and James trying to post up Pat. Clips sags down and dares Rajon to take perimeter shots. Harrell will try to be very physical with AD.
Vogel would be too foolish to put KCP on Kawhi as Leonard has PROVEN that he can shoot over shorter defenders with impunity.
Most would say, the ex factors would be Kuz or Rondo, or James or AD. For me the most critical here is how Vogel reacts and prepare for his sets. More than 10 months hired as coach along with the most expensive assistants, they have to have created those offensive sets that would unleash the AD/James combo on the strong side.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#627 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:21 am

I believe we got the right morris brother
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#628 » by SashAlex » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:47 am

LAKESHOW wrote:I believe we got the right morris brother

Plot twist, how do we know which one we got? Maybe Markieff is playing for the Clippers and Markus for us?
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#629 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:55 pm

Interesting series stats bet lakers and Rockets

1. James had more blocks/game than Davis 1.8 to 1.4. Rockets avoided getting blocked by AD when they drove to the hoop, kicked it out more than usual.
2. Morris lead in 3pt % with Green at 3rd at 42.3%, both benefited from game 5 blow out IMO with Kief shooting 4-4. It's interesting to note tho that Morris hit 25% or less in 6 of 10 playoff games. KCP has been the most consistent from 3 hitting only below 33% twice in 10 playoff games.
3. Lebron is last in 3pt % at 29.4% but registered a great 26pts/10.4 rebs/ and 7.4 assists with the usage rate of 32.6.
4. Kuzma had decent numbers at 2nd in FG% at 56%, 2nd in ORTG at 125,

Return to Los Angeles Lakers