ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Post Season

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Post Season 

Post#1581 » by Kobblehead » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:48 pm

VDT wrote:FVV is overrated and is likely going to be overpaid. He is also not a good fit for the Sixers. He needs teams that play a fast tempo, up and down basketball.

The only thing Fred VanVleet can't do is finish.

He's an awesome defender, awesome scorer off the dribble, awesome shooter and an okay passer. Not sure why you think he has to play in an uptempto system. He's phenomenal in the halfcourt, regardless of pace.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#1582 » by VDT » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
VDT wrote:FVV is overrated and is likely going to be overpaid. He is also not a good fit for the Sixers. He needs teams that play a fast tempo, up and down basketball.

He's an awesome defender, awesome scorer off the dribble, awesome shooter and an okay passer. Not sure why you think he has to play in an uptempto system. He's phenomenal in the halfcourt, regardless of pace.

THe dude is 5'10, with mediocre athleticism and will be 27 in the new season. He is too small defensively, cant finish at the rim because of his height and i dont think he can run an offense. He is much better (like most of the Raptors) in a transition offense and attacking before the defense is set. Against set defenses his lack of height and athleticism makes it difficult fo him to create his shot. He shot 39% from 3 and 85% from the ft line and his TS is only 55% because he shot 43% in his 2 point shots, which are the ones he actually tried to create.

Paying him 20+ mil. (or even 15) will be a mistake i think for this team.

The Sixers need to get someone that is actually good with the ball in his hands, getting a lot of mediocre guys will not get us anywhere.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#1583 » by youngcrev » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:21 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

Yeah, I don't really see where the fit issue would be here with FVV. He may end up overpaid, and I don't think he's a primary option type that we've been talking about, but he's a dog defensively (in the positive sense) and can give you volume/efficiency shooting the ball, which would be extremely valuable here.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,917

Post#1584 » by zimpy27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 pm

FVV seems like a great guard to pair with Simmons.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#1585 » by stormi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:08 am

The Rockets are imploding, it's time for Elton to redeem himself.

Finesse Harden.
Gulfwang
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#1586 » by Gulfwang » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:22 am

Horford for Eric Gordon, Danuel House and Chris Clemons works. Houston also badly needs draft picks and Horford would make sense for their team, they used to be interested in him.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,181

Post#1587 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:25 pm

HOU out: Gordon, Tucker
HOU in: Horford, 2021 NYK 2nd

OKC out: Paul
OKC in: Richardson, Tucker (exp), Smith, Scott (exp), #21

PHI out: Horford, Richardson, Smith, Scott, #21, 2021 NYK 2nd
PHI in: Paul, Gordon

Paul(32)/Gordon(16)
Milton(24)/Korkmaz(16)/Gordon(8)
Harris(20)/Thybulle(28)
Simmons(34)/Harris(14)
Embiid(30)/MLE(18)

Paul/Gordon/Micic
Milton/Korkmaz/#36
Harris/Thybulle/Shayok
Simmons/#34/#49
Embiid/MLE/Pelle

3-year window. If we don't win a chip in that timeframe, I don't see Embiid staying as a UFA. Re-focus efforts on FA 2024 (KAT, Booker).
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
skulky
Junior
And1: 94

Post#1588 » by skulky » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm

I’m definitely leaning towards that we should trade embiid. I think we’re already on the path towards him asking for a trade, and if he has another lackluster disengaged season his value will be even lower. Also it’s the off season and bored Sunday waiting for nuggets/clippers. I know I’ll get killed for suggesting trading embiid, but I just think it’s going to get worse, and it also will help us get off of horford or Harris as well as extending our window, taking the time to build it right. And there’s just a lot of bad teams desperate for a big move and a star.

So fist idea:

Sixers:
Out-embiid to the knicks. Horford/zhaire and pick 36 2020 to Hornets.
In- from knicks-rj Barrett, pick 8 2020, Frank Ntilikina, taj Gibson, Dallas 1st 2021

Knicks: out- rj Barrett, pick 8 2020, Frank Ntilikina, taj Gibson, Clippers 2020 1st, Dallas 1st 2021
In-Joel Embiid

Hornets: out-terry rozier/Cody zeller
In-al horford, zhaire Smith, Picks 36 2020, clippers 1st 2020

Maybe sixers take Julius randle and send mike Scott to switch the Dallas 2021 to a pick swap for 2021 or knicks 2022 unprotected 1st. Or they could swap Gibson for Bobby portis, but goes from 9 mil to 15.

https://tradenba.com/trades/_4F7eVaWZ

Sixers get one of the best young guard prospects in rj barret, with the 8th pick take Isaac Okoro. Add Thybulle and have 3 great defenders, hard workers, a ton of athleticism, and really switchable. Move off of horford, pickup a solid point of attack and shooter in rozier, as well as really solid backup center in Cody zeller.

Knicks get a young star center entering his prime, with tons of cap space.

Hornets take on horford’s contract, who also adds a solid veteran presence and still a decent center, which they’re lacking. They get off of rozier’s contract to free up money and minutes for graham, monk, and the number 3 pick. They get draft compensation for doing so. Maybe we do 34/36.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#1589 » by VDT » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:37 pm

There is no value in this trade. The Sixers just give up talent to get the 8th pick and a future Dallas pick.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#1590 » by stormi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Trading a star into the conference worked so well last time, lets trade an even better player inside the division
skulky
Junior

Post#1591 » by skulky » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:10 pm

VDT wrote:There is no value in this trade. The Sixers just give up talent to get the 8th pick and a future Dallas pick.

Rj barret? He’s going to be really good, I didn’t see his rookie knicks season as discouraging at all. I still have him rated higher than anyone in this draft. He was drafted into one of the worse situations in the league, no shooting, no point guard and crappy selfish veterans like randle actively freezing him out. He’s a hard worker that wants to be great. He’s been doing 2 a day workouts with drew hanlen during closure and summer. I think he’s going to be really good, and trade helps get off horford.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,456

Post#1592 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:40 pm

skulky wrote:
VDT wrote:There is no value in this trade. The Sixers just give up talent to get the 8th pick and a future Dallas pick.

Rj barret? He’s going to be really good, I didn’t see his rookie knicks season as discouraging at all. I still have him rated higher than anyone in this draft. He was drafted into one of the worse situations in the league, no shooting, no point guard and crappy selfish veterans like randle actively freezing him out. He’s a hard worker that wants to be great. He’s been doing 2 a day workouts with drew hanlen during closure and summer. I think he’s going to be really good, and trade helps get off horford.

I like RJ Barrett, but that is a horrible trade idea. I'm sorry, it is. Trading in conference is a bad idea to begin with, but man, that return is terrible. IF we trade Embiid or Simmons, it needs to be a fair return. A star player or a player that has star potential (Ja Morant).
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,712

Post#1593 » by phillynative » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:29 pm

4 Team Trade Sixers/OKC/Pacers/Jazz

Sixers In: Chris Paul, Ed Davis
Sixers Out: AlHorford, Zhaire Smith, Furkan, 2 second rd picks, 1 future first pick

OKC In: Myles Turner, Joe Ingles, Zhaire Smith, Aaron Holiday, 1 second(sixers), 1 future first(sixers)
OKC out: Chris Paul, Dennis Schroder

Pacers In: Rudy Gobert, Dennis Schroder, 2nd rd pick(sixers)
Pacers Out: Myles Turners, Tj warren

Jazz In: Al horford, Tj warren, Furkan, Mike Scott
Jazz Out: Rudy Gobert, Joe Ingles

Why?
Sixers: obviously need a PG and CP checks all the boxes . He brings leadership, shotcreation and defense. Ed davis is a fill in but he is a energy big off the bench that can switch and defend the P&R. The sixers get to keep Matisse, Jrich, 21st pick to keep some flexibility.

OKC: will be looking to rebuild if Chris paul is traded, most likely Adams and Dennis will be as well. They will be looking to build around shai and this trade is a kick start for that. Myles T. Is a young talented big to compliment & pair with Shai. Joe Ingles a shooting vet. Zhaire smith is low risk, high reward young athlete. Aaron Holiday is a promising young guard who can backup or play next to shai. Picks to thicken the pot.

Pacers: After a injury burden season first round exit may be looking to shake it up. This organization is known to be defense first . Gobert gives them their defensive anchor with so many 2 way guards. They also keep Sabonis who they are high on and bring in a steady force off the bench in Schroder.

Jazz : Will be looking to get more help for Donovan. Pairing him with a versatile big in horford and Tj warren who is proven to be one of the better scorers this season fits perfectly. Furkan is a young shooter and Mike scott is a stretch 4 off the bench.These are all pieces to build and help donovan take the next step also makes the team more dangerous.

Sixers sign Bryn forbes(vet shooter), Justin Holiday(3&Dwing) resign Alec Burks(if not too expensive) or add another shooter(marco belleneli?)

Pg:Chris/Ben/Shake
Sg:Jrich/Shake/Brynforbes/(21st pick)
Sf: Tobias/Matisse/Justin/(21st pick)
PF:Ben/Tobias/Justin
C:Embiid /Ben/ Ed davis/Norvel Pelle

Group
Chris ,shake and jrich with Embiid(Halfcourt)

Bryn, Matisse, Tobi, Justin with Ben(Run fast break)

This trade is mostly about keeping assets and not turning the roster completely over to give the team another chance to gel. Chris is the piece to wove it together.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1594 » by Kobblehead » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 pm

skulky wrote:Rj barret? He’s going to be really good, I didn’t see his rookie knicks season as discouraging at all. I still have him rated higher than anyone in this draft. He was drafted into one of the worse situations in the league, no shooting, no point guard and crappy selfish veterans like randle actively freezing him out. He’s a hard worker that wants to be great. He’s been doing 2 a day workouts with drew hanlen during closure and summer. I think he’s going to be really good, and trade helps get off horford.

What about him do you find appealing?

I don't think he can score off the dribble very well. Seems very mechanical and stiff with the ball in his hands. And he's a pretty bad defender. And his jumpshot obviously needs work. I just don't see any value in him. Just a fake-useful scoring production guy IMO.

Being a worker and wanting to be great are excellent qualities, I just don't know if he has the skillset to be great. Tobias Harris is a good kid that works hard, too. Just doesn't have the skillset to be great.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,117

Post#1595 » by Arsenal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:16 am

Kobblehead wrote:
skulky wrote:Rj barret? He’s going to be really good, I didn’t see his rookie knicks season as discouraging at all. I still have him rated higher than anyone in this draft. He was drafted into one of the worse situations in the league, no shooting, no point guard and crappy selfish veterans like randle actively freezing him out. He’s a hard worker that wants to be great. He’s been doing 2 a day workouts with drew hanlen during closure and summer. I think he’s going to be really good, and trade helps get off horford.

I don't think he can score off the dribble very well. Seems very mechanical and stiff with the ball in his hands. And he's a pretty bad defender. And his jumpshot obviously needs work. I just don't see any value in him. Just a fake-useful scoring production guy IMO.

Being a worker and wanting to be great are excellent qualities, I just don't know if he has the skillset to be great. Tobias Harris is a good kid that works hard, too. Just doesn't have the skillset to be great.

Yeah RJ Barrett seems destined to put up big yet inefficient counting stats en route to being a highly paid fake star, ala Tobi.

One of those guys is enough thanks.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1596 » by BullyKing » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:29 am

Trade 1:
Sixers/Rockets/Hornets/Thunder

Sixers out: Horford, Smith
Sixers in: Paul

Rockets out: Westbrook
Rockets in: Horford, Rozier

Hornets out: Rozier, Batum
Hornets in: Westbrook

Thunder out: Paul
Thunder in: Batum, Smith (Presti goes full tank)

Trade 2:

Sixers out: Richardson, Scott
Sixers in: Huerter, Dedmon

Hawks out: Huerter, Dedmon
Hawks in: Richardson, Scott

PG: Paul, Shake, Vet Min
SG: Huerter, Thybulle, #34
SF: Harris, TMLE, #21
PF: Simmons, Harris, #36
C: Embiid, Dedmon, Pelle
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,117

Post#1597 » by Arsenal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:44 am

BullyKing wrote:Trade 1:
Sixers/Rockets/Hornets/Thunder

Sixers out: Horford, Smith
Sixers in: Paul

Rockets out: Westbrook
Rockets in: Horford, Rozier

Hornets out: Rozier, Batum
Hornets in: Westbrook

Thunder out: Paul
Thunder in: Batum, Smith (Presti goes full tank)

Trade 2:

Sixers out: Richardson, Scott
Sixers in: Huerter, Dedmon

Hawks out: Huerter, Dedmon
Hawks in: Richardson, Scott

PG: Paul, Shake, Vet Min
SG: Huerter, Thybulle, #34
SF: Harris, TMLE, #21
PF: Simmons, Harris, #36
C: Embiid, Dedmon, Pelle

If these deals are on offer we obviously take them as fans. Our cheap ownership may turn down the Paul trade though as it pushes us further into the luxury tax.
skulky
Junior

Post#1598 » by skulky » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:47 am

Kobblehead wrote:

If you put him on Memphis and Ja on the knicks I think it’s a much different conversation. Not trying to take away from what Ja did this year and thought Ja was a little bit better prospect, but rj literally couldn’t have gone to a worse spot. The Knicks had the worse shooting and spacing in the league. I do think rj can beat his man off the dribble, but where are you going with that next to impossible spacing on that team. He turned 20 in June. You mention his defense again I point to the Knicks, he has the tools and effort, I’m not saying all defense team but no slouch on that end. He obviously needs to develop. But his play in college and high school when he lead the Canadian team with no nba prospects over the USA with 38 points in the game. His shooting numbers especially free throw not ideal and over extended green light to a 19 year old with bad coach and worse teammates.

Maybe I’m too high on him, I just look at the young 2-3s in the league and this draft and I think he’s under valued and attainable, has the body you can’t teach and early development tools and drive/work ethic to be really good on both ends.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1599 » by Kobblehead » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:05 am

I mean, I thought he was a bad prospect even before the Knicks got their hands on him. His skillset just doesn't check any of the right boxes for stardom, in my eyes. His pedigree doesn't match his skillset at all, IMO.

His ability to score off the dribble is about on-par with Wiggins. Which, IMO, is just not good enough to be a featured offensive player that carries a big scoring load in a winning situation. And I don't think he has standout defensive or shooting qualities to be able to transition into a lesser role.

So I don't see any value in him as a player. Just an empty stats guy with a bad skillset.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,702

Post#1600 » by the_process » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:36 am

HOU gets Tobias
PHI gets Wall
WSH gets Westbrook

Wizards get a healthy scoring PG at the same price tag, Houston transitions back to more traditional basketball having a guy over 6’8” and save some money the next three years, and the Sixers take a chance on Wall.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers