Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#101 » by sco » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Wonder how bad Wash want out from Wall contract?

Wall/Hachimura for Otto/Lauri/Sato. Assuming they liked their old players?
:clap:
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,371

Post#102 » by Dominator83 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:04 pm

rtblues wrote:My problem with trading Lauri now is they'd be "selling low", yet it's a conundrum since waiting for him to get better is also a risk, and if he does, then he'll want to get paid. Important decision going forward. Only thing I'll say about him in this current situation, it would be very interesting to see what Markkanen could do, with a true distributor on the team, an actual PG, and secondly how a new coach will impact his play. Which is why I'm very much okay with drafting/trading for a PG with the traditional passing skills of a PG.

They can put any player at the 1 and call him a PG, but the reality always comes through. This much seems fair to say, Zach ain't a PG, and neither is Coby White. Sato? He's had enough of an opportunity to show us that he's not really a true PG , or one that makes the others around him better.

Regarding the coaching change, should it result in Lauri having a resurgence, that would sort of seem to validate the "Boylen messed him up" narrative, although there can never be any concrete correlation to absolutely prove it. Unless, of course, Lauri were to improve and when asked about it, come out and say that "it's been the coaching change". Yeah, how cool would that be? :-)

Well, he was good as a rookie under Hoiberg. And lest we forget, thats the only time he played under Hoiberg. Remember at the start of year 2 both Lauri and Dunn were on the injured list, and Pax pulled a shady move by replacing Fred with Boylen immediately before Lauri/Dunns return so that Fred didn't have a chance to improve with a better roster, while Boylen would be starting with a full deck from day 1.

Some of his decline is most definitely ocaching
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#103 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Would #1 + #17 + Naz Reid + Josh Okogie get Carter Jr. + Markkanen + #4?

If no what would you want Minny to toss in?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#104 » by Dominator83 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:
sco wrote:
Jordan Syndrome wrote:I posted this in the T&T board, didn't get a lot of traction. First trade I have posted on this board, what does everyone here think?

Trade
Brooklyn Out: Caris LaVert, Taurean Prince, Jarrett Allen
Brooklyn In: Otto Porter Jr, Ersan Ilyasova, Donte DiVicenzo

Chicago Out: Otto Porter Jr, Luke Kornet
Chicago In: Eric Bledsoe, Taurean Prince, Jarrett Allen, #24

Milwaukee Out: Eric Bledsoe, DJ Wilson, Donte DiVicenzo, Ersan Ilyasova, #24
Milwaukee In: Caris LaVert, Tomas Satoransky, Luke Kornet

Brooklyn is getting hosed. No way they do that.

My reasoning was Max Cap Space in 2021 Free Agency while still being a title contender in 2021.

No way Brooklyn is just gonna give these guys away. Did you see Levert after he returned from injury even pre-bubble? Hes worth something good not junk. AND they're giving away Jarrett? Stop it

I can realistically see a trade centered around Lavine for Levert. Durant loves Lavine and you know he has some pull in Brooklyn. I like Lavine more than most here do, so i don't know how i would feel about that one. But, we don't know what it on the minds of AKME and how they want to go about this roster. So its possible they would be down for a trade centered around that.

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#105 » by jStuNNa » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:36 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would #1 + #17 + Naz Reid + Josh Okogie get Carter Jr. + Markkanen + #4?

Why would Minny want both Wendell and Lauri when they already have KAT?

And even if they did, no... The Bulls aren't going to part with both their young bigs in such an uncertain draft. That wouldn't even make much sense in a more certain draft.

Aside from the #1 pick, I'm not sure the Wolves have anything else the Bulls would be interested in. And on the other side of that, there's nothing the Bulls have that the Wolves would want... Especially not enough to give up the #1 pick.

If the Bulls are going to trade up, it would be with the Warriors.

The #4 pick isn't a bad spot to be in this year so I don't see the Bulls having much motivation to move up a few spots in a draft with no clear superstar at the top.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#106 » by Dominator83 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:
leo921 wrote:Bulls trade - Lavine/Sato/4th pick
for
Warriors trade - Wiggins/2nd pick/2021 Minn pick

Warriors add Lavine, who as a 1st option shot 38% on 3s and averaged 25ppg, who now moves to 3rd option so he can pick his spots, hit 3s, and attack a scrambling defense instead of a set defense. Warriors add Sato as additional depth, drop down to 4th and add a great defensive big who is developing his offense in Okongwu. Warriors lose Wiggins at the cost of dropping 2 spots this draft and losing the Minn pick and help there cap moving forward.

Warriors have a lineup of Curry/Lavine/Thompson/Green/Okongwu with a bench of Sato/Paschell/Chriss

Bulls add Ball this draft and have 2 picks next year (own and Minn)Next year Otto and Felico fall off the cap and the Bulls with a good coach can be looked at as a young upcoming team. I would go with a lineup of Ball/White/Otto/Lauri/Carter with a bench of Dunn(resign)/Wiggins/Young/Gafford. Wiggins will probably start as Otto is always hurt but if Otto remains healthy then Wiggins can play 30-35 mins off the bench between the 2/3/4 positions.

Nah, Lavine is a keeper as far as I'm concerned. I would be interested in sending Porter Jr. and Gafford to the Warriors for Wiggins and the Wolves 2021 first round pick. The 2021 draft will be loaded with needle movers.

The irony in that proposal is, that if healthy (i know thats the big caveat with him), Otto is a far better fit for GSW than Lavine would be. Lavine and Klay both are best suited at SG, Otto is a natural 3 that would compliament their core perfectly.

Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#107 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:21 am

jStuNNa wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would #1 + #17 + Naz Reid + Josh Okogie get Carter Jr. + Markkanen + #4?

Why would Minny want both Wendell and Lauri when they already have KAT?

And even if they did, no... The Bulls aren't going to part with both their young bigs in such an uncertain draft. That wouldn't even make much sense in a more certain draft.

Aside from the #1 pick, I'm not sure the Wolves have anything else the Bulls would be interested in. And on the other side of that, there's nothing the Bulls have that the Wolves would want... Especially not enough to give up the #1 pick.

If the Bulls are going to trade up, it would be with the Warriors.

The #4 pick isn't a bad spot to be in this year so I don't see the Bulls having much motivation to move up a few spots in a draft with no clear superstar at the top.

I think Okoro has Draymond Green lite potential fwiw. I really like all of Chicago's individual pieces, I hope your front office can figure out what is needed to make them take the next step.

What do you think one individual player who isn't an All-NBA caliber that could push Chicago into Orlando/Indiana/Brooklyn (past two years) tier?

Obviously a superstar wing or PG +development could make y'all special, but is their a player archetype that isn't All-NBA level that can get Chicago to become a regular playoff team and then maybe attract a FA to that playoff team?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#108 » by gobullschi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:05 am

Chicago Trades:
Otto Porter Jr.

Chicago Receives:
Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle, & #21

Chicago Trades:
Lauri Markkanen, Otto Porter Jr., 2020 1st (#4), Thaddeus Young, Tomas Satoransky, & Cristiano Felicio

Chicago Receives:
Aaron Gordon, Nikola Vujevic, Chuma Okeke, & #15

PG: Coby White / RJ Hampton (#15)
SG: Zach LaVine / Matisse Thybulle
SF: Tobias Harris / Chandler Hutchison / Chuma Okeke
PF: Aaron Gordon / Daniel Gafford / Jaden McDaniels (#21)
C: Nikola Vujevic / Wendell Carter Jr.
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#109 » by dpucane » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:54 am

sco wrote:Wonder how bad Wash want out from Wall contract?

Wall/Hachimura for Otto/Lauri/Sato. Assuming they liked their old players?
Hachimura is not good

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#110 » by dpucane » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:09 am

Bulls Get:
2022 top 5 proected
2023 unprotected
Wiggins

Warriors Get:
Thad
Otto
Lauri

Bulls get #2, try to figure out Wiggins, and get picks in potential double drafts with an off chance the Warriors blow it up.

Warriors get 3 guys who make sense next to their core and reload

May have to take one of the picks out.

Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 126

Post#111 » by Bulldog23 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:I want to blow this up...and all in on the draft.

Send Lavine to New York for 8th pick and salary.

Send Laurie and Thad to Minn for #1 and 17; and Johnson.

I wanted to revisit this Minn trade..I just don’t see a scenario where the Bulls get #1 pick from them. They don’t need Laurie or Lavine on that team. They might consider Thad for 17 and maybe Culver, might be Stretch. Johnson is a good player for them swings between the three and four. The only thing that makes sense is if they want to go after a major free agent to play along side Kat...like AD. Free up salary with a OPJ trade but getting a number 1 out of that is tough.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#112 » by sco » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:10 pm

If houston wants a new direction, what about?

Covington for Lauri, Gafford, Hutchinson?
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#113 » by gobullschi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 pm

I’d say a package of either WCJ or Markkanen + #4 for #1 is equal value.

I’d rather keep Markkanen or WCJ than break their value into 3 different pieces (#17, Reid, & Okogie) Maybe if you swapped Okogie with a Culver, but I don’t see Minnesota doing that.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#114 » by gobullschi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:41 pm

dpucane wrote:Bulls Get:
2022 top 5 proected
2023 unprotected
Wiggins

Warriors Get:
Thad
Otto
Lauri

Bulls get #2, try to figure out Wiggins, and get picks in potential double drafts with an off chance the Warriors blow it up.

Warriors get 3 guys who make sense next to their core and reload

May have to take one of the picks out.

I think GS would rather keep their draft picks and hope Wiggins excels as a third/fourth option, instead of a one or two.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#115 » by ChettheJet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:12 pm

sco wrote:If houston wants a new direction, what about?

Covington for Lauri, Gafford, Hutchinson?

If HOU wants a new direction let them use Google Maps, that's a horrible swap of three younger guys for one solid contributor at the SF where Porter fits the exact same description. I would be bad for just Lauri.

Every body gets caught up wanting massive trades to overhaul the entire roster, trading up to #2 or #1 or just adding one of the top 2 picks and there's no point. We're not one player away. The roster isn't a broken mess. Virtually all of it was injured last year and unless you're sure that's going to continue of want to guarantee that everybody you want to draft and trade for will be there for 82 games next season, whenever that it, then you can stop. You're going to have to catch some team at a real moment of desperation to get another top 15 pick for anyone that's expendable, most teams don't have fits of stupidity.

Right now I look at there being one main mission; trade Thad Young and see what he brings back. Because what they can get for him sets other things in motion. Is it a PG who can join the rotation, or a Sf so Porter can shift over behind Lauri?
*Then they can look to trade Satoransky and see what he'll bring.
*Do they want to bring back Dunn or Valentine? If not then what teams are interested and are there S&Ts that could get even a second round pick? A late FRP and an expiring contract.
*Listen to offers to trade down from #4 and then see which adds more, #4 by himself or #8 or #10 and the player that comes back with that pick. Is there any way to include Felicio in any deal?
*I'd look at moving up to #2 if GSW, or #1 if MINN, wanted something that didn't gut the lineup. But only after I had found a trade down for that pick to #5-#10 and see what else comes with it. The Bulls are looking for different assets/players than MINN or GSW and could get different things than a team would send to them.
*Decide who to draft at #4 after seeing what happened in those trades.
*I'd be willing to trade Porter but not to get anybody with a longer contract unless he really filled a need, and that's highly unlikely. The only way I see to trade Otto is to be the 3rd or 4th wheel in a trade of Paul, Conley, Westbrook or any of those PHIL players and use his salary to to get some players and picks.
*I'd be willing to trade Markkanen but after trading Young who do we end up starting at the 4?

If there's one thing the GarPax did well it was avoid getting stuck with players with long huge contracts that teams have to include draft picks to get out from under. The last coupe I recall are Ben Wallace and Larry Hughes. Yeah they paid Boozer to go but at least he showed up most of those years even if he wasn't a big difference maker.

That's why I want to avoid Tobias Harris. He puts up the numbers but he's surrounded by those three other big time players and they never put it all together. I see him just like Boozer who kept putting up the numbers but you wonder how many other players could have made the same contribution he did, for less money.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#116 » by PaKii94 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:12 am

Lol y'all have some horrible trade ideas. Firm no in trading up in this piss poor draft
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#117 » by Mattya » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:08 am

Bulldog23 wrote:
Bulldog23 wrote:I want to blow this up...and all in on the draft.

Send Lavine to New York for 8th pick and salary.

Send Laurie and Thad to Minn for #1 and 17; and Johnson.

I wanted to revisit this Minn trade..I just don’t see a scenario where the Bulls get #1 pick from them. They don’t need Laurie or Lavine on that team. They might consider Thad for 17 and maybe Culver, might be Stretch. Johnson is a good player for them swings between the three and four. The only thing that makes sense is if they want to go after a major free agent to play along side Kat...like AD. Free up salary with a OPJ trade but getting a number 1 out of that is tough.

Might be a stretch? I don’t mean to be harsh but you really need to re-evaluate what you think Thad Young is worth.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#118 » by MrSparkle » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:35 am

Light the pipe, Mr. Sparkle is here:

#4, Lauri, Gafford, Arci for #1, Johnson
- Draft Edwards

Otto for Barnes, #12, #35
- Draft Maxey/Anthony/Lewis at 12

Sign Baynes or Plumlee at or below MLE.

Hire D'Antoni and RUN. :lol:

Coby Maxey Sato
Zach Shaq Mokoka
Edwards Hutchinson
Barnes Thad Johnson
Carter Baynes

Screw it. That's an athletic, fast team with high-volume 3P makers.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#119 » by PlayerUp » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:40 am

MrSparkle wrote:Light the pipe, Mr. Sparkle is here:

#4, Lauri, Gafford, Arci for #1, Johnson
- Draft Edwards

Otto for Barnes, #12, #35
- Draft Maxey/Anthony/Lewis at 12

Sign Baynes or Plumlee at or below MLE.

Hire D'Antoni and RUN. :lol:

Coby Maxey Sato
Zach Shaq Mokoka
Edwards Hutchinson
Barnes Thad Johnson
Carter Baynes

Screw it. That's an athletic, fast team with high-volume 3P makers.

2 modifications above.

- D'Antoni is going to go to an good team so 76ers right now are frontrunners. He's out but I agree him transforming our offensive system would work. This team needs a more offensive minded coach to maximize our players.

- Minnesota trade needs more coming in. Have Minnesota add the #17 and take Kira Lewis Jr with the #17. Edit: Nevermind you have Lewis being taken at #12. Take the guy who drops then with the #12 or #17.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#120 » by rtblues » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:07 pm

Dominater wrote:
rtblues wrote:My problem with trading Lauri now is they'd be "selling low", yet it's a conundrum since waiting for him to get better is also a risk, and if he does, then he'll want to get paid. Important decision going forward. Only thing I'll say about him in this current situation, it would be very interesting to see what Markkanen could do, with a true distributor on the team, an actual PG, and secondly how a new coach will impact his play. Which is why I'm very much okay with drafting/trading for a PG with the traditional passing skills of a PG.

They can put any player at the 1 and call him a PG, but the reality always comes through. This much seems fair to say, Zach ain't a PG, and neither is Coby White. Sato? He's had enough of an opportunity to show us that he's not really a true PG , or one that makes the others around him better.

Regarding the coaching change, should it result in Lauri having a resurgence, that would sort of seem to validate the "Boylen messed him up" narrative, although there can never be any concrete correlation to absolutely prove it. Unless, of course, Lauri were to improve and when asked about it, come out and say that "it's been the coaching change". Yeah, how cool would that be? :-)

Well, he was good as a rookie under Hoiberg. And lest we forget, thats the only time he played under Hoiberg. Remember at the start of year 2 both Lauri and Dunn were on the injured list, and Pax pulled a shady move by replacing Fred with Boylen immediately before Lauri/Dunns return so that Fred didn't have a chance to improve with a better roster, while Boylen would be starting with a full deck from day 1.

Some of his decline is most definitely ocaching

I was put off by Lauri when time and time again he was bullied down low, or failed to dominate against mismatches himself.
I'm sure what you're saying about Boylen has some validity, but there's also just some personal pride and effort that was questionable last season. It certainly casts doubts on him at the 5, or even at the 4! He also just doesn't fill up the stat sheet either. I hope that even the Lauri supporters can admit that he had disappointing season, putting it kindly.

About his rookie year under Hoiberg, yes and perhaps he was in a better position at the time to succeed, and fast-forward later to a couple of years later and there is scouting on him that there wasn't his rookie season, so teams were able to game-plan against him and the things he does well, or not so well.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016

Return to Chicago Bulls