ImageImageImageImageImage

Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Kelphus
Senior
And1: 528

Re: Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps 

Post#221 » by Kelphus » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:46 am

Forgot that, like OKC, spRockets have three Clippers alums
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,082

Post#222 » by og15 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:10 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
SK21209 wrote:I hope the Lakers win just because I cannot stand watching the Rockets play and dread the thought of having to do so in the WCF.

I'm not looking past the Nuggets yet, but if we do end up facing the Rockets, we're at least better equipped to deal with their small ball gimmick than the Lakers are.

Yup, there's no Dort to make Harden's life miserable, but the Clippers perimeter defenders are much better than the Lakers, and Harrell will actually have a lot of fun with smaller defenders on him.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#223 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:03 pm

harrell is going to eat these guys up like candy
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#224 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:05 pm

The results are in on the PG trade, and it's the worst trade ever. We would have been better off running it back with last year's team than trading our future away for the most fraudulent team in NBA history.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#225 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:48 pm

I remember saying the draft > trying to sign a championship.
I remember saying Kawhi shoulda just signed here and trusted the FO instead of holding them hostage.

Jokic...2nd round
Harris 19th...draft night trade.
Murray....lottery pick.
Monte Morris...2nd round pick.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#226 » by Clemenza » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:47 pm

Gallo and SGA didn't do that much in these bubble games at all for OKC. Undrafted Lu Dort guarding James Harden was the man for them and the reason the series went 7 games. PG has been playing great outside of those horrific 3 games he had against the Mavericks. The rest of the starters and the bench has been doing absolutely nothing these last few games for us.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#227 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:26 pm

Clemenza wrote:Gallo and SGA didn't do that much in these bubble games at all for OKC.

They didn't have one of the most humiliating playoff chokejobs in sports history. That's already better than what this team's doing.

And we wouldn't just have them if we never made that trade, we'd also still have all our draft picks to build around SGA. Instead we traded our future away for Lob City 2.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#228 » by Clemenza » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:35 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Gallo and SGA didn't do that much in these bubble games at all for OKC.

They didn't have one of the most humiliating playoff chokejobs in sports history. That's already better than what this team's doing.

And we wouldn't just have them if we never made that trade, we'd also still have all our draft picks to build around SGA. Instead we traded our future away for Lob City 2.

I hear you but I'm not quite sure on the SGA is the future talk. Check his IG.. he's really all about fashion these days and not really about improving his game. He desperately needs a quicker release on his shot to take the next level and he's unsure of himself on offense. Maybe that's because CP3 is playing pg instead of him. He was 10X better with us in the post season against Golden State then what I seen with him at OKC. But things can change a year from now so we'll see. But they haven't won in this trade tho imo. Pluse there's rumors that because of Covid and the lost revenue some 1st round picks might be up for sale by some team owners who are getting light in their pocketbooks. Buying a 1st round pick for Ballmer is like him finding loose change under the couch.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#229 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Clemenza wrote:Check his IG.. he's really all about fashion these days and not really about improving his game.

This team is all about fashion too. They spend the entire second half of every playoff game modeling the latest clown suits.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#230 » by Clemenza » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:44 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Check his IG.. he's really all about fashion these days and not really about improving his game.

This team is all about fashion too. They spend the entire second half of every playoff game modeling the latest clown suits.

I hear you.. I miss SGA on the team just like the next guy but he's not really became that dude for this "we lost the trade" scenario to play out imo. Him nor Gallo has it poppin like that in OKC. The youngster that was turning heads and might have the brightest future for the Thunder is Lu Dort imo. Maybe I'm wrong tho. We'll know in a year or two.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#231 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Clemenza wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

I hear you.. I miss SGA on the team just like the next guy but he's not really became that dude for this "we lost the trade" scenario to play out imo. Him nor Gallo has it poppin like that in OKC. The youngster that was turning heads and might have the brightest future for the Thunder is Lu Dort imo. Maybe I'm wrong tho. We'll know in a year or two.

It's not even about SGA or Gallo. It's the fact that we traded all those picks in the hopes that we could finally move past the exact type of scenario we're in right now. Legitimately contending for championships would have made the trade worth it. More Lob City second-round exits, though? No thanks, I'd rather have the picks.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#232 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:This team is all about fashion too. They spend the entire second half of every playoff game modeling the latest clown suits.

It's not even about SGA or Gallo. It's the fact that we traded all those picks in the hopes that we could finally move past the exact type of scenario we're in right now. Legitimately contending for championships would have made the trade worth it. More Lob City second-round exits, though? No thanks, I'd rather have the picks.

Doc would not play/develop any of the picks we had (smfh)
Ballmer will never fire him.

So holding onto the picks may have been useless.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#233 » by Clemenza » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:This team is all about fashion too. They spend the entire second half of every playoff game modeling the latest clown suits.

I hear you but really its all about right now though.. not 2-3 years down the line- drafting a player and hoping and praying he turns into a Kawhi, PG, Dame, Giannis, AD, etc. Its all about right now! You're thinking years down the line and really Covid-19 is here killing everything in its path.. the NCAA didn't even have March Madness, empty NFL and MLB stadiums, etc. Everything is up in the air right now as far as the future of sports is concerned. The NBA might even have a much lower salary cap next year. Yeah I didn't like that we gave up a lot but man you gotta do **** right now cause tomorrow isn't promised. You got the Rams opening up their new $5 billion dollar stadium right now and no fans are allowed. I stay around the corner from the new stadium and non of the businesses are capitalizing off its presence because of Covid. And I definitely hear you but there's no promise and guarantee for any of this sports sh*t right now especially with draft picks and hoping they pan out.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#234 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:18 am

Clemenza wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I hear you.. I miss SGA on the team just like the next guy but he's not really became that dude for this "we lost the trade" scenario to play out imo. Him nor Gallo has it poppin like that in OKC. The youngster that was turning heads and might have the brightest future for the Thunder is Lu Dort imo. Maybe I'm wrong tho. We'll know in a year or two.

I hear you but really its all about right now though.. not 2-3 years down the line- drafting a player and hoping and praying he turns into a Kawhi, PG, Dame, Giannis, AD, etc. Its all about right now! You're thinking years down the line and really Covid-19 is here killing everything in its path.. the NCAA didn't even have March Madness, empty NFL and MLB stadiums, etc. Everything is up in the air right now as far as the future of sports is concerned. The NBA might even have a much lower salary cap next year. Yeah I didn't like that we gave up a lot but man you gotta do **** right now cause tomorrow isn't promised. You got the Rams opening up their new $5 billion dollar stadium right now and no fans are allowed. I stay around the corner from the new stadium and non of the businesses are capitalizing off its presence because of Covid. And I definitely hear you but there's no promise and guarantee for any of this sports sh*t right now especially with draft picks and hoping they pan out.

It's only about right now because we traded the future away. And what's happening right now wasn't worth it. If we were told immediately after making the PG trade that we would lose in the second round, we'd think it was just haters being delusional.

You think opening the new arena would be rough without making this trade? Just imagine how bad it's going to be with no Kawhi, no PG and no draft picks. That's what's actually going to happen if big changes aren't made this offseason, and I'm not confident that Ballmer has the balls to make those changes. Kawhi and PG aren't sticking around for second-round exits.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#235 » by Clemenza » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:58 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:It's not even about SGA or Gallo. It's the fact that we traded all those picks in the hopes that we could finally move past the exact type of scenario we're in right now. Legitimately contending for championships would have made the trade worth it. More Lob City second-round exits, though? No thanks, I'd rather have the picks.

It's only about right now because we traded the future away. And what's happening right now wasn't worth it. If we were told immediately after making the PG trade that we would lose in the second round, we'd think it was just haters being delusional.

You think opening the new arena would be rough without making this trade? Just imagine how bad it's going to be with no Kawhi, no PG and no draft picks. That's what's actually going to happen if big changes aren't made this offseason, and I'm not confident that Ballmer has the balls to make those changes. Kawhi and PG aren't sticking around for second-round exits.

That's if it goes down like that. Hell we still have one more game left in this series even though I'm not that confident tbh. I love the draft and lets fess up the Clipps with a lack of our overall success through the years have been the draft poster-boys since forever. So its not that bad that we took a gamble this time around instead of draft, draft, draft, draft like we usually do. Think about it we drafted SGA and Robinson and on top of it all passed on Michael Porter Jr. So even when we went all in on the draft we really don't have sh*t to show for it cause we have non of those players on our roster right nwo. But the trade was worthwhile imo.. Kawhi and PG- who wouldn't want that combo on their team? Now coaching that combo is another story and what we're currently facing now. We have star players, a bench and some youth in Mann and Kabengale in the wings.. and more than likely Kabengale gives us more than Trez and Noah right now but was not invited to the bubble. The trade was a gamble and a good one imo
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#236 » by Vae Victus » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:51 am

The deal was SEGA + Gallo + JRob + Epic shitton of FRPs for PG13 AND Kawhi

Please dont forget that Kawhi held the team hostage and forced the Logo to make that trade, otherwise he woulda gone to LAL to form the Super Team to end all **** Super Teams. Had Kawhi joined LAL, and with the way they look with LBJ + AD + trash so far, they'd moonwalk into a dynasty.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#237 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:20 pm

He's had the team hostage for 2 whole years now (something I was vehemently opposed to)...and he will until Summer 2021.
We're all just so happy to have him here that we don't care about it. We also didn't really envision a 2nd round exit either.

Guy had the keys to the franchise the moment he demanded out of SAS and had his people floating out that he wanted to come to our franchise.

Stupid Clippers (funny how that works, no matter how good of an FO you get, it's still stupid Clippers) didn't GAF that he already had interest in us. We still had to treat our franchise like a mom cleaning her house when company (Kawhi) was coming over.

Scouts at every game.
$50,000 tampering fines.
A whole 1st round L to the Worriers dedicated to this guy.

Just let him defecate down your throat already.

Yeah, at that point, when that guy says trade everything for Paul George or I aint coming.....you have no choice.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Post#238 » by esqtvd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:53 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:He's had the team hostage for 2 whole years now (something I was vehemently opposed to)...and he will until Summer 2021.
We're all just so happy to have him here that we don't care about it. We also didn't really envision a 2nd round exit either.

Guy had the keys to the franchise the moment he demanded out of SAS and had his people floating out that he wanted to come to our franchise.

Stupid Clippers (funny how that works, no matter how good of an FO you get, it's still stupid Clippers) didn't GAF that he already had interest in us. We still had to treat our franchise like a mom cleaning her house when company (Kawhi) was coming over.

Scouts at every game.
$50,000 tampering fines.
A whole 1st round L to the Worriers dedicated to this guy.

Just let him defecate down your throat already.

Yeah, at that point, when that guy says trade everything for Paul George or I aint coming.....you have no choice.

Buyer's remorse?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#239 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:07 pm

I definitely have buyers' remorse. With all the assets we traded away for Kawhi, it's pretty inexcusable that he couldn't at least carry us to a win in Game 5 or 6 in spite of Doc's insanity. This whole thing wasn't worth it at all for another Lob City second-round exit.

I'm also not convinced he goes to the Lakers if we don't make the PG trade. I think he stays in Toronto.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#240 » by clipperlover » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:I definitely have buyers' remorse. With all the assets we traded away for Kawhi, it's pretty inexcusable that he couldn't at least carry us to a win in Game 5 or 6 in spite of Doc's insanity. This whole thing wasn't worth it at all for another Lob City second-round exit.

I'm also not convinced he goes to the Lakers if we don't make the PG trade. I think he stays in Toronto.

Nonsense. Do you not see the huge defensive difference Kawhi makes? Do you not see Kawhi and PG hitting the floor going after loose balls?

You are worried about "potential" over proven with those assets. We didn't trade for Paul Pierce years ago because of the potential of Livingston and Maggette. Neither of those guys ever sniffed an All-Star game while PP will be in the HoF. Ainge traded a bunch of assets and young players with potential to land Garnett and Ray Allen. Those assets never amounted to anything.

I would be more upset with us wasting a draft pick on Jerome "I am on no else's top 20 draft board" Robinson. Doc never played rookies, so not taking a flyer on the potential of MP Jr. was just dumb.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers