Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#321 » by nickhx2 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:And seriously, the refs took control of that 3rd quarter and got Denver back in the game. The Clippers weren't allowed to park defense in the 3rd without a whistle. For a team like Denver who is a really low free throw shooting team to get 16 free throws in that quarter was laughable. The refs got the Clippers out rhythm offensively and defensively that quarter and they never recovered as they played tentatively on defense after that.

the refs did impact the game but if the game is managed better we also probably are fine.

But look at the numbers, up 16 at half, Denver gets 12 points from the line on 16 attempts, attempt 15 shots total in the 3rd and yet they score 30 points. That 3rd quarter swing was manufactured in my opinion

i would say there were only a couple pretty bad calls, like that lou williams turnover. but both things can be true.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#322 » by Max Headrom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 pm

10 fouls on the Clippers to 4 in the 3rd quarter for the Nuggets. That's complete one sided reffing. And as we know, one quarter in the playoffs can literally be the difference between a win and a loss. That's not entirely to blame but to say it wasn't a big swing in the game is dishonest at best. They didn't deserve all those free throws that quarter that helped them trim the lead, period.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#323 » by TheNewEra » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Max Headrom wrote:10 fouls on the Clippers to 4 in the 3rd quarter for the Nuggets. That's complete one sided reffing. And as we know, one quarter in the playoffs can literally be the difference between a win and a loss. That's not entirely to blame but to say it wasn't a big swing in the game is dishonest at best. They didn't deserve all those free throws that quarter that helped them trim the lead, period.

You are reaching man that’s far from a discrepancy at all. Give it we loss this game from leadership and game management.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#324 » by Max Headrom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:56 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:10 fouls on the Clippers to 4 in the 3rd quarter for the Nuggets. That's complete one sided reffing. And as we know, one quarter in the playoffs can literally be the difference between a win and a loss. That's not entirely to blame but to say it wasn't a big swing in the game is dishonest at best. They didn't deserve all those free throws that quarter that helped them trim the lead, period.

You are reaching man that’s far from a discrepancy at all. Give it we loss this game from leadership and game management.

16 free throw attempts to 6 isn't a discrepancy? Since when??
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#325 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Dude, this is just sad now. You dismissed all the skeptics by claiming we were just in "told you so mode." You were wildly overconfident in a franchise that has never proven anything ever in the playoffs. Just admit you were wrong instead of trying to blame the refs.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#326 » by esqtvd » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:13 pm

ouch

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#327 » by TheNewEra » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

16 free throw attempts to 6 isn't a discrepancy? Since when??

You think 10 more free throws is a sign the refs are plotting against us? We shot the same amount for the game and made 5 more overall so what do you want? Bad calls happen and runs happen and usually the team making the run gets the benefit it’s up to the defense to make a change

Clippers 24-27ft
Nuggets 19-27ft

The refs didn’t screw us
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#328 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:15 pm

Somebody needs to rough up Jokic next game. Make him actually earn those fouls.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#329 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:43 pm

esqtvd wrote:ouch

Read on Twitter

Never bought into his ra ra stuff.
Never bought into making our 6 foot, non-superstar, middling PG our spirit animal...our heart n soul.

But as you know.....
I havent liked how they built this all along.

Im just crossing my fingers.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#330 » by esqtvd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:09 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:ouch

Read on Twitter

Never bought into his ra ra stuff.
Never bought into making our 6 foot, non-superstar, middling PG our spirit animal...our heart n soul.

But as you know.....
I havent liked how they built this all along.

Im just crossing my fingers.

Fair enough. You go to war with the team you have, not with the team you wish you did. Who the hell wants a 6'7" center? Not his fault he played himself into the 6MOY instead of J-Myke. Not his fault he's a basket case emotionally right now.

And who wants a 6'0" SG like Lou or a 6' PG who can't really play the point like Bev? That's 3 of our top 7. Go Clips! :P
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#331 » by NippySudz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:43 am

I'm not watching next game. I can't take it but I believe the clippers can get it done. This. is. their. last. chance. They are a better team than denver. Multiple times they built on big leads. DOC. ADJUST. ADAPT. PLEASE. Stop **** around with this BS and lets get to the Conference finals.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#332 » by NippySudz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:45 am

blaming the refs is a sorry cop out. I never get fans who blame the refs. Just look at the game and tell me you think the clippers played hard in the second half. They definitely didn't. Kawhi was 0/3 in the third. We went cold because the team settled for jumpers.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#333 » by nickhx2 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:00 am

i'd absolutely love to blame the refs. i mean absolutely would, 1000%. because that would mean that our team didn't drop a huge turd in the bed in a critical elimination game. it means that i don't have to face a reality that might very well be true: this team is not ready to win a championship. or that it might not even be capable of it.

but this loss wasn't on them. it wasn't a game that was marred by poor calls. and blaming officials displaces the blame on the guys who didn't perform.

my hope is that the entire team, HC included, smarten up after all this.

doc needs to know that harrell is simply unplayable if he's not doing anything on offense. you don't put him in there and eat 2 huge threes from jokic only to go "oh well, i thought it was gonna be ok!" like wtf. that's what he's been doing ALL series and somehow he still hasn't learned.

lou can't play hero ball on offense. it needs him to make plays.

and beverley can't play hero ball on defense. this team's defense is on another level if he just sticks to the plan. but guy just can't seem to get over himself. he's so selfish. what i wouldn't give to trade him with someone like fred van fleet.

the good news is we get one more game. the bad news is that i don't expect doc rivers to learn.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#334 » by Clemenza » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:17 am

nickhx2 wrote:i'd absolutely love to blame the refs. i mean absolutely would, 1000%. because that would mean that our team didn't drop a huge turd in the bed in a critical elimination game. it means that i don't have to face a reality that might very well be true: this team is not ready to win a championship. or that it might not even be capable of it.

but this loss wasn't on them. it wasn't a game that was marred by poor calls. and blaming officials displaces the blame on the guys who didn't perform.

doc needs to know that harrell is simply unplayable if he's not doing anything on offense. you don't put him in there and eat 2 huge threes from jokic only to go "oh well, i thought it was gonna be ok!" like wtf. that's what he's been doing ALL series and somehow he still hasn't learned.

and beverley can't play hero ball on defense. this team's defense is on another level if he just sticks to the plan. but guy just can't seem to get over himself. he's so selfish. what i wouldn't give to trade him with someone like fred van fleet.

the good news is we get one more game. the bad news is that i don't expect doc rivers to learn.

How does Doc sit there and watch the exact same scenario play out over and over and over again? That's what I don't understand. Love Trez but this just simply isn't the series for him. Really I would love for us to face the Lakers instead of dealing with this Jokic guy. This dude is literally torching us to death but it always looks like Doc is still not addressing this Jokic problem for some reason.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,085

Post#335 » by og15 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:18 am

Can't blame the refs here, for some reason the team decided that hacking was defense in the 3rd. They hacked a lot and payed for it, don't hack, don't get fouls, and they weren't attacking much at that time, so they didn't get anything.

As a coach you have to be willing to change things up based on matchups, eg: Lakers no McGee and Howard vs Houston.

1) Beverley stop fouling 2) Lou in to see if he's feeling it, if not, Reggie goes in 3) Zubac in whenever Jokic is in up to 32 minutes 4) Green in place of Harrell and place pace and space with those lineups.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,085

Post#336 » by og15 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:21 am

nickhx2 wrote:i'd absolutely love to blame the refs. i mean absolutely would, 1000%. because that would mean that our team didn't drop a huge turd in the bed in a critical elimination game. it means that i don't have to face a reality that might very well be true: this team is not ready to win a championship. or that it might not even be capable of it.

Selfish defense is not mentioned much, but people don't understand how it messes with the whole team. When you are trying to be a hero on defense instead of just playing the game plan, you just screw it up for all, and again, fouling is bad defense.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#337 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:29 am

We lost the 2nd half by 30.

lol at blaming the refs.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#338 » by NippySudz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:39 am

Defending doc losing a contested game - okay, it was contested. They fought hard.

Defending doc losing a 16pt lead - Okay, that's one slip up. They learned from that.

Defending doc after blowing three 16pt lead games and almost blowing a fourth - Inexcusable. No one can defend this. I don't care how loyal you are as a fan. You cannot defend this. This is in one playoff run, 2 in one series.

Imagine if he did this with lebron james. Everyone would see doc is the problem. Everyone.

He's doing it with kawhi and people are giving him a pass. I tried to be patient with the man. I thought he turned a new leaf with kawhi. I'd thought he'd be smarter. He's not. We might advance and I hope that we do, but we have to fight against the coach to do it.

the clippers are so talented that we are building up 19pt lead without our bench playing well. Think about that. Just think about that for a second. That should spell sweep to any fan out there if the coaching was better.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#339 » by esqtvd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:40 am

Quake Griffin wrote:We lost the 2nd half by 30.

lol at blaming the refs.

I do think those early third-quarter calls made us timid on defense and the Nugs DID get back into the game at the line. But after that the Nugs did hit their shots and we missed ours. I think we missed 10 in a row at one point. You score 16 points and then 19 points in a quarter and you'll lose 98% of the time.

We had 3 starters combine for 9 points for the whole game.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#340 » by nickhx2 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:14 am

i'm typically pretty optimistic but right now?

i'm thinking about how the team gets better next season. and what coach we may be able to bring in. don't see how we are going to beat denver if doc keeps deploying montrez at the worst of times.

imo his comments at the end of today's game pretty much told you what you needed to know. he doesn't seem to think harrell's court presence was that big of a deal. but anyone watching the game could see the guy was routinely lost or late on defense, and it's been like that all series.

doc is like the guy who plays a horrible poker hand, loses half his stack, then does it again the next time he's dealt the same garbage.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers