Post#481 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:41 am

Read on Twitter
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#482 » by King Ken » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:40 am

kg01 wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:Yeah selling low on Collins makes absolutely 0 sense....too bad BR with their horrible trades suggestions doesn’t understand that.

Just saw AGAIN they suggested to Collins + Huerter for #2. :banghead:

Omfg I want this draft to come and go so bad.

Most of the media world could give a **** less about the Hawks. If they can destroy us and build up someone else, they would do it in a heartbeat. Thank goodness TS loves our core and isn't stupid as **** like the sports media is still high on Luka's cumstains.
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#483 » by 100proof » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:54 pm

Would hawks trade huerter and 6 for hayward?
I would like to say collins and 6 for hayward but i assume you value him pretty high?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#484 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:11 am

100proof wrote:Would hawks trade huerter and 6 for hayward?
I would like to say collins and 6 for hayward but i assume you value him pretty high?

No to all three - #6, Huerter and especially Collins.
Hayward is a 30 year old on a 1 year contract and he can leave the Hawks when he becomes a FA. His injury history is also problematic.
A team like the Hawks trying to take the next step out of a rebuild should not be trading assets for 30+ year old players on 1 year contracts.
100proof
Starter

Post#485 » by 100proof » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:19 am

jayu70 wrote:

Hayward is a 30 year old on a 1 year contract and he can leave the Hawks when he becomes a FA. His injury history is also problematic.
A team like the Hawks trying to take the next step out of a rebuild should not be trading assets for 30+ year old players on 1 year contracts.

I get your trepidation, but wouldnt a player of his cailibre actually propel you alot further than not having him? Then next offseason if he does leave you are, in theory, a playoff team with lots of youth and more than a max contract space available.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#486 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:29 am

100proof wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

I get your trepidation, but wouldnt a player of his cailibre actually propel you alot further than not having him? Then next offseason if he does leave you are, in theory, a playoff team with lots of youth and more than a max contract space available.

You are overvaluing Hayward in what you think he'll get you in any trade. Doubtful you get even a lottery pick for him alone.
At last season's trade deadline, Mitch Kupchak said the offers he received for Kemba were a lottery protected 1st based on his FAcy status. So consider Hayward's age, Pending FA and injury history and adjust your expectations on what he'll command in trade
Hawks have $42 million in capspace, I think we can adequately fill in the roster in FAcy to make a playoff push without giving up any of our core pieces and such a high lotto pick for a 1 year rental.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#487 » by D21 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:34 pm

100proof wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Hayward is really good, but recent injury and contract situation can't make this deal happen, and if he's worth a 6th pick, Huerter and all this cap for a potential one year, you should keep him and re-sign him for less money next season, as there's more chance he can re-sign with his current team than a team he ends up being traded in his last year. If you really want to trade him, ATL is not the best trading partner for that
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,347

Post#488 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:55 pm

100proof, it's a clear no to this trade proposal.

There is no appeal to trade a top-10 lottery pick and a promising young wing under rookie contract for an injury prone, pending free agent.

In truth, I expect our GM would request to RECEIVE one of your first round picks for taking on such an heavy salary.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#489 » by kg01 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

100proof, it's a clear no to this trade proposal.

There is no appeal to trade a top-10 lottery pick and a promising young wing under rookie contract for an injury prone, pending free agent.

In truth, I expect our GM would request to RECEIVE one of your first round picks for taking on such an heavy salary.

Why wouldn't we just wait a year and go after him in free agency? Sure he could say no but ... so, this is an aging, oft-injured wing we're talking about here.
king01 :king:
100proof
Starter

Post#490 » by 100proof » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:13 pm

His injuries are a little overblown imo.

And my thought to you frttingbhim prior free agency is that it gives a chance to sell him on the team.

I dont think Atlanta will be a big free agent player if they are a losing franchise.
kg01
General Manager

Post#491 » by kg01 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:29 pm

100proof wrote:His injuries are a little overblown imo.

And my thought to you frttingbhim prior free agency is that it gives a chance to sell him on the team.

I dont think Atlanta will be a big free agent player if they are a losing franchise.

There's only about 4 or 5 "free agent players" in the whole league. Most teams that sign guys are "losing franchises".

I get your point w.r.t. getting him in house and selling him on the team, etc. The bigger advantage to trading for him though iiuc, is getting his bird rights.

All that said, because of where he is in his career, I don't think it's worth losing Heurter and the 6 (or whatever we turn it into via trade) to gain a "shot" at Hayward.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#492 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:43 pm

I get that about selling him on the team and bird rights etc, and that is the part that is too high risk for a team like Atlanta that is transitioning from it's rebuild. He is owed $34 million so there is no way we are extenting that contract to pay him more per year.
He gets to FAcy, he pulls a Horford and takes a bigger payday else where, we are now out a #6 pick and Huerter, regardless if we have other young talent left. Not a good use of high end assets - just like I wouldn't trade #6 and/or Huerter for Oladipo or Jrue - theor contract situations makes it an untenable proposition.
Atlanta has never been a premier FA destination, so it's important to build the team to the draft and make trades for players that have at least 2 year on their contract. That is why the Capela trade (#17) made sense - young enough to grow with our core and a long term decent contract.
kg01
General Manager

Post#493 » by kg01 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:00 pm

jayu70 wrote:

I get that about selling him on the team and bird rights etc, and that is the part that is too high risk for a team like Atlanta that is transitioning from it's rebuild. He is owed $34 million so there is no way we are extenting that contract to pay him more per year.
He gets to FAcy, he pulls a Horford and takes a bigger payday else where, we are now out a #6 pick and Huerter, regardless if we have other young talent left. Not a good use of high end assets - just like I wouldn't trade #6 and/or Huerter for Oladipo or Jrue - theor contract situations makes it an untenable proposition.
Atlanta has never been a premier FA destination, so it's important to build the team to the draft and make trades for players that have at least 2 year on their contract. That is why the Capela trade (#17) made sense - young enough to grow with our core and a long term decent contract.

What you really meant to say is "the juice ain't worth the squeeze". :)
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#494 » by Radioblacktive1 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:12 pm

Who is Hayward at this stage in his career that we’d give up our promising guard and lotto pick to convince him to stay with us? Those assets can net a lot better than Hayward. The thought of him deciding whether he should re-sign while on crutches is laughable.

The thing where other teams fans think we’ll give up and take anything because we’re this hopeless franchise that’s not attractive to FAs so we must be desperate is odd to me.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#495 » by D21 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:16 pm

The point I find interesting is that the injury of Hayward gave more playing time to the young guys of BOS, and they developped and are now in the ECF.
ATL has basically the same kind of team, with several young guys with high potential, so like BOS, I think they don't need a veteran that will play for a new contract and hitting some playing time. If BOS doesn't need him, ATL doesn't, simple as that.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#496 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:53 am

Hayward is a take only in a salary cap relief scenario or a multiple team deal that sends the Cs back a big or draft pick. His contract makes it hard to match up with.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#497 » by graymule » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:08 pm

:lol:

Atlanta finished out of the running again. You have all these young guys and a good draft pick. We will trade you one of our old, crippled players who once was really good. He has a very high $$$ contract, but it's only for one year. You can have him for one of your young, healthy studs and your draft pick!

Dang! What a great deal!

Our GM may seem dumb but he ain't stupid. I wouldn't want to trade for the King with a deal like that, knowing he would be here only one season.

Slowly, the wheels of progress turn for this Hawk team. True Hawk fans believe. We see clearly where we're going. Your high priced free agents avoid us, that's true. Others may begin to stir and consider Atlanta as we improve.

:wink:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,898

Post#498 » by HMFFL » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:26 pm

B/R suggests a Warriors-Hawks trade centered on John Collins

The trade package Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report suggested involved the Warriors receiving John Collins and Kevin Huerter from the Hawks in exchange for the No. 2 pick, Kevon Looney, and Jordan Poole.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/09/17/nba-trade-rumors-b-r-suggests-warriors-hawks-trade-for-john-collins/
jayu70
RealGM

Post#499 » by jayu70 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:54 pm

HMFFL wrote:B/R suggests a Warriors-Hawks trade centered on John Collins

The trade package Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report suggested involved the Warriors receiving John Collins and Kevin Huerter from the Hawks in exchange for the No. 2 pick, Kevon Looney, and Jordan Poole.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/09/17/nba-trade-rumors-b-r-suggests-warriors-hawks-trade-for-john-collins/

Again? Still a pass, this helps GSW more than it helps the Hawks.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,347

Post#500 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:03 pm

HMFFL wrote:B/R suggests a Warriors-Hawks trade centered on John Collins

:sour: :sour: :sour: :sour: :sour: :sour:

Gross. That's a trade you make only if
A) You absolutely love the top player available at #2.
B) You have absolutely no intention of paying Collins long term.

I have my concerns about Collins' long term value at PF, but I'd rather keep him and Huerter than trading for another teenaged prospect.

Return to Atlanta Hawks