ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets unveil the 90’s era throwbacks for next season

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nets unveil the 90’s era throwbacks for next season 

Post#1 » by Paradise » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Micheal Grady hinted at some new throwback jerseys coming next season and it’s looking like it will be the 90’s throwbacks aka the Petrovic era.

Read on Twitter

Kyrie was spotted rocking the newly re-designed shorts:

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Re: The 90’s era Nets throwbacks hinted for next season 

Post#2 » by DarkXaero » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:41 pm

That's dope, looking forward to it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,841

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:51 pm

That's dope. I'm glad they finally stopped acting like the NJ Nets aren't apart of this franchise's history
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#4 » by Claud » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:03 pm

Yessssssssssssss. Definately buying one of those if they bring'em back.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#5 » by therealbig3 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Looks great.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#6 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:31 am

I still have a mint Champion authentic Kenny Anderson royal blue I bought back in 1995 as a leftover at the Champion outlet haha.

Wish I still fit in that ****! :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#7 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:40 am

Love those shorts!
Godsplan
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#8 » by Godsplan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:That's dope. I'm glad they finally stopped acting like the NJ Nets aren't apart of this franchise's history

I think they was just trying to win over NY fans since Knicks still dominate NY. I never got the impression they forgot about New Jersey.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#9 » by therealbig3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Godsplan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:That's dope. I'm glad they finally stopped acting like the NJ Nets aren't apart of this franchise's history

I think they was just trying to win over NY fans since Knicks still dominate NY. I never got the impression they forgot about New Jersey.

Meh, their whole rebranding process was all about trying to forget NJ and try to take over NY. Definitely rubbed me the wrong way. It's great that Brooklyn has a team again and all, but NJ was where this team had its most success since their ABA days, and it's where the majority of the fanbase is from, let's be honest. NY is a Knicks town, always will be. Yeah, as newer fans grow up, we'll get more and more NY-based fans of the Nets, but the majority of the fanbase now and for the foreseeable future are NJ Nets fans, and it definitely felt like the franchise ignored them and tried way too hard to cater to NY basketball fans for quite a few years.

I think bringing a popular former Net like RJ to the broadcast booth, and doing more things to honor the NJ Nets are big steps towards acknowledging and appreciating the NJ Nets days, which are near and dear to most Nets fans' hearts.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#10 » by therealbig3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:21 pm

I miss those grey alternates actually. Very dull and boring, but I liked them lol.

Hated the red ones.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#11 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I miss those grey alternates actually. Very dull and boring, but I liked them lol.

Hated the red ones.

The navy blues were my jumpoff.

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#12 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:37 pm

Godsplan wrote:

I've been thinking about this movie for almost the last week, underground classic!

These were my joints from that movie along with that Queen Latifah track:

When I was maybe 20 I was coming back from Texas on a small connecting flight from Corpus Christi to Houston or Dallas, can't remember which and the dude who played Midget was on my flight sitting in the seat in front of me, I saw him get on the plane and to me he was mad famous cause I loved that movie and so it's like a 45 minute flight and I was nervous to say what's up. When the flight landed and we were deboarding I'm like, yo you're Midget from New Jersey Drive! But I think I pretty much whispered it, so he's just looking at me like, "Ok, are you saying something?" with an awkward smile and we just nodded at eat other, got off the plane and went our separate ways. Cool Story Bro material right there. :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,841

Post#13 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:03 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Godsplan wrote:

Meh, their whole rebranding process was all about trying to forget NJ and try to take over NY. Definitely rubbed me the wrong way. It's great that Brooklyn has a team again and all, but NJ was where this team had its most success since their ABA days, and it's where the majority of the fanbase is from, let's be honest. NY is a Knicks town, always will be. Yeah, as newer fans grow up, we'll get more and more NY-based fans of the Nets, but the majority of the fanbase now and for the foreseeable future are NJ Nets fans, and it definitely felt like the franchise ignored them and tried way too hard to cater to NY basketball fans for quite a few years.

I think bringing a popular former Net like RJ to the broadcast booth, and doing more things to honor the NJ Nets are big steps towards acknowledging and appreciating the NJ Nets days, which are near and dear to most Nets fans' hearts.

It also helps that one of the franchise players is a legit New Jersey Nets fan as well. The fact that Kyrie already had a pair of the throwback shorts before the team debuted them speaks volumes.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Godsplan
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#14 » by Godsplan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:19 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Godsplan wrote:

I understand that. Where I do think things can change is because there’s a lot of implants in NY, specifically Brooklyn. A lot of people who did not grow up in NY and don’t care about the Knicks, the nets can definitely win over Brooklyn as time goes on if we are winning. What I don’t want forgotten though is New Jersey. I was born and raised in NY(Brooklyn) but can’t forget New Jersey history and I hope that continues to be honored going forward. I’ve never been a Knick fan and always leaned more towards the Nets for whatever reason especially after getting VC, one of my favorite players at the time. Them coming to Brooklyn was great but I do agree with your overall point. It’s more helpful to keep Jersey fans while getting some Brooklyn fans anyway. Two bases is better than one
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#15 » by Papi_swav » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:36 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I miss those grey alternates actually. Very dull and boring, but I liked them lol.

Hated the red ones.

The navy blues were my jumpoff.

yes these jersey were so sick. I also like the grey one and the red ones as well.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#16 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:03 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Godsplan wrote:

Yup...and we can thank Yormarket for that.

Never understood the idea of building a fanbase in Brooklyn by alienating old fans despite the old arenas of East Rutherford/Newark being less than 20 miles away from NYC and all of the old fans residing so closely throughout the neighboring state.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#17 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Godsplan wrote:I think they was just trying to win over NY fans since Knicks still dominate NY. I never got the impression they forgot about New Jersey.

It also helps that one of the franchise players is a legit New Jersey Nets fan as well. The fact that Kyrie already had a pair of the throwback shorts before the team debuted them speaks volumes.

Even though Kyrie is a fantastic player, the fact that he singlehandedly got the franchise to embrace its 35 year NJ history has already vaulted him up high on my list of all-time great Nets. :lol:
Paradise

Post#18 » by Paradise » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:48 am

It’s official:

Paradise

The 90’s era Nets throwbacks hinted for next season 

Post#19 » by Paradise » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter