ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL Football

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Re: OT: NFL Football 

Post#21 » by azwfan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:16 am

Even with Jimmy's... Jimmy-ness we still should've won if not for the 2nd of the two borderline unnecessary roughness penalties.

WR's need to get healthy cause what we got can't get enough separation for our QB to throw the ball with his typical inaccuracy to make big plays. We just gotta hope for our RB's to do damage and defense to get scores.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#22 » by Onus » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:30 am

azwfan wrote:Even with Jimmy's... Jimmy-ness we still should've won if not for the 2nd of the two borderline unnecessary roughness penalties.

WR's need to get healthy cause what we got can't get enough separation for our QB to throw the ball with his typical inaccuracy to make big plays. We just gotta hope for our RB's to do damage and defense to get scores.

May as well get a running qb. You literally can’t touch them. So pissed off on those 2 calls.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#23 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:40 am

Onus wrote:
azwfan wrote:Even with Jimmy's... Jimmy-ness we still should've won if not for the 2nd of the two borderline unnecessary roughness penalties.

May as well get a running qb. You literally can’t touch them. So pissed off on those 2 calls.

Me too!!! Horrible calls.

But I have to say that overall the Cards played a good defensive game and Jimmy was horrible.

I realize that without receivers who garner attention, the whole field gets shrunken down and it’s harder to throw the ball effectively. But he was off the whole game and almost got Kittles killed.

I’d like Shanahan to think about rolling the pocket at least a little bit.

Special teams was garbage today as well except for Gould.

Blocked punt results in a Cards td. Stopped at the goal line on 4th down and crap on 3rd down. And then finally the two big calls that killed us.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#24 » by azwfan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:52 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Onus wrote:

Me too!!! Horrible calls.

But I have to say that overall the Cards played a good defensive game and Jimmy was horrible.

I realize that without receivers who garner attention, the whole field gets shrunken down and it’s harder to throw the ball effectively. But he was off the whole game and almost got Kittles killed.

I’d like Shanahan to think about rolling the pocket at least a little bit.

Special teams was garbage today as well except for Gould.

Blocked punt results in a Cards td. Stopped at the goal line on 4th down and crap on 3rd down. And then finally the two big calls that killed us.

The first call i thought was borderline, the 2nd wasnt even close to unnecessary roughness in my biased opinion. Still, we wouldve won if our QB was accurate.

I tend to lay a lot of blame on the QB since they get all the credit when the offense looks good.

But yeah, if our receivers were better (healthy) im sure they wouldve gotten open more and Jimmy maybe completes 1 more 3rd down or scores in the red zone.

That said, i saw Bourne open multiple times and he didnt get the ball thrown his way and I saw Jimmy overthrow numerous receivers including a wide open touchdown (which also think it was Bourne) at the end.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:23 am

If Bill Bellicheck has them doing a bit of damage in the Playoffs this year, he should win coach of the year.

He completely changed that offense, through Josh McDaniel to fit with Newton.

I think Newton ran for more yards today (75), than Brady did all last year.

If they keep this up, Belli is a lock this season.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#26 » by HiRez » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:14 am

You look at the list of quarterbacks who won Super Bowls and it's reeeeally rare to find one that isn't or won't be in the Hall Of Fame. Jimmy G isn't the worst QB, but he's not HOF material. Even though I don't put all the blame on Garoppolo, we're probably not winning another until we get an upgrade at QB. As azwfan said, accuracy is super important and Jimmy G is all over the place, and that's when he's not getting sacked because he tried to make something happen instead of throwing the ball out of bounds. There *were* open receivers at times but they weren't hit (don't forget the Sanders overthrow which cost us a Super Bowl).
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#27 » by superunknown » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Jimmy G was lucky that hospital ball he threw at kittle didn't result in a season-ending injury.
That was the tip of the iceberg of an awful game by a QB who is not an added value but rather a minus sometimes.

Shanny needs to end once and for all his tendency to mess things up down the stretch. once again, running game inexplicably abandoned out of a sudden and some dumb playcalling in red zone and situations of 3&2.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#28 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:03 pm

The whole team showed a lack of polish. Pre-season is needed.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#29 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Arizona is a bad matchup for us as well. We struggle against all mobile qbs. Not alone with that problem either.

Not having wide receivers that garner attention shrinks the whole field inward.

And Hopkins might have been the best football move in the league. He’s ridiculously good and I think Mosely did an admirable job on him. Because Mosley tackles his azz as soon as he caught it most of the time. His coverage was fine, because he had to respect Deandre’s greatness.
Khoee wrote “
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#30 » by ClutchUp » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Hopefully Ayiuk is the real deal. It's clear Jimmy has very little to no trust in Pettis and I can't blame him.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Richard Sherman on IR for at least three weeks.

Ouch!!
Khoee wrote “
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#32 » by Little Digger » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:09 am

Rams have never looked better

Love those new uni’s..especially the helmets
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:55 am

Niners signed Sanu. Let’s hope that he has something left in the tank. He didn’t do much of anything for the Patriots, but he has history with Shanny and maybe he’s healthier than last season.

Bottom line is that he can’t be any worse than Pettis. Just dump Pettis now. Total waste of a roster spot.
Khoee wrote “
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Little Digger » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:53 am

Pettis must either be a phenomenal practice player or he knows where Shanahan buried a body.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Little Digger wrote:Pettis must either be a phenomenal practice player or he knows where Shanahan buried a body.

Guy can’t make a catch, but he’s the first one on the ground with Mostert pretending to paddle out on a surfboard during the TD celebration.

Last year the blue hair. Dudes mindset is just off.
Khoee wrote “
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#36 » by Onus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:46 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Pettis must either be a phenomenal practice player or he knows where Shanahan buried a body.

Guy can’t make a catch, but he’s the first one on the ground with Mostert pretending to paddle out on a surfboard during the TD celebration.

Last year the blue hair. Dudes mindset is just off.

Pettis got open Jimmy just doesn't like him for whatever reason. He never even looks at him

Read on Twitter
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Need to trade for Buckner
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#38 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Today:

Nick Bosa carter off with bad knee injury.

Saquon Barkley carried off with knee injury.

Parris Campbell carted off with knee injury.

Drew Lock in locker room with shoulder injury.

Man....
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:54 pm

It’s like a MASH unit out there today
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:58 pm

Little Digger wrote:Today:

Nick Bosa carter off with bad knee injury.

Saquon Barkley carried off with knee injury.

Parris Campbell carted off with knee injury.

Drew Lock in locker room with shoulder injury.

Man....

49ers

Bosa, Jimmy G., Thomas, Mostert....that’s just today.

Add Kittles, Sherman, Deebo, and what’s his face we got from KC
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors