ImageImageImageImageImage

Pascal We Love You

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mrsocko
Sixth Man
And1: 873

Pascal We Love You 

Post#1 » by mrsocko » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:29 am

Jordan failed 7 times as the main guy before he won a championship. Spicy will use this setback and improve. If you read this Pascal don’t let the cheap talk get you down. We know your work ethic and drive. We know U started basketball ball late and have had an incredible rise and that this is really the first bump in the road.

When the going got tough he didn’t sulk and was possibly our best defender The future is bright for the guy my wife calls Spicy Pete!!
Dick expectation level 0/5
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Re: Pascal We Love You 

Post#2 » by Chandan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:51 am

i liked his mentality to be honest. He knew what his job was, he knew he probably wasnt good enough to do it, and yet he kept trying knowing he would face the criticism. Really took it like a man and shouldered the loss. Thats what I want from a professional player.
Just hope his skill catches up.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#3 » by PT416 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:46 am

That's all true and fair. But I'm sure when stars fail on that level in such an extreme way, fans are allowed to hate them for a while until it wears off. And right now personally I don't hate him but I am disgusted by his performance. And next year when he bounces back I won't be anymore.
Jayt99
Rookie
And1: 1,552

Post#4 » by Jayt99 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:51 am

Jordan never failed as hard as Siakam wtf. Jordan takes this team to the finals easily.
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#5 » by Green Backpack » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:29 am

As much as it sucks Siakam failed hard this season, I think he'll be back next year. No, it's not fair to compare him to MJ in the same sentence so I don't think that's the right argument here.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Post#6 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Get those threes up this fall my guy!
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,592

Post#7 » by Ackshun » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Get those threes up this fall my guy!

And his handles. And half court shot IQ.

He'll get there
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,187

Post#8 » by Childs » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:36 pm

He' ill improve. He's done it the last couple of seasons. I just see him as the 2nd option on a team, and that's fine.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#9 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Please don't use the Jordan comparison/analogy.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
redraptor77
Sophomore
And1: 210

Post#10 » by redraptor77 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:31 pm

Pascal keeping working.
Without Pascal we don't win the Championship.
Without Pascal we don't get to be the third best record in the NBA this year.
Prior to the shut down he was having a darn good year. He was struggling for a bit but the last few games
before the initial shutdown he was turning it back around. Out of the last ten games he had 8 great games.
He had a rough spot during a very weird and crazy year. He has the natural talent. Remember he has only
been playing organized Ball for 8 years... think about that.
He might not be a Jordan - but we can count on one hand who even comes close to that discussion.
The team is all heart and grit. Siakam has the ability he just needs to get his rhythm back.
Fred will resign and then Ujiri will do his thing to get us back to the finals...
arneil
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#11 » by arneil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:39 pm

The problem comparing Pascal to Michael is that Michael came out with a bang and that bang stayed and went higher. Jordan was a complete killer and scoring machine.It was clear that Michael was going to be AT LEAST a superstar but his Bulls teams were **** until they started building around Michael. I dont see that same killer instinct in Pascal. Michael never played like **** during his climb to championship. Pascal is like up and down. Pascal has been playing doo doo since the bubble. I know its a different situation because of Covid but when was the last time Michael had a bad season? Even when Michael came out of retirement he didnt have that bad of a season. I dont think Pascal has that killer instinct that Michael has. Maybe it will come next season but after this bubble. I dont see it.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#12 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:59 pm

arneil wrote:The problem comparing Pascal to Michael is that Michael came out with a bang and that bang stayed and went higher. Jordan was a complete killer and scoring machine.It was clear that Michael was going to be AT LEAST a superstar but his Bulls teams were **** until they started building around Michael. I dont see that same killer instinct in Pascal. Michael never played like **** during his climb to championship. Pascal is like up and down. Pascal has been playing doo doo since the bubble. I know its a different situation because of Covid but when was the last time Michael had a bad season? Even when Michael came out of retirement he didnt have that bad of a season. I dont think Pascal has that killer instinct that Michael has. Maybe it will come next season but after this bubble. I dont see it.

Pascal was the 27th overall pick. If he had MJ's talent, drive, and confidence, there is no way he would have dropped to 27th.

Jordan was the 3rd overall pick.

Let's start comparing Pascal's growth curve to players picked 20 to 30.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#13 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 pm

The better comparison is Pippen, not Jordan in terms of the ideal role for Siakam.

Jordan is a once in a lifetime player. There isn't one player comparable to him.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,729

Post#14 » by Duffman100 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:12 pm

arneil wrote:The problem comparing Pascal to Michael is that Michael came out with a bang and that bang stayed and went higher. Jordan was a complete killer and scoring machine.It was clear that Michael was going to be AT LEAST a superstar but his Bulls teams were **** until they started building around Michael. I dont see that same killer instinct in Pascal. Michael never played like **** during his climb to championship. Pascal is like up and down. Pascal has been playing doo doo since the bubble. I know its a different situation because of Covid but when was the last time Michael had a bad season? Even when Michael came out of retirement he didnt have that bad of a season. I dont think Pascal has that killer instinct that Michael has. Maybe it will come next season but after this bubble. I dont see it.

The problem with comparing MJ and Pascal is that MJ was the 3rd overall pick and the greatest of all time.

Pascal is the 27th pick and already far exceeded his draft pick value.

I swear to god this title is turning out to be wasted on the most unappreciative group of fans. A 'found money' season where we go to the 2nd round, game 7, show incredible fight. Sure our young star player (who helped us win the title btw) bombed, but it was clear growing pains.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#15 » by Rapsalot » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:25 pm

I have posted this before so hopefully more will read here too. Not just Jordan, very maybe none can have instance playoff success. Now someone might say look at Magic J. Ok but he had a top 5 all time in Kareem and a few other good vets to guide him.
PS with KLaw and KLow amazing but when you take KLaw out and PS has to go from third best to first it will take more time. KLaw had Tim D and Tony P to bring him along. Even a great LeBron lost to Spurs, Lost to Boston, Lost to Dallas before winning.
The problem for PS is KLow is still more impactful now and both he, Serge and Marc age will not allow for PS to take few years to get there.
This is why I would really try for Brad Beal because of age and he should be hungry to make a climb.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,074

Post#16 » by Westside Gunn » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Pascal wouldnt have survived for a season in Jordans era. Please dont make that comparison again.

The problem is, PFs other than Dirk will never win you anything, and Pascal is too flawed to begin with. Awkward handles, no mid range, avoiding contact in the paint, no long range, and now with defenses all over him, a turnover machine.

I think he will stuff the stat sheet during the season, but going forward he should not be the guy leading your team.

Masai kind messed him up by paying him like a star, which will bring all kinds of expectations on the guy. Im willing to admit I was wrong like I was about Gasol, but I dont think he lives up to his contract.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,888

Post#17 » by ItsDanger » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:39 pm

People ignore the important part of starting basketball late, your fundamentals are therefore weaker. Its showing against the best competition where his physical tools aren't enough anymore.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,918

Post#18 » by Vorticity » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:20 pm

Those of us old enough to remember how Chris Bosh went through the same struggles are smiling now :)
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#19 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:24 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:Pascal wouldnt have survived for a season in Jordans era. Please dont make that comparison again.

The problem is, PFs other than Dirk will never win you anything, and Pascal is too flawed to begin with. Awkward handles, no mid range, avoiding contact in the paint, no long range, and now with defenses all over him, a turnover machine.

I think he will stuff the stat sheet during the season, but going forward he should not be the guy leading your team.

Masai kind messed him up by paying him like a star, which will bring all kinds of expectations on the guy. Im willing to admit I was wrong like I was about Gasol, but I dont think he lives up to his contract.
Paying him like a star means paying him like a top 3 player on a championship team, which he is.

He was always going to get a max deal. If it wasn't from Toronto, it would be from another team.

Championship teams have 2-3 max players and Siakam showed last year he can be a #2 guy on a championship team.

If only top 10 players got max deals, then he'd be overpaid, but that's obviously not the case.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,888

Post#20 » by ItsDanger » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:36 pm

Jose Bautista was once ranked the 27th worst player in MLB ever before the age of 27. Things turn around many times before.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.

Return to Toronto Raptors