?s=21

Eh idk I’ll see u a Bolmaro and raise you a Madar

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#1222 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:23 pm

Madar looks fun to watch, but he will need all of that to make it in the NBA - considering how small he is.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1223 » by emunney » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Ruzious wrote:Madar looks fun to watch, but he will need all of that to make it in the NBA - considering how small he is.

Have heard this from a few people and don't really get it. How is he small? He looks like George Hill.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1224 » by SirChurros » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:14 pm

I like Jahmius Ramsey a lot if he's there. Cassius Stanley in the first-round might be a reach, but I think he projects out to be a pretty solid 2-guard.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1225 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:33 pm

Stanley looked great in the handful of Duke games I saw this year. Will have to look into him more. I’d have thought he was a top 15 lock.
Do it for Chuck
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1226 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:41 pm

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Madar looks fun to watch, but he will need all of that to make it in the NBA - considering how small he is.

Have heard this from a few people and don't really get it. How is he small? He looks like George Hill.

Really? I could be wrong, but he looks shorter, skinnier, and weaker in the videos. Hill looks like he's put together in comparison.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1227 » by machu46 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Kevin O'Connor updated his mock again this morning.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/14/21435542/nba-mock-draft

1. MIN - Anthony Edwards
2. GS - Deni Avdija
3. CHA - LaMelo Ball
4. CHI - James Wiseman
5. CLE - Issac Okoro
6. ATL - Obi Toppin
7. DET - Killian Hayes
8. NYK - Patrick Williams
9. WAS - Onyeka Okongwu
10. PHX - Tyrese Haliburton
11. SA - Devin Vassell
12. SAC - Precious Achiuwa
13. NO - Jalen Smith
14. BOS - Aleksej Pokusevski
15. ORL - Cole Anthony
16. POR - Aaron Nesmith
17. MIN - Josh Green
18. DAL - Saddiq Bey
19. BKN - Desmond Bane
20. MIA - Kira Lewis
21. PHI - Tyrese Maxey
22. DEN - Jaden McDaniels
23. UTA - RJ Hampton
24. MIL - Tyrell Terry: Terry should be a top-10 pick because of his shooting and playmaking abilities, but most league sources pin his stock in the late first round since he’s undersized. He’s pretty light, but so were others guards we’ve seen excel in the playoffs when they were his age (he’ll be 20 next season), such as Dragic, CJ McCollum, and Kemba Walker. All of those players are now thriving in the 180- to 190-pound range. Terry also has more than enough talent to succeed.
25. OKC - Leandro Bolmaro
26. BOS - Tyler Bey
27. NYK - Isaiah Stewart
28. LAL - Theo Maledon
29. TOR - Killian Tillie
30. BOS - Nico Mannion

trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1228 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:58 pm

That looks like a very realistic draft to me - and excellent pick by the Bucks. Nice draft by Boston. I think GS trades out of #2 - that's too high to pick Avdija, imo - though he probably is a player they'd like to get.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1229 » by machu46 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:20 pm

Ruzious wrote:That looks like a very realistic draft to me - and excellent pick by the Bucks. Nice draft by Boston. I think GS trades out of #2 - that's too high to pick Avdija, imo - though he probably is a player they'd like to get.

I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about Terry but seems like potential for very high reward there if he develops well. I think I'd probably be happy with it.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#1230 » by tski1972 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 pm

I’d be alright with Terry, And it looks like Bane train has picked up some steam.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1231 » by LuessiT » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:38 pm

emunney wrote:

He's about 6'2 I think. Imo a lot of his game translates but his jumper makes or breaks him as a prospect.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#1232 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:56 pm

machu46 wrote:Kevin O'Connor updated his mock again this morning.
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

1. MIN - Anthony Edwards
2. GS - Deni Avdija
3. CHA - LaMelo Ball
4. CHI - James Wiseman
5. CLE - Issac Okoro
6. ATL - Obi Toppin
7. DET - Killian Hayes
9. WAS - Onyeka Okongwu
11. SA - Devin Vassell
13. NO - Jalen Smith
15. ORL - Cole Anthony
16. POR - Aaron Nesmith
17. MIN - Josh Green
18. DAL - Saddiq Bey
19. BKN - Desmond Bane
20. MIA - Kira Lewis
21. PHI - Tyrese Maxey
23. UTA - RJ Hampton
24. MIL - Tyrell Terry: Potentially a game-changing shooter with limitless range, but players his size historically have had limited potential. Shades of Mark Price, CJ McCollum, Jason Terry
26. BOS - Tyler Bey
27. NYK - Isaiah Stewart
28. LAL - Theo Maledon
29. TOR - Killian Tillie
30. BOS - Nico Mannion

Kira Lewis going to Miami would make me sad. Id love for him to fall to the Bucks but I think he has a better shot of sneaking into the late lottery than falling.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1233 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:36 pm

tski1972 wrote:I’d be alright with Terry, And it looks like Bane train has picked up some steam.

I really like Bane (feels like Eric Gordon with defense), but am coming around on Terry. Definitely has Curry/Trae Young tendencies.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1234 » by SirChurros » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Terry looks significantly slower than Young and Curry, and that he's not really able to create a ton for himself off the dribble. That's my only concern from the brief set of highlights I've watched of him.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1235 » by Fotis St » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 pm

My watch list Summary for #24

1) Vernor Carey
2) Jahmi'us Ramsey
3) Tyrell Terry
4) Desmond Bane
6) Jalen Smith (*edit)
7) Saddiq Bey (*edit)

Sam Merrill (he is expected to be undrafted) so he is my MUST Undrafted pickup.

I love Sam Merrill who is probably going to go Undrafted ...
same as Luke Kornet went , and was posting to pick him up.
His 3P shooting off the dribble, his pick n roll decision making and effectiveness,
his passing and in general his BBIQ is underrated. its like a Kennard is about to go undrafted.
I watched carefully, his shooting form, his stats, he is 89+ % FT shooter, you know I love FT%
its a sign of intelligence and mental toughness. And his 41% 3Pt with 7 attempts per game.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
machu46
General Manager

Post#1236 » by machu46 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:Terry looks significantly slower than Young and Curry, and that he's not really able to create a ton for himself off the dribble. That's my only concern from the brief set of highlights I've watched of him.

He is definitely significantly slower. He could conceivably end up a Trae Young level shooter though (I just don't feel comfortable projecting anyone as a GOAT shooter like Steph but Terry is certainly projects as a potentially elite shooter). Would certainly prefer if he were more athletic than he is, but he wouldn't be potentially available to us if that were the case either. I think he's probably got enough athleticism to make it work if he reaches his ceiling but there's certainly risk of him just being someone whose offensive contributions just don't outweigh being a mismatch on defense.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1237 » by soxperry » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
machu46 wrote:Kevin O'Connor updated his mock again this morning.
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

1. MIN - Anthony Edwards
2. GS - Deni Avdija
3. CHA - LaMelo Ball
4. CHI - James Wiseman
5. CLE - Issac Okoro
6. ATL - Obi Toppin
7. DET - Killian Hayes
9. WAS - Onyeka Okongwu
11. SA - Devin Vassell
13. NO - Jalen Smith
15. ORL - Cole Anthony
16. POR - Aaron Nesmith
17. MIN - Josh Green
18. DAL - Saddiq Bey
19. BKN - Desmond Bane
20. MIA - Kira Lewis
21. PHI - Tyrese Maxey
23. UTA - RJ Hampton
24. MIL - Tyrell Terry: Potentially a game-changing shooter with limitless range, but players his size historically have had limited potential. Shades of Mark Price, CJ McCollum, Jason Terry
26. BOS - Tyler Bey
27. NYK - Isaiah Stewart
28. LAL - Theo Maledon
29. TOR - Killian Tillie
30. BOS - Nico Mannion

Kira Lewis going to Miami would make me sad. Id love for him to fall to the Bucks but I think he has a better shot of sneaking into the late lottery than falling.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Form doesnt look nba ready. He can get that shot off in college but is it quick enough for the pros? Almost brogdonesque and we need more of a Beal and less of a Brogdon.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1238 » by emunney » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:46 pm

A couple years ago I spent some time just timing shot releases and was really surprised by how quick even slow pro releases were. Like Snell was actually really fast compared to almost every college guy I looked at. That said I'm pretty confident that at least off the catch, Terry's release is pretty quick, particularly for a college guy, and extra particularly for a freshman.

He looks like the kind of guy who could really shred in the PnR after he catches up to the game speed. I mentioned I'm going back through guys and I've been focusing on him a lot the past couple days. I think if there's a "Herro" in this draft, in terms of a young guy with pro feel and very high level skillset, it's him. I now think he goes well before we pick.

I think Stanford should have played him on ball a lot more, but I'm sure they figured it made more sense to split it up since a lot of teams faceguarded Terry off the ball and wouldn't dream of doing that with Davis.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1239 » by machu46 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm

emunney wrote:A couple years ago I spent some time just timing shot releases and was really surprised by how quick even slow pro releases were. Like Snell was actually really fast compared to almost every college guy I looked at. That said I'm pretty confident that at least off the catch, Terry's release is pretty quick, particularly for a college guy, and extra particularly for a freshman.

He looks like the kind of guy who could really shred in the PnR after he catches up to the game speed. I mentioned I'm going back through guys and I've been focusing on him a lot the past couple days. I think if there's a "Herro" in this draft, in terms of a young guy with pro feel and very high level skillset, it's him. I now think he goes well before we pick.

I think Stanford should have played him on ball a lot more, but I'm sure they figured it made more sense to split it up since a lot of teams faceguarded Terry off the ball and wouldn't dream of doing that with Davis.

I think his shot is plenty quick enough as well. And yeah, I too have thought he'd go earlier than our pick, and yet the informed people from DraftExpress project him as the 42nd pick in the draft right now. Weird.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1240 » by emunney » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:38 am

machu46 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:Terry looks significantly slower than Young and Curry, and that he's not really able to create a ton for himself off the dribble. That's my only concern from the brief set of highlights I've watched of him.

He is definitely significantly slower. He could conceivably end up a Trae Young level shooter though (I just don't feel comfortable projecting anyone as a GOAT shooter like Steph but Terry is certainly projects as a potentially elite shooter). Would certainly prefer if he were more athletic than he is, but he wouldn't be potentially available to us if that were the case either. I think he's probably got enough athleticism to make it work if he reaches his ceiling but there's certainly risk of him just being someone whose offensive contributions just don't outweigh being a mismatch on defense.

He's got an immature body. I think part of the perceived speed thing though is that those guys are fast with the ball because they're great ball handlers, not because they're track and field guys.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks