Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,669

Re: Tyrell Terry 

Post#41 » by SelfishPlayer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:18 pm

EvanZ wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
This is an NBA draft forum, the point remains, only Young was the special NBA prospect entering college and at age 19. Everything else is "Jimmer" babble.

Yeah, I'll say again, you're just wrong. Steph was special and if you are too young to have watched him play, I'm sorry for you.

He was so special that he had to return for for his junior season to prove that he could play point guard because his NBA stock was low as an undersized shooting guard. He had to do the same thing Charles Jones had to do years prior after averaging 30ppg as a junior for an inferior college program.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#42 » by doordoor123 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:29 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Hand size has a big correlation for developing a handle because it’s easier to control the ball when dribbling if your hands are huge.

What was this in response to?

General information
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#43 » by EvanZ » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:16 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
This is an NBA draft forum, the point remains, only Young was the special NBA prospect entering college and at age 19. Everything else is "Jimmer" babble.

Yeah, I'll say again, you're just wrong. Steph was special and if you are too young to have watched him play, I'm sorry for you.

He was so special that he had to return for for his junior season to prove that he could play point guard because his NBA stock was low as an undersized shooting guard. He had to do the same thing Charles Jones had to do years prior after averaging 30ppg as a junior for an inferior college program.

Oh right. Stephen Curry is Charles Jones. Got it. I will definitely be prioritizing your scouting reports. :lol:

Are you a jilted Knicks fan by any chance? :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Almond2Oak
Junior
And1: 317

Post#44 » by Almond2Oak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:25 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

He was special. He nearly knocked off the eventual National Champs which featured (4) 5* guard recruits in Super Mario, B-Rush, Chicago’s finest in Sherron & Russ-Rob... dude put up 25 points in that game. I was scared **** going into that game bc Curry was deadly and KU threw everything at the 150lb soaking wet “8th grader” and it was barely enough to slow him down.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#45 » by yosemiteben » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:28 pm

*comes in to learn about Tyrrell Terry*

*checks to see if clicked on correct thread*
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#46 » by EvanZ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:41 pm

yosemiteben wrote:*comes in to learn about Tyrrell Terry*

*checks to see if clicked on correct thread*

Original thread has more useful discussion imo.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1912563
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#47 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:02 pm

he's not his listed height. I don't think he's even much over 6' and he'll be the biggest defensive liability on every floor he steps on. All teams will do is post him up non-stop. He doesn't have any moves to get to the basket and is too small to finish at the NBA level. He'll be relegated to a backup role. Trae Young makes Terry look small. That's how small he is
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#48 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:39 pm

he's not his listed height. I don't think he's even much over 6' and he'll be the biggest defensive liability on every floor he steps on. All teams will do is post him up non-stop. He doesn't have any moves to get to the basket and is too small to finish at the NBA level. He'll be relegated to a backup role. Trae Young makes Terry look small. That's how small he is

There are reports that he has grown to 6'3 and put on weight up to nearly 180lbs. His measurements are more important to his stock than anyone in this draft IMO.

His game isnt getting to the rim so being too small to finish is not a huge red flag to me, at the same time people said Ja and Trae were too small and weak to finish and they are doing just fine.

Terry will at the very least be a elite bench shooter. His shot is just too good. Its NBA from the jump. Quick release, high release, excellent flick and follow through and he possesses the ability to make shots from all sorts of different starting points (Off the dribble, lean in shots after taking the ball downcourt, off balanced, around picks, etc). He is the special shooter people should be drooling over but somehow Nesmith is tricking the world.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#49 » by BostonCouchGM » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:01 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

There are reports that he has grown to 6'3 and put on weight up to nearly 180lbs. His measurements are more important to his stock than anyone in this draft IMO.

His game isnt getting to the rim so being too small to finish is not a huge red flag to me, at the same time people said Ja and Trae were too small and weak to finish and they are doing just fine.

Terry will at the very least be a elite bench shooter. His shot is just too good. Its NBA from the jump. Quick release, high release, excellent flick and follow through and he possesses the ability to make shots from all sorts of different starting points (Off the dribble, lean in shots after taking the ball downcourt, off balanced, around picks, etc). He is the special shooter people should be drooling over but somehow Nesmith is tricking the world.

I heard about the gaining weight but gaining an inch when you're 20 y/o? Sounds like agent talk. He really is a special shooter which is why he'll have a chance. I was dead wrong about Devonte' Graham making it in the NBA as anything more than a backup PG and he was on the all-star bubble he had such a great year. But he was an older prospect and sometimes guys put up numbers on bad teams simply because of usage so not sure it's to be duplicated. I think Terry has a chance to be better than Graham so I probably have to come around on him if he has indeed put on 20 lbs of muscle and gained an inch in height. If that's true it puts him in Trae Young territory for me but Terry is actually a very active team defender where Young is THE worst guard defender in the league. We'll find out soon once official measurements come out. If true, does he even fall to us at #17?
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#50 » by BadWolf » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 pm

That was a pretty big bubble.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#51 » by EvanZ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:01 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

I heard about the gaining weight but gaining an inch when you're 20 y/o? Sounds like agent talk. He really is a special shooter which is why he'll have a chance. I was dead wrong about Devonte' Graham making it in the NBA as anything more than a backup PG and he was on the all-star bubble he had such a great year. But he was an older prospect and sometimes guys put up numbers on bad teams simply because of usage so not sure it's to be duplicated. I think Terry has a chance to be better than Graham so I probably have to come around on him if he has indeed put on 20 lbs of muscle and gained an inch in height. If that's true it puts him in Trae Young territory for me but Terry is actually a very active team defender where Young is THE worst guard defender in the league. We'll find out soon once official measurements come out. If true, does he even fall to us at #17?

He's not "Trae Young territory". I love Tyrell but he's just not that. Trae is already on a HOF offensive trajectory.

Anyway, I had Trae #3 in 2018. I have Tyrell going late Lottery to mid-first.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#52 » by Stillwater » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:01 am

EvanZ wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

He's not "Trae Young territory". I love Tyrell but he's just not that. Trae is already on a HOF offensive trajectory.

wow people really need to pump the breaks on trae being a future HOF player when he hasnt won anything
and is already maxed out at his size not likely to ever improve defensively etc.
I mean 9 dimes a game in a losing effort mostly because he is giving up easy buckets makes his numbers neutral value.
terry aint the same playmaker and is smaller than Trae was at same age so I expect his defense to be just as bad but Terry is a much better shooter overall even though I doubt that will make up for his defense either
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#53 » by EvanZ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Stillwater wrote:wow people really need to pump the breaks on trae being a future HOF player when he hasnt won anything
and is already maxed out at his size not likely to ever improve defensively etc.

I mean the trajectory is obvious.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#54 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:37 pm

EvanZ wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

If Terry is in fact 6'2" or even 6'3" and up to 180 lbs, he's basically the same size as Trae. The only negatives I had about Terry was that I thought he looked tiny and not his listed height. Take away that negative and he's now among the top guys for me because he has swag/confidence, is a lights out 3 pt shooter, is crafty and can pass. Since he's a better defender than Trae, overall, imho, it makes him a comparable player to Trae since Trae is an elite passer with a better handle (at least thats' what I think but Terry could prove me wrong) so he has those advantages. If teams are scared about Haliburton's shot, and aren't confident about Mane because they don't have film on him, Terry should be in that top group with Ball and Hayes now, for G.M.s. Trae isn't making the HOF unless his team wins. Trading for Capela, the #6 pick, and the development of all the young guys on that roster, should help make them contenders.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#55 » by EvanZ » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:03 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:If Terry is in fact 6'2" or even 6'3" and up to 180 lbs, he's basically the same size as Trae. The only negatives I had about Terry was that I thought he looked tiny and not his listed height. Take away that negative and he's now among the top guys for me because he has swag/confidence, is a lights out 3 pt shooter, is crafty and can pass. Since he's a better defender than Trae, overall, imho, it makes him a comparable player to Trae since Trae is an elite passer with a better handle (at least thats' what I think but Terry could prove me wrong) so he has those advantages. If teams are scared about Haliburton's shot, and aren't confident about Mane because they don't have film on him, Terry should be in that top group with Ball and Hayes now, for G.M.s. Trae isn't making the HOF unless his team wins. Trading for Capela, the #6 pick, and the development of all the young guys on that roster, should help make them contenders.

You're treating gigantic differences like passing and ball handling as minor quibbles. :lol:

Trae doesn't just have a "better handle". You're saying that as if it's just slightly better. It's a huge difference. It's the difference between a guy who can create shots at will basically, and one who can't. You don't seem to understand that.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#56 » by Stillwater » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:39 am

EvanZ wrote:
Stillwater wrote:wow people really need to pump the breaks on trae being a future HOF player when he hasnt won anything

offense only players should not be in the HOF
Dundalis
Senior
And1: 543

Post#57 » by Dundalis » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Stillwater wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Say what? That's as ridiculous a comment as the fans that actually think that because defense is half the game, that an individuals defense is equally as valuable as their offense.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#58 » by Stillwater » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Dundalis wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Say what? That's as ridiculous a comment as the fans that actually think that because defense is half the game, that an individuals defense is equally as valuable as their offense.

its one thing to be a meh defender and an elite offense weapon, its another thing to be a net negative defender aka a turnstyle that gives up more points than you produce on the floor as an elite creator . Young is nowhere near HOF worthy at this juncture that is what is ridiculous.

Return to NBA Draft