ImageImageImageImageImage

Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps 

Post#241 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:27 am

esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:He's had the team hostage for 2 whole years now (something I was vehemently opposed to)...and he will until Summer 2021.
We're all just so happy to have him here that we don't care about it. We also didn't really envision a 2nd round exit either.

Guy had the keys to the franchise the moment he demanded out of SAS and had his people floating out that he wanted to come to our franchise.

Stupid Clippers (funny how that works, no matter how good of an FO you get, it's still stupid Clippers) didn't GAF that he already had interest in us. We still had to treat our franchise like a mom cleaning her house when company (Kawhi) was coming over.

Scouts at every game.
$50,000 tampering fines.
A whole 1st round L to the Worriers dedicated to this guy.

Just let him defecate down your throat already.

Yeah, at that point, when that guy says trade everything for Paul George or I aint coming.....you have no choice.

Buyer's remorse?

We know so little about this team (given how its come together...another bizarre reason to just be blindly confident), that I’m holding out for them to surprise me (us?) tomorrow and hold on and win.

But I can’t have remorse for a course of action I hated from the jump, every step of the way. I wanted Kawhi. I didn’t want him the way we pursued him.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

More of a Ceiling Raiser 

Post#242 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:43 am

Gonna add.

I never saw Kawhi as the ultimate floor raiser, in general. That idea doubles with the load management.

LeBron is a floor raiser.
Put 4 garbage cans around him and he’s gonna win 55 games and make the 2nd round, minimum.

I never saw Kawhi that way. At the time I said he was a top 5 player in the NBA.
I saw him as what the forum has called a “ceiling raiser” (a term i learned after all this went down).

And I think that rings true.
Toronto is fine without him in the regular season (another 2nd place finish). He’d probably have them back in the finals though.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#243 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:45 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I definitely have buyers' remorse. With all the assets we traded away for Kawhi, it's pretty inexcusable that he couldn't at least carry us to a win in Game 5 or 6 in spite of Doc's insanity. This whole thing wasn't worth it at all for another Lob City second-round exit.

I'm also not convinced he goes to the Lakers if we don't make the PG trade. I think he stays in Toronto.

Yes.

Kawhi does not want to ride LeBron’s wave. He wants to compete against LeBron.

Idc how much that rumor gets spread, he wasn’t signing with LAL.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: More of a Ceiling Raiser 

Post#244 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:46 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Gonna add.

I never saw Kawhi as the ultimate floor raiser, in general. That idea doubles with the load management.

LeBron is a floor raiser.
Put 4 garbage cans around him and he’s gonna win 55 games and make the 2nd round, minimum.

I never saw Kawhi that way. At the time I said he was a top 5 player in the NBA.
I saw him as what the forum has called a “ceiling raiser” (a term i learned after all this went down).

And I think that rings true.
Toronto is fine without him in the regular season (another 2nd place finish). He’d probably have them back in the finals though.

Good stuff. We might also question as to whether PG is either.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#245 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:50 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I definitely have buyers' remorse. With all the assets we traded away for Kawhi, it's pretty inexcusable that he couldn't at least carry us to a win in Game 5 or 6 in spite of Doc's insanity. This whole thing wasn't worth it at all for another Lob City second-round exit.

I'm also not convinced he goes to the Lakers if we don't make the PG trade. I think he stays in Toronto.
Ah yes. Now we're slandering our best player. Love it.

Please do not celebrate when we win. It's obvious you're rooting for a big fat L.

ToLd YoU sO!
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#246 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:02 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:

Please do not celebrate when we win. It's obvious you're rooting for a big fat L.

ToLd YoU sO!

With the addition of Kawhi now, that makes pretty much every single player on our roster getting slimed at one point or another. :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#247 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:31 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:

ToLd YoU sO!

Not slander, just facts. I root for the name on the front of the jersey first and foremost. Nobody gets by without blame for how this series has gone. I liked Kawhi long before he was a Clipper, but we didn't trade all those assets to have another Lob City-style embarrassment in the second round. That's just common sense.

This series has been unacceptable for the whole team. Well, it's unacceptable for everyone except homers like you, who will accept anything with a Clippers logo on it.

For the record, I won't be celebrating very hard if they somehow manage to win. This series should have been over already. I would have been celebrating like crazy if they had closed it out in either of the last two games, but the simple fact that it's gone to 7 at all is too embarrassing to deserve much praise.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#248 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:14 am

esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

ToLd YoU sO!

With the addition of Kawhi now, that makes pretty much every single player on our roster getting slimed at one point or another.
This is clearly all Steve Ballmers fault. If he hadn't bought the team, and DTS never did what he did, we'd still be a bottom feeder and wouldn't be worried about game 7s bc we wouldn't have even been invited to the bubble.

Fkn Ballmer.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#249 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:15 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

ToLd YoU sO!

Not slander, just facts. I root for the name on the front of the jersey first and foremost. Nobody gets by without blame for how this series has gone. I liked Kawhi long before he was a Clipper, but we didn't trade all those assets to have another Lob City-style embarrassment in the second round. That's just common sense.

This series has been unacceptable for the whole team. Well, it's unacceptable for everyone except homers like you, who will accept anything with a Clippers logo on it.

For the record, I won't be celebrating very hard if they somehow manage to win. This series should have been over already. I would have been celebrating like crazy if they had closed it out in either of the last two games, but the simple fact that it's gone to 7 at all is too embarrassing to deserve much praise.
Postseason isn't supposed to be a cakewalk, but ok.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#250 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:44 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Ah yes. Now we're slandering our best player. Love it.

ToLd YoU sO!

When you have the better team, a 3-1 series lead and a double-digit lead in Game 5, you're not supposed to go to Game 7. It's obvious that you'll just find excuses to dismiss anything bad that ever happens in the playoffs, but guess what, not everyone shares that loser mentality.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#251 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:47 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Not slander, just facts. I root for the name on the front of the jersey first and foremost. Nobody gets by without blame for how this series has gone. I liked Kawhi long before he was a Clipper, but we didn't trade all those assets to have another Lob City-style embarrassment in the second round. That's just common sense.

When you have the better team, a 3-1 series lead and a double-digit lead in Game 5, you're not supposed to go to Game 7. It's obvious that you'll just find excuses to dismiss anything bad that ever happens in the playoffs, but guess what, not everyone shares that loser mentality.
It sucks. It's not supposed to be easy. With the Clippers history, coupled with being a Minnesota Vikings fan, and having witnessed the Yankees blow a 3-0 lead to the Red Sox in 2004, I'm numb to anything bad that happens. Nothing surprises me.

That said, hopefully they figure it out tomorrow. Only one chance left. I have no beef with you, just think you're way too negative. We have a great team. Enjoy it.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#252 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:45 am

Kawhi-PG to OKC for all of our Draft Picks and Shai. Who says no?

Let's make a "favor" to our old Pal Cp3 with "best 2 way wings" he couldn't have a chance to play his entire carier.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#253 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:55 am

Yeah, the ole “shutup n quit whining, you’re getting a championship out of this” did not work.

In fact, we did not go any further than our franchise has ever been.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#254 » by MartinRiggs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 am

PG played better last season with broken shoulders. What was that... :(
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,122

Re: Clippers Acquire Paul George for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari & 4 1st Round Picks 

Post#255 » by Chandan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am

Clipp312s wrote:Omg!!!!

Amazing!!! Im speechless!!! PG and Kawhi! Never in my wildest dream!

We did lose Shai which im sad about, but ill get over it. PG And Kawhi?????!?

Wow!

WOW!!
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#256 » by Raptaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Yea this trade i think will haunt the franchise for years , especially if both leave in 2021.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,088

The Lottery Apocalypse 

Post#257 » by Wammy Giveaway » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 pm

By the Clippers trading a record seven picks (for all intents and purposes, swaps are considered trades in that they are surrendered to the team they traded with should certain conditions be met), they are now in danger of entering what I'd like to call The Lottery Apocalypse.

If Leonard and George leave next year, the Clippers will have zero picks. Their rebuild will have to come exclusively from their G-League affiliate the Agua Caliente Clippers and from the undrafted. Any vets they pick up will have to be for the minimum, and that's if they even get guaranteed. The regular season would shift from being a tank team to a G-League showcase. The Clippers would end up becoming a farm franchise, showcasing their players in regular season games with the hope that a team will come calling for one of their players in exchange for draft picks. Every team in the league will see through the Clipper's desperate attempt to get back into contention, and they're gonna see to it they stay out of the playoffs forever.

Without draft picks, the Clippers are in grave danger of having a second double-digit playoff drought.
Tomhomes33
Rookie
And1: 795

Post#258 » by Tomhomes33 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 pm

I respect Kawhi’s desire to play close to home and everything he did for the Raptors. His jersey should be retired in Raptors arena one day.
With that being said lets not forget that He demanded from Masai Ujiri to trade For PG which would actually mean trade of Raps future by trading in bunch of young promising guys such as:Siakam OG, FVV and numerous picks.
Masai said no to that
Balmer said yes
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#259 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 pm

Tomhomes33 wrote:I respect Kawhi’s desire to play close to home and everything he did for the Raptors. His jersey should be retired in Raptors arena one day.
With that being said lets not forget that He demanded from Masai Ujiri to trade For PG which would actually mean trade of Raps future by trading in bunch of young promising guys such as:Siakam OG, FVV and numerous picks.
Masai said no to that
Balmer said yes

Those guys play hard and with great spirit.

Another star will want to join them at some point and they will get back to the finals.
They've got a great thing going on over there.

And I'm not second guessing that.
I first guessed that saying Kawhi is: a) probably gonna re-sign there; and b) should re-sign there if he's smart and wants to win.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Re: The Lottery Apocalypse 

Post#260 » by maternal85 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:10 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:By the Clippers trading a record seven picks (for all intents and purposes, swaps are considered trades in that they are surrendered to the team they traded with should certain conditions be met), they are now in danger of entering what I'd like to call The Lottery Apocalypse.

If Leonard and George leave next year, the Clippers will have zero picks. Their rebuild will have to come exclusively from their G-League affiliate the Agua Caliente Clippers and from the undrafted. Any vets they pick up will have to be for the minimum, and that's if they even get guaranteed. The regular season would shift from being a tank team to a G-League showcase. The Clippers would end up becoming a farm franchise, showcasing their players in regular season games with the hope that a team will come calling for one of their players in exchange for draft picks. Every team in the league will see through the Clipper's desperate attempt to get back into contention, and they're gonna see to it they stay out of the playoffs forever.

Without draft picks, the Clippers are in grave danger of having a second double-digit playoff drought.

This is why you never let a player become GM as well. I don't care how good they are. If you're going to let them play GM, at least lock them up for 5 plus years. Everything for KL2 wasn't worth it. That's why the Raptors basically said re-sign or just leave. We'll rebuild while being competitive.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers