ImageImageImageImageImage

Where do you rank Steve Kerr as a coach?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Where do you rank Steve Kerr as a coach? 

Post#21 » by Mylie10 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Never gets old
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#22 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:17 pm

floppymoose wrote:I have Kerr and Rivers at the top. Just don't let Rivers GM :lol:

There is a reason Iggy and KD came to GS and George and Kawhi to LAC.

I think Doc is the most overrated coach in the game.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Mylie10 wrote:My hope is that when Kerr eventually retires we can hire Nash. And Nash will end up being the scapegoat for the Nets at some point and Kyrie will want him out. KD will play middle man and Nash will be the good guy and step aside. That’s where we come in.

I would like Nash and Shaka Smart as 2nd in command.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#24 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:15 am

1. Pops
2. Kerr
3. Spoelstra
4. Carlisle
5. Nurse

Obviously, my bias is towards Warriors. BTW I'm not a Stevens nor Snyder fan so wouldn't want either, but Stevens doing better this year. It might be his best year ever.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#25 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:17 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:My hope is that when Kerr eventually retires we can hire Nash. And Nash will end up being the scapegoat for the Nets at some point and Kyrie will want him out. KD will play middle man and Nash will be the good guy and step aside. That’s where we come in.

I would like Nash and Shaka Smart as 2nd in command.

Maybe Nash will bring KD back to the Bay after a couple of years of frustration with Kyrie and DAJ.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#26 » by superunknown » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:20 am

definitely higher than doc rivers.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#27 » by jamesnamida » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Above average coach and very lucky to be coaching curry and klay. ( not so much draymond Hahahah, he would drive every coach insane, but then make those heart plays and make you love him).
His motion offense system is great and all but only works this well bc we have klay and curry- goat shooters.
The improvement from mark Jackson is a also because of our 3 guys getting better- got into their prime- plus less David lee and more draymond (again only bc lee was injureD, but at least Kerr didn’t go back to Lee).

One of the biggest gripes I have with him is his failure to adjust in a series. Remember the iggy move In 2015 was someone else’s suggestion.
He adheres to motion offense too much even when the other team ( say 2016 cavs) is grabbing off ball.
Sometimes you have to play the pick and roll more, and have the ball in your best players hands- curry.
In 2015 curry only lit it up in the 4 quarters because he took the ball into his own hands for the Pick and roll/ 1 on 1. Ran him around too many screens in 16, especially when the cavs planned for it and held him( refs can’t call it every possession). This resulted in a lesser player shooting the ball. Same in 2019, they forced green and iggy to shoot when curry couldn’t get open running around screens.

Motion offense works better in the regular season bc teams aren’t holding/ trying to keep up as much and refs are calling holds more. Mix it up more in the post season- Durant was sort of right about this topic.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#28 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:03 am

I think his strength is leaning on the right guys...coaching without ego. He determines how Warriors are supposed to play and continusouly guides the Warriors in that direction WHILE nurturing confidence and players sense of importance.

He's Pop's without the Sargent's mentality. Perfect coach for this age of players.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#29 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 am

BTW...Nelly way overrated when you consider how **** he was with players....picking on certain guys....dogging Webber out of GState. He had a heck of a talent Bucks team....and while with the Warriors never really gave a crap about defense. And yes...the warriors under him COULD have played much better defense. If he wanted the Warriors to win that way he could have helped build the team with that in mind. Good coach...but nothing like like Pop or Pat.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#30 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:15 am

I would love to see Steph in pick and roll a bit more than we have recently.

I also think that Steph and Paschall could be a nice pick and roll pick and pop duo because Paschall can draw fouls. And he’s a decent free throw shooter and has a nice midrange. Those two could do some damage.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:33 am

Mylie10 wrote:I would love to see Steph in pick and roll a bit more than we have recently.

I also think that Steph and Paschall could be a nice pick and roll pick and pop duo because Paschall can draw fouls. And he’s a decent free throw shooter and has a nice midrange. Those two could do some damage.

Years ago Kerr said he doesn't like the pnr because it hurts the energy of the team and stops the motion. KD and Curry were by far the deadliest pnr duo in the NBA and he avoided it like the plague.

The problem of course is the playoffs when a team can game to stop the weaker offensive players, then the pnr was key to keeping the offense going.

Return to Golden State Warriors