ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#401 » by Clemenza » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 am

Where's the game 7 thread at? We got this tomorrow!
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#402 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I get the sense that Kawhi doesn’t have good chemistry with Harrell. I think they need to let Harrell walk this off season and let Zubac develop more. It seems like the clippers played better without Harrell earlier in the bubble

Zubac has taken another step forward since the restart and is now a legit 25+ mpg NBA center. Trezz was killing it right before the break in March but I just ran across these tweets from a few days ago:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I've been saying he's a basket case emotionally since his grandmother's death but MAN, I had no idea... :sad:

His emotions are understandable but a lot of his issues are things that showed signs of during the regular season. You saw the numbers that the team had issues closing against starting quality guys using Harrell if it was close. Kawhi’s numbers were down and net ratings were poor he’s just not big enough.

Look at all the teams in the west we will have to battle with long term and they all have size and even GSW will have more size next year

Trezz EARNED every minute Doc gave him up until the break in March. NOBODY wants a 6'7" center. And Doc probably gave Zu a few more minutes than he earned to develop him as an NBA center. The Lakers treated him like dogshhit and gave him away for nothing.

Doc's faith in both PAID OFF. He's a players' coach. Trezz became 6MOY and now Zu is a true NBA starting center.

There's no BUT about Trezz's mental state. Doc has given him every chance to return to form because WE NEED HIM and won't beat the Lakers without him. J-Myke is inconsistent garbage and Zu can't play 40 minutes. But as we see, Trezz is probably clinically depressed.

Read on Twitter

You know, sometimes there's no way out. I'm not going to tell you that maybe some other coach couldn't have somehow done better. Found some way out. But I think NOT ONE Clipper is gonna blame Doc for this meltdown, and even if he is to blame, he did the right thing.

The BLM, the team culture, Lou and the tittybar, Trezz's emotional breakdown.

Just calling it as I see it. For better or worse, winning the title is clearly NOT the most important thing to this Clippers squad, and that includes the owner and the coach too. And maybe they're right. They all get paid regardless.

You know, I learn something every day. For LeBron this is now or never. For the rest of the NBA, the 2020-21 season starts in a little over 3 months. A do-over.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#403 » by MartinRiggs » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 am

If Trez is not feeling good,put Noah in. I am sure he could get 6 points,some rebounds and play some defense.

Maybe Trez would bounce back vs the Lakers but we won't know if we are sent packing today...
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#404 » by NickP » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:57 pm

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Zubac has taken another step forward since the restart and is now a legit 25+ mpg NBA center. Trezz was killing it right before the break in March but I just ran across these tweets from a few days ago:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I've been saying he's a basket case emotionally since his grandmother's death but MAN, I had no idea... :sad:

His emotions are understandable but a lot of his issues are things that showed signs of during the regular season. You saw the numbers that the team had issues closing against starting quality guys using Harrell if it was close. Kawhi’s numbers were down and net ratings were poor he’s just not big enough.

Look at all the teams in the west we will have to battle with long term and they all have size and even GSW will have more size next year

Trezz EARNED every minute Doc gave him up until the break in March. NOBODY wants a 6'7" center. And Doc probably gave Zu a few more minutes than he earned to develop him as an NBA center. The Lakers treated him like dogshhit and gave him away for nothing.

Doc's faith in both PAID OFF. He's a players' coach. Trezz became 6MOY and now Zu is a true NBA starting center.

There's no BUT about Trezz's mental state. Doc has given him every chance to return to form because WE NEED HIM and won't beat the Lakers without him. J-Myke is inconsistent garbage and Zu can't play 40 minutes. But as we see, Trezz is probably clinically depressed.

Read on Twitter

You know, sometimes there's no way out. I'm not going to tell you that maybe some other coach couldn't have somehow done better. Found some way out. But I think NOT ONE Clipper is gonna blame Doc for this meltdown, and even if he is to blame, he did the right thing.

Just calling it as I see it. For better or worse, winning the title is clearly NOT the most important thing to this Clippers squad, and that includes the owner and the coach too. And maybe they're right. They all get paid regardless.

You know, I learn something every day. For LeBron this is now or never. For the rest of the NBA, the 2020-21 season starts in a little over 3 months. A do-over.

Come on bro. JMyke is inconsistent garbage? He's given us that timely bucket over and over. All of a sudden his ass is stapled to the bench with Trez back and he gets a few minutes here and there. WTF is he supposed to give you? Play him consistently for 18 plus a game. He's a rhythm player. Good defender and has a good 3 point shot.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#405 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:59 pm

NickP wrote:Come on bro. JMyke is inconsistent garbage?

Esqtvd is only saying that because Doc keeps playing Trez instead of JMyke and he feels the need to defend everything Doc ever does. He'll make toxic comments about any player who's in Doc's doghouse, then still have the audacity to accuse others of "douchebagging players" and "hating their own team." It's blatant trolling at this point and he should be banned for it.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#406 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:28 pm

J-Myke was also delivered huge performance in last years Playoff matchup vs. Warriors. He was the small ball 5 we needed but discovered late.

If someone are inconsistent garbages on the team we know who they are, Lou williams-Landry Shamet, Marcus Morris and Someone's darling Trezz.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#407 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:33 pm

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Read on Twitter

Come on bro. JMyke is inconsistent garbage? He's given us that timely bucket over and over. All of a sudden his ass is stapled to the bench with Trez back and he gets a few minutes here and there. WTF is he supposed to give you? Play him consistently for 18 plus a game. He's a rhythm player. Good defender and has a good 3 point shot.

Yes, when he shows up, which is about every other game. So now JaMychal is the savior? Well, I hope so now.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#408 » by NickP » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:07 pm

esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yes, when he shows up, which is about every other game. So now JaMychal is the savior? Well, I hope so now.

He shows up every other game which would be how Doc calls his number. And that's about 75% better than Trez. :)
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#409 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:31 pm

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:

He shows up every other game which would be how Doc calls his number. And that's about 75% better than Trez. :)

The problem with J-Myke is not suckage, it's that he just disappears for long stretches.

As for Trezz--already stipulated that he's a basket case. Already postulated Doc has been trying to get him going because we probably can't win the title without him. Already agreed that in Game 7, that's a bad idea. Throw something--anything--at the wall and hope it sticks. J-Myke? Sure, why not.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#410 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:33 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:

Esqtvd is only saying that because Doc keeps playing Trez instead of JMyke and he feels the need to defend everything Doc ever does. He'll make toxic comments about any player who's in Doc's doghouse, then still have the audacity to accuse others of "douchebagging players" and "hating their own team." It's blatant trolling at this point and he should be banned for it.

You have no standing to call for anyone's banning. You know nothing about basketball and you are not one of us.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#411 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 pm

DieHardFan wrote:J-Myke was also delivered huge performance in last years Playoff matchup vs. Warriors. He was the small ball 5 we needed but discovered late.

If someone are inconsistent garbages on the team we know who they are, Lou williams-Landry Shamet, Marcus Morris and Someone's darling Trezz.

And don't forget Pat Bev, who was our 3rd-highest salary until we traded for Marcus and who's gotten a big pass around here. Add in all the dogging and mocking of "Playoff P" and that's 2/3 of our rotation. :wink:
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#412 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:40 pm

esqtvd wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:J-Myke was also delivered huge performance in last years Playoff matchup vs. Warriors. He was the small ball 5 we needed but discovered late.

And don't forget Pat Bev, who was our 3rd-highest salary until we traded for Marcus and who's gotten a big pass around here. Add in all the dogging and mocking of "Playoff P" and that's 2/3 of our rotation. :wink:

Beverley is always injured or recovering from injury. It seems like this makes him a step slow and rusty with his jumper
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#413 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 pm

i'm pretty over patrick beverley's over-aggressive bulldog, foulout defense. this team needs a real starter at point guard so he can stick to the bench, where IMO he's a million times better off.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#414 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:17 pm

he has been quietly very solid for us and this guy needs to absorb every minute that montrez harrell is getting.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#415 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 pm

esqtvd wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

You have no standing to call for anyone's banning. You know nothing about basketball and you are not one of us.

You are a troll. You derail every game thread with the same tired shtick and then project it onto others. Those are the facts.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#416 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:39 pm

nickhx2 wrote:

he has been quietly very solid for us and this guy needs to absorb every minute that montrez harrell is getting.

At this point, sure. But it was reasonable to try to get Trezz's 28 pg/18 ppg back on track. Meanwhile, hardly anyone else has done much either. We're running out of scapegoats.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#417 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Beverley is always injured or recovering from injury. It seems like this makes him a step slow and rusty with his jumper

All true. He missed almost all of 2017-18 and was crap until the about the all-star break in 2018-19. Plus he's not a true PG and at 6'0" is best D-ing up on the ball, not in a straight-up man-to-man or switching. Plus he makes $12M a year, 4th behind KL PG, and Marcus. Not great value there for us. :(

When your overachiever is underachieving, Danger Will Robinson.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#418 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers