Potential sleepers

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,217

Re: Potential sleepers 

Post#1921 » by EvanZ » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Catchall wrote:Maybe he's a bench player, but it seems he can be at least as good as Markieff Morris. The main question with Perry is his defense.

Yep, Marcus or Markieff has been my comp for him basically.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,711

Post#1922 » by eminence » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Looking at ESPN's board:

Merrill - Best shooter in the draft for my money, there's a spot in the league for him even if he's old. That's better than 62.

Reed - Looks like a pretty prototypical modern 4 imo, like him a lot higher than 51.

Terry - I don't like him relative to some on this board, but higher than 42 for sure.

Tillman - Way higher than 40, sure thing rotation guy imo.

Winston - 30 isn't toooo bad, but I'd still like him more around 15-20, great great feel for the game.
I bought a boat.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#1923 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Looking at ESPN's board:

Merrill - Best shooter in the draft for my money, there's a spot in the league for him even if he's old. That's better than 62.

Reed - Looks like a pretty prototypical modern 4 imo, like him a lot higher than 51.

Terry - I don't like him relative to some on this board, but higher than 42 for sure.

Tillman - Way higher than 40, sure thing rotation guy imo.

Winston - 30 isn't toooo bad, but I'd still like him more around 15-20, great great feel for the game.

With you on all these but I am very hesitant to endorse Winston. His shot is really scary, that release is pretty low for a guy so short. Not sure he can get it off at the next level. And his athleticism is pretty poor.

Merrill seems like a telegraphed steal. A guy who will be limited, but will have enough offensive skill to carve out a bench role. He has flashes where he looks like a poor mans SG version of Luka, but I think his real role in the league will be a shooter who has a nice pass from time to time. I really like his form, pretty high release and quick enough to get it off against better athletes IMO. I think he is around 28-32 on my board with an outside chance a team takes a Grayson flyer on him in the early 20's.

Similarly with Tillman, another guy who is getting underrated because he is older. I think he is at least a bit like Kyle O'Quinn and to me thats his floor. Smart, competitive, deceptively athletic. He is a great fit as a high post passer too. I dont like him as a starter, but he could be a great backup C.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#1924 » by getrichordie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:14 am

How can you be a prototypical modern 4 when you have low feel on offense and a bad shooting form?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#1925 » by Catchall » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:42 am

matt6715 wrote:Tyrell Terry could be the next CJ McCollum IMO

CJ is much better at getting separation off the dribble though.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,711

Post#1926 » by eminence » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:57 pm

getrichordie wrote:How can you be a prototypical modern 4 when you have low feel on offense and a bad shooting form?

Sounds exactly like the prototypical 4 to me.
I bought a boat.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1927 » by Stillwater » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:13 pm

getrichordie wrote:How can you be a prototypical modern 4 when you have low feel on offense and a bad shooting form?

Right nobody is likely modeling their game to have a lack feel on offense or meh shooting chops esp if they are planning on becoming a typical modern starter level 4 which posesses both those skills or is at least adept at one or the other...esp if they want to be more than a end of rotation player but I think in some cases like Reed the defense alone is so good on paper that if it transfers he earns minutes on a roster with a lot of offensive action from the other starters.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to NBA Draft