Image ImageImage Image

OT Bears 2019/20 season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Re: OT Bears 2019/20 season 

Post#41 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:26 am

fleet wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:Trubisky did not play well until the 4th. Despite two throws, I thought Trubisky were pretty mediocre on the day. His leash should still be short against the Giants.

Good or bad I disagree that his lease should be short. The staff needs to take any limiters off so the team can know undoubtedly if he can lead this team to the playoffs.

Dont you believe Nagy wants to show off his extensive playlist? If Mitch is limited on offense, there must be a reason

I don’t agree increases in his workload helps him execute. I think less, and more predetermined is how you use hin. Ever notice that it seems like he is just along for the ride on offense? Just another guy performing a role rather than leading and directing outcomes. A guy looking around after plays rather than calling out situations and problems. No instructions for others. Being a leader is not a tool in his toolbox imo, would not go trying to find that aspect, especially by giving a slow thinker too many options to consider.

I don’t necessarily think more of a work load means better execution but if we stay basic all season, defense will have a very easy time figuring out how to stop the offense. If our entire offense is limited to the point were we can’t win games then he needs to be benched. If Nagy runs an offense the let’s Mitch go 20/30 for 210 yards and 1-2 a game that’s not enough to win. Maybe he’ll execute in a limited offense but if his success doesn’t lead to team success we need to put Foles in
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#42 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:27 am

Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

He got held a couple times too
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Re: OT Bears 2019/20 season and beyond 

Post#43 » by dougthonus » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:15 am

dice wrote:i'm not discounting your perspective, but i thought that the 4 biggest plays of the game were pretty obvious:

1) easy game winning catch dropped
2) interception dropped with open field ahead
3) decision to kick FG/miss
4) bears recovering trubisky's fumble in the open field. if the lions scoop it it's probably a TD

Yeah, but those aren't the key plays if the Bears make the plays I mentioned earlier, because they're now up by 2 TDs. I agree they are the key plays due to the situation. The Bears misses are irrelevant because they won, and people always look at late mistakes as more important.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#44 » by MalagaBulls » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:03 pm

Ruh roh, trouble brewing with ARob?

Read on Twitter

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#45 » by MalagaBulls » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Read on Twitter

CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#46 » by CjayC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 pm

I'd like to sign A-Rob. I think he's closer to Top 10, than a Top 5 WR though. The cap is going down so he may just be a casualty unfortunately. Jahns mentioned Trubisky targeted 11 different players, so committee approach could be possible. On the other hand, what if A-Rob is drawing attention and allows these other guys to break open easier? IDK I haven't studied the film, but it's frustrating that as soon as we find a replacement for Jeffery, we move on in the blink of an eye.

If we sign him IDK how that shakes with Roquan's contract either, but we definitely need him too, especially with how old & slow Trevathan looked last week. I probably let Miller and anyone else walk, especially if Mooney continues his ascension.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#47 » by PaKii94 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:51 pm

How tf does arob need to be paid again? I thought we just got him
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#48 » by transplant » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:52 pm

PaKii94 wrote:How tf does arob need to be paid again? I thought we just got him

I believe Robinson is a FA after this season. This is his 3rd year with the Bears.

If Robinson and his agent are reasonable, they and the Bears should get an extension done. Robinson is a top-10 receiver and by all accounts, a high character guy/great teammate. Twitter stuff could indicate that there are some bad feelings between the parties. Both sides need to get past this and do a deal. Robinson's important to the Bears future.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,756

Post#49 » by Jeffster81 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Ruh roh, trouble brewing with ARob?

Read on Twitter

Nothing serious imo. He wants to stay, the Bears want (and probably NEED) him to stay, something will get done. This is ARob being frustrated at the pace of negotiation and he's trying to light a fire under Pace's behind to get something done. Something will get done.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#50 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 am

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#51 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 am

This kid has IT. Wow.

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#52 » by dice » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:17 am

Chi town wrote:This kid has IT. Wow.

if he's close to as good as their last draft pick from tulane, the bears will take it
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Post#53 » by fleet » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 am

what happened to Riley Ridley? Does not bode well if this kid is taking the snaps.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#54 » by dougthonus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:26 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I don’t necessarily think more of a work load means better execution but if we stay basic all season, defense will have a very easy time figuring out how to stop the offense. If our entire offense is limited to the point were we can’t win games then he needs to be benched. If Nagy runs an offense the let’s Mitch go 20/30 for 210 yards and 1-2 a game that’s not enough to win. Maybe he’ll execute in a limited offense but if his success doesn’t lead to team success we need to put Foles in

I don't think it is about how many yards or TDs, it's about controlling mistakes, and moving the chains. If Mitch (or Foles) averaged 210 yards a game and 1.5 TDs but also averages less than .5 turnovers then that might be sufficient for a team that should be built around its defense.

We don't have the makings of a great running game or a great receiver cast, so I don't think we're going to have an above average offense regardless of whom is at the helm.
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#55 » by dougthonus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:Nothing serious imo. He wants to stay, the Bears want (and probably NEED) him to stay, something will get done. This is ARob being frustrated at the pace of negotiation and he's trying to light a fire under Pace's behind to get something done. Something will get done.

He's coming off what I thought was a crap game 1. He had multiple opportunities to make big plays on tough (but catchable) passes and missed all of them. It sure as hell wasn't a #1 WR game for him. Of course, he should do whatever is best for him regardless, but I shake my head a bit when someone starts negotiating with me after just disappointing me.
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by dougthonus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:45 pm

He signed a 3 year deal, this is his final season.

I'd entertain trading him if the return is good, but otherwise would let him play out this season. The Bears are likely in for some serious retooling after this year if things don't work out. No need to go long term on someone like Robinson now with so much up in the air.

Doubt Pace would trade Robinson given that he'll likely be out of a job next season if the Bears struggle this year. He needs Robinson now.

Hopefully he's not pressured into giving this guy a stupid contract given that he has 2 good seasons in his career, and they aren't the most recent 2.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Ben Wilson25
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#57 » by Ben Wilson25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Nothing serious imo. He wants to stay, the Bears want (and probably NEED) him to stay, something will get done. This is ARob being frustrated at the pace of negotiation and he's trying to light a fire under Pace's behind to get something done. Something will get done.

There was an article in the Trib today saying that he asked to be traded.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#58 » by nomorezorro » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 pm

i'm too lazy to look this up, but iirc he denied asking for a trade and the actual content of the tribune article was more along the lines of "he asked about the possibility of a trade" in the context of that happening during stalled extension negotiations

right now, i'm less worried about it being a burnt bridges situation and more worried that pace might just be unwilling to pay robinson what he's worth
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#59 » by Susan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm

dougthonus wrote:

He signed a 3 year deal, this is his final season.

I'd entertain trading him if the return is good, but otherwise would let him play out this season. The Bears are likely in for some serious retooling after this year if things don't work out. No need to go long term on someone like Robinson now with so much up in the air.

Doubt Pace would trade Robinson given that he'll likely be out of a job next season if the Bears struggle this year. He needs Robinson now.

Hopefully he's not pressured into giving this guy a stupid contract given that he has 2 good seasons in his career, and they aren't the most recent 2.

lol, what? 98 catches, 1150 yards and 7 TDs last year is easily his second best season. Our first year he was coming off of a torn ACL and he's played with Mitch and Blake Bortles as his QBs. Dude's a stud and he's 100% worth extending considering his talent level, age and his maturity level.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#60 » by Susan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 pm

Ben Wilson25 wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

Read on Twitter

There was an article in the Trib today saying that he asked to be traded.

He denied it and Schefter reported it as false.

Return to Chicago Bulls