ImageImageImageImageImage

Pascal We Love You

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,489

Re: Pascal We Love You 

Post#41 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:44 pm

gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
I agree that after last season, there would have been multiple teams ready to sign him to a max deal but let's say Masai waited to sign him to the extension. Do you think any teams would sign him to the max right now?

I'm a bit skeptical after how he looked in the playoffs.

Unless AD opted out, he would've been the most desirable FA available this offseason and he'd get maxed out on day 1.

I don't think it's as clear cut as you make it out to be after these playoffs. Ingram would be in that conversation as well.

Why would these playoffs count more than the year he was the 2nd option on a championship team?

I think most people realize he isnt a #1 option superstar, but you don't have to be one to get a max deal.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,138

Post#42 » by gp2015 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:50 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Unless AD opted out, he would've been the most desirable FA available this offseason and he'd get maxed out on day 1.

I don't think it's as clear cut as you make it out to be after these playoffs. Ingram would be in that conversation as well.

Why would these playoffs count more than the year he was the 2nd option on a championship team?

I think most people realize he isnt a #1 option superstar, but you don't have to be one to get a max deal.

Because you can see clear weaknesses in his game now.

He can't create is own shot, he can't hit 3s consistently, he can't finish at the rim and it looks like has has a confidence issue now with all the turnovers. He has regressed as a player.

If I were a GM, I would think twice on whether I could invest all that money in him, especially when I will need to find another superstar level player to pair him with.

After last season, it was looking like he could possibly a #1b-2 option type player but he's not even close to that right now. He doesn't even look like a second option right now.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#43 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:01 pm

gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

He can't create is own shot, he can't hit 3s consistently, he can't finish at the rim and it looks like has has a confidence issue now with all the turnovers. He has regressed as a player.

If I were a GM, I would think twice on whether I could invest all that money in him, especially when I will need to find another superstar level player to pair him with.

After last season, it was looking like he could possibly a #1b-2 option type player but he's not even close to that right now. He doesn't even look like a second option right now.
He regressed as a player? What?

On the season he averaged 23 PPG on 45% from the field and 36% from 3. He will likely be 3rd team all-NBA.

He was poor in the bubble offensively, but most teams look at a players body of work, not a 20 game stretch.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#44 » by Westside Gunn » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:07 pm

^The decline started after the groin injury pre bubble.

I have no doubt he can put up those numbers again, but good chance we will be a 6th to 8th seed, probably even miss the playoffs if Siakam turns into Nurse's Bargnani.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
gp2015
RealGM

Post#45 » by gp2015 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

On the season he averaged 23 PPG on 45% from the field and 36% from 3. He will likely be 3rd team all-NBA.

He was poor in the bubble offensively, but most teams look at a players body of work, not a 20 game stretch.

He had a very good start to the season but his performances have been getting steadily worse as the season progressed.

For a max contract, I would have to have a high degree of confidence that the player I'm signing will have the capability of being a second option on a championship caliber team (at the very least).

I can't say I have that confidence in Pascal right now after watching his performance in the bubble and in the playoffs. I did after last season but not right now.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#46 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:23 pm

gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

He had a very good start to the season but his performances have been getting steadily worse as the season progressed.

For a max contract, I would have to have a high degree of confidence that the player I'm signing will have the capability of being a second option on a championship caliber team (at the very least).

I can't say I have that confidence in Pascal right now after watching his performance in the bubble and in the playoffs. I did after last season but not right now.

He proved he could be a 2nd option on a championship team just last year.

He proved he wasnt ready to be a #1 yet.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#47 » by gp2015 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:28 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:He regressed as a player? What?

Well also, teams were not ready for him last year but they were more prepared for him this year.

We'll see if Pascal can make the proper adjustments next season.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#48 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:38 pm

gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

Well also, teams were not ready for him last year but they were more prepared for him this year.

We'll see if Pascal can make the proper adjustments next season.
There's a huge adjustment going from a #2 to a #1. Siakam may never become a #1 and that's okay. Even if all he becomes is a 2nd or 3rd scoring option who provides elite defense, that's a valuable player who will earn a lot of money over his career.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#49 » by ropjhk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:09 pm

He deserves another chance to prove himself next season. I don't think he prepared himself well during the pandemic break. Let's see how he develops this offseason. He'll have plenty of footage from the bubble to study and learn where he needs to focus his training.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#50 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
arneil wrote:The problem comparing Pascal to Michael is that Michael came out with a bang and that bang stayed and went higher. Jordan was a complete killer and scoring machine.It was clear that Michael was going to be AT LEAST a superstar but his Bulls teams were **** until they started building around Michael. I dont see that same killer instinct in Pascal. Michael never played like **** during his climb to championship. Pascal is like up and down. Pascal has been playing doo doo since the bubble. I know its a different situation because of Covid but when was the last time Michael had a bad season? Even when Michael came out of retirement he didnt have that bad of a season. I dont think Pascal has that killer instinct that Michael has. Maybe it will come next season but after this bubble. I dont see it.

The problem with comparing MJ and Pascal is that MJ was the 3rd overall pick and the greatest of all time.

Pascal is the 27th pick and already far exceeded his draft pick value.

I swear to god this title is turning out to be wasted on the most unappreciative group of fans. A 'found money' season where we go to the 2nd round, game 7, show incredible fight. Sure our young star player (who helped us win the title btw) bombed, but it was clear growing pains.

What bugs me the most is those who believe he should carry this team. A 27th pick carrying the team? This is a team, not a superstar and a bunch of nobodies. In fact, I love this team because it isn't a superstar and a bunch of nobodies.

In fact I do not like going with a 7 1/2 man rotation in the playoffs. I'd like to see more players out there and less pressure on the main guys to perform.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#51 » by FreshyFlames » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:53 pm

redraptor77 wrote:Pascal keeping working.
Without Pascal we don't win the Championship.
Without Pascal we don't get to be the third best record in the NBA this year.
Prior to the shut down he was having a darn good year. He was struggling for a bit but the last few games
before the initial shutdown he was turning it back around. Out of the last ten games he had 8 great games.
He had a rough spot during a very weird and crazy year. He has the natural talent. Remember he has only
been playing organized Ball for 8 years... think about that.
He might not be a Jordan - but we can count on one hand who even comes close to that discussion.
The team is all heart and grit. Siakam has the ability he just needs to get his rhythm back.
Fred will resign and then Ujiri will do his thing to get us back to the finals...

Why does regular season record even matter? The team with the best record and the 3rd best record are out in the 2nd round.
Raps in 6ix
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#52 » by deeps6x » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 am

Jayt99 wrote:Jordan never failed as hard as Siakam wtf. Jordan takes this team to the finals easily.

Third year Jordan?
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,373

Post#53 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:11 am

Pascal needs to hit the gym and shoot 3s all summer. And not skip the following off-season. You don't get the luxury of skipping off-seasons as a fourth year player. Once your shot becomes automatic later in your career, go ahead, but not this early.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#54 » by Inevitable » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:17 am

Such a loser mindset as a fan to unconditionally ‘love’ a multi millionaire athlete that is single handily responsible for the team we follow losing.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#55 » by will » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:21 am

Mad love for PSizzle. 4th year in the League, and he is already the main guy on the Raps. 27th overall pick, son. How many of y'all even heard of PSizzle when he was drafted? Haaaaahhh (No French Montana...I'm catering to the young crowd).

Kids, stop pocket watching the man. What he makes...ain't anyone's business let along a damn realgm forum. The Raptors and PSizzle agreed to the contract. He's getting paid and fickle 'fans' ain't!

Where PSizzle has come from being purely a run & jump guy to this expanded repertoire in less than 4 NBA seasons is wild.

Puting mad respek on the PSizzle's name, Gotdammit!
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#56 » by will » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:23 am

deeps6x wrote:
Jayt99 wrote:Jordan never failed as hard as Siakam wtf. Jordan takes this team to the finals easily.

Third year Jordan?

Third year Jordan teaming up with one year Mike James to win it all.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#57 » by gp2015 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:24 am

FreshyFlames wrote:
Prior to the shut down he was having a darn good year. He was struggling for a bit but the last few games
before the initial shutdown he was turning it back around. Out of the last ten games he had 8 great games.
He had a rough spot during a very weird and crazy year. He has the natural talent. Remember he has only
He might not be a Jordan - but we can count on one hand who even comes close to that discussion.
The team is all heart and grit. Siakam has the ability he just needs to get his rhythm back.
Fred will resign and then Ujiri will do his thing to get us back to the finals...

Why does regular season record even matter? The team with the best record and the 3rd best record are out in the 2nd round.

First and second. That tells you how much it matters.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#58 » by bon » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 am

Inevitable wrote:Such a loser mindset as a fan to unconditionally ‘love’ a multi millionaire athlete that is single handily responsible for the team we follow losing.

Single handily? Right like Fred and Gasol didn't shoot like trash this series too.

It's not a winning mindset to trash on a guy for one bad run especially when he's been nothing but good for the franchise since he was drafted. Winners focus on improvements to be made.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#59 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:18 pm

FreshyFlames wrote:

In a normal year, that extra date in front of your own fans is huge.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Drop Shot
RealGM
And1: 91,916

Post#60 » by Drop Shot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 am

Inevitable wrote:Such a loser mindset as a fan to unconditionally ‘love’ a multi millionaire athlete that is single handily responsible for the team we follow losing.

Hope the wife and kids are doing well Nev

S/O to Bruno for the Sig and Avi

Return to Toronto Raptors