ImageImageImageImageImage

SDot hired as Director of yada yada...

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

SDot hired as Director of yada yada... 

Post#1 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:46 am

I love this org! How many retired players have come back in some capacity in the FO now? They come back because they love the org and the org brings them back because they know how valuable a family atmosphere is.

GSW is the premiere organization in all of professional sports.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Re: SDot hired as Director of yada yada... 

Post#2 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 am

Crazy, when the Barbosa news first came out I immediately thought of Livingston. Lol.
#DubNation
MintFresh
Junior
And1: 195

Post#3 » by MintFresh » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:58 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:Crazy, when the Barbosa news first came out I immediately thought of Livingston. Lol.

I thought of player coach Andre first but he's still an active player and in the playoffs :D
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#4 » by Little Digger » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:01 am

Warriors owners are all crushing it with their tech stocks...they can afford to hire EVERYBODY and they can afford to take full advantage of financially struggling franchises ..

"The Autumn Wind is a warrior.
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a gold and blue hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.
He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn Wind is a Warrior,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won."
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#5 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:45 am

Andre would be a great coach and I suspect he's got an open offer from Lacob, but he's got to finish his career first.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#6 » by Impuniti » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:30 am

Andre needs to come with the minimum next year to help Warriors win their 4th chip. Super happy for Captain Barbosa though, that's a great get!
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#7 » by clyde21 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:32 am

love this, showing some loyalty to our former players, this is how it should be done. players talk and this is really attractive to future FAs.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#8 » by xdrta+ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 am

Impuniti wrote:Andre needs to come with the minimum next year to help Warriors win their 4th chip. Super happy for Captain Barbosa though, that's a great get!

Andre's got a guaranteed $15M from Miami next year, he's not going anywhere.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,787

Post#9 » by floppymoose » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 am

Today I learned that Mike Dunleavy Jr is also in the FO. I feel like those two are reverse super twins. If they hug it out there will be a devastating explosion.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#10 » by Frozzy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 am

Crazy to think that Zaza, Livingston, and Barbosa are now a part of the front office... Those championships still feel like they were yesterday.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#11 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:29 pm

floppymoose wrote:Today I learned that Nike Dunleavy Jr is also in the FO. I feel like those two are reverse super twins. If they hug it out there will be a devastating explosion.

One of our recent draft picks was because of Dunleavy Jr.'s scouting. I forgot if it's Paschall or Poole (or a rookie from a previous year) but I remember reading something about it last year.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#12 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Haven't read Andre's book yet, but if he waited about 5 more years I could see another section about how he retired from playing and now is back in the Bay Area as an executive or on a coaching staff while also continuing tech on the side.
#DubNation
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#13 » by Mav_Carter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:05 pm

The Warriors have a huge nepotism and diversity problem in the front office and are trying to hire former black players to mask the issue...and the idiot fans are eating it up...Kirk and Kent have no business running an NBA team...
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Little Digger » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:The Warriors have a huge nepotism and diversity problem in the front office and are trying to hire former black players to mask the issue...and the idiot fans are eating it up...Kirk and Kent have no business running an NBA team...

My nominee for post of September! You nailed it perfectly..and yes I ate it up like a good lemming should.

Do I have a 2nd?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#15 » by WarriorGM » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:The Warriors have a huge nepotism and diversity problem in the front office and are trying to hire former black players to mask the issue...and the idiot fans are eating it up...Kirk and Kent have no business running an NBA team...

I don't understand the nepotism issue unless it's for a public office or a public corporation where the executive power wielded is higher than what would be commensurate with the ownership stake. I think anyone who owns a business would understand.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore

Post#16 » by Mav_Carter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:00 pm

Here's the list of the top basketball ops people within the Warriors org...Bob Myers, Kirk Lacob, Kent Lacob, Larry Harris, Mike Dunleavy Jr, Johnny West and Nick U'ren...and the 2 top people in the org are Joe Lacob and Rick Welts...notice a pattern?
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Little Digger » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:Here's the list of the top basketball ops people within the Warriors...Bob Myers, Kirk Lacob, Kent Lacob, Larry Harris, Mike Dunleavy Jr, Johnny West and Nick U'ren...and the 2 top people in the org are Joe Lacob and Rick Welts...notice a pattern?
you know you stole this take from You Dumb Bastards on WW
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#18 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:13 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:Here's the list of the top basketball ops people within the Warriors...Bob Myers, Kirk Lacob, Kent Lacob, Larry Harris, Mike Dunleavy Jr, Johnny West and Nick U'ren...and the 2 top people in the org are Joe Lacob and Rick Welts...notice a pattern?

"Nick U'Ren, who was the brains behind starting Andre Iguodala in Game 4 of the NBA Finals, compiles the playlist that the Warriors blare during practices, alternating Aerosmith and Drake."

Your point is that no 30-something year old white man should be compiling the practice playlist. Trying to slip Aerosmith in alongside Drake is obscene! This org is a joke, amiright?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore

Post#19 » by Mav_Carter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

"Nick U'Ren, who was the brains behind starting Andre Iguodala in Game 4 of the NBA Finals, compiles the playlist that the Warriors blare during practices, alternating Aerosmith and Drake."

Your point is that no 30-something year old white man should be compiling the practice playlist. Trying to slip Aerosmith in alongside Drake is obscene! This org is a joke, amiright?

Multiple things can be true at the same time...
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#20 » by xdrta+ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

Multiple things can be true at the same time...

Don't think much of the Warriors, do you? As I recall you proclaimed Kerr to be a "huge phony," though I don't recall any reasons why.

Return to Golden State Warriors