ImageImageImageImageImage

TD- All Rookie 2nd team.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,600

Re: TD- All Rookie 2nd team. 

Post#21 » by C_Money » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Didnt realize Eric Pashcall was that good lol.

I’ve never even heard of the guy lol.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#22 » by UneducatedFan86 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Well deserved. The guy played his butt off and it showed. Probably one of the biggest surprises of the entire season.

It makes no sense he didn't get a little more burn in the playoffs. We could have used his off-ball movement and shooting. He might not be ready to handle the ball too much in crunch time but he could have knocked down a few 3s.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,620

Post#23 » by Psubs » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Didnt realize Eric Pashcall was that good lol.

He's not. I mean he's alright but not a good defender. PJ Washington averages almost 1 block and 1 steal per game.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#24 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 pm

Raps dont even need draft picks to get the best rookies every year.
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#25 » by _MidNight_ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:54 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Raps dont even need draft picks to get the best rookies every year.

The problem I personally have with this is, if MLSE see Masai does this well without picks why not let him buy more first rounders?
If there's ever a year to buy multiple picks this is the one.
This is consider to be a weak draft in the middle of a pandemic, teams could sleep on a lot of great players.

Give me Theo Maledon, give me Jaden McDaniels and our future center
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#26 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 am

_MidNight_ wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Raps dont even need draft picks to get the best rookies every year.

The problem I personally have with this is, if MLSE see Masai does this well without picks why not let him buy more first rounders?
This is consider to be a weak draft in the middle of a pandemic, teams could sleep on a lot of great players.

I agree - this is the year to buy picks. Our books are going to get pretty heavy in the not so distant future. Getting cheap quality guys now is going to go a long way to building us back into contenders.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#27 » by douggood » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 am

_MidNight_ wrote:

buying picks is a thing of the past now

trades now are trading 2 future 2nd rounders for a 2nd rounder this year etc.

detroit sold the 30th pick last year for 4 second round picks.
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#28 » by _MidNight_ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:43 am

douggood wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:

Buy trade or steal, I'm gonna need this team to walk away from this draft with 3 or 4 prospects.
This is the year this franchise should be all over this draft class in my opinion.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#29 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 am

_MidNight_ wrote:
douggood wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:

Buy trade or steal, I'm gonna need this team to walk away from this draft with 3 or 4 prospects.
This is the year this franchise should be all over this draft class in my opinion.

The problem with first round picks, especially late ones, is that the contracts are guaranteed for two years - i.e. until 2022. If Giannis doesn't accept his supermax extension, Raps need to maximize 2021 cap space. I see us getting rid of this years first rounder, or trading it for multiple second round picks a la the Pistons. Or packaging it with Norm for an interesting one year deal (ideally a 2017 draftee like OG who hasn't been extended yet, so he'll be an RFA . Josh Hart?
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#30 » by hsb » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 am

Much respect to TDII. He played great and cant wait to see what he'll bring next season.

Also, great selection in Brandon Clarke. He has all the tools to exceed in the current NBA.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,418

Post#31 » by aminiaturebuddha » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 am

Tor_Raps wrote:Surprised Barrett didn't make either team. I know he wasn't good but thought he was good enough to still be on there.

Barrett's efficiency stats were terrible, but more than anything, this is a perfect example of what it means that the Raptors are now a respected organization. 10 years ago, Davis would have been completely overlooked.
raptoradical
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#32 » by raptoradical » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:29 am

Inevitable wrote:Magic Johnson meets Kawhi meets Giannis.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#33 » by Parataxis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 pm

redeye514 wrote:I am genuinely surprised by this. I didn’t think TD2 played enough minutes to be in the running here. Congrats TD2! Masai with another one...

He played the 15th most minutes of any rookie this year.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Post#34 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Surprised Barrett didn't make either team. I know he wasn't good but thought he was good enough to still be on there.

He had the PPG to normally make it in, but his shooting %'s were truly just that awful they couldn't be ignored. His TS% was 48 or some nonsense.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#35 » by gerrit4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm

That's great for him. Aside from the whole mask thing, I think he seems like a great kid. I'd love to lock him up for years to come - I think he's got the tools to be a very good player. Maybe not an All-star, but a good player like Norm, Fred, etc.

That said, he does have the physical tools and shooting ability to become an all-star.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,253

Post#36 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm

gerrit4 wrote:That's great for him. Aside from the whole mask thing, I think he seems like a great kid. I'd love to lock him up for years to come - I think he's got the tools to be a very good player. Maybe not an All-star, but a good player like Norm, Fred, etc.

That said, he does have the physical tools and shooting ability to become an all-star.

I want to see TD go inside more. Towards the end of the season, TD just floated around the 3 point line. He has the strength and length to play more in the paint. Maybe show him some tapes of Demar and how he used his footwork to post up on opponents.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#37 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 pm

The only drafted players with more win shares than him were Clarke, Hayes and Morant.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#38 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:07 pm

TD is already 23 and lacks maturity. This draft class ended up being weak in terms of top end talent. Masai had Lu Dort waiting for him at 59, but picked Dewan Hernandez. Another blunder by him to be honest. A guy like him could have legitimately swung that Celtics series.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Post#39 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:09 pm

"to be honest"
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#40 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:TD is already 23 and lacks maturity. This draft class ended up being weak in terms of top end talent. Masai had Lu Dort waiting for him at 59, but picked Dewan Hernandez. Another blunder by him to be honest. A guy like him could have legitimately swung that Celtics series.

How mature was Kyle Lowry at 23?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"

Return to Toronto Raptors