ImageImageImageImageImage

SDot hired as Director of yada yada...

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Re: SDot hired as Director of yada yada... 

Post#21 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Pretty sure there’s nepotism in about 90% of large companies. As an employee you either use it as an excuse for why you can’t move up (e.g. blaming circumstances and other people for your failures,) or you step up and showcase why you’re best at what you do to get the position you want.
#DubNation
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#22 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:12 pm

Warriors World needs to reopen
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#23 » by Samurai » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:Here's the list of the top basketball ops people within the Warriors org...Bob Myers, Kirk Lacob, Kent Lacob, Larry Harris, Mike Dunleavy Jr, Johnny West and Nick U'ren...and the 2 top people in the org are Joe Lacob and Rick Welts...notice a pattern?

And don't forget David Kelley as their Chief Legal Officer. He was the capologist who was able to swing the KD deal and make the numbers and legal loopholes work. Obviously not that it matters, but Kelley is clearly an African-American. And CFO Jennifer Cabalquinto may be the only Filipina female working in that capacity for an NBA team. And that doesn't include Nanea McGuigan as their Director of Basketball Administration; she is considered by insiders as one of the ten most integral people in the franchise. Pabail Nidhu is the Director of Basketball Analytics and Innovation; every team needs their resident data nerd!
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#24 » by Mav_Carter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:25 pm

Samurai wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:Here's the list of the top basketball ops people within the Warriors org...Bob Myers, Kirk Lacob, Kent Lacob, Larry Harris, Mike Dunleavy Jr, Johnny West and Nick U'ren...and the 2 top people in the org are Joe Lacob and Rick Welts...notice a pattern?

And don't forget David Kelley as their Chief Legal Officer. He was the capologist who was able to swing the KD deal and make the numbers and legal loopholes work. Obviously not that it matters, but Kelley is clearly an African-American. And CFO Jennifer Cabalquinto may be the only Filipina female working in that capacity for an NBA team. And that doesn't include Nanea McGuigan as their Director of Basketball Administration; she is considered by insiders as one of the ten most integral people in the franchise. Pabail Nidhu is the Director of Basketball Analytics and Innovation; every team needs their resident data nerd!

all the bean counters are minorities while all the people making basketball decisions are white...
Mav_Carter
Sophomore

Post#25 » by Mav_Carter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:Pretty sure there’s nepotism in about 90% of large companies. As an employee you either use it as an excuse for why you can’t move up (e.g. blaming circumstances and other people for your failures,) or you step up and showcase why you’re best at what you do to get the position you want.

Kirk Lacob is clearly qualified to be the assistant GM for one of the top teams in the NBA...
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,269

Post#26 » by CS707 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Closing the loop on those below market contracts.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,269

Post#27 » by CS707 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:16 pm

Mav_Carter wrote: the 2 top people in the org are Joe Lacob and Rick Welts...notice a pattern?

50% of our top staff is gay? Practically begging for a diversity award there.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore

Post#28 » by Mav_Carter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:26 pm

I was able to find this on Kirk
Lacob is active in local basketball leagues and on occasion plays at San Quentin State Penitentiary.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#29 » by xdrta+ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:I was able to find this on Kirk
Lacob is active in local basketball leagues and on occasion plays at San Quentin State Penitentiary.

Is that a bad thing?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#30 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:03 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:The Warriors have a huge nepotism and diversity problem in the front office and are trying to hire former black players to mask the issue...and the idiot fans are eating it up...Kirk and Kent have no business running an NBA team...

My nominee for post of September! You nailed it perfectly..and yes I ate it up like a good lemming should.

Do I have a 2nd?

He actually said Kirk is the GM.

Can we get rid of this tool?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#31 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:I was able to find this on Kirk

Lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#32 » by Little Digger » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:44 pm

Clark Kent Lacob
Director, Team Development at Golden State
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:51 pm

Little Digger wrote:Clark Kent Lacob
Director, Team Development at Santa Cruz

FIXED
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#34 » by Little Digger » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

FIXED

Not FIXED on his social media accounts
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#35 » by Phase 3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Yeah. Lacob’s kids being high-up in basketball Ops is bad. I’ve consistently said that from the beginning. Nepotism sucks.

And I really like Joe as an owner....The good news is that Joe has such a massive ego that he’ll pay top dollar for guys like Myers and Kerr to be in the organization. They just have to agree to babysit Joe’s kids as part of the job :)
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#36 » by Phase 3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

FIXED

I’m pretty sure Kent got promoted from Santa Cruz to the big club within the past year or so.

According to Marcus Thompson, the top tier of Warriors basketball operations consists of Bob Myers, Kirk Lacob, Larry Harris, and Mike Dunleavy.

The next tier in basketball ops consists of Kent Lacob, Jonnie West, Nick U'Ren and Pabail Sidhu.

So 2 of Lacob’s kids make up their top 8 basketball ops people fwiw.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 am

Phase 3 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

FIXED

I’m pretty sure Kent got promoted from Santa Cruz to the big club within the past year or so.

According to Marcus Thompson, the top tier of Warriors basketball operations consists of Bob Myers, Kirk Lacob, Larry Harris, and Mike Dunleavy.

The next tier in basketball ops consists of Kent Lacob, Jonnie West, Nick U'Ren and Pabail Sidhu.

So 2 of Lacob’s kids make up their top 8 basketball ops people fwiw.

I was joking
Khoee wrote “
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#38 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:51 am

Nepotism is incredibly common and not necessarily bad. I've had most bosses ask if I knew someone for a job, if I do and recommend them and they get the job that's nepotism. When former players get jobs with the team they used to play for that can be nepotism. People hiring people they know and like is normal. The issue isn't how they get the job so much as is they earn the promotions.

We wouldn't necessarily get the truth, but people have been saying very positive things about both Lacob kids.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#39 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 pm

In an interview a while back I heard Iguodala praising Kirk for all the work he does for the club. But I guess some randos on the internet know better. Cmon now, there probably isn't a single person on here that even knows what he does for the team. We all know the entire basis for the Kirk and Kent hate is they're rich kids.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#40 » by Samurai » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:
Samurai wrote:

all the bean counters are minorities while all the people making basketball decisions are white...

I was under the impression that basketball analytics was used to help make basketball decisions. I didn't realize it was used in the counting of beans; learn something new (or not) every day.

Return to Golden State Warriors