Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#101 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:33 am

I’m not interested in any of the Americans who are not wings from FSU

Any prospects with African names I’m interested in
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#102 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 am

ESPN Sources: NBA has locked in November 18th for the 2020 Draft. Date had been tentative.

-Woj-
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#103 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:45 am

Ok Ok Ok. Edwards is back on top my board. Wiseman is still 2nd, Bane is 3rd. You just cannot ignore elite shot making, if yo have the chance to get someone, you do not pass up on it. I have said this before. All of you want defensive wings, better shot making always triumphs good defense. All the perimeter defense Clippers had didn't mean ****. The had many people on the floor that cannot make shots. It's a make or miss league
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#104 » by TB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:01 am

ShayDee wrote:Ok Ok Ok. Edwards is back on top my board. Wiseman is still 2nd, Bane is 3rd. You just cannot ignore elite shot making, if yo have the chance to get someone, you do not pass up on it. I have said this before. All of you want defensive wings, better shot making always triumphs good defense. All the perimeter defense Clippers had didn't mean ****. The had many people on the floor that cannot make shots. It's a make or miss league

Any concerns on Bane foot speed at next level?

I did notice some defensive clips in various scouting videos that he definitely gets caught heavy footed on defense. I like everything else about his game though.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#105 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 am

TB wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Ok Ok Ok. Edwards is back on top my board. Wiseman is still 2nd, Bane is 3rd. You just cannot ignore elite shot making, if yo have the chance to get someone, you do not pass up on it. I have said this before. All of you want defensive wings, better shot making always triumphs good defense. All the perimeter defense Clippers had didn't mean ****. The had many people on the floor that cannot make shots. It's a make or miss league

I did notice some defensive clips in various scouting videos that he definitely gets caught heavy footed on defense. I like everything else about his game though.
He also has
Tyrannosaurus rex arms
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#106 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:12 am

When engaged Edwards can play D. The question there is is he a selfish lazy idiot, because if he's not then he should be the pick to me ... IF they can't trade down for good value.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#107 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:29 am

Little Digger wrote:
TB wrote:

He also has
Tyrannosaurus rex arms

What does it matter. Tyler Herro has Trex arms and he is not a defensive genius and he is playing clutch time minutes for the Heat while making high IQ passes and hitting shots. Steph Curry has a negative Wingspan yet that has not derailed his carrier. When you see a highly skilled high IQ player that is above average defensively you cannot pass them up, geez guys. And he is better than Herro defensively

Jokic has slow foot speed and He is bad defensively, he still plays clutch time minutes, he is the best center in the league, Ahead of athletic marbles and defensive savants AD and Embiid. Why? Because he is extremely intelligent and very good offensively and extremely skilled. All this talent evaluations that people miss out. THIS is the reason Luka dropped to 3, Steph dropped to 7, Klay dropped to 11, Draymond dropped to 35. Jokic dropped to 41. Even though this might be a stupid take, Giannis is all athletic as hell, 2 tim eMVP, DPoy, guards 1-5, very agile, know what he lacks? Pure skill, cannot make shots, gets bounced out 2nd round, same with Bledsoe on his team, no skill, can't make shots, useless in the playoffs.

Because people ignore pure skill and intelligence. When they have athletic deficiencies, he is slow, he cannot jump, short arms, ohhhh he is not good enough, red flag, pass him up. Like Wtf? What does it matter when he is making the right plays and hitting shots.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#108 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 am

This post is ridiculous.

Kawhi Leonard is one of the best perimeter defenders. He also missed a ton of shots in Game 7 but is otherwise known as an elite shot maker. Are defense and offense incompatible?

I've honed in on Patrick Williams because the guy is a gifted offensive player and a instinctive defensive player and prioritizes defense. He also shot 84% from the line which is historically an excellent indicator of shooting ability.

Sure, Bane's nice but I want a great two way player early in the draft. You do understand two way players are possible, right?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mambomuziki
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#109 » by Mambomuziki » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:19 am

I just don't see Edwards as a winning player. Was listening to Rick Barry the other day and they had this Lady who said that Ant-Man will not fit into GSW lockerroom.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#110 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

By 28 years old, Edwards will be 313lbs and staring for Lions of the Ukraine pro league.

Mark it
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#111 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

This post is ridiculous.

Kawhi Leonard is one of the best perimeter defenders. He also missed a ton of shots in Game 7 but is otherwise known as an elite shot maker. Are defense and offense incompatible?

I've honed in on Patrick Williams because the guy is a gifted offensive player and a instinctive defensive player and prioritizes defense. He also shot 84% from the line which is historically an excellent indicator of shooting ability.

Sure, Bane's nice but I want a great two way player early in the draft. You do understand two way players are possible, right?

I should have clarified. They should find a way to get Bane, that does not mean they should take him in the lottery. The lottery pick should be for players projected there. Also Patrick Williams is more of a 4 or small ball 5 than a 3 and he is extremely raw. As is Wiseman
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#112 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Mambomuziki wrote:
I just don't see Edwards as a winning player. Was listening to Rick Barry the other day and they had this Lady who said that Ant-Man will not fit into GSW lockerroom.

I know Edwards is not a winning player. I have been on record saying this numerous times(you can go back and read some of my posts) but if we are staying at top 3, it has to be between Edwards and Wiseman, no exceptions. Actually I believe both him and Ball are bad players for the team. That's why I have been on Wiseman at 2 for this team, but everyone here apparently does not like me saying it
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#113 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:52 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Mambomuziki wrote:

I know Edwards is not a winning player. I have been on record saying this numerous times(you can go back and read some of my posts) but if we are staying at top 3, it has to be between Edwards and Wiseman, no exceptions. Actually I believe both him and Ball are bad players for the team. That's why I have been on Wiseman at 2 for this team, but everyone here apparently does not like me saying it

Not everyone. If it were up to me I'd keep the #2 and take Wiseman. If he somehow goes #1 I don't really like anybody that much, have a trade-down deal ready for someone who is dying to get Ball or Edwards.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#114 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 pm

And still ... the top 3 names on this draft board have a long list of questions. We won't get answers for years.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#115 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 pm

I tell you one thing, Jokic just made all the rest of the full sized centers millions and millions
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#116 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 pm

Little Digger wrote:I tell you one thing, Jokic just made all the rest of the full sized centers millions and millions

Specifically skilled High IQ ones. It is just a rare specimen of a player that is 7ft to be able to dribble, pass and shoot. Even if his defense is terrible
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#117 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Denver selecting Jokic was the greatest value pick of all time
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#118 » by TB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Little Digger wrote:I tell you one thing, Jokic just made all the rest of the full sized centers millions and millions

Specifically skilled High IQ ones. It is just a rare specimen of a player that is 7ft to be able to dribble, pass and shoot. Even if his defense is terrible

If only this draft had a 7 footer who can dribble, pass and shoot. :)
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#119 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 pm

ShayDee wrote:

KD's a 7 footer who can do all of those things...the difference is that Joker can use his big ass to get to any spot on the floor and KD can't...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#120 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:09 pm

Jokic had a great series because he shot lights out from 3, way above career 31%.

That's a fluke.

I hope he continues his play like that vs. the Lakers but not counting on it. If he wants to take 3s, let him.

Clippers also trapped Murray a lot, again maybe being overly scared of his hot streak vs. Utah, when he shot almost Curry-like.

So that gave Jokic a free run in the lake where he could kick out, tear drop or find the dunker diving from the baseline.

Really would have been better off letting Murray take some mid range pull ups.

Return to Golden State Warriors