ImageImageImage

NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#341 » by jirrit » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 am

CSL_1904 wrote:That's a terrible loss. The game was right there to be won and we need to win time until Hayward's return.

Up 12 going into the 4th, with the ball with 22 seconds in regulation in a tied game, up 1 with 22 seconds to go in OT and we lose. Not good enough, terrible execution.

Let''s just hope they're trying to win time by letting the Heat win a few ;-)
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#342 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 am

Triple7 wrote:Indon’t know what Stevens was thinking at the end of regulation. letting Kemba run off the clock with a 2pt lead. Just pure iso ball with our smallest player on the court. Same thing happened with the raps, efore the lowry foul on Grant. I don’t know what they are thinking

It’s called trying to hang on instead of winning. Not going to beat a good team like that.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#343 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 am

The Corey's wrote:
mzepol wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:The superstar was pure poop the last 7-8 mins of the game.

Sent from my LM-V600 using RealGM mobile app

That was absolutely the right play from Tatum at the end. Took it strong to the hoop. Just better defense from Bam.

Trying to dunk on Bam is the right play?

I dont think so. He had 4 seconds to make that work while getting Bam in the air but he doesnt posses those kind of IQ points.

But you knew that when he jacked a 3 from 10 feet beyond the 3 point line to win the game.

Yeah, that block was on Tatum more than anything.

Finishing at the with contact is a weakness for him, that's why he only does evasion moves for layups unless it's wide open.

He went into his head and said "I'm MJ!" and he needs to have more awareness of his lack of athelticism. He's never going to win trying to be Wade, or MJ, or Lebron, or Kobe. He doesn't have top of the league hops like that.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#344 » by Ill News » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 am

Our first loss in those black magic jerseys. The magic is gone, I guess.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,618

Post#345 » by Tatumfor2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 am

Miami shot 44% from 3. That's an L all on its own.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
LarryBoyd
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#346 » by LarryBoyd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 am

yazfan wrote:So is Hayward leaving bubble for baby?

Someone asked Stevens and he said he will keep his private convos private

i miss old school basketball man. i understand it's a new generation but i sure as hell miss old school. I don't remember guys back then leaving their teams for paternity reasons especially in the crux of the playoffs.

i mean congrats and all but this is your freakin' job man.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,211

Post#347 » by TheMartian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 am

The Corey's wrote:
mzepol wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:The superstar was pure poop the last 7-8 mins of the game.

Sent from my LM-V600 using RealGM mobile app

That was absolutely the right play from Tatum at the end. Took it strong to the hoop. Just better defense from Bam.

I dont think so. He had 4 seconds to make that work while getting Bam in the air but he doesnt posses those kind of IQ points.

But you knew that when he jacked a 3 from 10 feet beyond the 3 point line to win the game.

Let's agree to disagree. I thought that was the right play. If that hadn't been blocked you would be singing a different tune.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,540

Post#348 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am

Ill News wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Ill News wrote:That was one hell of a block by Bam. Tatum had a free land for a dunk.

Great block and pathetic play call by Stevens.

Tatum going for the poster instead of the points. Just horrible.

We legit get blown out if not for Smart shooting out of his mind which isnt even in his wheelhouse.

What are you talking about? Tatum had a free lane to the rim. Bam just met him there because he's a great athlete.

That was a great possession imo.

Having a free lane doesnt mean he had a good shot. Butler baited him right into that.

No instead of jumping in the air and losing all your leverage, pump faking the dunk and jumping into an ascending Bam would of worked a hell of a lot better instead of ending up on that poster for life.
titlebound1
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,354

Post#349 » by titlebound1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am

The fact of the matter is that we looked like the better team the majority of the game. We need to make some adjustments and see how things go in game two. If we don't up our intensity, we'll lose. Kemba has to eventually break out...There is no way this will last
jonige94
Senior
And1: 631

Post#350 » by jonige94 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am

Ill News wrote:Our first loss in those black magic jerseys. The magic is gone, I guess.

I might be the only one but god i hate those jerseys.

Feels like we havent played with the white jerseys in a while.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#351 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am

The Corey's wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
hickfromfrenchlick wrote:
Putting aside the massive choke, hard to be mad at Butler and Bam just straight up having bigger junk.

What massive choke? Butler hits a corner three, Bam makes an unreal block. Celtics got outplayed, Kemba was useless for the first 40 minutes of the game.

We gonna ignore the 13 point blown 4th quarter lead?

Celtics blew over a 10 point lead twice in this game.

Yeah I guess it's a choke then. I dunno, just missed shots, I don't think they played poorly at the end besides Tatum always takes the worst **** shots for no reason, but that's an every quarter thing and not a choke thing to me.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Patsfan1081
RealGM

Post#352 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Wow that is the siockest **** block I've ever seen.

Putting aside the massive choke, hard to be mad at Butler and Bam just straight up having bigger junk.

What massive choke? Butler hits a corner three, Bam makes an unreal block. Celtics got outplayed, Kemba was useless for the first 40 minutes of the game.

I don’t think think they got outplayed. I think they played smarter. Launching a three out of a timeout in a tie game is just bad. What’s worse is Smart was wide open three feet from the hoop.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Post#353 » by Saint Lazarus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 am

Seabass777 wrote:Should have never went to overtime, the refs bailed you guys out on that one. Great block by Bam on Tatum, that will forever be a historic moment in playoff history.

This is gonna be a tough series, glad we set the tone though by winning the first game, see you guys on Thursday

Yeah **** the Celtics them trash ass fans :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,384

Post#354 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
Green89 wrote:Spo is better. Plain and simple. Brad allowing us to shoot a deep three when tied at the end of regulation with a ton of time left is unforgivable. Spo gets the same chance and let's Butler take it right to the rim.
Brad let's his players do what they want.

Oh well. Onto game 2. We tie it up in a dominant win. But ultimately, we need Gordon, otherwise we go home.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gordon def would help but Stevens has to stop just allowing whatever. He hasn’t been a factor in these playoffs.
That's not gonna happen. Brad NEVER tells these guys what they can and can't do.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Festurs
Junior
And1: 375

Post#355 » by Festurs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 am

I don’t blame Tatum. He had to be worn out. No depth and key players were invisible
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,946

Post#356 » by Jakeopp » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 am

LarryBoyd wrote:
yazfan wrote:So is Hayward leaving bubble for baby?

Someone asked Stevens and he said he will keep his private convos private

i miss old school basketball man. i understand it's a new generation but i sure as hell miss old school. I don't remember guys back then leaving their teams for paternity reasons especially in the crux of the playoffs.

i mean congrats and all but this is your freakin' job man.

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,540

Post#357 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 am

mzepol wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
mzepol wrote:

Let's agree to disagree. I thought that was the right play. If that hadn't been blocked you would be singing a different tune.

Nothing about my tune will change. Kemba is playing like ass, has been since the second round and Stevens has adjusted to that worst than Doc rivers.

This game never felt like it wasnt Bostons. Until it came down to big boy minutes and crunch time and we dont have those players.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#358 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 am

Ill News wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:

We lost two double-digit leads in this game. I'd say we choked this one away, though you gotta give the Heat credit too. Those guys are super resilient.

14 point lead to start the 4th

6 point lead with 3:33 to go

Then Tatum produced nothing for the final 2 minutes and all of OT and got boy'd by Butler for an AND1 while getting boy'd by Bam who didn't even have to jump till long after Tatum did because Tatum doesn't have hops like that and he should know that more than anyone.

That was about as BIG of a choke job as it gets boys. Without just you know throwing the ball away to the other team over and over.
Patsfan1081
RealGM

Post#359 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:40 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:Should have never went to overtime, the refs bailed you guys out on that one. Great block by Bam on Tatum, that will forever be a historic moment in playoff history.

This is gonna be a tough series, glad we set the tone though by winning the first game, see you guys on Thursday

Yeah **** the Celtics them trash ass fans :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Always find this comical, might want to look in the mirror there.
LarryBoyd
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#360 » by LarryBoyd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:40 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:What massive choke? Butler hits a corner three, Bam makes an unreal block. Celtics got outplayed, Kemba was useless for the first 40 minutes of the game.

We gonna ignore the 13 point blown 4th quarter lead?

Celtics blew over a 10 point lead twice in this game.

Yeah I guess it's a choke then. I dunno, just missed shots, I don't think they played poorly at the end besides Tatum always takes the worst **** shots for no reason, but that's an every quarter thing and not a choke thing to me.

i don't mind those kind of shots every now and then if it's the 1rst or 2nd quarter but inside 2 minutes in crunch time? c'mon man, those types of decisions can be the difference between winning and losing. aim for a better shot in that possession.

Return to Boston Celtics