ImageImageImage

NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#381 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
LarryBoyd wrote:
i don't mind those kind of shots every now and then if it's the 1rst or 2nd quarter but inside 2 minutes in crunch time? c'mon man, those types of decisions can be the difference between winning and losing. aim for a better shot in that possession.

Yeah that's fair. I really hated the turnaround fadeaway by Tatum with about a minute left, but I've hated every single one he's ever taken. The deep three I'm good with, he can make that. The final shot, I'm good with. He can make that, and the most important thing is that you leave zeroes on the clock with that possession.

I don’t know. Tie game....I’d want the high percentage shot there, not a long iso three.

Tatum off the dribble from three is about as high percentage as you can get outside of a layup. And a layup requires him to either beat his guy completely off the dribble and Miami to just be daydreaming in the paint or for there to be a pass in traffic which just introduces a higher probability of losing possession and letting Miami take the final shot.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#382 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 am

canman1971 wrote:Stevens needs to learn how to run a better offense or get his players to listen. That was brutal to watch from a coaching point of view. How about move the ball...move your ass...make cuts...set picks? No, lets pound pound pound, shoot.

Honestly, despite some bad shots I love seeing Marcus have the ballin his hands. Prob the best distributor on the team. Tatum has the ability, just goes tunnel vision and wants to hit the winning shot.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,314

Post#383 » by sprash9802 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:46 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
sprash9802 wrote:Anyone still think Brad is as good as Spo?? Lol the dude got his ass kicked so hard in this one. **** was twiddling his dick while Spo was kicking him from pillar to post
You get all that from. Three point loss in ot? Right. Keep being you

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app

Whats the celtics.record in close games this.playoffs? Did they look good in the 4th and OT? How about the excellent offense, eh? Yeah, keep drinking the **** kool aid.
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#384 » by Green89 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
mzepol wrote:
Let's agree to disagree. I thought that was the right play. If that hadn't been blocked you would be singing a different tune.

The dunk attempt was a 10x better play than the one to end regulation. He should have gone inside there.

Completely wrong.

Him going to the basket leaves him prone to getting stripped or worst committing an offensive foul.

He can hit that 3 and does with regularity but the most important thing to do in that game is to not LOSE the game trying to do too much. A decent shot to win the game with no chance for a turnover? Pure gold, at that point it's a shot or miss league and Tatum in clutch for about 7 minutes of clutch play was nothing but bricks tonight.

You drive with a few second left on the clock. You get stripped, it's overtime. With the man to man defense they were playing just standing there for 15 seconds, no one was ready to strip it aside from the man on Tatum. He can't get by one man that's pathetic.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,246

Post#385 » by TheMartian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 am

I don't know what to say to you guys. Tatum took what the defense gave him. Just move on and play better in Game 2.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,589

Post#386 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Yeah that's fair. I really hated the turnaround fadeaway by Tatum with about a minute left, but I've hated every single one he's ever taken. The deep three I'm good with, he can make that. The final shot, I'm good with. He can make that, and the most important thing is that you leave zeroes on the clock with that possession.

I don’t know. Tie game....I’d want the high percentage shot there, not a long iso three.

Tatum off the dribble from three is about as high percentage as you can get outside of a layup. And a layup requires him to either beat his guy completely off the dribble and Miami to just be daydreaming in the paint or for there to be a pass in traffic which just introduces a higher probability of losing possession and letting Miami take the final shot.

Getting the ball THAT far outside the 3, AFTER Kemba held onto it for 12 seconds or whatever was horrible.

Tatum did nothing but get farther from the hoop once he touched the ball and frankly he traveled.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#387 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:48 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Yeah that's fair. I really hated the turnaround fadeaway by Tatum with about a minute left, but I've hated every single one he's ever taken. The deep three I'm good with, he can make that. The final shot, I'm good with. He can make that, and the most important thing is that you leave zeroes on the clock with that possession.

That’s true but they really didn’t try to set a screen or really do anything beforehand. There was time on the clock. I guess we can second guess everything. If he had made it I wouldn’t be complaining. Brad was just asked about that and he said he trusts him to take the correct shot so either way Idont see anything changing.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#388 » by BillTheGOAT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
mzepol wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Nothing about my tune will change. Kemba is playing like ass, has been since the second round and Stevens has adjusted to that worst than Doc rivers.

This game never felt like it wasnt Bostons. Until it came down to big boy minutes and crunch time and we dont have those players.

We are still talking about whether that dunk by Tatum was the right play are we not?

Wrong play by Tatum. He has to know who he is and what he's not. He can't dunk the ball like he's LeBron. He needs to take any of the infinite other wide open shot opportunities from that position that eliminates Bam's athletic advantage as a defender.

If he'd made that dunk it would've been a different tune.

Great block, now on to game 2.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#389 » by tlee324 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 am

100proof wrote:Team shot poorly, executed poorly and lost by 3 points in overtime.

Its gonna be ok.

Maybe you're right, but time is running out on the mulligan's.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#390 » by Green89 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
canman1971 wrote:Stevens needs to learn how to run a better offense or get his players to listen. That was brutal to watch from a coaching point of view. How about move the ball...move your ass...make cuts...set picks? No, lets pound pound pound, shoot.

Honestly, despite some bad shots I love seeing Marcus have the ballin his hands. Prob the best distributor on the team. Tatum has the ability, just goes tunnel vision and wants to hit the winning shot.

We had some great ball movement out of that frustration timeout Brad called when we were doing nothing against their traps. However, they did it for only two plays until it became slow paced ISO plays the rest of the way.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#391 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 am

mzepol wrote:I don't know what to say to you guys. Tatum took what the defense gave him. Just move on and play better in Game 2.

The Celtics are literally steam rolling through the playoffs if a certain 30 mil a year guy did anything on either end of the floor.

Winning or losing this game does nothing to change the fact that Kemba cant handle a trapped double team, hit a open shot or that Stevens sleep walks through these games on idle.

Thats why Im personally irritated because while they blew this game they didnt even give me reason to believe that going forward anything will change.
Cuban Pete
Junior
And1: 231

Post#392 » by Cuban Pete » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 am

When a player shoots 1-9 on threes in an OT game, there's your goat.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#393 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 am

Darth Celtic wrote:Lol. Too good.
celticfan42487 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Yeah **** the Celtics them trash ass fans :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Y'all have no idea you're on the Celtics board.

That last post wouldn't even fly on the General board for baiting.

Might want to edit it and remove it. I just have to assume you're not looking to get suspended during the ECF up 1-0 .Best time to be on RealGm.

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app

Sorry Saint. I'm not really reading for sarcasm and such. Just saw the message and sig and didn't look at the name thinking someone was going to be impersonating a Heat fan trashing the Celtics fans on their board. After a OT loss reading that and seeing those things I was just like come on guys this is not the time nor place for it in a game 1 ECF OT loss.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#394 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:51 am

BillTheGOAT wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
mzepol wrote:
We are still talking about whether that dunk by Tatum was the right play are we not?

Wrong play by Tatum. He has to know who he is and what he's not. He can't dunk the ball like he's LeBron. He needs to take any of the infinite other wide open shot opportunities from that position that eliminates Bam's athletic advantage as a defender.

So to be clear, because this is the second one of these. I would be singing a different tune if Tatum had a game tying dunk?

So were talking about what didnt happen instead of what did happen? Why would we do that?
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#395 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 am

tlee324 wrote:
100proof wrote:Team shot poorly, executed poorly and lost by 3 points in overtime.

Its gonna be ok.

Maybe you're right, but time is running out on the mulligan's.

Maybe they get swept.

They already exceeded my expectations for the year, and that was with a healthy hayward.

I would live banner 18, but i didnt see it this year team is a good bench and a good center away from winning it all.
Well that and a little more growth from the jays

The last part is evident in close games.
TheMartian
General Manager

Post#396 » by TheMartian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 am

The Corey's wrote:
mzepol wrote:I don't know what to say to you guys. Tatum took what the defense gave him. Just move on and play better in Game 2.

The Celtics are literally steam rolling through the playoffs if a certain 30 mil a year guy did anything on either end of the floor.

Winning or losing this game does nothing to change the fact that Kemba cant handle a trapped double team, hit a open shot or that Stevens sleep walks through these games on idle.

Thats why Im personally irritated because while they blew this game they didnt even give me reason to believe that going forward anything will change.

Kemba needs to play better, I agree. He is holding on to the ball too much resulting in bad offensive possessions. Too many plays like that in this game.

Brad needs to do better and call plays instead of ISO possessions.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,017

Post#397 » by Bourne85 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:Should have never went to overtime, the refs bailed you guys out on that one. Great block by Bam on Tatum, that will forever be a historic moment in playoff history.

This is gonna be a tough series, glad we set the tone though by winning the first game, see you guys on Thursday

Yeah **** the Celtics them trash ass fans :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Just want to apologize for some of our dumb fans. GG.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,575

Post#398 » by ajones9219 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:53 am

No worries, Kemba clearly started picking it up in the second half and Tatum had 2 great looks to win the game. Just take game 2
TheMartian
General Manager

Post#399 » by TheMartian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:54 am

The Corey's wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

So to be clear, because this is the second one of these. I would be singing a different tune if Tatum had a game tying dunk?

So were talking about what didnt happen instead of what did happen? Why would we do that?

Because my point was that was the right play by Tatum.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#400 » by Saint Lazarus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 am

Bourne85 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:Should have never went to overtime, the refs bailed you guys out on that one. Great block by Bam on Tatum, that will forever be a historic moment in playoff history.

This is gonna be a tough series, glad we set the tone though by winning the first game, see you guys on Thursday

Yeah **** the Celtics them trash ass fans :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Just want to apologize for some of our dumb fans. GG.

Nah don’t be apologizing. We are a REAL franchise with REAL culture. Pat Riley built this team with savvy managing while the Celtics just got lucky from bullying a dumb franchise for a bunch of picks in Brooklyn.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:

Return to Boston Celtics