esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Re: GAME 7. WC SEMIS SEPT 15, 6PM PST 

Post#342 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:21 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
I’m confident in the front office and the roster it built this season. This had little to do with the players the pieces were there but if you refuse to put them together and have agendas it won’t work. In truth we barely escaped the Dallas series because of injuries but we we continued to ignore issues and adjust.

I have complete faith in the front office they just have to remove the trash at the helm

Or it could be argued 180 degrees the other way---that Doc did the best he could with what EVERYBODY says is a FATALLY FLAWED ROSTER.

So which is it?

Hey, let the vultures pick the board for a week or a month as they gloat? Then us adults and real fans can trickle back after the vultures have picked over the bones of the deceased.

What was funny and oh so tragic was that Trezz was our leading scorer [20 points] and was only minus-8 while Zu was minus-10 and PG and Kawhi were minus-20.

We scored 18 points in the 3rd and 15 points in the 4th. Scapegoating Doc and Trezz is garbage.

You and I have often disagreed but usually respectfully. So have almost all of us. We're fans, and Clipper brothers.

So let's turn our board over to the garbage people who know nothing about basketball for a month or two? Seeya in a month or two and see where we are? I'm all for changes in the off-season--I agree with Quake completely--but I don't vulture on my own team until they're dead. :lol:

It's vulture etiquette!!

You were never a real fan you were a troll that tried to use +\- all season to derail and attack players to fit your agenda. When you were wrong you would backtrack act like it didn’t happen. You are not a clippers fan and you are for sure not superior to anyone here with your toxic attitude when fans and media were telling you that you were wrong and you still won’t admit it.

Please feel free to go away once Doc is fired. I’m sure if Doc is allowed to coach a rebuilding team he will do wonders. MTV can be extreme but you fail to see people don’t want you around either

Bro, you have NOT been listening then.

I make "excuses" for EVERY Clipper including the coach. Never think I don't see why we lose. A fan tries to find reasons why we can win.

There is not a SINGLE CLIPPER I scapegoat. Never a single Clipper I have called for his minutes to be cut, or for him to be cut or traded.

I'm a fan, bro. I see ALL the negatives. It doesn't take a genius or even knowing anything about basketball to tell you why we're gonna lose.......

Well we lost. WE lost---top to bottom.

What was funny and oh so tragic was that Trezz was our leading scorer [20 points] and was only minus-8 while Zu was minus-10 and PG and Kawhi were minus-20.

We scored 18 points in the 3rd and 15 points in the 4th. Scapegoating Doc and Trezz is garbage.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#343 » by NickP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:21 am

I'm ashamed to call myself a Clippers' fan. They're truly the laughing stock all over the place.
If Doc is the coach next year I'm not following the NBA anymore till he's here. I cannot follow any other team either. This is it. Doc needs to GTFO here.
If he truly is a man he'd resign.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#344 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 am

esqtvd wrote:I make "excuses" for EVERY Clipper including the coach.

BS. You make excuses for Doc's favorite players and trash the players who Doc doesn't trust. I don't know why you keep lying, you're not fooling anybody. Your shtick is very predictable.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#345 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 am

TheNewEra wrote:
Read on Twitter

A real coach major props to Mike Malone I’m rooting for them now

Im there

BEAT LA!
BEAT LA!

Nugs vs Celts or Jimmy Butler would be VERY cool
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#346 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Or it could be argued 180 degrees the other way---that Doc did the best he could with what EVERYBODY says is a FATALLY FLAWED ROSTER.

So which is it?

Hey, let the vultures pick the board for a week or a month as they gloat? Then us adults and real fans can trickle back after the vultures have picked over the bones of the deceased.

You and I have often disagreed but usually respectfully. So have almost all of us. We're fans, and Clipper brothers.

So let's turn our board over to the garbage people who know nothing about basketball for a month or two? Seeya in a month or two and see where we are? I'm all for changes in the off-season--I agree with Quake completely--but I don't vulture on my own team until they're dead. :lol:

It's vulture etiquette!!

You were never a real fan you were a troll that tried to use +\- all season to derail and attack players to fit your agenda. When you were wrong you would backtrack act like it didn’t happen. You are not a clippers fan and you are for sure not superior to anyone here with your toxic attitude when fans and media were telling you that you were wrong and you still won’t admit it.

Please feel free to go away once Doc is fired. I’m sure if Doc is allowed to coach a rebuilding team he will do wonders. MTV can be extreme but you fail to see people don’t want you around either

I make "excuses" for EVERY Clipper including the coach. Never think I don't see why we lose. A fan tries to find reasons why we can win.

There is not a SINGLE CLIPPER I scapegoat. Never a single Clipper I have called for his minutes to be cut, or for him to be cut or traded.

I'm a fan, bro. I see ALL the negatives. It doesn't take a genius or even knowing anything about basketball to tell you why we're gonna lose.......

Stop it you threw Zu under the bus any chance you could and refused to believe this strategy with Harrell could be wrong when questioned.

The fact you had the nerve to bring up +\- and 20 points for Harrell like his scoring actually meant something shows you still don’t get it
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#347 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:27 am

NickP wrote:I'm ashamed to call myself a Clippers' fan. They're truly the laughing stock all over the place.
If Doc is the coach next year I'm not following the NBA anymore till he's here. I cannot follow any other team either. This is it. Doc needs to GTFO here.

It will get better I can’t believe Ballmer would be a coward like that but the next few days will be rough
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#348 » by NickP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:27 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

So which is it?

It's vulture etiquette!!

Sorry bro, success and failure stops with the coach. The team lacked effort and that's on Doc. Just like every president takes the credit for a booming economy.
This failure lies at Doc's feet. Every year he's blown leads and has failed to take this team beyond the second round. With the talent he had, he has under achieved, throughout his career.
You cannot spin this one away with pluses and minuses. Sorry!
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#349 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 am

BS. You make excuses for Doc's favorite players and trash the players who Doc doesn't trust. I don't know why you keep lying, you're not fooling anybody. Your shtick is very predictable.

we are discussing our future
as a Clippers community and as fans

so please get out of my face
you are not one of us
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#350 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 am

esqtvd wrote:

we are discussing our future
as a Clippers community and as fans

so please get out of my face
you are not one of us

You aren't "discussing" anything. You are shouting down actual fans with the same tired excuses. Go find somewhere else to troll, your shtick has jumped the shark.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#351 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 am

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Sorry bro, success and failure stops with the coach. The team lacked effort and that's on Doc. Just like every president takes the credit for a booming economy.
This failure lies at Doc's feet. Every year he's blown leads and has failed to take this team beyond the second round. With the talent he had, he has under achieved, throughout his career.
You cannot spin this one away with pluses and minuses. Sorry!

esqtvd wrote:
Spin?

I can make an argument for dumping Doc but this isn't it lol...

Jeffroxyx
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#352 » by Jeffroxyx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 am

NickP wrote:I'm ashamed to call myself a Clippers' fan. They're truly the laughing stock all over the place.

Clippers fans suck. Only 18 pages of comments in a game 7? All the other major teams had 60+ pages. Sad.

This season just proves that Kawhi wasn't the reason Toronto won. Toronto was the reason Kawhi won.
Jeffroxyx
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#353 » by Jeffroxyx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:35 am

TheNewEra wrote:

It will get better I can’t believe Ballmer would be a coward like that but the next few days will be rough

Ballmer is the typical rich dude who thinks he can buy his way into or out of anything. Well the NBA is more complex than that. Throwing money at a situation doesn't win the chip. There has only been 15 champions in the last 44 years. If it was that easy everyone would be winning.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#354 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 am

Jeffroxyx wrote:

Clippers fans suck. Only 18 pages of comments in a game 7? All the other major teams had 60+ pages. Sad.

This season just proves that Kawhi wasn't the reason Toronto won. Toronto was the reason Kawhi won.

Dude. You're so on it. I'm East Coast and married a Cub fan. They have no idea. This bunch of c--ts deserves NOTHING.

There are REAL Clipper fans out there but they have abandoned this board. It belongs to the vultures now.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#355 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 am

Jeffroxyx wrote:

We have a small fanbase. What happened this series is a perfect illustration of why that's the case. You can't put the fans you do have through nothing but misery and expect to attract lots of new fans.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#356 » by Clemenza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:46 am

Max Headrom wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Remember when some of us were accused of "overreacting" and "being too negative" for being mad that the team basically didn't show up for an entire quarter of playoff basketball in Game 2? Those were the days.

Newsflash for all the newer fans out there: this is why some of us are so "negative." Because the Clippers always do this and have never once proven themselves as a franchise when it matters. So whenever the Clippers show a lack of killer instinct in the playoffs, people are going to assume the worst, because the worst has literally always happened.

You don't need any of that to happen for you to be negative. You're even negative sometimes after wins. You're just the Debbie Downer of the board and everyone knows your act now...

There has to be some sort of payoff though bro. I've been a fan for a long time, Sports Arena days and all. There just has to be some sort of deep playoff run mixed in somewhere after all these years. Our fanbase is only as strong as what the team does on the court. That's why our fanbase is stagnant and not as rowdy and vocal as it should be because in the back of our minds we know there a choke job just waiting to happen
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#357 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:47 am

Jeffroxyx wrote:

Yes, bc the constant 1 and 2 seed 2md rd exits the Raptors had every yr before Kawhi, and again this yr, clearly prove that to be 100% false.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#358 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:57 am

Read on Twitter

Gives me hope that doc is gone

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#359 » by Max Headrom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:00 am

Clemenza wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Remember when some of us were accused of "overreacting" and "being too negative" for being mad that the team basically didn't show up for an entire quarter of playoff basketball in Game 2? Those were the days.

Newsflash for all the newer fans out there: this is why some of us are so "negative." Because the Clippers always do this and have never once proven themselves as a franchise when it matters. So whenever the Clippers show a lack of killer instinct in the playoffs, people are going to assume the worst, because the worst has literally always happened.

You don't need any of that to happen for you to be negative. You're even negative sometimes after wins. You're just the Debbie Downer of the board and everyone knows your act now...

There has to be some sort of payoff though bro. I've been a fan for a long time, Sports Arena days and all. There just has to be some sort of deep playoff run mixed in somewhere after all these years. Our fanbase is only as strong as what the team does on the court. That's why our fanbase is stagnant and not as rowdy and vocal as it should be because in the back of our minds we know there a choke job just waiting to happen

You gotta look at it like this...

The way the bench disappeared in the playoffs (Lou and Trezz **** the bed all playoffs) we weren't winning anything this year. No matter how good your stars are, the others have to produce, always been that way. This loss just proved we don't have enough yet. Can't depend on Lou and Trezz to come through when it matters and that was a huge blow to what made the Clippers dangerous.

This is the type of loss that forces the front office hand to make the necessary changes. We win this series but lose to the Lakers, this team probably runs it back with most of the roster in tact and that would've been fools gold. The Clippers aren't far off but Doc time has to come to and end and Lou, Trezz and Pat have to be replaced now, no ways around it. With West in Ballmer ear, the ship will be righted and this loss is better for the squad in the grand scheme of things in my opinion.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#360 » by Dynamix » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:20 am

esqtvd wrote:
Jeffroxyx wrote:

Dude. You're so on it. I'm East Coast and married a Cub fan. They have no idea. This bunch of c--ts deserves NOTHING.

There are REAL Clipper fans out there but they have abandoned this board. It belongs to the vultures now.

I'm sorry, I just can't do this any more.

I don't know what constitutes a REAL Clipper fan, but this is literally the only sports team I care about and have been following religiously for a decade. Finally moved on from soccer these past couple of years after being way into it for my entire life. And with Roger Federer in his twilight years, I'm also pretty much done with tennis, none of the other players do anything for me.

So having said that, YOU are the only reason I absolutely dread being active on this board. Not MTV, not some random sad trolls, but YOU. Tried ignoring but you still get quoted often so it's useless. Plus, sometimes I just couldn't resist reading what you came up with.

Seriously, all your (sometimes not so) passive-aggressive messages are really something else. I would go a week or two without checking out the board, logged back in, then would actually shake my head at your latest contribution and logged right out. Got to the point when I'm 90% convinced you're a high-level troll playing a long game, that doesn't give a damn about this team. The mods should've probably stepped in a long time ago, but I understand it's tough to deal with someone that doesn't blatantly break the rules.

Sorry if this is too aggressive or way off base, just felt the need to get it off my chest now, before I go mostly silent until next season.

Peace!

P.S. Someone that goes on a team's board in its darkest moments to kick the few active users while they're down is truly a sad and empty person. The Clippers sub-reddit had to go private just to keep all the brigading trolls at bay.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers