The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 6)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 6) 

Post#1561 » by LikeABosh » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:08 am

Nugs are scary for sure, but Idk, I just don't see the Lakers losing to them. But we'll see

The 3 teams that I was worried about the most are all eliminated. Weird playoffs
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#1562 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:11 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
thebigbird wrote:I don’t want to be overconfident, but I feel really good about this matchup. Jamal Murray is great, but they were able to stop Dame and Harden relatively easily. We have the size to deal with Jokic on both ends of the floor. LeBron is rested because the team, unlike his Cleveland teams, can maintain leads without him, and Denver has to be gassed after going 7 in back to back rounds. I’m predicting LA in 6.

Don't think Harden was really stopped.

He had a TS of 66%.

I mean its about what we did

I disagree with murray, we cant guard him the way we guarded lillard, not because of him being better or anything but because we could guard lillard like that becuase nurkic and whiteside suck off the short roll, whereas jokic is arguably the best in the league at it.

With harden, its more so that its not just about him missing shots its about stopping him from creative advantage on offense. Through help, zone and man switches mid possessionx and and rotations we nullified the "harden system" for the most part if that makes sense, other than a few quarter lapses.

If harden isos, passes it out, and no advantage is created, that essentially means they completely reset an offensive possession with 5-8 left on the shot clock

While houstan were hot from three in general which meant they were getting buckets, this meant they couldnt play their pace.

Houstan went from 103 possessions a game to 95 possessions a game vs us, or top 3 to bottom 1
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,686

Post#1563 » by xb3at band1tx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 am

Yeah it's less about stopping their stars and just making the team as uncomfortable as you can. Also, never take your foot off the gas lol
Joey Wheeler
Starter
And1: 1,359

Post#1564 » by Joey Wheeler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 am

I think Lakers will finally sweep in this series (the first two series were essentially sweeps). 4 games, 2 closeish ones, 2 comfortable. Lebron will be more dominant than AD in this series.
dreamshake
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#1565 » by dreamshake » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 am

Denver series aside for a sec - anybody else a little scared of Miami? They have the defensive bodies to throw at LA - Jimmy, Iggy & Crowder on Bron + Bam on AD. Dragic is the kind of veteran, playoff battle-tested guard that can keep the offense functioning in big moments. They've got the young, irrational confidence guy (Herro). Spo is a great coach and they've got the player-coach in Haslem. I don't know - maybe I'm overthinking it - but I can really just imagine myself in a month thinking "yeah I'm not shocked that team won it all"

But obviously Denver is the priority for now.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#1566 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:22 am

Joey Wheeler wrote:I think Lakers will finally sweep in this series (the first two series were essentially sweeps). 4 games, 2 closeish ones, 2 comfortable. Lebron will be more dominant than AD in this series.

Curious if we go AD at the 5 alot here too

I think dwights way more important than mcgee here
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#1567 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:22 am

dreamshake wrote:Denver series aside for a sec - anybody else a little scared of Miami? They have the defensive bodies to throw at LA - Jimmy, Iggy & Crowder on Bron + Bam on AD. Dragic is the kind of veteran, playoff battle-tested guard that can keep the offense functioning in big moments. They've got the young, irrational confidence guy (Herro). Spo is a great coach and they've got the player-coach in Haslem. I don't know - maybe I'm overthinking it - but I can really just imagine myself in a month thinking "yeah I'm not shocked that team won it all"

But obviously Denver is the priority for now.

The east team is gonna better better than any team we face/faced

Joey Wheeler
Starter
And1: 1,359

Post#1568 » by Joey Wheeler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:25 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Joey Wheeler wrote:I think Lakers will finally sweep in this series (the first two series were essentially sweeps). 4 games, 2 closeish ones, 2 comfortable. Lebron will be more dominant than AD in this series.

Better not, you want to put Dwight/McGee on Jokic as long as you can. AD should only be on Jokic on crunch time; he's more valuable as a rim protector + guarding Jokic for extended periods is inviting foul trouble + AD can't stop him anyway, no one can.
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer

Post#1569 » by xb3at band1tx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 am

Jokic is a beast, but going from the pitiful Clippers frontcourt to the Laker giants is gonna be an adjustment for them I think
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#1570 » by thebigbird » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
thebigbird wrote:I don’t want to be overconfident, but I feel really good about this matchup. Jamal Murray is great, but they were able to stop Dame and Harden relatively easily. We have the size to deal with Jokic on both ends of the floor. LeBron is rested because the team, unlike his Cleveland teams, can maintain leads without him, and Denver has to be gassed after going 7 in back to back rounds. I’m predicting LA in 6.

Don't think Harden was really stopped.

He had a TS of 66%.

He was very efficient, but he didn’t really have any scoring explosions after game 1. I never felt like oh god Harden is cooking, how are we going to stop him. 27, 33, 21, and 30. 6-12 from the field in game 2 and 2-11 from the field in game 4. He only hit 14 3s in the series and no more than 4 in any one game. You won’t ever completely stop a player like Harden, but the Rockets needed him to go supernova regular season Harden and they stopped him from that.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#1571 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 am

Joey Wheeler wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

Better not, you want to put Dwight/McGee on Jokic as long as you can. AD should only be on Jokic on crunch time; he's more valuable as a rim protector + guarding Jokic for extended periods is inviting foul trouble + AD can't stop him anyway, no one can.

Ad kinda clamped him up at times whenever he guarded him tho, and javale cant guard him at all, dwight does ok

AD being stupid switchable is super useful, since he can guard murray ok

Id rather we have an attacking quick small guard, since that really messes up jokic, but i think we'll do great.

xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer

Post#1572 » by xb3at band1tx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 am

Like HOU being the LeBron series, I think this has to be the AD series.

He's got a tall task in containing Jokic, but still the Denver defense shouldn't have a lot for the Brow if he's focused.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#1573 » by homecourtloss » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:38 am

Weird that we don’t see any mentions of “LeGM” anymore, AD will leave in free agency, LeGM mortgaged the Lakers’ future, etc.

Weird also we never hear anything about LeBron’s role in creating a leading NBA team chemistry.

Or about LeBron playing with bigs or other stars.

Or playing in the West.

Or...
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Arrow
Sophomore
And1: 226

Post#1574 » by Arrow » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 am

JordansBulls wrote:
dcstanley wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Anthony Davis still the most productive on the team in the season and playoffs.

:lol:

Leads in PPG and PER. Is what I said wrong?

Yes? Since you love PER so much '20 Giannis must be ranked your #1 in your GOAT regular seasons, right? And '09 LeBron ranked #1 in your GOAT playoffs?

As you probably already know and choose to ignore, AD lead the team in SOME traditional advanced stats (PER, WS/48) during the regular season and playoffs, while LeBron led in others (BPM, VORP). However, LeBron also led the team in impact metrics (RAPTOR, PIPM, RPM, etc). Tell me again who's more important?
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#1575 » by LikeABosh » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 am

homecourtloss wrote:Weird that we don’t see any mentions of “LeGM” anymore, AD will, leave in free agency, LeGM mortgaged the Lakers’ future, etc.

Weird also we never hear anything about LeBron’s role in creating a leading NBA team chemistry.

Or playing in the West.

Or...

Now it's turning into "LeBron has another cakewalk path to the Finals"

Bill Simmons has already expressed this
A_Biased_Fan
Junior
And1: 479

Post#1576 » by A_Biased_Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 am

Arrow wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:
dcstanley wrote: :lol:

Leads in PPG and PER. Is what I said wrong?

Yes? Since you love PER so much '20 Giannis must be ranked your #1 in your GOAT regular seasons, right? And '09 LeBron ranked #1 in your GOAT playoffs?

As you probably already know and choose to ignore, AD lead the team in SOME traditional advanced stats (PER, WS/48) during the regular season and playoffs, while LeBron led in others (BPM, VORP). However, LeBron also led the team in impact metrics (RAPTOR, PIPM, RPM, etc). Tell me again who's more important?

Give him a break, he loves box score stats. He probably just learned about PER :lol:
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer

Post#1577 » by xb3at band1tx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 am

homecourtloss wrote:Weird that we don’t see any mentions of “LeGM” anymore, AD will, leave in free agency, LeGM mortgaged the Lakers’ future, etc.

Or playing in the West.

Or...

LeBron would put guys like Lou, Bev, and Trezz in their place if he was the leader on that team.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#1578 » by Dupp » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:40 am

So lebron really dodged a bummer with Paul George ....

Feels like things are finally aligning for lebron for the first time in a long time.... still got a long way to go but things looking good.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#1579 » by GSP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 am

Joey Wheeler wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

Read on Twitter

Ad can definitely stop him (obviously wont guar dhim the whole game)

Dwight can do a great great job too. He frustrates him ALOT
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#1580 » by nzahir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:48 am

Are we rooting for Miami or Celtics to make the finals in case we make it?

Return to Player Comparisons