ImageImageImage

Post-Game Notes: BOS 114, MIA 117 (0-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,540

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 114, MIA 117 (0-1) 

Post#261 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
I'm not sure the mid-round picks have anything to do with this. The top guys legitimately can't score in the clutch. Meanwhile the heat have Herro, Butler and Crowder who are more clutch than anyone on the Celtics.

Herro was what? pick 14?

Tatum can bury the 3 with the rest of them but he is NOT a sharpshooter. Brown 3 point shooting leaves much to be desired and Kemba has been missing for about 4 weeks.

Danny has never found him self a guy like Herro and if we had a guy like him it would be pretty cool but instead guys like Semi gets those minutes.

Its going to be rather embarrassing to lose to the Heat given where their rebuild started and ours. It will be a pill hard to swallow but Im sure everyone is just happy to be here and Danny did a great job with his war chest!

Tatum can shoot the **** **** out of the ball. He's just not some catch-and-shoot afterthought. Raps put their whole team on him.

This the same Tatum that air balled a 3 with a couple minutes to go in a really important possession? Or that horse **** attempt to be Steph curry to end regulation?

Yes he can shoot with the best of them. I already said that. But hes not so deadly from the 3 that he can lift that shot whenever and however he feels. Thats not his game.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,311

Post#262 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:24 am

Triple7 wrote:I think having hayward would help,us a lot. He has the ability to get to get to the basket and sink those perimeter shots consistently. That would guve us another option offensively. He also passes the ball well inside to our cutters. Instead of our stagnant offense with everybody standing outside and no one cutting inside.

Should be obvious to anyone who watched this team this year, really.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#263 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 am

The Corey's wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Herro was what? pick 14?

Tatum can bury the 3 with the rest of them but he is NOT a sharpshooter. Brown 3 point shooting leaves much to be desired and Kemba has been missing for about 4 weeks.

Danny has never found him self a guy like Herro and if we had a guy like him it would be pretty cool but instead guys like Semi gets those minutes.

Its going to be rather embarrassing to lose to the Heat given where their rebuild started and ours. It will be a pill hard to swallow but Im sure everyone is just happy to be here and Danny did a great job with his war chest!

Tatum can shoot the **** **** out of the ball. He's just not some catch-and-shoot afterthought. Raps put their whole team on him.

This the same Tatum that air balled a 3 with a couple minutes to go in a really important possession? Or that horse **** attempt to be Steph curry to end regulation?

Yes he can shoot with the best of them. I already said that. But hes not so deadly from the 3 that he can lift that shot whenever and however he feels. Thats not his game.

There's no question that he gassed.

Teams can blitz, trap, and double him with no regard for human life. His usage is way too high coming into crunch time because we have to make up for the loss of Hayward, who IMO was our 2nd best player this year.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#264 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 am

Just watched the post game interviews with Kemba, Marcus, Stevens and Tatum. They all sound so 'meh'. Brad is usually very detailed wit his answers and today he wasn't at all. Most of them agreed that we pounded the ball too much in the 4th and struggled with transition D. I expect these things to be cleaned up in game 2.

We had this game in double digits twice so we proved we could create separation.. Just need to show a killer instinct now and bury them when we get a chance.

One thing I also wish they would focus on was falling for fakes at the 3 pt line. A few times we contested well but went flying by on pump fakes which allowed them to hit a clean 3 right after. Got to make a run at the ball without flying by..Kemba did it on the Jimmy shot at the end.. Very frustrating so see.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
floyd
Bench Warmer
And1: 648

Post#265 » by floyd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 am

I’m legit worried if Kemba is right. He wasn’t getting separation off the dribble against anyone and he should be able to torch most of those
slobs outside Bam and Butler.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#266 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 am

Kemba just wake tf up and give tatum some god damn help and then everything else will open up.....Hayward is gonna hell but if kemba can just not be complete ass it’ll really let tatum and brown but more specifically tatum have some legs left in clutch time and change entirely how other teams play us
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#267 » by BillessuR6 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:32 am

MIA deserved to win. We played really stupid basketball at times.

We need to move the ball on offense. Way too many iso jumpers in the 4th. But guys are fatigued, we need Hayward back, so we are fresher at the end of a game.

Sent from my SM-T530 using RealGM mobile app
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#268 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:32 am

floyd wrote:I’m legit worried if Kemba is right. He wasn’t getting separation off the dribble against anyone and he should be able to torch most of those

I don't think anyone here thought Kemba was a "true" star until we were forced to. He has a gear he can hit that is impressive when he is feeling right, but that doesn't happen often. Not an elite scorer, a pedestrian playmaker, and not very good defensively.

Hayward is better, period.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,377

Post#269 » by threrf23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:33 am

We've lost four straight home games now?
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#270 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 am

Kemba should not be handling the ball, leave that to smart at this point so kemba can get off rhe ball shots to get going.

I really really hate the casually walking up court thing the celtics do. And its clear it has not been addressed by Brad at any point so he seems content with it.
JmacBronco68
Ballboy
And1: 76

Post#271 » by JmacBronco68 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 am

floyd wrote:I’m legit worried if Kemba is right. He wasn’t getting separation off the dribble against anyone and he should be able to torch most of those

A lot of people don't realize how a knee injury affects a jump shooter. If you shoot like you normally do, you don't get enough lift and the ball tends to be short. Then you over compensate and it goes long. It will also make you miss right or left because it throws off your balance. I noticed that Kemba is even struggling with his foul shots - relative to what he usually shoots. It's too bad because he is missing a lot of shots he usually makes.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,317

Post#272 » by Triple7 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:59 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:I would concede that. Spo is indeed better than Stevens. He's also had the guidance of a top NBA coach in Riley in his earlier years while Brad went straight from college to an NBA head coaching job. Brad hasn't peaked yet as a coach imo. But again, it still boils down to not having that MVP-type player that can push you over the top. Tatum might be one day, but he too is clearly still learning to become one.

Spo had a ton of championship/finals experience. He also knows how to manage players. He’s seen it all. Stevens must really up his game for us to compete with the heat. We have the better talent on top, but not by much. So coaching matters. They have guys that drive and attack the rim. They have post up players, and we don’t. Our offense is somewhat predictable. We don’t have guys that can attack inside and put pressure on their defense. They are just waiting for us to miss that outside shot.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,317

Post#273 » by Triple7 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:04 am

The Corey's wrote:Kemba should not be handling the ball, leave that to smart at this point so kemba can get off rhe ball shots to get going.

I really really hate the casually walking up court thing the celtics do. And its clear it has not been addressed by Brad at any point so he seems content with it.

Exactly. I also hate it when we have the lead with under 2mins, and we just dribble the clock and do a JT or Kemba iso, and totally didn’t run any play. That’s just too lazy.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Post#274 » by Saint Lazarus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:05 am

Did anyone feel like the vibe was off this game? I personally felt more hyped by the start of the Raptors series (realgm super bowl) but it also felt that way among the players too. Idk
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#275 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 am

Triple7 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:Kemba should not be handling the ball, leave that to smart at this point so kemba can get off rhe ball shots to get going.

Exactly. I also hate it when we have the lead with under 2mins, and we just dribble the clock and do a JT or Kemba iso, and totally didn’t run any play. That’s just too lazy.

Kemba effectively ended the game when he literally dribbled into a clock violation under 90 seconds left and dont even get a shot off.

He will never escape his performance the last 8 games if he doesn't get it together here
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#276 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:Did anyone feel like the vibe was off this game? I personally felt more hyped by the start of the Raptors series (realgm super bowl) but it also felt that way among the players too. Idk

Wayy off. Jaylen looked way out of it. The box score says he had 17 on 14 shots. I can only remember like 3 baskets.. Can't even remember the misses. Dude was invisible.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#277 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:38 am

Tatum was one of the most clutch performers in the regular season. And he's made the right play after right play against Toronto. So this was a blip more than the norm.

Regardless, straight up iso should be the last resort imo. Even Butler's "iso" was set up so that no help would come when he reached the paint. Tatum OTOH had Crowder and Bam lurking after he blew by Butler.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#278 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:Tatum was one of the most clutch performers in the regular season. And he's made the right play after right play against Toronto. So this was a blip more than the norm.

Regardless, straight up iso should be the last resort imo. Even Butler's "iso" was set up so that no help would come when he reached the paint. Tatum OTOH had Crowder and Bam lurking after he blew by Butler.

Wide open smart in the corner with the way yes been shooting? Hind sight is 20/20 but I dont like a dunk attempt. The rwfs didn't do us any favors and the 3 free throws rbey took away from kemba on the review was literally the game.

You cant hit someone. Regardless if the ball is in the air or not. Some refs call it (like this one) others don't.

Its quite sad.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#279 » by return2glory » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am

3D Chess wrote:I would absolutely love to have Herro on this team goddamn.

Not too many people wanted Herro because of his short wingspan. That’s some draft bs and a lot of people think wingspan is everything.

Herro was a baller in Kentucky and in high school and the rookie has been playing great. Heat took him one spot before we were up to draft. Not sure if Danny would have taken at 14 if Herro was still available.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,618

Post#280 » by Tatumfor2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:01 am

At least we aren't Clippers fans.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:

Return to Boston Celtics