Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Jimmy Butler 

Post#1 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Apparently Jeff Teague is still very angry we traded Jimmy And ruined the Thibs era.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Re: Jimmy Butler 

Post#2 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:03 am

Jimmy Butler reportedly yelled out "they ain't ****” & "they soft" at Andrew Wiggins & Karl Anthony Towns, as he led third-stringers to victories over the staring unit.

"He can't do **** against me!" Butler exclaimed at one point when defending KAT in the post via Yahoo Sports
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#3 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 am

Hate it or Love it, Jimmy Butler is a dog and a winner.

He left the Wolves and we suck.

He left the Sixers and they got swept in the first round.

Miami Heat swept the Pacers, beat the reigning MVP and now just scored against Tatum in OT for the Heat win in the eastern conference finals.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,515

Post#4 » by Worm Guts » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 am

He didn’t want to be here. What are you going to do?
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#5 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 am

Worm Guts wrote:He didn’t want to be here. What are you going to do?

I wish we would of got something better for him than just Roco and Saric. Both guys are gone already too.

Basically we have left from the Butler trade is Culver and Malik.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#6 » by Calinks » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 am

I still think we got a good haul for Butler, those are two pretty good players with a little potential still with Saric.

Butler was a great player for this team, it's a guards game and he was about as good as you could get all-around. Sadly he didn't want to be here or something happened to make him not want to be here. He got to where he wants to be though and e's thriving right now.

Let's just hope the wolves can figure out a way to get to that level of success.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#7 » by King Malta » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 am

I'm so sick of this being re-litigated every post season.

We don't need a "Jimmy was right", "Jimmy Butler", "Jimmy isn't Satan", "I love Jimmy Butler why did we ever trade him" thread every 12 months. Butler didn't want to be here and made unreasonable demands to ensure that we had no choice but to move him.

I don't care whether things are working or not in Miami, they didn't work here. And as far as Teague, he was part of the problem. Moving Rubio to then pay Teague 17 mil a year to be an absolute bang average point guard was one of the worst decisions Thibs made.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#8 » by MN7725 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:57 am

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1620983

There's a thread for this kind of stuff
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#9 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:31 am

Okc got Shai, Danilo and 5 first round picks for Paul George.

The wolves could only get Roco, Dario, and one measly second round pick for Jimmy Butler.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#10 » by theGreatRC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 am

People forget history and it wasn't even that long ago.

He didn't want to be here. He's the one who made it a spectacle until he got traded. Actually, Thibs was the moron that refused to deal him so Jimmy went full diva mode.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#11 » by Jedzz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:38 am

King Malta wrote:I'm so sick of this being re-litigated every post season.

We don't need a "Jimmy was right", "Jimmy Butler", "Jimmy isn't Satan", "I love Jimmy Butler why did we ever trade him" thread every 12 months. Butler didn't want to be here and made unreasonable demands to ensure that we had no choice but to move him.

I don't care whether things are working or not in Miami, they didn't work here. And as far as Teague, he was part of the problem. Moving Rubio to then pay Teague 17 mil a year to be an absolute bang average point guard was one of the worst decisions Thibs made.

People are mad because once again the team shot it's own foot. I'm still mad about this. I'm still mad about the people that worked so hard to dismantle that team and gm/coach with thier incessant complaining during a winning season about everything Butler and Thibs.

Teague, as much as he was overpaid, wasn't the backbreaker. The team needed a mix of experience to win more and that's what they did. Wiggins' deal was was the backbreaker of all Butler futures here. Wiggin's getting max extended was just what many of those Butler haters wanted. Those that didn't like Butler taking Wiggins shots away, or taking final game shots. His Max deal reaffirmed Wiggin's future here and sucked all leverage to lead out of Butler's hands. It ruined all possibilties of building a better team around Butler with other players he would want added yet. We never heard anyone say...I was wrong. All they do is point to the aftereffects and result that had Butler begging to get out.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#12 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 am

Jimmy and KAT hated each other though

Butler recently sat down with Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports where he discussed his relationship with his former teammates as well as what wants for the Timberwolves organization.

"I still talk to some of the guys," said Butler. "I want them to be great."

"Like who Jimmy?" asked Haynes.

"Talk to Tyus, Wiggs a little bit, talk to Jeff (Teague), talk to Taj (Gibson).

Seems like he left out a certain name, eh? Heck, even Hayes noticed and asked Butler the same thing.

"I know. Ain't nothing wrong with that," said Butler. "I didn't say I talk to everybody.”

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#13 » by Mattya » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 am

Read on Twitter
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,704

Post#14 » by minimus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 am

They only thing that MIN and MIA as teams have in common is Butler.

MIN with Thibs:
0) KAT elite shooter and improving facilitator who was not involved in the offense as he should. on a rookie contract
1) old school PF who cant pass and cant shoot in Taj Gibson. Overpaid
2) declining Teague who cant pass, cant finish at the rim and is not willing to shoot 3s Massively overpaid
3) on ball scorer, high volume low-efficiency wing in Wiggins. Massively overpaid
4) ISO scorers Rose/JC
5) solid backup С in Dieng. Massively overpaid
6) an improving 3pt shooter Bjelica, who played out of position
7) HC with an outdated defensive scheme and non-existent, ISO heavy offense
8) young defensive-minded PG Tyus Jones who did not get enough opportunities. On a rookie contract
9) Aldrich big man who was never used. Massively overpaid

Current MIA:
0) Bam. NBA All-Defensive Second Team. Elite passer for big man, on a rookie contract
1) Robinson, Herro - two elite shooters on two rookie contracts
2) Nunn solid combo guard on a rookie contract
3) Dragic veteran combo guard who still impact the game
4) Crowder - solid veteran 3&D
5) Iggy - declining, but experienced veteran 3&D
6) two big men who can shoot 3pt in Leonard, Olynik
8) HC with a modern defensive scheme and modern pace and space offense
9) Derrick Jones, an elite athlete, rim runner.

As for Butler, he still an awful shooter, an unconvincing clutch ISO scorer. He is still THE SAME player. Some fans try to picture MIA success as Butler "magical influence". But the truth is that Riley, Spoelstra created a very solid foundation of talented young players on rookie contracts (Bam, Herro, Robinson, Nunn) AND solid veterans (Crowder, Iggy, Dragic, Olynik). And MIA have a plenty of cap space this offseason to bring a star. Financially and in terms of chemistry, they were well prepared before Butler trade.

Does it look like a mess that Thibs created with plenty of resources in MIN? He had Rubio on a good contract, LaVine, KAT, Wiggins, Tyus, Bjelica on rookie contracts, plenty of cap space and picks, total control over every decision in MIN.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#15 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 am

theGreatRC wrote:People forget history and it wasn't even that long ago.

He didn't want to be here. He's the one who made it a spectacle until he got traded. Actually, Thibs was the moron that refused to deal him so Jimmy went full diva mode.

Thibs realized how good he was and didn't want to trade him. That's not being a moron. By holding out he got better value than if he had just traded him for the crap offers that were originally made.
minimus
RealGM

Post#16 » by minimus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:35 am

KGdaBom wrote:

Thibs realized how good he was and didn't want to trade him. That's not being a moron. By holding out he got better value than if he had just traded him for the crap offers that were originally made.

1) So you are saying that Richardson, Adebayo and a protected future first-round pick are better than RoCo, Saric and SRP? Because Thibs wanted to unload Dieng contract which is a direct result of his management?

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that Riley extended a final offer of Richardson, Adebayo and a protected future first-round pick. One can assume that Riley did not want to accommodate Minnesota’s desire to get rid of Dieng’s $48 guaranteed left on their books or to part ways with additional draft picks.

https://clutchpoints.com/revisiting-the-miami-heats-failed-trade-offer-for-jimmy-butler/

2) Thibs messed up Butler situation because he SAW that Bulter did not want to play in MIN right after playoff series against HOU long BEFORE offseason start and he DID NOT DO ANYTHING. He lost time when OTHER teams had cap space, picks in offseason. There was no communication between players and FO. Because simple conversations with Butler, KAT could clarify the situation without wasting time and opportunities.

According to Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic, the warning signs began after the T-Wolves' first-round loss to the Houston Rockets. Rather than fly with the team back to Minnesota, he instead went to Los Angeles. He also refused to complete a medical exam that is usually part of exit interviews.

https://theathletic.com/546671/2018/09/25/tom-thibodeau-jimmy-butler-timberwolves-trade-request-media-day-bluff/
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#17 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 am

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

1) So you are saying that Richardson, Adebayo and a protected future first-round pick are better than RoCo, Saric and SRP? Because Thibs wanted to unload Dieng contract which is a direct result of his management?

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that Riley extended a final offer of Richardson, Adebayo and a protected future first-round pick. One can assume that Riley did not want to accommodate Minnesota’s desire to get rid of Dieng’s $48 guaranteed left on their books or to part ways with additional draft picks.

https://clutchpoints.com/revisiting-the-miami-heats-failed-trade-offer-for-jimmy-butler/

2) Thibs messed up Butler situation because he SAW that Bulter did not want to play in MIN right after playoff series against HOU long BEFORE offseason start and he DID NOT DO ANYTHING. He lost time when OTHER teams had cap space, picks in offseason. There was no communication between players and FO. Because simple conversations with Butler, KAT could clarify the situation without wasting time and opportunities.

According to Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic, the warning signs began after the T-Wolves' first-round loss to the Houston Rockets. Rather than fly with the team back to Minnesota, he instead went to Los Angeles. He also refused to complete a medical exam that is usually part of exit interviews.

https://theathletic.com/546671/2018/09/25/tom-thibodeau-jimmy-butler-timberwolves-trade-request-media-day-bluff/

I don't believe that offer was ever on the table. Even if it was RoCo and Saric to me was a better offer. Now with 20/20 hindsight and how good Bam has turned out that was the better offer if it was ever actually on the table.
minimus
RealGM

Post#18 » by minimus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Thibs realized how good he was and didn't want to trade him. That's not being a moron. By holding out he got better value than if he had just traded him for the crap offers that were originally made.

I don't believe that offer was ever on the table.

That is your problem. One year later MIA traded Josh Richardson, future first-round pick to get Butler. They paid that price to get RFA!

KGdaBom wrote:Even if it was RoCo and Saric to me was a better offer.

No comments. As I said before, after such ridiculous statements I will just put this topic in the list of topics I should not discuss with you.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#19 » by Domejandro » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:03 am

KGdaBom wrote:

100% if Butler is on the table during the off-season, Minnesota gets substantially more. Thibs was a complete moron with how he handled that situation. Bam was never on the table during the negotiations that were had, for the record.
minimus
RealGM

Post#20 » by minimus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 am

Also, Dragic shows how a veteran lead PG should play in the playoffs.

Meanwhile Teague
Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves