ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Blacklash2k4
Junior
And1: 245

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#621 » by Blacklash2k4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 am

Klaw22 wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:If Houston decides to move on from Harden, I'd look to try to acquire him, I think he'd work in our system. We have the elite defensive schemes to hide his defensive deficiencies and our offense is pretty much catered to a player like him. Harden would look amazing in Vanvleet's role on offense.

Raptors literally just need any elite isolation scorer to be title contenders again. And Harden showed this year he's willing to try on defense when he sets his mind to it. I think he would be a perfect addition. Hard to root for him but he's pretty good at basketball and the Raptors are strong where he's weak.

Harden is a underrated Defender. He's one of the best post Defender. Having Lowry and Harden would be the a abnormal backcourt..... Imagine the bootys all over the court. Sexiest backcourt in the league.

If Houston is willing to let go of their current roster to rebuild, there was a trade suggestion on a YouTube channel AM Hoops suggesting the following:

Rockets Receive: Kyle Lowry, OG, 2021 1st, 2023 1st & 2025 1st
Raptors Receive: Harden

Raptors will obtain a superstar in James Harden while maintaining cap space to entice Giannis to come to Toronto to win. We would have to replace Marc Gasol and Ibaka with min contracts, which might be possible given the chance to play with Harden and Siakam. Rockets get an amazing defensive player in OG (who they can extend) and 3 first round picks to build with. Rockets probably would trade Westbrook too if they're truly looking to demolish the roster and start over.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#622 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:
Trade:
Orlando in: Kyle Lowry
Toronto in: Terrence Ross, Markelle Fultz, Khem Birch

this is a horrible deal for us imo.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,548

Post#623 » by baller16 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 am

tecumseh18 wrote:Any interest in Jae Crowder? I think he's UFA this off-season - making 8 mill now.

I'm starting to be interested in other ways of spending the money earmarked for Freddy, especially since Kyle looks ageless. Chris Paul is a year older, and has many more miles on him. And he still seems to have a positive value.

Crowder strikes me as a guy who only plays well for contract year. He signed a 5 year deal in 2015, and look at his splits with the Cavs and Utah. He was straight up garbage.

His career FG and 3p%:

42 FG%
34 3P%

This season:

48 FG%
45 3P%

Yea this is the usual contract year anomaly we've seen with Carroll and Danny. No thanks
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,665

Post#624 » by Mattatron » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:59 am

If there's a chance to get a Lotto Pick, I would love to draft Devin Vassell. There's so much upside. Wing, can defend, has length, can shoot the 3, nice drive, and can create. I think he's a star in this league. So underrated, could be a steal for any franchise.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#625 » by casual_raps_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:17 am

Could Gasol be retained for the veterans minimum? That would be pretty sweet value.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#626 » by casual_raps_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:16 am

Can Ibaka be retained for a 1 year contract? Which teams with capspace would be interested in offering him a multiyear deal? If he doesn't want to sign a 1 year contract, maybe a s&t can be worked out?
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#627 » by Raptors_128 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm

If Kyle/Serge/Marc/Fred end up on the Clippers I’ll be pissed. You just know they’ll try to poach another Raptor.

Do not help that bum franchise.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#628 » by gerrit4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
Trade:

I can accept trading Kyle if we get some nice future pieces in return - I think it's time to start thinking about the next phase, and any future picks/young players would be a huge benefit.

But I'd rather keep Kyle, and enjoy one more season with him than give him up for some crummy package. Unless Masai/Bobby think Fultz is a future star, and will regain his mojo. I don't, but I've been wrong many times before.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,155

Post#629 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 pm

Raptors sign and trade FVV

Raptors get Shamet, Zubac ?
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,800

Post#630 » by ash_k » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
Trade:

Problem with those trades, we have to show respect to Kyle. You cant just send him to Orlando. We would have to send him to a contender/hometown.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#631 » by StopitLeo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Blacklash2k4 wrote:
Klaw22 wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:
Raptors literally just need any elite isolation scorer to be title contenders again. And Harden showed this year he's willing to try on defense when he sets his mind to it. I think he would be a perfect addition. Hard to root for him but he's pretty good at basketball and the Raptors are strong where he's weak.

Harden is a underrated Defender. He's one of the best post Defender. Having Lowry and Harden would be the a abnormal backcourt..... Imagine the bootys all over the court. Sexiest backcourt in the league.

If Houston is willing to let go of their current roster to rebuild, there was a trade suggestion on a YouTube channel AM Hoops suggesting the following:

Raptors will obtain a superstar in James Harden while maintaining cap space to entice Giannis to come to Toronto to win. We would have to replace Marc Gasol and Ibaka with min contracts, which might be possible given the chance to play with Harden and Siakam. Rockets get an amazing defensive player in OG (who they can extend) and 3 first round picks to build with. Rockets probably would trade Westbrook too if they're truly looking to demolish the roster and start over.

I don't think you can win a championship with Harden.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#632 » by Kingsway_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:22 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:Could Gasol be retained for the veterans minimum? That would be pretty sweet value.

1 dollar is too much... he is done....
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#633 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
Blacklash2k4 wrote:
Klaw22 wrote:

Its interesting because I think you can but only if you ditch the moreyball stuff.

It’s not like Harden was always like this if you can get him actually doing stuff off-ball and willing to add versatility to his game (like at OKC)

I think you very well could win with Harden on this team. But only if you play Raptors basketball not Rockets ball
StopitLeo
RealGM

Post#634 » by StopitLeo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

Its interesting because I think you can but only if you ditch the moreyball stuff.

It’s not like Harden was always like this if you can get him actually doing stuff off-ball and willing to add versatility to his game (like at OKC)

I think you very well could win with Harden on this team. But only if you play Raptors basketball not Rockets ball

I agree with you if Harden bought into the Raptors style of play. He'd have to drop his usage and bust his butt on defense. Maybe?
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#635 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:47 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

I agree with you if Harden bought into the Raptors style of play. He'd have to drop his usage and bust his butt on defense. Maybe?

Hardens defense is fine now for the most part, as long as he doesn’t have to fight through screens a lot I don’t think it’s much of hindrance on our team because we’d be fine with just switching.

But yeah drop the usage, more defensive effort and more in the tank at the end of games.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#636 » by Raptors_128 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:07 pm

Looks like the Bucks promised Giannis they’ll go out and get better players or players that fit better. Reports are saying that they don’t want to trade for CP3 now.

Do they have another way to improve? Who is even available for what they have to offer?
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#637 » by TheAlchemist » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Blacklash2k4 wrote:
Klaw22 wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:

I would want Harden to play next to Lowry.

So the other way would have to be someone else, and honestly, I am okay if that is Siakam.
StopitLeo
RealGM

Post#638 » by StopitLeo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:Looks like the Bucks promised Giannis they’ll go out and get better players or players that fit better. Reports are saying that they don’t want to trade for CP3 now.

Do they have another way to improve? Who is even available for what they have to offer?

Which reports? Can you share a source?

The Bucks need a real point guard so I don't see why they wouldn't want to trade for CP3, regardless of his contract.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#639 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:Looks like the Bucks promised Giannis they’ll go out and get better players or players that fit better. Reports are saying that they don’t want to trade for CP3 now.

Which reports? Can you share a source?

The Bucks need a real point guard so I don't see why they wouldn't want to trade for CP3, regardless of his contract.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#640 » by nabbs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:55 pm

WIth the news of Marc considering Europe, I think that's a lock to happen. It makes sense. Unless he really really wants another ring or would love to finish his career in Toronto, there is no incentive to stay in the NBA. He can live a better life with his family in Spain while still making good money

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,

Return to Toronto Raptors