ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Fire Doc Rivers thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Re: Official Fire Doc Rivers thread 

Post#241 » by MartinRiggs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:02 am

Doc has lost 4-3 in 08/09,09/10,11/12,14/15,16/17,19/20.

Maybe the curse is not on the Clippers but...
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#242 » by donemilio21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 am

Does Ballmer have no balls? How is Doc not fired yet??
I said it. He should have been fired after game 5 loss to Mavs.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 917

Post#243 » by NickP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 am

The team was not prepared and had no sense of urgency. That's on Doc. Period.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#244 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:46 am

I've never had any horrible complaints about Doc Rivers and have generally liked him, but someone may have to fall on the sword for this debacle.

In 2015, when we lost Game 5 to Houston in that excruciating, toenail-pulling, fingernails-scratching-on-chalkboard, Chinese-water-drop-torture 4th quarter, I think most of the people on this board had a deep sinking feeling that we were going to lose the series even though we were up 3-2 (that's what I felt at least.)

This year, pretty sure we all thought we were still gonna win after Game 5. Which makes this year somehow arguably WORSE than 2015, which was probably the most depressing sports experiences I have ever had.

(Most depressing as opposed to flat out worst sports experience, which was actually the 2006/7 Charger Patriots playoff game where Marlon McCree intercepted a 4th down Tom Brady pass which would have likely secured the win, but fumbled the ball back to the Patriots, giving them a 1st down in a game they eventually won.)
Jeffroxyx
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#245 » by Jeffroxyx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:38 am

NickP wrote:The team was not prepared and had no sense of urgency. That's on Doc. Period.

Doc was given the keys to a Ferrari and assumed the win was his. Two superstars does not guarantee a win. It may guarantee the end of your coaching career in LA however.
Jeffroxyx
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#246 » by Jeffroxyx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:40 am

donemilio21 wrote:Does Ballmer have no balls? How is Doc not fired yet??

Ballmer knows how to run Microsoft. An NBA team is not so easy. You can't just CTRL ALT DEL the season.
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#247 » by MartinRiggs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:43 am

Excuses are coming fast. Now they couldn't play for 3 minutes and wanted rest. :crazy:
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,096

Post#248 » by LamarWho » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:04 am

Jeffroxyx wrote:

Ballmer knows how to run Microsoft. An NBA team is not so easy. You can't just CTRL ALT DEL the season.

No he doesn't. He was one of the worst CEO in the tech industry. He was clueless and lacked vision. But that's irrelevant now, he owns a sports team, not running a tech company.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#249 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 am

LamarWho wrote:
Jeffroxyx wrote:

No he doesn't. He was one of the worst CEO in the tech industry. He was clueless and lacked vision. But that's irrelevant now, he owns a sports team, not running a tech company.

he has charm, luck... but he probably is the worst CEO
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#250 » by kombayn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 am

Since we don't have NBA games tomorrow, it would be a good time once they fly back and have exit interviews that they cut ties with Doc Rivers even if it has to be a mutual agreement etc. I don't expect the players to go to bat for Doc Rivers. I do think Pat Beverly is gone as he's worn out his welcome here, Lou will probably stay but with his $8 million contract could be parlayed with another to bring in a piece. I'm torn on Montrez Harrell but I don't see us not bringing him back, that would be dumb. I do think JaMychel Green will be gone because of money and Marcus Morris unless we can get a sign-and-trade, bye. I want Paul George out of here, but I think my mind will calm down a bit. It may be smart to have PG play Small Forward and move Kawhi to Power Forward. Go a little small.
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#251 » by MartinRiggs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:00 am

Several Los Angeles Clippers players asked out of the fourth quarter of their game 7 loss to the Denver Nuggets due to fatigue, sources told Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated.

Players reportedly struggled to play more than three minutes at a time. :noway: :nonono:

And whoose job is to prepare players so they can actually play.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,829

Post#252 » by SK21209 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 am

madmaxmedia wrote:I've never had any horrible complaints about Doc Rivers and have generally liked him, but someone may have to fall on the sword for this debacle.

In 2015, when we lost Game 5 to Houston in that excruciating, toenail-pulling, fingernails-scratching-on-chalkboard, Chinese-water-drop-torture 4th quarter, I think most of the people on this board had a deep sinking feeling that we were going to lose the series even though we were up 3-2 (that's what I felt at least.)

This year, pretty sure we all thought we were still gonna win after Game 5. Which makes this year somehow arguably WORSE than 2015, which was probably the most depressing sports experiences I have ever had.

(Most depressing as opposed to flat out worst sports experience, which was actually the 2006/7 Charger Patriots playoff game where Marlon McCree intercepted a 4th down Tom Brady pass which would have likely secured the win, but fumbled the ball back to the Patriots, giving them a 1st down in a game they eventually won.)

That 2007 Chargers loss was just excruciating, they were absolutely the best team in the league.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#253 » by Max Headrom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:02 am

Nate McMillian please
Rakkasan
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#254 » by Rakkasan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 pm

This should be called the "Clipper's Fan's Official ExcuseThread". Doc definitely has to answer for his decisions, but you don't get to a game seven and have a 2pt lead at halftime, choke the second half and blame the coach. With all these posts, no one wants to mention the real reason why the Clips lost, THEY CHOKED. Kawhi and Pandemic P came out and choked in the second half, most of their shot weren't even close to going in, and the rest of the team followed suit. You are not going to win a game 7 when your two max salary players make only 2 baskets combined in the second half, don't score a point in the 4th quarter, and the team misses it's first 11 shots to start the 4th quarter. There is no coaching in the world that can make your two max players not choke under pressure!
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#255 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:32 pm

NickP wrote:The team was not prepared and had no sense of urgency. That's on Doc. Period.

lol.

Team probably like....

This aint the real year. This the warm up year.
Next year is when it matters. Next year is when it counts.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#256 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:34 pm

Rakkasan wrote:This should be called the "Clipper's Fan's Official ExcuseThread". Doc definitely has to answer for his decisions, but you don't get to a game seven and have a 2pt lead at halftime, choke the second half and blame the coach. With all these posts, no one wants to mention the real reason why the Clips lost, THEY CHOKED. Kawhi and Pandemic P came out and choked in the second half, most of their shot weren't even close to going in, and the rest of the team followed suit. You are not going to win a game 7 when your two max salary players make only 2 baskets combined in the second half, don't score a point in the 4th quarter, and the team misses it's first 11 shots to start the 4th quarter. There is no coaching in the world that can make your two max players not choke under pressure!

Please go to Page 1 of the OP and check the date.

Further, everybody here has been critical of the team’s play here.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Tudalop
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#257 » by Tudalop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:13 pm

Isn't he fired yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#258 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Tudalop wrote:Isn't he fired yet?

The fact that he isn't yet is a sad commentary on how much this franchise truly cares about winning.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,221

Post#259 » by Clemenza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Rakkasan wrote:This should be called the "Clipper's Fan's Official ExcuseThread". Doc definitely has to answer for his decisions, but you don't get to a game seven and have a 2pt lead at halftime, choke the second half and blame the coach. With all these posts, no one wants to mention the real reason why the Clips lost, THEY CHOKED. Kawhi and Pandemic P came out and choked in the second half, most of their shot weren't even close to going in, and the rest of the team followed suit. You are not going to win a game 7 when your two max salary players make only 2 baskets combined in the second half, don't score a point in the 4th quarter, and the team misses it's first 11 shots to start the 4th quarter. There is no coaching in the world that can make your two max players not choke under pressure!

Bro we've been talking about firing Doc since the first 3-1 choke job four years ago against Houston in the playoffs. And as for this series it was lost in games 5 & 6 which Doc had a huge hand in by not making any adjustments whatsoever.. last nights game 7 was just a formality. How are you a Celtics fan and not know that the team underachieved when Doc was the coach there? Celtic fans rip Doc way worse than we ever will
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,789

Post#260 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 pm

If a superstar has a bad close out game that’s on him. If the entire team plays without urgency or cohesion and give up double digit leads in 3 close out comes and go on the lose the series that’s on the coach.

I am with you Clippers fans, Doc needs to go, and it needs to happen now. He’s a good motivator but he’s not nearly tactical enough to win out in a 7 game series. The NBA is all about ball movements, cuts to the basket and kick out wide open 3’s. Clips have all the talent but no chemistry whatsoever and that’s on doc.

New coach, a few player adjustments and it’s 2021 championship for the Clips. But my god Doc has to go and it can’t wait another season. The window for this team is right now, and next season youll have GSW back, improved Nuggets, Lakers, Jazz and Mavs. Not to mention Celtics Heat and Brooklyn coming out East.

As a Raps fan I know the pain your feeling underachieving year after year. No need to waste another season - Steve Balmer, fire doc now or forever hold your peace.
Go Raps!!

Return to Los Angeles Clippers