0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Heck yeah
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Re: Giannis Thread - Met with ownership pg 6 

Post#342 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Yeah thats what I'm saying, we could've matched him (and lose a draft pick) or matched any other FA's price
If we had $21m to spend why get Brogdon?

I am almost certain that we could NOT sign any other FA , cause we didn't have the cap space. We could only match Brogdon over the cap using the "Bird Rights" cap rule.

Look if we had a 21M trade exception we could have use it in the trade period last season, or use it on this upcoming Free Agency. That TPE only could help us alot now, its like losing 20M of cap space for nothing , cause you were lazy and wrong calculating your cap numbers. I am not sure how someone doesn't lose his job being so slappy, in any job. I mean its your main job and responsibility... jc
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#343 » by Cooleyo47 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 am

I’d like to believe that, in some strange way, Denver eliminating the LA superstars in the 2nd round provides Giannis some solace.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#344 » by tydett » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 am

Cooleyo47 wrote:I’d like to believe that, in some strange way, Denver eliminating the LA superstars in the 2nd round provides Giannis some solace.

I think it just goes to show that this has been a really weird season and post season. Barring a lockout next year or a lack of inoculation against the virus, we may start to see a return to normalcy next year and won't ever have something like this again. Good riddance. What happened in the bubble should stay in the bubble.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#345 » by Lippo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:In last year's ECF, Brogdon went 1/12 on second-half 3's, all of which were open or wide open - he was 1/9 in the four losses and didn't make one in any of those 4th quarters. His overall second-half FG% in the ECF was 34%.

Malcolm is a good player. The Bucks would be better w/ him. But I'm amazed at the pedestal he gets placed on sometimes, especially the reputation as some super clutch playoff performer.

This , 100%

And he didn’t want to be here.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,795

Post#346 » by fansinceforever » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 am

Would love to see the evidence for Malcolm Brogdon saying he doesn't want to play in Milwaukee. The guy is as professional as it gets.

I've heard his opinions about Milwaukee. It isnt like Indianapolis is a beacon of social change.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#347 » by Plossum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 am

Lippo wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:In last year's ECF, Brogdon went 1/12 on second-half 3's, all of which were open or wide open - he was 1/9 in the four losses and didn't make one in any of those 4th quarters. His overall second-half FG% in the ECF was 34%.

Malcolm is a good player. The Bucks would be better w/ him. But I'm amazed at the pedestal he gets placed on sometimes, especially the reputation as some super clutch playoff performer.

This , 100%

Brogs was good for Indy too this year but not amazing as some try to make out. He benefitted from higher usage but was still largely the same guy as on the Bucks. He would’ve made us better this year but not enough to beat Miami.
#LockUpChuck
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#348 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 am

fansinceforever wrote:Would love to see the evidence for Malcolm Brogdon saying he doesn't want to play in Milwaukee. The guy is as professional as it gets.

I've heard his opinions about Milwaukee. It isnt like Indianapolis is a beacon of social change.

Basketball reasons, he got a much bigger role in Indy.
I really don't understand all this city crap and I seriously doubt if anyone actually thinks like that, people go to work in warzones and oil rigs for $100k
Maybe a vet who's already made his money might have a strong preference on cities, but everybody else knows that a basketball career is short, you go where you get paid and have the best chance to show your talents and grow as a player.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#349 » by blazza18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 am

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I thought this was going to be a farewell tweet.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#350 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:05 am

blazza18 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

does he mean he's signing? or what?
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#351 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:51 am

Plossum wrote:
Lippo wrote:

This , 100%

Brogs was good for Indy too this year but not amazing as some try to make out. He benefitted from higher usage but was still largely the same guy as on the Bucks. He would’ve made us better this year but not enough to beat Miami.

I guess its time to remind you, that besides Brogdon's D and Shooting, we miss his playmaking. He was our only ballhandler that could feed a Big Man Rolling , he was finding angles to get the ball to the bigs. You cannot forget how well he fed Monroe and Thon. The guy has the BBIQ of CP3 but his handles and speed are inferior. Having said that, he was still effective with his skill set, he had good hesi moves and finishes strong or create for others. By all means he is Not a Top Tier PG but he was a good fit for the Bucks
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#352 » by Prez » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:00 am

Brogdon had the BBIQ of CP3? Jesus the revisionist history with him is just absurd lmao. The guy routinely had tunnel vision as a slasher, didn’t pass to Giannis in transition, and didn’t take jumpers unless they were completely wide open. He was a very good player for the Bucks and certainly would’ve helped against Miami but some of this stuff is just getting silly.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#353 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 am

The reason Brogdon isn't a Buck right now is because when he was a Buck he wasn't good at point guard, at basically any point from Kidd to Bud.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#354 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 am

Thats what I said. Brog was not a top tier PG.
But he had the experience and the size and some skills we needed against Miami. People can't say that he wouldn't help us win the Miami Series with him. Its like covering a crime.
higharc
Junior
And1: 225

Post#355 » by higharc » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 am

Prez wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:Our only win against Miami came from Giannis scoring 19p in 11 minutes, Miami relaxing like everything was over when he went down and Khris making contested shot after contested shot to close out the game. Next game without Giannis we were so bad on offense that Giannis bullying 3 players seemed like a top tier offense in our minds.

The only way for the Bucks to look like contenders is Giannis playing his game which is attacking the paint and the missmatches at the post and kicking out for wide open shots even from average shooters.

Look man you can try to twist this any way you want to but the reality is they won their only game that series with Giannis playing 11 minutes and not playing at all in the entire 2nd half and OT. And they followed it up with a competitive loss in game 5, showing that them hanging with Miami in game 4 without Giannis wasn’t a fluke. For a supposed “trash” supporting cast, that wouldn’t have happened.
Giannis shooting midrangers and 3s should only be the cherry at the top and not the solution against the wall tactic. The supporting cast and the coach should try to find a way to punish this defense otherwise we have no hope unless Giannis magically learns to shoot and does everything by himself.

You make it seem like we’re asking him to travel through time or something. Asking your back to back MVP and top 5 player in the world to be able to reliably score outside 6 feet and make smart decisions and not have his production/efficiency dramatically fall off against elite half court defense isn’t that unreasonable at all.

I read this a different way.
Sure Giannis has to develop (I already had a post saying that).
But if you have a supporting cast with the ability to keep up with the Heat, it should be easy to elevate into winning with the addition of Giannis. Even if he only adds some possessions with his defense and rebounding.
This is why the majority of the blame goes to Bud after the dud of Game 1. Just make the adjustment man...

As far as the Brogdon matter is concerned, I don't think he is the x-factor that wins a championship. Maybe win an extra playoff game in this series, but nothing more.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#356 » by BUCKnation » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:20 am

He was garbage in 3/4 heat games this year too, in obviously a larger role though.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#357 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 am

Some obvious facts:
Bucks were the best team until March.
Bucks played much worse in the bubble and in the play-offs.
There was no good answer for the defensive wall against Giannis (again).
Giannis missed too many FT’s (again).
Giannis made too many stupid fauls.
Other Bucks didn’t make enough open 3’s (again).
Giannis was not going to ask for a trade after this performance.
Bucks will never trade him, unless he gets injured before the 2021 trade deadline and he wants a trade.

I don’t think he will sign a supermax multi year deal. Never thought he would. He already earned so much more money than he could ever imagine. And he will do well from now on. He wants control about his future. So I think he will sign 2/1 deals from now on, until he is in his 30’s.

Giannis knows he has to improve. But the team has to improve as well. They have to be better prepared for the play-offs.
Owners, Horst and Giannis need to talk with coach Bud and ask what he will do to avoid a 3rd deception in a row. And also talk with the other members of the coaching if they would have done different things. Maybe we have our Nick Nurse as one of our assistents.

I don’t think the Bucks have much options to clearly improve the team. I believe we have to gamble on CP3. He is available for a trade, he proved he can still perform and he wants to join Giannis and the Bucks. I predicted CP3 to play for the Bucks one day 4 or 5 years ago. Time is ticking. Make it happen.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#358 » by machu46 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:57 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

does he mean he's signing? or what?

I wouldn't assume that. Just another positive thing he's saying about Milwaukee (and further confirmation he at least wants to be here for next season).
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#359 » by machu46 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm

https://theathletic.com/2068772/2020/09/16/inside-the-meeting-that-set-the-table-for-whats-next-for-giannis-and-the-bucks/?source=emp_shared_article

Some more details on the Lasry-Giannis meeting. I'll update with notes after I finish reading

- Says Lasry always meet with Horst and Bud in Milwaukee after the season and always asks Giannis if he wants to meet up while he's in town.
    - Meeting was at Giannis' home and included Alex Lasry, Thanasis, and Alex Saratsis in addition to the already known Giannis and Marc Lasry.
    - Can't talk contract yet but all parties left the meeting "in good spirits with a sense of synergy"
    - Both sides have a "high level of trust" in each other's word
    - If Giannis says he'll sign the supermax, they'll celebrate. If he says he wants to hit free agency and has no idea if he'd come back or not, they'll have to consider trading him. If he says he wants to hit free agency but Milwaukee is the leader in the clubhouse, they won't trade him.
    - "A source with knowledge of the Bucks' perspective" says they've had confidence for a long time now that Giannis will sign the supermax
    - Sources say the Bucks were far more concerned with the players' shooting than they are with the wall defense itself, both in terms of percentage as well as hesitancy to shoot after "letting it fly" all season.
    - Specifically singles out Bledsoe as part of the problem due to his inability to create off the dribble and inability to hit shots
    - "Sources with knowledge of ownerships' thinking" say it's highly unlikely that the Bucks will pursue Chris Paul due to both his contract as well as viewing his personality as a mismatch with Giannis' alpha dog personality. "All indications are the Bucks will look elsewhere".
    - "Budenholzer is safe, but the questions surrounding his team’s postseason collapse will remain at the forefront."
    - Sources say Bud has finally realized that he needs to play guys like Giannis heavier minutes and says the plan in Game 4 (and moving forwards) before Giannis' re-injury was to play him a ton.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#360 » by tydett » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:03 pm

I do have to be skeptical of an article that claims "After each season, Lasry goes to meet with Horst and Mike Budenholzer", when Bud has been coach here for one year...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks