Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#121 » by drosereturn » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:04 pm

rtblues wrote:
Dominater wrote:
rtblues wrote:My problem with trading Lauri now is they'd be "selling low", yet it's a conundrum since waiting for him to get better is also a risk, and if he does, then he'll want to get paid. Important decision going forward. Only thing I'll say about him in this current situation, it would be very interesting to see what Markkanen could do, with a true distributor on the team, an actual PG, and secondly how a new coach will impact his play. Which is why I'm very much okay with drafting/trading for a PG with the traditional passing skills of a PG.

They can put any player at the 1 and call him a PG, but the reality always comes through. This much seems fair to say, Zach ain't a PG, and neither is Coby White. Sato? He's had enough of an opportunity to show us that he's not really a true PG , or one that makes the others around him better.

Regarding the coaching change, should it result in Lauri having a resurgence, that would sort of seem to validate the "Boylen messed him up" narrative, although there can never be any concrete correlation to absolutely prove it. Unless, of course, Lauri were to improve and when asked about it, come out and say that "it's been the coaching change". Yeah, how cool would that be? :-)

Well, he was good as a rookie under Hoiberg. And lest we forget, thats the only time he played under Hoiberg. Remember at the start of year 2 both Lauri and Dunn were on the injured list, and Pax pulled a shady move by replacing Fred with Boylen immediately before Lauri/Dunns return so that Fred didn't have a chance to improve with a better roster, while Boylen would be starting with a full deck from day 1.

Some of his decline is most definitely ocaching

I was put off by Lauri when time and time again he was bullied down low, or failed to dominate against mismatches himself.
I'm sure what you're saying about Boylen has some validity, but there's also just some personal pride and effort that was questionable last season. It certainly casts doubts on him at the 5, or even at the 4! He also just doesn't fill up the stat sheet either. I hope that even the Lauri supporters can admit that he had disappointing season, putting it kindly.

About his rookie year under Hoiberg, yes and perhaps he was in a better position at the time to succeed, and fast-forward later to a couple of years later and there is scouting on him that there wasn't his rookie season, so teams were able to game-plan against him and the things he does well, or not so well.

18/9 is filling up the stat sheet tho. He would have exceeded this number had Hoiberg gave him the 1st option with motion offense.
And plz dont forget he was drafted as a generational shooter. He is easily the type of guy that can avg 45/40/90 for the rest of his career on decent volume playing with a goat talent in Doncic. My concern for him is he needs better players around him to unleash his Dirk lite flashes everyone witnessed. Name players that can go toe to toe with unicorn Porzingod bc theres only a handful.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#122 » by Dez » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 am

drosereturn wrote:
rtblues wrote:
Dominater wrote:Well, he was good as a rookie under Hoiberg. And lest we forget, thats the only time he played under Hoiberg. Remember at the start of year 2 both Lauri and Dunn were on the injured list, and Pax pulled a shady move by replacing Fred with Boylen immediately before Lauri/Dunns return so that Fred didn't have a chance to improve with a better roster, while Boylen would be starting with a full deck from day 1.

Some of his decline is most definitely ocaching

I was put off by Lauri when time and time again he was bullied down low, or failed to dominate against mismatches himself.
I'm sure what you're saying about Boylen has some validity, but there's also just some personal pride and effort that was questionable last season. It certainly casts doubts on him at the 5, or even at the 4! He also just doesn't fill up the stat sheet either. I hope that even the Lauri supporters can admit that he had disappointing season, putting it kindly.

About his rookie year under Hoiberg, yes and perhaps he was in a better position at the time to succeed, and fast-forward later to a couple of years later and there is scouting on him that there wasn't his rookie season, so teams were able to game-plan against him and the things he does well, or not so well.

18/9 is filling up the stat sheet tho. He would have exceeded this number had Hoiberg gave him the 1st option with motion offense.
And plz dont forget he was drafted as a generational shooter. He is easily the type of guy that can avg 45/40/90 for the rest of his career on decent volume playing with a goat talent in Doncic. My concern for him is he needs better players around him to unleash his Dirk lite flashes everyone witnessed. Name players that can go toe to toe with unicorn Porzingod bc theres only a handful.

My God do you actually believe the tripe you put out?

Lauri can't score on smaller guards in the post.

Lauri can't create his own offense.

Lauri barely moves off ball.

Lauri spent this season bricking an extraordinary amount of open shots.

Lauri isn't a generational anything and was NEVER touted as such.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#123 » by Onibuh » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:09 am

I'd look to trade Thad Young, Otto or Sato. I'd be willing to let them go without that much compensation. Felicio as expiering could be worth a bit more than taking back longterm salary.
I'd listen to offers for Lauri and Carter. Both are not close to being the next core guys. At least not for me. Don't trade them just for the sake of Change or something to happen.

Some of those ideas make no sense. Take John Walls contract while giving up Lauri for Hachimura? Really? Trade up in this uncertain draft? Why?
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#124 » by gobullschi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:08 pm

Lauri Markkanen for Lonzo Ball

Always thought a Lonzo/LaVine backcourt was an ideal pairing because Lonzo is elite on defense and can run the offense. Bulls can draft Toppin or Okongwu at 4.

Lonzo Ball / Coby White
Zach LaVine / Tomas Satoransky
Otto Porter Jr. / Chandler Hutchison
Obi Toppin / Thaddeus Young
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford

I’m still in favor of a OPJ + Sato for Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle, & #21

TH gives Bulls flexibility to take Deni or one of the top PF.

Lonzo Ball / Coby White
Zach LaVine / Matisse Thybulle
Deni Avidja / Chandler Hutchison
Tobias Harris / Thaddeus Young / #21
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#125 » by chefo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:56 pm

CP and Steven Adams for Otto, Zach and Shrek/Thad/Sato/Filler. Maybe get a third team involved to take Thad/Sato and send an expiring to OKC. Maybe the Bulls just eat the salary. Throw a lottery protected first, but preferably a couple of seconds.

Saves the Thunder a bunch of $ over the years, gets them a young, high scoring guard on a good deal (Zach) and an extra asset.

The Bulls give the wing reigns to Coby and focus on developing the young bigs. Coby and WCJ should be exalted to get to play with CP3, even in his old age. I can think of Adams as a good, yet useful and young mentor like Rolo who plays 20 min/game.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#126 » by sco » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 pm

chefo wrote:CP and Steven Adams for Otto, Zach and Shrek/Thad/Sato/Filler. Maybe get a third team involved to take Thad/Sato and send an expiring to OKC. Maybe the Bulls just eat the salary. Throw a lottery protected first, but preferably a couple of seconds.

Saves the Thunder a bunch of $ over the years, gets them a young, high scoring guard on a good deal (Zach) and an extra asset.

The Bulls give the wing reigns to Coby and focus on developing the young bigs. Coby and WCJ should be exalted to get to play with CP3, even in his old age. I can think of Adams as a good, yet useful and young mentor like Rolo who plays 20 min/game.

Not a fan of signing up to CP, who, IMO, only looked good this season because it was cut short. I'd rather take a chance on Otto's future durability. Also, I get that folks hate Zach, but that's a poor return for him.

I'm fine doing a deal for Adams. I love the guy, but he shouldn't cost much to get via trade.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#127 » by gobullschi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 pm

chefo wrote:CP and Steven Adams for Otto, Zach and Shrek/Thad/Sato/Filler. Maybe get a third team involved to take Thad/Sato and send an expiring to OKC. Maybe the Bulls just eat the salary. Throw a lottery protected first, but preferably a couple of seconds.

What? So the Bulls trade their best player to take on a 35 year old Chris Paul making 40 million dollars to “mentor” our guys?

Then add Adams when we already have WCJ and Gafford at center!?!? AND the Bulls throw in a 1st round pick? GTFO

This isn’t close at all.
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 979

Post#128 » by Chicagoat » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 pm

Chris Paul is too pricey for a vet mentor.

Just sign some journeyman PG vet like Lin for the minimum. Or any other good locker presence that will keep the energy from dropping.
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#129 » by JohnnyTapwater » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Chris Paul would make Lauri and WCJ so good... Coby would level up... Zach would finally get respect...

contract-conscious fans heads would explode in unison...
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 979

Post#130 » by Chicagoat » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:41 pm

Chris Paul isn't gonna let the Thunder trade him to the Bulls. He wants to win a ring, he would rather go somewhere like Philly or Milwaukee.

Edit:Grammar
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,948

Post#131 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 am

For all the Herro haters. He says hello.
12,11,9 with stellar D and big mins in crunch time.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,948

Post#132 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 am

JohnnyTapwater wrote:Chris Paul would make Lauri and WCJ so good... Coby would level up... Zach would finally get respect...

I asked for him all season for OPJ for all the reasons above.

That shop has sailed IMO. Ring chasing now. I fully expect him to be injured a lot for the rest of his next two years.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#133 » by sco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:57 am

Chi town wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:Chris Paul would make Lauri and WCJ so good... Coby would level up... Zach would finally get respect...

I asked for him all season for OPJ for all the reasons above.

That shop has sailed IMO. Ring chasing now. I fully expect him to be injured a lot for the rest of his next two years.

IMO, guys over 30 looked artificially good this season because the season stopped before they got injured (or fatigued) and essentially gave then an extra off-season to recuperate before the bubble games. I thing guys like CP3 are being overvalued right now.
:clap:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#134 » by FriedRise » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 pm

How many 2nd round picks can we get from our #4 this year?

AK can find and turn those guys into superstars.
ArmTriangle
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#135 » by ArmTriangle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm

FriedRise wrote:How many 2nd round picks can we get from our #4 this year?

This Denver team makes me confident that we are in good hands with AK. I assume if he doesn't see a player worth the #4 pick that he'll look to trade down. If he selects someone at #4, I expect that player will be a high contributor. He has my full trust at this point.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#136 » by LateNight » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Here's an open-ended proposition I've been thinking about a lot.

Lauri to Boston for Pick 14 and 26.

Reasons To Make the Trade:
-Lauri contract question is off the books
-Team can add some combo of Nesmith/Vessell/Green/Hampton (14) and Paul Reed/Patrick Williams/Saddiq Bey (26) while still picking whoever they believe to be BPA from Top 5

Reasons NOT To Make The Trade:
-Lauri may potentially have the most upside of any of these prospects
-Too much young talent that needs developing

Here are my basic questions:
-Is that selling too low?
-Does Boston say no? If so, why?
-Are we wasting an asset (Lauri) that could be better used in a consolidation trade?
-Are these roster spots better used on veteran/short term signings?
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#137 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:28 pm

I assume the ideal teams would be Boston or OKC if that was a serious option.

Any other teams with an abundance of extra picks?
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#138 » by JohnnyTapwater » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 pm

LateNight wrote:Here's an open-ended proposition I've been thinking about a lot.

-Team can add some combo of Nesmith/Vessell/Green/Hampton (14) and Paul Reed/Patrick Williams/Saddiq Bey (26) while still picking whoever they believe to be BPA from Top 5

-Are we wasting an asset (Lauri) that could be better used in a consolidation trade?

I like this line of thinking...but I would LOVE if they'd expect WCJ instead.

I just have a feeling about Lauri.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by drosereturn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 pm

ArmTriangle wrote:

This Denver team makes me confident that we are in good hands with AK. I assume if he doesn't see a player worth the #4 pick that he'll look to trade down. If he selects someone at #4, I expect that player will be a high contributor. He has my full trust at this point.

He wanted a top 3 pick this yr so pretty evident he thinks one of Ball, Edwards, whoever is a star and will trade down if he doesnt get that prospect. Highly unikely Deni and Hayes is top of his wishlist bc they aint going top 3. Looking at history, he has done better with worse picks so I would encourage him to buy multiple frps and 2nd rounders even if it might cost some money.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant

Post#140 » by drosereturn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:
LateNight wrote:Here's an open-ended proposition I've been thinking about a lot.

I like this line of thinking...but I would LOVE if they'd expect WCJ instead.

I just have a feeling about Lauri.

Value is off and they arent playing Tatum and Lauri together. The only player Boston is interested is Carter and they will offer similar deal if he is available. I think a top 10 is minimum plus possibly Cam.

Return to Chicago Bulls