ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Re: Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back 

Post#21 » by Vlade Divac » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Love Kawhi, but it was funny watching the Clippers crash and burn.

Same here. I was rooting for Denver almost the same like i always root for Raps. Than was great. Now on to the next one - LAL losing.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Re: Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back 

Post#22 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:10 pm

You're on a forum that has to do with competition and you're talking about being grateful? The guy didn't give the Raptors anything.

He played for himself and the Raptors helped him win a championship as much as he helped the Raptors as those who couldn't see it last year can now. Leonard is lucky he ended up on the Raptors or he would not have won a championship. There's a good chance he may have reinjured his leg somewhere else.

Glad he lost. Go Raps go!
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#23 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm

Mikistan wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:Damn yo yes he helped us win a championship. Don't dickride his nuts too hard though geez

This is the same fanbase begging to the corpse of Vince carter to comeback after his unceremoneous exit

What do you expect

lmao. so true. some people just can't move on with their lives.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#24 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:You're on a forum that has to do with competition and you're talking about being grateful? The guy didn't give the Raptors anything. He played for himself and the Raptors helped him win a championship ad much as he helped the Raptors as those who couldn't see it last year can now. Leonard is lucky he ended up on the Raptors or he would not have won a championship. There's a good chance he may have reinjured his leg somewhere else.

Glad he lost. Go Raps go!

remember that he used the Raptors as leverage to get PG to LA as well, with 0 intentions of staying with the Raptors.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#25 » by Raptaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 pm

lol funny how much hate people hold in their hearts for someone they dont know personally.

i wonder how those same people react when someone takes their parking spot or their lunch.

LOL
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#26 » by Ackshun » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm

They don't call us the screw face capital for nothing.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#27 » by C Court » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm

I respect Kawhi. I would welcome him back. And I am happy the Clippers lost.

All those can be true at the same time.

F*** the Clippers. F*** Ballmer.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#28 » by Yosemite Dan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:22 pm

And the team deserved respect from him just as much. They treated him like gold and introduced load management where he got 22 games off even though it might have affected our seeding where we might not have had home court advantage for the 2nd round and that would have made it harder to beat the 76ers who we barely squeaked by with home court.

And he never intended to come back so at least he could have been straight with us instead of using us as leverage with the Clippers and requesting all these insane demands. Respect goes both ways.
IceMan122515
Junior
And1: 270

Post#29 » by IceMan122515 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Raptaz wrote:lol funny how much hate people hold in their hearts for someone they dont know personally.

i wonder how those same people react when someone takes their parking spot or their lunch.

LOL

It's not hate. All Raptor fans understand how important he was to the team. What most are sick and tired of, is the disrespect the rest of the guys get.

This is why most raptor fans are happy with the Clippers losing. Finally can say well I guess you need the rest of those guys after all.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#30 » by wtcantfw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Its not about hate. It's about reversing the narrative that we only won last year because of Kawhi. I love Kawhi as a player, but ultimately him winning a chip this year would have cemented the notion that the TORONTO RAPTORS team didn't deserve the 2019 title. With the Clippers losing, with a more talented team no less, the rest of our championship team gets its vindication.

So to that I say: Cry me a river, Clips in 6.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#31 » by will » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Berserk_Raptor wrote:Had to make this thread because I saw a lot of you being ungrateful. Have you forgotten he won us the title and how hard the road to the finals was last year?
The guy deserves his jersey in the rafters and of course this organization would welcome him with arms wide open.

I dont care if he had a lot of demands and whims to sign with us, hes effing Kawhi Leonard, an effing superstar, you got it??!!! He's entitled to demand anything he wants, have you forgotten how much money the organization made off the championship??

I dont know if Clippers medical staff is as good as the raps' but hopefully Kawhi realizes he had great treatments during his tenure with us, and if he ever wants to come back, good for him.

Nah, son. You have underestimated the pettiness of the Raptors fanbase.

And have some e-respect for yourself. Sheesh. You building up Kawhi like he was the ONLY reason the Raps won the 'chip. He had a fantastic supporting cast, and the Raptors had a great #1 guy.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#32 » by Chandan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 pm

kawhi probably thought he was going to cruise thru denver and already looking ahead at Lebron and Giannas. Lowry wouldn't have let him do that here.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#33 » by xAIRNESSx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Kawhi ain't coming back, so you can put those dreams to rest.

And of course he has the fanbase's love, respect and gratitude. He'll always be cheered when he plays in Toronto.

But obviously we were happy to see the Clippers lose. The narrative from the US media already is that Kawhi carried us to a championship. It would have been even worse if the Clippers won this year.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#34 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Yes, if he wants to return on our terms, of course we would welcome him.

The glee in his losing isn't necessarily just about him. It is about the Steve Balmer tampering, the LA superiority complex, sports media favoritism towards LA teams. It is about Kawhi's insistence that PG go where he goes. It is also about all the sports media that said the Raptors wouldn't even make the playoffs without Kawhi.

His losing validates our team first approach.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,788

Post#35 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Lmao... he ain’t ever coming back. Never.

Doesn’t matter if people don’t show him respect

Everyone but a few of us said they would cheer for him after he left. I wasn’t going to do it then, and I’m not about to now. Go Nuggets.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#36 » by SurgeIblocka » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Like Masai says BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND BELIEVE IN YOUR COUNTRY!

stop pandering to stars who screw us over. Yeah thanks for showing up even though we all know it was more about your own benefit.

Be on your way, we will not grovel for a player who slapped us in the face.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#37 » by jimmy keys » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:27 pm

So we trading Siakam, FVV & Norm for Giannis and re-signing this fun guy or what?

Toronto Raptors 2021

Lowry
Anunoby
Leonard
Antetokounmpo
Ibaka

And before you ask yes it's possible cap wise.
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#38 » by Raptaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:41 pm

IceMan122515 wrote:
Raptaz wrote:lol funny how much hate people hold in their hearts for someone they dont know personally.

LOL

It's not hate. All Raptor fans understand how important he was to the team. What most are sick and tired of, is the disrespect the rest of the guys get.

This is why most raptor fans are happy with the Clippers losing. Finally can say well I guess you need the rest of those guys after all.

I'm happy they lost too and that the narrative will stop.
But im not sayong specifically yes kawhi lost, im so happy, my life is amazing after he brought us the chip .

Mentality of others about someone they don't know personally is weak.

I get wanting the clippers to lose to help the narrative.

Vince Carter gets love but did the same thing on whole another level and can't go a week without a Carter thread.

So yall value a dunk over a win lol
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#39 » by JN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:48 pm

I would welcome Kawhi the player back in a minute, but I would tell Kawhi the GM to **** off. His GM skills on George/Westbrook certainly were lacking.

I am certainly concerned about not only his long term production but even possibly fast short term regression because of health. But I would take him back.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#40 » by JN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:50 pm

jimmy keys wrote:So we trading Siakam, FVV & Norm for Giannis and re-signing this fun guy or what?

Toronto Raptors 2021

Lowry
Anunoby
Leonard
Antetokounmpo
Ibaka

And before you ask yes it's possible cap wise.

How big a pay cut are you expecting Lowry and Ibaka to play for under the scenario? It has to be so low that it is not realistic.

Return to Toronto Raptors