ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1001 » by BleedGreen1989 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:45 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
100proof wrote:unrealistic? maybe, but who knows.

Philly in: Hayward, Heild and Poirier
Out: Simmons, Horford
Add shooting all around Joel.
MLE
Heild
Hayward
Harris
Joel

Kings in: Horford, Romeo, #14
out: Heild and Holmes
Save a little money, add youth

Boston in: Simmons and Holmes
out: Hayward, Romeo, #14 Poirier
Lets get crazy

Simmons is actually a bit bigger than Theis, so the thought here is to put him at, what imo is his natural position, center.

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Simmons

DEFENSE wins CHIPS. lol

That's not as crazy as it sounds. Simmons is like a different version of Bam and he is a Center in today's NBA through and through.

Absolutely crazy in the sense that that package doesn't sniff Ben Simmons regardless of some people's opinions of him.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#1002 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:50 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
100proof wrote:unrealistic? maybe, but who knows.

Philly in: Hayward, Heild and Poirier
Out: Simmons, Horford
Add shooting all around Joel.
MLE
Heild
Hayward
Harris
Joel

Kings in: Horford, Romeo, #14
out: Heild and Holmes
Save a little money, add youth

Boston in: Simmons and Holmes
out: Hayward, Romeo, #14 Poirier
Lets get crazy

Simmons is actually a bit bigger than Theis, so the thought here is to put him at, what imo is his natural position, center.

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Simmons

DEFENSE wins CHIPS. lol

That's not as crazy as it sounds. Simmons is like a different version of Bam and he is a Center in today's NBA through and through.

Absolutely crazy in the sense that that package doesn't sniff Ben Simmons regardless of some people's opinions of him.

I think the package is fine if Philly says they want to end the experiment.

I think the Kings are the real one that tell people to **** off. They have to eat perhaps the worst contract in the NBA in Horford, a prospect who's shown next to NOTHING AT ALL in the NBA in Romeo, and the 14th pick in a draft class that if you get lucky you come away with a Jae Crowder for... Buddy Heild?

Buddy may not be excited to be in a crowded backfield but he's signed for the long term and has a terrifc track record as at least a JJ Reddick secret key to winning (raining 3s on dem hoes) player on any team.
GreenFor3
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#1003 » by GreenFor3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:31 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
GreenFor3 wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:Simmons has had a lot of health issues playing as PG, playing as C he likely would be destroyed by injuries. I think he can play as C but he doesn't have durability.

You'd just play him at PF next to Theis during the regular season. Then you finish games with him at center depending on the opponent. He pairs perfectly with Smart, they'd have dominant defense and Simmons can be the primary play maker. Plus I think Simmons would dominate in a high tempo offense and switching defense.

Theis can't hit a 3 as he's showing in the playoffs.

A Theis/Simmons frontcourt would have the same problems as a Simmons/Embiid one just with 1/100th of the talent.

Simmons can't shoot at all. He shouldn't be on the court with any player that hits less than league average (36%) from 3.

I don't really buy that he has durability issues though. Sure he lost his rookie year but has been pretty good since then.

I do buy that Simmons at Center would open a lot for his game IF and ONLY IF he allowed himself to be used as a Center and not a PG.

He can blow by PGs, he can much more readily blow by Centers and have no one at the rim able to challenge him. I think that's where he'd be at his most dangerous.

Essentially have him as a pick and roll Center, and if he is forced to pop then flow into a pick and roll on the side in real time and have his play making hit a cutter to the rim or a guy from 3.

I get what you're saying, but Theis has been decent from 3 in the past before forgetting how to shoot in the bubble. I think you could get away with it in the regular season if you're worried about Simmons taking a beating. I'd also try to get a guy like Ibaka or even Baynes to serve that role. It doesn't have to be Theis, I was just using that as an example. Again this wouldn't be a full time thing and you'd still finish games with Simmons at C. It's a moot point anyway since there is a 0% chance the sixers trade us Simmons.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Post#1004 » by Theocy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Holy crap u know our fanbase went crazy when we a Simmons trade is articulated in a way that makes some sense lol
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#1005 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:46 pm

GreenFor3 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
GreenFor3 wrote:You'd just play him at PF next to Theis during the regular season. Then you finish games with him at center depending on the opponent. He pairs perfectly with Smart, they'd have dominant defense and Simmons can be the primary play maker. Plus I think Simmons would dominate in a high tempo offense and switching defense.

Theis can't hit a 3 as he's showing in the playoffs.

A Theis/Simmons frontcourt would have the same problems as a Simmons/Embiid one just with 1/100th of the talent.

Simmons can't shoot at all. He shouldn't be on the court with any player that hits less than league average (36%) from 3.

I don't really buy that he has durability issues though. Sure he lost his rookie year but has been pretty good since then.

I do buy that Simmons at Center would open a lot for his game IF and ONLY IF he allowed himself to be used as a Center and not a PG.

He can blow by PGs, he can much more readily blow by Centers and have no one at the rim able to challenge him. I think that's where he'd be at his most dangerous.

Essentially have him as a pick and roll Center, and if he is forced to pop then flow into a pick and roll on the side in real time and have his play making hit a cutter to the rim or a guy from 3.

I get what you're saying, but Theis has been decent from 3 in the past before forgetting how to shoot in the bubble. I think you could get away with it in the regular season if you're worried about Simmons taking a beating. I'd also try to get a guy like Ibaka or even Baynes to serve that role. It doesn't have to be Theis, I was just using that as an example. Again this wouldn't be a full time thing and you'd still finish games with Simmons at C. It's a moot point anyway since there is a 0% chance the sixers trade us Simmons.

Hmm good point. But yeah idk I think Theis has proven that his 3 point shot is a fake one.

But yeah with Simmons I wouldn't want to pair anyone with him who is less than 36% from 3. (unless they're the A1 guy like maybe a lilliard idk I'm sure there's a high volume off dribble 3 point shot that would be elite in that role with more help around him).
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#1006 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:11 am

Will Kemba get shopped in the offseason if he continues to struggle?
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

Post#1007 » by playa-hater » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 am

100proof wrote:Will Kemba get shopped in the offseason if he continues to struggle?

good question.. here is a better one.. what would a team give up for a 30+ player on a max contract who struggles in the playoffs..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Cuban Pete
Junior
And1: 231

Post#1008 » by Cuban Pete » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 am

100proof wrote:Will Kemba get shopped in the offseason if he continues to struggle?

I thought from day one that the Kemba signing was a Danny Panic move after the losses of Kyrie, Horford, Rozier. I like Walker, but at the back nine of 29yo, he was too old to get a max money deal. PGs don't age well. Moreover, I think his knee is acting up. He's just too good to be shooting this poorly. Here's Walker's salary for the next three years...

Kemba's Salary

2020-21
$34,379,100

2021-22
$36,016,200

2022-23
$37,653,300

I doubt you'll find many takers. That's a lot of remaining money for an aging PG.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#1009 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:59 am

Cuban Pete wrote:

I thought from day one that the Kemba signing was a Danny Panic move after the losses of Kyrie, Horford, Rozier. I like Walker, but at the back nine of 29yo, he was too old to get a max money deal. PGs don't age well. Moreover, I think his knee is acting up. He's just too good to be shooting this poorly. Here's Walker's salary for the next three years...

Kemba's Salary

2020-21
$34,379,100

2021-22
$36,016,200

2022-23
$37,653,300

I doubt you'll find many takers. That's a lot of remaining money for an aging PG.

I hate myself for reading this post. Not a big fan of you right now either Pete for making me.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#1010 » by Darthlukey » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 am

Based on today's outcome we could get PG cheap. Maybe Gordon for PG straight up (yes im joking,but only just)
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1011 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:09 am

Darthlukey wrote:Based on today's outcome we could get PG cheap. Maybe Gordon for PG straight up (yes im joking,but only just)

Sell the clips on having cap space for a run at giannis in 21’ lol
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#1012 » by Darthlukey » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:12 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Based on today's outcome we could get PG cheap. Maybe Gordon for PG straight up (yes im joking,but only just)

Sell the clips on having cap space for a run at giannis in 21’ lol

You evil genuis, I love it
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#1013 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:35 am

Cuban Pete wrote:

Kemba's Salary

2020-21
$34,379,100

2021-22
$36,016,200

2022-23
$37,653,300

29 is not really aging.

I bet Dallas and LaC would take him.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#1014 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:09 am

Cuban Pete wrote:

Kemba's Salary

2020-21
$34,379,100

2021-22
$36,016,200

2022-23
$37,653,300

Yeah he's kind of like where Isaiah was before his injury. There were questions about giving big money to smaller guards over 30 or about to hit 30.

I can see that he would be good for the locker room after Kyrie and he put up some numbers as the main scorer at Charlotte but he wasn't the efficient and there would be questions on whether he might be a defensive liability in the playoffs.

But most of the time, Charlotte didn't make the playoffs while he was leading that team.

However, Stevens seems to be okay with Tatum and Kemba taking turns trying to create shots for themselves so ...
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#1015 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 am

Needed a third guy to take pressure off Kemba/Tatum or when one of them is off/sitting. Should've been Hayward or anyone from the bench but we already know our bench's limitations. Someone like Derrick Rose could've helped. Our team lacks players who can consistently attack the basket/paint. I think Miami doubled us up in points in the paint in game 1.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
100proof
Starter

Post#1016 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:08 am

Team needs screamed last night.

Need a bigman improvement over theis and a bench
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#1017 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Dude let's get Lou Will for cheap.

After the Clippers collapse they might move him.
100proof
Starter

Post#1018 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 pm

Here is my Trader Danny deal.

Philly in: Kemba and D. Miller
out: Harris
Philly adds a PG that will actually spread the floor for them. They still need to shop Horford, but they will find a buyer.

Wizards in: Harris and Poirier
out: Bryant and Brown Jr
Wizards upgrade scoring at the SF spot drastically. They now have a 3 headed monster on the wings.

Pelicans in: Hayward, Romeo, #26
out: Jrue Holiday, Hart and D. Miller
Pelicans give the PG reigns to Ball and add a perfect compliment at the SF spot for he and Zion in Hayward. Gordon will mentor and coach for the year and then team will have max capspace for multiple players. Romeo is another young asset for them.

Celtics in: Jrue, Bryant, Hart, Brown Jr.
Celtics upgrade point defense dramatically and add some good young depth and a solid young center with alot of potential. Teams shed alot of salary in the deals.

Use picks and or, Timelord, Kanter to entice teams if needed.

Jrue/Wannamaker/Edwards
Smart/Hart
Brown/Brown JR
Tatum/Grant W/Rob Williams
Bryant/Theis/Kanter

Above team would have a pre draft payroll of 106 million, After signing picks and re-signing Wannamaker team should have FULL MLE to use as needed and the best defensive team in the league.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,256

Post#1019 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm

I think we need more shooting. Hayward coming back would be one guy who can do it, but I wouldn't mind trading some of his overall talent/skill set down for some pure SNIPERS.

BOS gives: Hayward, Kanter, Edwards, Ojeleye, Poirier, #26, #47
BOS gets: Harrison Barnes, Bjelica, Tony Snell

DET gives: Tony Snell
DET gets: Cory Joseph, Semi Ojeleye, #47

SAC gives: Harrison Barnes, Bjelica, Cory Joseph
SAC gets: Hayward, Kanter, Edwards, Poirier, #26

Kemba / Wanamaker (re-signed as he has played well) / Kira Lewis Jr (#14 pick) / Waters
Brown / Smart / Langford
Tatum / Snell
Barnes / G Williams
Theis / Bjelica / R Williams / Tacko

(use #30 on a draft and stash guy)

I think this would lengthen our rotation and really improve our overall shooting. Bjelica and Snell are 40% shooters, Barnes at 38%. It would make us a lot more difficult to defend.

We'd have trade chips both salary wise (Snell, Bjelica, Barnes, Theis) as well as the rookie scale players (Langford, Lewis, G Williams, R Williams) to move into trade talks as well.
100proof
Starter

Post#1020 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:I think we need more shooting. Hayward coming back would be one guy who can do it, but I wouldn't mind trading some of his overall talent/skill set down for some pure SNIPERS.

BOS gives: Hayward, Kanter, Edwards, Ojeleye, Poirier, #26, #47
BOS gets: Harrison Barnes, Bjelica, Tony Snell

DET gives: Tony Snell
DET gets: Cory Joseph, Semi Ojeleye, #47

SAC gives: Harrison Barnes, Bjelica, Cory Joseph
SAC gets: Hayward, Kanter, Edwards, Poirier, #26

Kemba / Wanamaker (re-signed as he has played well) / Kira Lewis Jr (#14 pick) / Waters
Brown / Smart / Langford
Tatum / Snell
Barnes / G Williams
Theis / Bjelica / R Williams / Tacko

(use #30 on a draft and stash guy)

I think this would lengthen our rotation and really improve our overall shooting. Bjelica and Snell are 40% shooters, Barnes at 38%. It would make us a lot more difficult to defend.

We'd have trade chips both salary wise (Snell, Bjelica, Barnes, Theis) as well as the rookie scale players (Langford, Lewis, G Williams, R Williams) to move into trade talks as well.

I really like that.

Return to Boston Celtics