ImageImageImageImageImage

WCF: Lakers vs Nuggets 4-1 Lakers win series!

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Who Will Win

Lakers in 4
15%
Lakers in 5
46%
Lakers in 6
26%
Lakers in 7
No votes
Nuggets in 4
3%
Nuggets in 5
No votes
Nuggets in 6
No votes
Nuggets in 7
10%

Total votes: 39

lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Re: WCF: Lakers vs Nuggets 0-0 Game 1: 9/18 6:00 PM PST 

Post#41 » by lautreamont » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 am

EggIsCooling wrote:We got this! Let Murray do his thing and stop the Joker... Lakers in 6.

Don't double Jokic, he will pick you apart. Play him straight up and he will score some points, but that's fine. Gear defense towards taking away Murray's scoring opportunities. I can't see the Nuggets winning unless he has big scoring games.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#42 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 pm

Don't underestimate the Nuggets, they are a legit team. However, I do think we match up pretty well against them, it may end up being easier than Blazers and Rockets, but they are on fire with sky-high confidence, it will definitely be hard.

Lakers in 6.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#43 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm

We have way better interior matchups than the clippers have. Not sayin it gonna be easy. But we have more in our interior arsenal to battle. It all falls back to our guardplay. Always has. Get the guardplay goin, well be good.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#44 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 pm

Ballmer is a scum bag of a person. Leonard is a backstabber who tried to purposely hurt the Lakers by trade shenanigans. PG is a very unlikable guy in general as a person. Doc is a good guy but a former Celtic. I can’t lie and say I don’t enjoy seeing some karmic fairness coming their way.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#45 » by Beethoven » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 pm

Let's take this first game doing our homework and not getting ahead of ourselves.
Denver is plenty capable of taking us out so let's approach them w vigilance and due process.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#46 » by Spens1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Need Dwight to do what he did against Jokic in the regular season and try to shut him down cause we can't exactly double him otherwise he will tear us apart. Both Dwight and McGee will be crucial to stopping Jokic really.

I'm worried about Murray cause we all saw how Lillard could light us up. Playoff Rondo needs to continue to show up and try and shut him down or at least someone needs to bait him into foul trouble or a suspension. We can't have Danny Green or KCP shooting bricks either in these games cause you know the nuggets role players and bench guys will show up and play.

I don't know what answers they will have for A.D and Lebron (since they didn't really have to play a big as great as A.D nor a ball handler as great as Lebron in their last series).

We ought to win this in around 6 games if all goes well but i wouldn't be shocked if we're in for an absolute dogfight of a 7 game series. A team that mentally prepared isn't going to go down without a fight.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Jokic.

We have an advantage against him that most teams don’t. In Dwight, we have a center at 7’ who has quick feet enough and is strong enough to single cover Jokic. Single covering him is key because 4 vs 4 takes away his open cutter to pass to, much more so than 4 vs 3 does. He resorts to shooting and we win this series.

As for Murray, I’m sure Rondo has a plan for him figured out already. He’ll have high scoring games but would have to score 50 in every game for them to win this series and against our length and quickness on defense it won’t happen.

Dwight’s goal should be to make everything difficult for the Joker, not to shut him down. Make him work hard by moving your feet on defense and post him up on the other end. No cheap fouls! With AD as rotating help, the Joker will face as tough an opposing big man duo as there is.

Porter Jr is for real. Box him out thoroughly on defensive rebounds and chase him off the three point line. Give him no space. Post him up down low on the other end!

They have no answer for LBJ nor AD. We may have no answer for Murray but I think we got the Joker in single coverage. Kuz vs Porter is fairly even.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Caruso gives Murray a hard fought series. Post him up, AC!!! Back him down like Shaq, make him work all game every game, both ends.

EDIT: Prediction: Lakers in 5.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#48 » by kobe808lak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:33 pm

No way this only goes 5, it's going 6 or 7.. Denver is really good.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#49 » by Ball so hard » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:12 pm

Lakers in 6. Denver is a pretty well balanced team. However, we match up quite favorably against this team. AD and Bron should feast in this series. This might be the first match up in which I do not believe our opponents' back court is miles ahead of ours.
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Post#50 » by Slink » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:20 pm

stan francisco wrote:Jokic.

We have an advantage against him that most teams don’t. In Dwight, we have a center at 7’ who has quick feet enough and is strong enough to single cover Jokic. Single covering him is key because 4 vs 4 takes away his open cutter to pass to, much more so than 4 vs 3 does. He resorts to shooting and we win this series.

As for Murray, I’m sure Rondo has a plan for him figured out already. He’ll have high scoring games but would have to score 50 in every game for them to win this series and against our length and quickness on defense it won’t happen.

Dwight’s goal should be to make everything difficult for the Joker, not to shut him down. Make him work hard by moving your feet on defense and post him up on the other end. No cheap fouls! With AD as rotating help, the Joker will face as tough an opposing big man duo as there is.

Porter Jr is for real. Box him out thoroughly on defensive rebounds and chase him off the three point line. Give him no space. Post him up down low on the other end!

They have no answer for LBJ nor AD. We may have no answer for Murray but I think we got the Joker in single coverage. Kuz vs Porter is fairly even.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Caruso gives Murray a hard fought series. Post him up, AC!!! Back him down like Shaq, make him work all game every game, both ends.

I"m going to add Mike Malone to this. He won't be as predictable as D'antoni, Malone can coach. Vogel's got himself a X's and O's chess match.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#51 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 pm

stan francisco wrote:Ballmer is a scum bag of a person. Leonard is a backstabber who tried to purposely hurt the Lakers by trade shenanigans. PG is a very unlikable guy in general as a person. Doc is a good guy but a former Celtic. I can’t lie and say I don’t enjoy seeing some karmic fairness coming their way.

You forgot the super cocky Pat Beverley who pumped his chest every time he forces a turnover.
Jerry West who proudly declared that his Clippers are better than the Lakers
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#52 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 pm

Slink wrote:

I"m going to add Mike Malone to this. He won't be as predictable as D'antoni, Malone can coach. Vogel's got himself a X's and O's chess match.

I really think it’s dangerous to get too cute and diagram an elaborate match up zone against this team. Yes Frank looked like a genius trapping Harden and Dame but it may backfire if you create confusion among the team especially if you don’t adjust to your plan B and C in s timely manner.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Ballmer is a scum bag of a person. Leonard is a backstabber who tried to purposely hurt the Lakers by trade shenanigans. PG is a very unlikable guy in general as a person. Doc is a good guy but a former Celtic. I can’t lie and say I don’t enjoy seeing some karmic fairness coming their way.

You forgot the super cocky Pat Beverley who pumped his chest every time he forces a turnover.

Yeah, you’re right. I forgot.
cashflo
Senior
And1: 130

Post#54 » by cashflo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:

I dislike Clipper Darrel for some reason... too flashy for no reason at all. Win something first!
EggIsCooling
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#55 » by EggIsCooling » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 pm

lautreamont wrote:
EggIsCooling wrote:We got this! Let Murray do his thing and stop the Joker... Lakers in 6.

Don't double Jokic, he will pick you apart. Play him straight up and he will score some points, but that's fine. Gear defense towards taking away Murray's scoring opportunities. I can't see the Nuggets winning unless he has big scoring games.

I am not referring to scoring/points. Who was clearly the best player, all around playmaker, against the Clips? The Joker, right? The Clips had no one and no length to slow or stop him from being a playmaker, both offensively and defensively when it counted most. He’s the factor that sent the Clips to Cancun. There’s a reason Lakers include length in assembling this team. AD, D12, and Javale will collectively slow or shut the Joker down from being a playmaker and making things easy for his teammates.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#56 » by TylersLakers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 pm

We got no excuses to not win a Championship now.

8 more wins to go! This Denver Nuggets team is for real and we have to be ready from jump.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:05 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Slink wrote:

I really think it’s dangerous to get too cute and diagram an elaborate match up zone against this team. Yes Frank looked like a genius trapping Harden and Dame but it may backfire if you create confusion among the team especially if you don’t adjust to your plan B and C in s timely manner.

Between Vogel, Kidd and Rondo we will surely have a custom designed defense for Murray’s general offensive tendencies, too. Can’t wait to see him look lost, too. Just like we did for Lillard, and for Harden.

Murray’s second biggest strength is his speed. We can use his quickness against him. He can be siphoned and fish-trapped if we play crisp rotating team defense. His natural scoring talent is superb. We’ll have to minimize his impact by reading him well; brains and team defense. His drive, stop and pop game is easily decipherable on film. Help could come from the three point line and blindside him on the common pop-up shots when he drives etc.

I’m not too worried about Murray scoring 50. I’m more worried about Jokic having 15 assists.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 pm

Btw, gotta love Kuzma’s marginalizing dismissal of the Clippers. Lol.
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Post#59 » by Slink » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:12 am

stan francisco wrote:Btw, gotta love Kuzma’s marginalizing dismissal of the Clippers. Lol.

I'm assuming you mean this? :D

Read on Twitter
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:17 am

Slink wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Btw, gotta love Kuzma’s marginalizing dismissal of the Clippers. Lol.

I'm assuming you mean this? :D

Read on Twitter

Yes! Thanks. :bowdown:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers