PHL DET - HARRIS for Blake

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SixersSince82
Junior
And1: 202

PHL DET - HARRIS for Blake 

Post#1 » by SixersSince82 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Has this been discussed? What would it take to hammer out a deal between these two teams?

Pistons trade a broken down player with a bloated contract for a similarly bad contract but for a munch younger player who can guarantee them 80 games a year at an almost all star-ish level.

For the 6ers getting the shorter contract is the 1st step to a long term re-tool of the roster around Ben and Joel.

Is this fair straight up? Does one team have to add a 1st? What about throwing in Richardson & Kennard?
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Re: PHL DET - HARRIS for Blake 

Post#2 » by VDT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm

The Sixers dont need any more Pfs and Blake is a terrible fit even assuming he is healthy (doubtful).
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#3 » by patman66 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Harris is not the problem with the sixers, he is the only one of four, that can shoot, guard his man and stay on the court have position versatility, play for 36min and play 75 games a year. He is overpaid, but trading him does not fix the sixers. Emblid and simmons are stars and should never be traded unless there is a star coming back which is unlikely.

Maybe Simmons + with the Clippers for Paul George and S+T Harrell. The sixers then sign teague for the taxpayers MLE
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#4 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 pm

patman66 wrote:Harris is not the problem with the sixers, he is the only one of four, that can shoot, guard his man and stay on the court have position versatility, play for 36min and play 75 games a year. He is overpaid, but trading him does not fix the sixers. Emblid and simmons are stars and should never be traded unless there is a star coming back which is unlikely.

Maybe Simmons + with the Clippers for Paul George and S+T Harrell. The sixers then sign teague for the taxpayers MLE
If I were 76ers .. I would try to change 1 of them (Simons / Embiid ).. I really think they are very good ... but a horrible fit .. Maybe it's possible Harden ..
1+1=11
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#5 » by BullyKing » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 pm

patman66 wrote:Harris is not the problem with the sixers, he is the only one of four, that can shoot, guard his man and stay on the court have position versatility, play for 36min and play 75 games a year. He is overpaid, but trading him does not fix the sixers. Emblid and simmons are stars and should never be traded unless there is a star coming back which is unlikely.

I agree with this. Harris has a role to play on the Sixers - though one he is clearly overpaid for. Horford is a better player in my view but you just can't have that much tied up in a guy who by default is going to be a backup player for you. Horford is the one that needs to be moved.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#6 » by chrbal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm

Trade doesn’t work for either team. Detroit is in a rebuild so taking on a longer/larger contract for a good player who just doesn’t fit what they are doing.

Philadelphia cuts off 2 years from their payroll, but adds a guy who can’t do what Harris does. That’s without even discussing health.
SixersSince82
Junior
And1: 202

Post#7 » by SixersSince82 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:27 pm

I can't speak for Detroit but as a 6ers fan, I think its clear that Ben and Joel cannot win titles without a true star scorer flanking them. And in order to get that player they need to get off of Harris contract. They need to get off Al's too, but Harris is step 1.

Re:Harris. Its one thing to overpay Tobias Harris to be your 3rd guy when you have a clear number 1 and number 2 scorer flanking him. But you can't tie your anchor to him, when your number 2 guy, Ben Simmons, flat out isn't a scorer and your number 1 guy, Joel, isnt a "clutch/crunch time scorer because he's a big man that can't navigate double teams.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#8 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:30 pm

SixersSince82 wrote:I can't speak for Detroit but as a 6ers fan, I think its clear that Ben and Joel cannot win titles without a true star scorer flanking them. And in order to get that player they need to get off of Harris contract. They need to get off Al's too, but Harris is step 1.

Re:Harris. Its one thing to overpay Tobias Harris to be your 3rd guy when you have a clear number 1 and number 2 scorer flanking him. But you can't tie your anchor to him, when your number 2 guy, Ben Simmons, flat out isn't a scorer and your number 1 guy, Joel, isnt a "clutch/crunch time scorer because he's a big man that can't navigate double teams.

Harris/Richardson/Phil 1st for Covid13/Lemon Pepper Lou/Shamet
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#9 » by youngcrev » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm

NoZoLakers wrote:
SixersSince82 wrote:I can't speak for Detroit but as a 6ers fan, I think its clear that Ben and Joel cannot win titles without a true star scorer flanking them. And in order to get that player they need to get off of Harris contract. They need to get off Al's too, but Harris is step 1.

Tobias isn't the answer if you're looking for more playoff success. The only time I wasn't bad mouthing him in that series was when he smashed his face into the floor and I felt bad for him.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,716

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm

This seems backwards to me. Philly, a win-now team, trading for a broken-down Blake? Detroit taking on big money for a non-superstar veteran?

At minimum a third team would have to get involved because Tobi does nothing for Detroit.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#11 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm

youngcrev wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:

Tobias isn't the answer if you're looking for more playoff success. The only time I wasn't bad mouthing him in that series was when he smashed his face into the floor and I felt bad for him.

not a clipper fan lol...just making suggestions for teams to change things up
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#12 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:30 am

Terrible for Detroit. They are taking on a longer deal with little value to the rebuild. Easy pass. Philly doesn’t have the assets to make the Pistons bite at such a move.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#13 » by GutUNC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:01 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:

If I were 76ers .. I would try to change 1 of them (Simons / Embiid ).. I really think they are very good ... but a horrible fit .. Maybe it's possible Harden ..

:banghead:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/beatsow28738387/the-sixers-definitely-ben-simmons-joel-embiid-problem

99th percentile tandem throughout their careers as long as Horford isn't on the floor.
GDTBATH

Return to Trades and Transactions