Should The Denver Nuggets Be Taken More Seriously?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Should The Denver Nuggets Be Taken More Seriously? 

Post#1 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:23 pm

There’s 5 pages of LaClips threads since last night.

Can we give Denver some damn love man? This team will not go down easily. This series with the Lakers is going to actually be a war. They have guys like Harris, Grant, Craig, Millsap, Porter to throw at LBJ and AD.

Jokic-Murray-Porter is going to give West teams nightmares. I see DAL and DEN ruling the West for the next decade.

Respect to the Mile High.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,283

Re: Should The Denver Nuggets Be Taken More Seriously? 

Post#2 » by Lunartic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Yeah absolutely, they're are very good and only cocky Clipper fans and Laker fans downplay them

I'm hoping they can make the finals
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#3 » by Optms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:30 pm

Just being honest but that Clippers team last night could have been beaten by just about any of the following teams: Raptors, Rockets, Jazz, healthy Mavericks. They were even bigger frauds then the Bucks were. Yeah, Denver deserves props but they aren't really much better than a team like the Jazz for instance. And are no where even close to having a future like the Mavericks.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Post#4 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Optms wrote:Just being honest but that Clippers team last night could have been beaten by just about any of the following teams: Raptors, Rockets, Jazz, healthy Mavericks. They were even bigger frauds then the Bucks were. Yeah, Denver deserves props but they aren't really much better than a team like the Jazz for instance. And are no where even close to having a future like the Mavericks.

Unfortunately, I’m not speaking solely of last night. They have won 6 straight elimination games in these playoffs.

The Clippers had 3 chances to win one game.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#5 » by Durant Durant » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Utah choked on a nugget!
Clippers choked on a nugget!

Lakers be like, eat slowly boys.
No no yes yes
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,428

Post#6 » by Saints14 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Yeah probably. Murray is an incredible shot maker and deserves all the credit given to him, especially last night...but Jokic just completely set the tone of the series the way few players can. You surround those guys with good defenders and they're no joke. If this is who Murray is now they'll be a force for the near future.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#7 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Clippers choked, but nobody’s saying that even if they shot averagely in the 2nd half like they did in the 1st half, the Nuggets still win with the way they played. 20 point deficit maybe turns into a 5 point deficit if the Clippers don’t choke.

So yeah, the Nuggets are really really good, I think that a lot of guys there have the talent to step up offensively beyond of the proportions of their role if given the right opportunities like Grant, Millsap, Harris, MPJ. It’s just one of those teams with a lot of hidden potential.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#8 » by Optms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
Optms wrote:Just being honest but that Clippers team last night could have been beaten by just about any of the following teams: Raptors, Rockets, Jazz, healthy Mavericks. They were even bigger frauds then the Bucks were. Yeah, Denver deserves props but they aren't really much better than a team like the Jazz for instance. And are no where even close to having a future like the Mavericks.

Unfortunately, I’m not speaking solely of last night. They have won 6 straight elimination games in these playoffs.

The Clippers had 3 chances to win one game.

After watching last nights game I'm not sure how you can say the Nuggets weren't the beneficiary of a bad team destroying themselves. The Clipps literately were missing good shots. Wide open 3's, layups, etc. The Nuggets probably have the worst defense of the remaining teams so its not like they were suffocating the Clipper offense. The Clippers were just straight up trash. Like I said, the Clippers were about to be exposed by Dallas if Porzingis didn't go down. And I'm sure most of the teams I mentioned would have exposed them too. Nuggets were just in the right place, right time.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,086

Post#9 » by stoo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 pm

It is so funny listening to Lakers fans talking just like Clippers fans did :))))

you know, lebron won 3 titles in 16-17 seasons, of course he is winning it again, what else can happen :)))

no, seriously, Lakers are actually a good match up for the Nuggets
NotSinceWilt
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#10 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Nope the Nuggets are terrible and just got lucky, just ask Lakers fans. Of course that will likely all change in a few days, just like Clippers fans and Jazz fans I guess some have to learn the hard way.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,045

Post#11 » by Sgt Major » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm

The Jazz aren't better or even close and the Mavs' future is not brighter, because it depends a lot on the condition of an extremely injury prone max player. And even with him fully healthy, the Nuggets look better.

Jazz, Rockets, Raptors - all would lose against this Clippers team because none of them would be able to deploy the offense schemes the Nuggets have.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#12 » by flow » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 pm

You've lost the plot here. Entirely.

The Clippers played like crap because the Nuggets had them completely shook. Clips felt enormous pressure offensively - and choked on it - because they knew they could not defend what the Nuggets were doing on offense. Denver was toying with them, and Doc was unable to adjust.

Unless all those others teams play exactly the same way Denver does (of course they don't), you can't assume they would have beaten the Clips last night.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#13 » by Cavsfansince84 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:22 pm

I feel like all 4 teams left could win the title. Nuggets have such cold blooded scary shooting. Its almost reminiscent of the 2014 Spurs when all of their guys suddenly couldn't miss and there's no way to guard that.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,152

Post#14 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm

I would love them to win. a team that was built from the ground up. it would be quite refreshing.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Post#15 » by ZemGOAT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Absolutely they beat the title favorites
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,250

Post#16 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Lakers in 5 or 6
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,250

Post#17 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm

ZemGOAT wrote:Absolutely they beat the title favorites

Title favorites pre bubble

Lakers def been looking like the favorites in the bubble. No way in hell does Bron not win a chip this year
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#18 » by Spens1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Absolutely. the way they're set up is incredible. Murray is frightening and Jokic is involved in literally everything right now as well (even defensively where he's been weak, he has some of the slickest passing in the league, he can score from everywhere despite being fairly slow). If the lakers don't show up and underestimate the nuggets like the clippers did (cause the clippers thought it was a forgone conclusion that they where in the conference finals), then the lakers themselves will be going home.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#19 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Yes. For sure.

The casual NBA fan doesn't appreciate the importance of team ball....they see Stars and do simple math. That team has two...this team has none. Miami and Denver are the best 'teams' in the league. They run offensive sets.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,742

Post#20 » by Quattro » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Would love to see the Nuggets beat the Lakers and see both LA teams fail to make the finals.

Return to The General Board