ImageImageImageImageImage

CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Re: CLIPPERS ARE DONE!! Bet the farm, wife and even the dog on Denver 

Post#81 » by Impuniti » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Clippers on reddit on private. Their fanbase is just like their actual team, soft.

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#82 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 pm

I was wrong on Clippers winning Game 7 and also had them winning it all this season.

Again, props to Denver.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#83 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:
Jokic, at least for now, is one of a kind. He may very well be the best playmaker in the game.
He would be a great playmaker if he was 6' 3'', but his genetics made him 7 feet. It's not a trend that can be followed. He has an instinct that only a few have. Maybe only Arvydas Sabonis was comparable to him in this regard. Maybe.
Anthony Davis and Embiid are as skilled as it gets, but they can't lead a contender as the first option, AD needs a top 2 player ever to even be contending and Embiid isn't doing much better.
I highly doubt Wiseman will be anything even close to resembling Jokic, he's a totally different kind of player and he doesn't have that passing instinct that Jokic has.

Everything you say is spot on. Alas, you won't be able to talk any sense into him regarding his delusional projections and comparisons for Wiseman.

My delusional projections are just saying Wiseman is going to be better than what most people are projecting him to be, by that I mean multiple Allstar and Allnba appearances with maybe 1 dpoy and all defense teams. If he comes to the Warriors he will earn how to be a playmaking big, he is extremely intelligent and very coachable. IF he goes to another team, all he will do is score and protect the rim. And I will die on that hill no matter what. I still want Bane on this roster, at least he will hit shots, defend and pass

The best argument for Wiseman is the one you just made, which is that he'll have to learn to expand his skill set in our system. But that's something that would have to happen slowly and probably would take a few years to pay off. What's insane is expecting him to be a second option right off the bat and drawing double teams as a rookie.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#84 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Kawhi calling out their collective BBIQ is a direct shot at Doc. Player vs coach the player usually wins. Bye Doc.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#85 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 pm

The Nuggets consistently walled off and packed the paint with size and forced the Clippers into a shootout they couldn't win.

The Clippers kept trying to trap Murray up top and Jokiv kept getting the ball and picking them apart from the free throw line.

These are both things we need to do.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#86 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Clips fans love Zubac, he's going into his 5th season and this year couldn't get over 20 mpg. Why not? I didn't watch many of their games.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#87 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
Everything you say is spot on. Alas, you won't be able to talk any sense into him regarding his delusional projections and comparisons for Wiseman.

My delusional projections are just saying Wiseman is going to be better than what most people are projecting him to be, by that I mean multiple Allstar and Allnba appearances with maybe 1 dpoy and all defense teams. If he comes to the Warriors he will earn how to be a playmaking big, he is extremely intelligent and very coachable. IF he goes to another team, all he will do is score and protect the rim. And I will die on that hill no matter what. I still want Bane on this roster, at least he will hit shots, defend and pass

The best argument for Wiseman is the one you just made, which is that he'll have to learn to expand his skill set in our system. But that's something that would have to happen slowly and probably would take a few years to pay off. What's insane is expecting him to be a second option right off the bat and drawing double teams as a rookie.

On this team specifically is what I mean. We have Steph, Klay, Draymond etc. If he even is able to do 60% of what his workout/HS tape shows, by that I mean have one of the best handles of a 7fter in the league, be able to beat opposing 5s of the dribble, able to hit fade away midrange shots close to the basket like KD did, then he will almost be unguardable close to the block and will command double team, because other teams will try and make him turn to ball over as a rookie. I also say this because if he is left 1 on 1 at around 15 ft and he could do all those at a consistent level what else can the opposing team do other than try and force a turnover or bad shot? With all that Draymond will probably teach him how to pass out of double teams. Again this is just my hunch of the flashes he has shown. He has the highest upside in this draft and I have been saying it. I just believe.

On other teams, he will be able to showcase more of this skillset. Specifically on CHA. They will give him the greenlight and everybody in the world will be of witness. He has had ample time to work immensely on his game since December, to build on what he already was able to do, albeit not really consistently. In Memphis all he did was hang around the basket. His coach probably told him to do that specifically. I have also said that Karl-Anthony Towns did not show anything in college, look at him now. This is the same for Wiseman. Wiseman was taking Fade away midrange shots. He was Attempting them, he made some. It shows there is foundation of a jumper that can extend to the 3.

On this team he will probably be tasked to do McGee stuff in his first year. And he is elite at those. With time Draymond will teach him how to properly play defense and pass. Marquese Chriss could not pass, Spellman could not pass. During the season they were making very good and hard passes. The coaching staff taught them and they applied it in this system. I see no reason Wiseman cannot learn. As I have said he is very intelligent and coachable. Out of the top 3 prospects, he is above the other 2. Not sure between him and Deni though. But if during team scrimmages and practices he shows any sort of high level skill and is told to do them in a regular season game, I believe he will be very good, as far as he has the confidence to attempt such moves as a 7fter. And if he is actually making them, like Jokic was in the clippers series, which team in their right mind would not double?
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#88 » by delsol650 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Clips with epic choke job lol...

Balmer... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#89 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

On this team specifically is what I mean. We have Steph, Klay, Draymond etc. If he even is able to do 60% of what his workout/HS tape shows, by that I mean have one of the best handles of a 7fter in the league, be able to beat opposing 5s of the dribble, able to hit fade away midrange shots close to the basket like KD did, then he will almost be unguardable close to the block and will command double team, because other teams will try and make him turn to ball over as a rookie. I also say this because if he is left 1 on 1 at around 15 ft and he could do all those at a consistent level what else can the opposing team do other than try and force a turnover or bad shot? With all that Draymond will probably teach him how to pass out of double teams. Again this is just my hunch of the flashes he has shown. He has the highest upside in this draft and I have been saying it. I just believe.

On other teams, he will be able to showcase more of this skillset. Specifically on CHA. They will give him the greenlight and everybody in the world will be of witness. He has had ample time to work immensely on his game since December, to build on what he already was able to do, albeit not really consistently. In Memphis all he did was hang around the basket. His coach probably told him to do that specifically. I have also said that Karl-Anthony Towns did not show anything in college, look at him now. This is the same for Wiseman. Wiseman was taking Fade away midrange shots. He was Attempting them, he made some. It shows there is foundation of a jumper that can extend to the 3.

On this team he will probably be tasked to do McGee stuff in his first year. And he is elite at those. With time Draymond will teach him how to properly play defense and pass. Marquese Chriss could not pass, Spellman could not pass. During the season they were making very good and hard passes. The coaching staff taught them and they applied it in this system. I see no reason Wiseman cannot learn. As I have said he is very intelligent and coachable. Out of the top 3 prospects, he is above the other 2. Not sure between him and Deni though. But if during team scrimmages and practices he shows any sort of high level skill and is told to do them in a regular season game, I believe he will be very good, as far as he has the confidence to attempt such moves as a 7fter. And if he is actually making them, like Jokic was in the clippers series, which team in their right mind would not double?

It's hard to read what you're imagining as anything other than an insanely optimistic projection.

In this video, Wiseman tries to go off the dribble at 4:40 and it ends in disaster because he dribbles himself into a double team.

[youtube;t=151s[/youtube]

In this video, Wiseman isn't able to catch the ball trying to seal his man at 1:45 because he bobbles it around with one hand. At 1:55 he takes a terrible fadeaway in the middle of the paint with 24 seconds left on the shot clock. And you're saying he's going to hit midrange shots close to the basket like KD? Come on. KD is one of the greatest midrange shooters of all time. Wiseman is a college kid, which speaks to my point that some of the things you are projecting are so absurd as to not even be worth taking seriously. At 3:20, Wiseman takes a stepback long 2 and gets called for travelling because he didn't take the first shot when it was open. He's not going to be unguardable close to the block. He's going to be a rookie who doesn't have a great feel for the game and tries to do too much when he has the ball in his hands, which is why if he were drafted by the Warriors, he wouldn't play a big role in the offense at all beyond being a lob toy.

Wiseman might be coachable and smart, but it's still going to take him some time to learn how to play at NBA level. Chriss took 4 years to become semi competent and he's pretty sloppy defensively. I will say this though about Chriss, you're wrong when you say he couldn't pass when he showed up to the Warriors. He was making Bogut level passes at the top of the key on dribble hands offs from opening night. I remember that sticking out to me. From a Zach Lowe article:

Golden State often plays through its big men, and it took one practice for Chriss to show he had more passing chops than Warriors brass knew. "We couldn't believe it," Kerr said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29023069/the-luke-walton-all-stars-nine-surprising-players-nba-season
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#90 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm

I hope Warriors' fans can finally stop whining about Jerry West now...
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#91 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 pm

whatisacenter wrote:I hope Warriors' fans can finally stop whining about Jerry West now...

West will escape all criticism like he always does. Already seen Clipper fans saying, what was he supposed to do, get on the court to protect the lead?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#92 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:38 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:I hope Warriors' fans can finally stop whining about Jerry West now...

West will escape all criticism like he always does. Already seen Clipper fans saying, what was he supposed to do, get on the court to protect the lead?

So West lands a top 3 player in the NBA and a top 15 player in the NBA....and he escapes criticism?

This is on Doc. West will have Doc out of town very soon. A well coached Clipper team will be a completely different animal.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#93 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

So West lands a top 3 player in the NBA and a top 15 player in the NBA....and he escapes criticism?

This is on Doc. West will have Doc out of town very soon. A well coached Clipper team will be a completely different animal.

I like Jerry West but can't stand Warriors' fans who give him all the credit for the teams success. The Clippers overpaid for PG pure and simple.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#94 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 pm

It’s not on Doc or West...

This is a players league all the way

This upset was on Jokic, Murray, George and Kawhi 1 thru 4..

Pop was the greatest coach who ever lived till the day Duncan retired..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#95 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

West gets a lot of credit, but why?. Kawhi was coming to LA no matter what, the Lakers if LeBron wasn't there, the Clippers, whether West was there or not. And then destroying the Clippers future for PG -- I don't know if that was all West, but if you want to give him credit for it, OK.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#96 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:47 pm

The story is how unbelievably great Jokic and Murray would play every time the nuggets fell behind..it’s also about how Kawhi and George froze up under the pressure

Doc had almost nothing to do with it
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#97 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
It's hard to read what you're imagining as anything other than an insanely optimistic projection.

In this video, Wiseman tries to go off the dribble at 4:40 and it ends in disaster because he dribbles himself into a double team.

In this video, Wiseman isn't able to catch the ball trying to seal his man at 1:45 because he bobbles it around with one hand. At 1:55 he takes a terrible fadeaway in the middle of the paint with 24 seconds left on the shot clock. And you're saying he's going to hit midrange shots close to the basket like KD? Come on. KD is one of the greatest midrange shooters of all time. Wiseman is a college kid, which speaks to my point that some of the things you are projecting are so absurd as to not even be worth taking seriously. At 3:20, Wiseman takes a stepback long 2 and gets called for travelling because he didn't take the first shot when it was open. He's not going to be unguardable close to the block. He's going to be a rookie who doesn't have a great feel for the game and tries to do too much when he has the ball in his hands, which is why if he were drafted by the Warriors, he wouldn't play a big role in the offense at all beyond being a lob toy.

Wiseman might be coachable and smart, but it's still going to take him some time to learn how to play at NBA level. Chriss took 4 years to become semi competent and he's pretty sloppy defensively. I will say this though about Chriss, you're wrong when you say he couldn't pass when he showed up to the Warriors. He was making Bogut level passes at the top of the key on dribble hands offs from opening night. I remember that sticking out to me. From a Zach Lowe article:

Golden State often plays through its big men, and it took one practice for Chriss to show he had more passing chops than Warriors brass knew. "We couldn't believe it," Kerr said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29023069/the-luke-walton-all-stars-nine-surprising-players-nba-season

Are we going to forget that this kid is still 19? Are we really going to hyper analyse one game that happen back in November? Are we really not going to expect any sort of improvement in his game? Are we really going to say he is a finished product? Are we really going to say he has not had any sort of NBA training since he left College? Are we really going to listen to any sort of critisism from someone clearly biased against Wiseman in Jonathan Wasserman? You want me to pull up multiple games of Steph and Klay when they were young? In their fresh man year? In their 2nd or 3rd games as college freshmen? You want me to pull of Steph during the Summer league?

I don't know if this will convince you but here is another angle of the game you posted

I am not denying he has work to do. I never said he is already an elite prospect. I'm am saying we cannot pass him up because of what he will bring to this team in comparison to anyone in the top 5. As well as maturity and discipline and willingness to learn and take a back seat behind 3 all time greats. You think the others will take likely to getting minimal touches? Including Deni? I guess they may fall in line, but I believe it will affect Wiseman the least and not affect his game whatsoever and his will to work and improve. It's is just my gut feeling. And I don't know why you keep ignoring the argument I keep bringing up, that coaches limit prospects all the time. You never get to see their full games, I bring up Karl-Anthony Towns, but I don't know why you brushing it off. Who knew what he could do? Who knew about his potential jumpshot? All he did was stick around the basket
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#98 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 pm

idiot Bill Simmons said it's been 20 years since we had a C dominate the playoffs like Jokic...he doesn't understand that Jokic isn't a C and that positions aren't a thing anymore...he's a a 7 foot 300 lb creator and the entire offense runs through him...he's unlike anything we've seen before...
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#99 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:idiot Bill Simmons said it's been 20 years since we had a C dominate the playoffs like Jokic...he doesn't understand that Jokic isn't a C and that positions aren't a thing anymore...he's a a 7 foot 300 lb creator and the entire offense runs through him...he's unlike anything we've seen before...

Fans and media are hardly focusing at all on Jokic and Murray..Those two are MONSTERS
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,239

Post#100 » by Onus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

Are we going to forget that this kid is still 19? Are we really going to hyper analyse one game that happen back in November? Are we really not going to expect any sort of improvement in his game? Are we really going to say he is a finished product? Are we really going to say he has not had any sort of NBA training since he left College? Are we really going to listen to any sort of critisism from someone clearly biased against Wiseman in Jonathan Wasserman? You want me to pull up multiple games of Steph and Klay when they were young? In their fresh man year? In their 2nd or 3rd games as college freshmen? You want me to pull of Steph during the Summer league?

I don't know if this will convince you but here is another angle of the game you posted

I am not denying he has work to do. I never said he is already an elite prospect. I'm am saying we cannot pass him up because of what he will bring to this team in comparison to anyone in the top 5. As well as maturity and discipline and willingness to learn and take a back seat behind 3 all time greats. You think the others will take likely to getting minimal touches? Including Deni? I guess they may fall in line, but I believe it will affect Wiseman the least and not affect his game whatsoever and his will to work and improve. It's is just my gut feeling. And I don't know why you keep ignoring the argument I keep bringing up, that coaches limit prospects all the time. You never get to see their full games, I bring up Karl-Anthony Towns, but I don't know why you brushing it off. Who knew what he could do? Who knew about his potential jumpshot? All he did was stick around the basket

You are delusional if you think wiseman will be taking nba people off the dribble any time soon. Maybe he improves so much that he becomes giannis like but it’s highly unlikely. Giannis has the ability to get low on his dribbles so that he doesn’t get ripped wiseman is not nearly that agile and won’t be taking people off the dribble as a rookie.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors