Around the League - 2019-2020

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#2641 » by Sixersftw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:24 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:Pandemic P is, wow, not great.

Well I guess I'm now Nugs fan #1. This doesn't bode well for them just ask the Sixers and the Flyers and the Phillies and the Eagles...

Clipps maybe a much better team by not doing that Paul G trade.

IDK if Shai would have helped them more this year but Shai and like 5 picks moving forward? Yeah I'd rather have that.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#2642 » by Arsenal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:25 pm

76ciology wrote:Shouldn’t Morey get some criticisms with how he built the team?

Pairing Harden with Dwight?
Trading CP3 for Westbrook?
Then just going micro ball?

Morey and his team didn't want to do the CP3 - Westbrook deal. It was that idiot narcissist owner Fertitta who forced it through.

The blame for that deal goes to Fertitta and Harden, who has never been able to coexist with anyone and forced the trade.

Once they had Westbrook and realized what a mistake they made, they had no other option but to go w/micro-ball.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#2643 » by Arsenal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 pm

76ciology wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
DT RAW wrote:centers only need to rebound, block shots, and defend PnR's in todays nba... thats it

god miami is such an amazingly ran organization its just incredible

I literally cant say **** this organization enough times

Here's how MIami acquired their key players:

1) Butler - S&T for Josh Richardson (who was a 2nd round pick in 2015)
2) Herro - 2019 #13 overall
3) Adebayo - 2017 #14 overall
4) Robinson - UDFA
5) Nunn - UDFA
6) Dragic - Trade for 2 future 1sts
7) Olynyk - FA
8) Jones Jr. - Street FA
9) Iguodala - Trade
10) Crowder - Trade

They built a better team than ours with ZERO top 10 picks. Compare to the assets blown by our front office in the last 4 years.

First class organization from top to bottom.

We decided to play big since we tried to trade for Bynum.

After that we doubled down on playing big, while every team went to go small and being perimeter oriented.

I was thinking about this the other day.. could we have been in a better place if we followed the Lakers blue print by trading every asset including Biid and Ben for two proven stars. A similar move done by Ainge back in 2008-2009 to form the big 3?

The way I see it, we’re like what the Lakers franchise is if they decided to make Ingram and DLo untouchable and decided to trade assets like Kuzma, Randle, Lonzo and future picks instead.

Sometimes we have to be more open minded in evaluating our vision of the game and the value of our assets. And if we’re wrong, we should have corrected our mistakes than doubling down.

Morey also have a similar belief. He once talked about how important it is to have a top 5 big to winning a championship. He then shifted to small ball then micro ball.

We all make mistakes, but what’s important is how we correct this mistakes and rise above it.

What's even more important is acknowledging mistakes were made in the first place. Otherwise how can you correct them?

E.g. not running it back last summer, idiotic trades and signings for Tobias and Horford, coddling Ben and Jo, etc.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#2644 » by Arsenal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:32 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
phillynative wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Damn, how great would it have been for a Jimmy potential game winner followed by a Tatum dagger to really stick it to Josh Harris

:nod: :lol:

Even though i slightly rooted for the heat.

Thing is, I don't think Josh Harris cares either way. He's shown to just simply not give AF about anything other than money.

I disagree. That little rat cares A LOT about his reputation. One of the reasons he buckled and capped Hinkie is because he and some of his partners and their kids were getting teased at school because of how "bad" the Sixers were during The Process.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#2645 » by Sixerscan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Well I guess I'm now Nugs fan #1. This doesn't bode well for them just ask the Sixers and the Flyers and the Phillies and the Eagles...

That's what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum. Kawhi forced them to sell the farm for Pandemic P otherwise he claimed he wouldn't come. No way Jerry West does that insane deal otherwise.

Well that’s how it works... don’t get kawhi otherwise... still probably gave them the best season in franchise history. Certainly the high watermark in terms of relevance.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#2646 » by Arsenal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:46 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:

That's what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum. Kawhi forced them to sell the farm for Pandemic P otherwise he claimed he wouldn't come. No way Jerry West does that insane deal otherwise.

Well that’s how it works... don’t get kawhi otherwise... still probably gave them the best season in franchise history. Certainly the high watermark in terms of relevance.

Of course that's how it works. Now let's see if they ever get over the top. Because that trade was potentially franchise crippling.

At this point they haven't gotten further than the CP3 led Clippers.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#2647 » by Negrodamus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Need the Celtics to get bounced so that at least one prominent Calipari UK player wins an NBA championship.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#2648 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
76ciology wrote:

IDK if Shai would have helped them more this year but Shai and like 5 picks moving forward? Yeah I'd rather have that.

Good point there. I think Shai may never be as good as pandemic P and those 5 picks may end up like nobody like the picks we once valued so high
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,996

Post#2649 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 pm

I think we should try to trade Embiid for Adebayo, he can run much more, can play fast with Simmons, doesn't get gassed at end of games and makes clutch plays down the stretch instead of choking and getting exposed on D. Yeah he cannot score on the ball and is mostly an opportunistic scorer, but we don't need a center to be our scorer. Winning players trump talented but lazy and undisciplined players, and Adebayo is a winning players. We need winning players.
Horrible takes since 2016
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#2650 » by Sixersftw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:24 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Good point there. I think Shai may never be as good as pandemic P and those 5 picks may end up like nobody like the picks we once valued so high

Well one thing to take into consideration is, we had Big Collars Brand, Brett and Elton managing those picks. They have Jerry f'n West. Imagine the trades that a competent GM could do with those picks?
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
76ciology
RealGM

Post#2651 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:IDK if Shai would have helped them more this year but Shai and like 5 picks moving forward? Yeah I'd rather have that.

Well one thing to take into consideration is, we had Big Collars Brand, Brett and Elton managing those picks. They have Jerry f'n West. Imagine the trades that a competent GM could do with those picks?

Maybe. Nobody’s perfect. Ive seen great people make grave mistakes on what they do.

For now, getting PG for Shai and those 5 picks is a great return for the Clips. But next year? Maybe Shai makes a leap or those 5 picks turn into Giannis. Who knows..

From what ive seen.. getting picks is nowhere nearly as difficult as turning them into REAL talent.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#2652 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:I think we should try to trade Embiid for Adebayo, he can run much more, can play fast with Simmons, doesn't get gassed at end of games and makes clutch plays down the stretch instead of choking and getting exposed on D. Yeah he cannot score on the ball and is mostly an opportunistic scorer, but we don't need a center to be our scorer. Winning players trump talented but lazy and undisciplined players, and Adebayo is a winning players. We need winning players.

If we’re trading Biid, it’s for a load of talent that can provide perimeter scoring like James Harden or Beal.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#2653 » by phillynative » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:I think we should try to trade Embiid for Adebayo, he can run much more, can play fast with Simmons, doesn't get gassed at end of games and makes clutch plays down the stretch instead of choking and getting exposed on D. Yeah he cannot score on the ball and is mostly an opportunistic scorer, but we don't need a center to be our scorer. Winning players trump talented but lazy and undisciplined players, and Adebayo is a winning players. We need winning players.

Then who is going to score? lol. Running up and down the court untill the game slows down with no one to put the ball in the hoop in the halfcourt
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#2654 » by Eyeamok » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Knowing the 76ers FO they are probably setting up a public relations campaign saying. Our expectations where high but not as high as the Bucks and the Clippers.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#2655 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:48 pm

phillynative wrote:

Then who is going to score? lol. Running up and down the court untill the game slows down with no one to put the ball in the hoop in the halfcourt

But if the league turned into a relay sport next season, we’d surely be ahead of the curve. We’d be like Warriors circa 2017-2018
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,461

Post#2656 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Arsenal wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
phillynative wrote:
:nod: :lol:

Even though i slightly rooted for the heat.

Thing is, I don't think Josh Harris cares either way. He's shown to just simply not give AF about anything other than money.

I disagree. That little rat cares A LOT about his reputation. One of the reasons he buckled and capped Hinkie is because he and some of his partners and their kids were getting teased at school because of how "bad" the Sixers were during The Process.

Anyone who is openly a fan of this team has been getting teased 25 out of the last 30 years, but I can see this actually happening.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,996

Post#2657 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 pm

76ciology wrote:

If we’re trading Biid, it’s for a load of talent that can provide perimeter scoring like James Harden or Beal.

Obviously that would be the best option, but people told me here that we wouldn't be able to get these playeres for Embiid. So I'm proposing an alternative trade, for a player that almost anyone views as inferior to Embiid but that is really better in playoffs and in end of games, and fits better with Simmons. Moreover, he would bring part of the Heat's culture that we desperately need.
Horrible takes since 2016
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#2658 » by VDT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Bam is terrible fit with Simmons in the half court.

Also any team with Simmons needs two all nba -ish scoring threats to be a threat. A team with Simmons, Bam, Harris and Horford is not very good and worse than the present team.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#2659 » by Kobblehead » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 pm

Fire Doc.
Trade George.

etc

Unacceptable effort all year.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#2660 » by VDT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:25 pm

It's not really the coach's fault imo. The Clippers problem is that they dont have an offensive system to get them some easy shots. At the same time it is hard to have a system with no playmaker, an iso guy in Kawhi and a glorified 3+D guy in George. The same thing will happen to the Nets unless they fix their roster issues. The same thing happened to the Sixers. You cant win with just iso, not even Jordan could do it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers