ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Re: Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back 

Post#41 » by bakafool » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 pm

Uncle Dennis can fck off.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Re: Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back 

Post#42 » by rrdjutriurt » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Meh! Hopefully Giannis soon to be the new, "King of The North"!
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#43 » by jimmy keys » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:56 pm

JN wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:So we trading Siakam, FVV & Norm for Giannis and re-signing this fun guy or what?

Toronto Raptors 2021

Lowry
Anunoby
Leonard
Antetokounmpo
Ibaka

And before you ask yes it's possible cap wise.

How big a pay cut are you expecting Lowry and Ibaka to play for under the scenario? It has to be so low that it is not realistic.

10 mil each per year by then, but Ibaka takes a 1 year deal before. Leonard + Antetokounmpo + OG + TD II + Thomas + Hernandez + FRP leaves us with about $20 mil in space.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 25,992

Post#44 » by Childs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:04 pm

I'll always respect Kawhi and his decision to go home. I won't respect that Lawrence Frank was sitting in our arena stalking Kawhi. I won't respect Beverly tapping on his wrist mocking Dame and PG mocking him as well as an early exit when he's been a joke the last couple of years. I won't respect Morris trying to injure Luka during the Mavs series. That entire organization is full of clowns.
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,132
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#45 » by PRESTIGE » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:23 pm

-He never wanted to be here in the first place

-He never opened up or bonded with the rest of the team during his lone season

-He load managed solely to protect himself and didn’t mind sitting out a quarter of the season to the detriment of the team

-He had no intention of staying but dragged out the free agent process until he could join forces with a fake superstar

-He left a team that won him a ring and catered to his every demand

-He joined the team that was blatantly tampering in order to woo him

-He never appreciated the fact that he was coached by the best coach in the NBA

-He never saw the benefit of staying with the best GM in the league

Him and his team treated his entire tenure here like we were a backwater lottery team that was lucky to have him even suit up. We can appreciate what he did but that doesn’t make him immune from criticism. It was beautiful to see his team lose. I hope it humbles him. I have a feeling later on in his career he’ll look wistfully back with regret and think of all the ‘What Ifs’ that came from his decision.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,760

Post#46 » by ItsDanger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 pm

If I was in Kawhi's position, I would have wanted to play one more season in Toronto as the roster was essentially the same. Winning is not always the #1 priority with these guys. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble. With Kawhi, we win the championship this season as the competition isn't that great. Then he should have left for LA.

Soft take from OP. I'm grateful for what he did for us last season. But his crew used us to get what he wanted in LA. Never forget that. Our team was disrespecting all season. Clippers losing and us barely losing in 2nd round in game 7 shows that last season's championship was more than one player. THis narrative from ignorant fools is tiresome: We only won because KD AND Klay were hurt.
KD is a different story but Klay aspect is total BS. Finals would have been a sweep if it weren't for the refs. They needed a longer series for ratings.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,542

Post#47 » by Mak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Kawhi chose to go home over winning. He is not coming back , or going anywhere else. Clippers will max out PG and Kawhi and be second round exit team for the next 6 years.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#48 » by VancouverRaps » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm

He’s not coming back lol.

Like others have said, it’s possible to respect/like him and still enjoy seeing the Clippers fail. With the way Lawrence Frank was stalking Kawhi last year and how many hate-able players they have on that team, it’s hard not to root against them. I bet many Raps fans would’ve been on the Lakers/LeBron bandwagon if the Clips won last night which is something a lot of us never thought we’d be doing.

Thank God for the Nuggets
We the Champs
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#49 » by howlin mad axer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Kawhi didn't win the Raptors a title, Durant and Thompson getting injured did.
BBallG
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,749

Post#50 » by BBallG » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:57 pm

I'm grateful that he helped us win a championship, but he should've defended that chip. He just had the best season of his career, got a ridiculous amount of exposure on route to winning it all as the main guy, but didn't want to run it back at least one more time? Nah brah FOH with shiz...Karma is a bitch my dude.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#52 » by TheAlchemist » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:39 pm

He hobbled on one leg to win us a championship.

He never complained while he was here that he wanted to leave. He focused on rehabbing his leg so that he can play.

After the final victory, he couldn't WALK.

He left it all out on the court for us and won the finals MVP, brought a chip to this city.

You guys are disrespectful and ungrateful.

Wish you where here for the Vince carter days to understand what a garbage player is.

I completely agree with OP.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,072

Post#53 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm

I'm sure the Raptors would gladly take him back, but you don't get your jersey in the rafters when you bail on a championship team after one year. That's absurd.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#54 » by Inevitable » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm

Glad he put us over the edge but now I hope he never wins again. Some of you stans don’t remember those slick comments he made about Nurse or how he felt we didn’t have enough to win.

Enjoy that cursed franchise!
Jenga_tDot
Analyst
And1: 4,737

Post#55 » by Jenga_tDot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:55 pm

He does not deserve his number in the rafters. As good as he was, he was only with us for ONE year lmao.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#56 » by Danny1616 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:57 pm

I love Kawhi and am appreciative of his championship run with us. I still think he's best two way player in the league.

At the same time I thought it was dumb of him to leave our team when he had the easiest path to a chip with us and I hoped the Clippers would be a disaster.

If he wants to come back then why wouldn't we accept him? We obviously would. It would just be unfortunate that he blew running it back another year with Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol still able to contribute and the emergence of Fred, Pascal and OG into really good players.

Don't know what the point of this thread is.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,951

Post#57 » by Coco Costanza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Berserk_Raptor wrote:Dont missunderstand me, I can be happy or at least less sad because the clippers failed to make the ECF, and thats one thing, but come on... we cant be salty he didnt sign with the Raps, he wanted to go home...
I find these comments absurd...

For the ones defending Kawhi remember this:

- he strung us along in every way possible
- he strung his long time teammate Danny Green along
- he got money under the table and he got Balmer to try and buy his logo while he was still in the playoffs for us
- His crew were sending out signals he was leaving through Woj in the finals before playoffs ended
- He got clippers to empty their chest and future for PG

He doesn’t give a sht about anyone but himself. Blaming his uncle is a copout.

He deserves every loss he gets going forward

And people want to see his jersey hanging in the rafters?

Come on, Kawhi already had 2 rings by the time he signed with the Clippers, dont you think he couldve considered more important to play in his hometown?

I made the second "absurd" take.

And I stand by it. I think it's ridiculous that some fans think he deserves his jersey retired (and some even think he needs a statue) after he played one season for us, all the while not wanting to be here. All while the Raptors bent over backwards for him, all while he never got involved with the community. It was always Kawhi + the Raptors. I can appreciate he's a good player, but personality wise, how he felt about the organization, the way he conducts himself, I don't think he deserves his jersey retired.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
scirocco53
Senior
And1: 164

Post#58 » by scirocco53 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 pm

PRESTIGE wrote:-He never wanted to be here in the first place

-He never opened up or bonded with the rest of the team during his lone season

-He load managed solely to protect himself and didn’t mind sitting out a quarter of the season to the detriment of the team

-He had no intention of staying but dragged out the free agent process until he could join forces with a fake superstar

-He left a team that won him a ring and catered to his every demand

-He joined the team that was blatantly tampering in order to woo him

-He never appreciated the fact that he was coached by the best coach in the NBA

-He never saw the benefit of staying with the best GM in the league

Him and his team treated his entire tenure here like we were a backwater lottery team that was lucky to have him even suit up. We can appreciate what he did but that doesn’t make him immune from criticism. It was beautiful to see his team lose. I hope it humbles him. I have a feeling later on in his career he’ll look wistfully back with regret and think of all the ‘What Ifs’ that came from his decision.

Someone had to say it.
"Release the hounds"
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,097

Post#59 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 pm

i think we all respect him. nobody just liked his decision to leave us cause obviously, it wouldve been the first time we ever actually signed an actual proven superstar, other than maybe vince. our team has been treadmilling for too long and its just not fair so people like me are maybe just annoyed and impatient. we couldve had vince and t-mac, nope. we had to deal with bargnani's atrocity, we had to deal with losing bosh, then deal with the rudy gay situation where i thought we wouldve been a top team, then we were all tricked by bruno, thinking he was the next kevin durant, then we were patient with the lowry/demar dynamic duo never working, along with many more that i have missed. one championship does not do enough in my opinion. i thought it was going to be a start if anything but then kawhi had to be dramatic and wanted to go "work at home". we never catch a damn break. at this point its giannis or we r fked for another 20 years
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
VintageVince
Rookie
And1: 926

Post#60 » by VintageVince » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Paul george and kawhi should both sign with OKC next off season, and get keep the 5 picks from clippers. Now wouldnt that be something hahaha

Return to Toronto Raptors