ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (2-0 Miami)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Series Prediction

Celtics in 6
24%
Celtics in 7
24%
Heat in 4
7%
Heat in 5
18%
Heat in 6
25%
Heat in 7
2%

Total votes: 135

jdm_dc_fan
Senior
And1: 388

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#101 » by jdm_dc_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Paz wrote:
CoP wrote:
goodboys lats wrote:Look at the points in the paint differential. That's why the Heat shot more FTs (though the Celtics shot over 90% from FT good luck on that again)

This series is going Heat in 4 or 5. Celtics best players are too young and Kemba sucks in the clutch.

I'll be optimistic and say that I don't think the Heat will get the same kind of production from Dragic/Crowder/Herro that they got last night. They've been shooting the **** out of the ball all playoffs, though, so it's more of a hope that they cool off more than anything else.

I hope that doesn't happen although I can understand why you do. Crowder has been spectacular for us, def the best part of the iggy/winslow trade IMO. The Celtics did a great job on some of our offensive weapons, Duncan specifically. They took him out of the game from almost the jump. Herro had a mild game though, to his recent playoff standard, so I don't see a drop off from him, whatsoever. Celtics defense it top notch but HEAT game closing defense has been stifling. This is going to be a great series.

Hero had a mild game!? Double his rebound average, almost triple his assist average and almost matched his Ppg average. At 40% 3 point and 50% Fg!? If this is a mild game then Boston needs Hayward back ASAP
jdm_dc_fan
Senior
And1: 388

Post#102 » by jdm_dc_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Not much of a difference from before game 1 in hindsight. This can go either way but likely Boston in a long series. If Miami keeps shooting the three the way they are, they deserve the ECF tidal. But I don’t think they do.
goodboys lats
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,159

Post#103 » by goodboys lats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Please know I'm just talking friendly smack. Don't take it too seriously. The series absolutely could go long and that game last night was fantastic. It sure is fun though. :)

Celtics are in trouble if they lose game 2 though, no doubt.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#104 » by Vlade Divac » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Boston needs way more from Brown and especially Kemba. They are lucky that they have excellent contribution from their bench, like they had in whole series with Toronto which is for me totally unexpected. Tatum is playing great and is also on a lucky hot shooting streak in last 5-6 games - some of his shot making is against the law of physics, but it is what it is.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#105 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:45 pm

CoP wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
CoP wrote:If Hayward doesn't come back, it very well could be. The Heat defense is absolutely suffocating when they step up the intensity.

We may lose the series but there’s no chance this doesn’t go at least 6. No way.

I just feel like the Heat are better at the end of games, and the Celtics have showed several times these playoffs - last night and a few games vs. the Raptors - that they can struggle at the end of games.

I hear ya but still no way we get swept. Also I think you need to temper expectations on Hayward, he’ll be a key addition primarily as another playmaker to dribble into the zone and create shots and knock down a shot here or there but he hasn’t played in 5 weeks and he will most likely be rusty.

Celtics have to dance with who brought them and if Hayward gives us anything substantial it’s house money.
GotDaSauce
RealGM
And1: 9,564

Post#106 » by GotDaSauce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:49 pm

CoP wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
CoP wrote:If Hayward doesn't come back, it very well could be. The Heat defense is absolutely suffocating when they step up the intensity.

We may lose the series but there’s no chance this doesn’t go at least 6. No way.

I just feel like the Heat are better at the end of games, and the Celtics have showed several times these playoffs - last night and a few games vs. the Raptors - that they can struggle at the end of games.

The Kemba dribble for 20 seconds close to half court and then make a move offense needs to be addressed. If they smarten up and actually try and run some type of offense the series can turn around quickly.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#107 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:Boston needs way more from Brown and especially Kemba. They are lucky that they have excellent contribution from their bench, like they had in whole series with Toronto which is for me totally unexpected. Tatum is playing great and is also on a lucky hot shooting streak in last 5-6 games - some of his shot making is against the law of physics, but it is what it is.

Tatum was 10-24 last night and 0-7 down the stretch. he can be a a lot better particularly if he doesn’t settle down the end of the game. He’s master that side step, one dribble pull up 3 that’s what he does
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,287

Post#108 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:51 pm

GotDaSauce wrote:
CoP wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

The Kemba dribble for 20 seconds close to half court and then make a move offense needs to be addressed. If they smarten up and actually try and run some type of offense the series can turn around quickly.

The play at the end of the 4th was dreadful. Kemba holds ball for 15 seconds without dribbling, passes to Tatum for contested 30-footer. Yuck.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,462

Post#109 » by fishfuego. » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:51 pm

HerroBalls wrote:Can’t help but feel like we stole a game that we shouldn’t have won. Makes me feel great moving forward and our adjustments will continue to carry us.

Team showed so much heart and toughness tonight. Interested to see how Boston comes out the gates tomorrow

With a minute and four seconds in the fourth the Celtics were up 5 after a Kemba tough shot. I was very concerned and confident at the same time, I have seen the Heat in this situation all this year. I remember against Philly when Herro made a crucial 3. Well Herro was crucial at the 1:04 minute mark 4th Q with a 3, then Butler with another tough 3 right after to put the Heat up one. Either team could have won this thing.
Glad it was the Heat, but I don’t wanna take anything from the Celtics.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#110 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 pm

CoP wrote:
GotDaSauce wrote:
CoP wrote:I just feel like the Heat are better at the end of games, and the Celtics have showed several times these playoffs - last night and a few games vs. the Raptors - that they can struggle at the end of games.

The play at the end of the 4th was dreadful. Kemba holds ball for 15 seconds without dribbling, passes to Tatum for contested 30-footer. Yuck.

People called Luka the goat after making the exact same shot in the exact same spot. It’s all about whether it goes in or not
Read on Twitter
Mujakki
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#111 » by Mujakki » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm

CoP wrote:
goodboys lats wrote:Look at the points in the paint differential. That's why the Heat shot more FTs (though the Celtics shot over 90% from FT good luck on that again)

This series is going Heat in 4 or 5. Celtics best players are too young and Kemba sucks in the clutch.

I'll be optimistic and say that I don't think the Heat will get the same kind of production from Dragic/Crowder/Herro that they got last night. They've been shooting the **** out of the ball all playoffs, though, so it's more of a hope that they cool off more than anything else.

We were the best shooting team in the NBA this season before the layoff and then finished at #2. This isn't a hot streak. This is why we're in the ECFs.
Mujakki
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#112 » by Mujakki » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:32 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Boston needs way more from Brown and especially Kemba. They are lucky that they have excellent contribution from their bench, like they had in whole series with Toronto which is for me totally unexpected. Tatum is playing great and is also on a lucky hot shooting streak in last 5-6 games - some of his shot making is against the law of physics, but it is what it is.

Tatum was 10-24 last night and 0-7 down the stretch. he can be a a lot better particularly if he doesn’t settle down the end of the game. He’s master that side step, one dribble pull up 3 that’s what he does

That's 42% shooting which is actually higher than he averaged against Toronto last series.
goodboys lats
Pro Prospect

Post#113 » by goodboys lats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Didn't Tatum's family just show up? He might have some tired legs for game 2 lol
shi-woo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,099

Post#114 » by shi-woo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 pm

This game was about the Celtics inability to execute down the stretch. Like many posters said, they settled for iso's in the final 4 minutes, and it killed us.

For some reason they were scared to drive, kick, and swing the ball around in the 4th. Mia played good, but I saw no reason why they should have stopped doing that. Kemba played scared, I get it, but Brown and Tatum should have been driving to the hoop, even more so because the refs were kind of garbage in the 4th, calling some pretty tick tack fouls on both teams.

Boston played MIA perfectly, they just got too full of themselves, wasted too many possessions on dumb heat checks, and went iso too much in the 4th.

The main adjustment I saw for them was more initiation by players not named Kemba Walker. Take Kemba off ball, or have him run the same handoff plays we used to do with IT. But I think getting him going off ball and making some easy shots that would usually go to Smart or Brown in the corner will help him get going.
CoP
Head Coach

Post#115 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 pm

Mujakki wrote:
CoP wrote:

We were the best shooting team in the NBA this season before the layoff and then finished at #2. This isn't a hot streak. This is why we're in the ECFs.

That's fair, although you did shoot better from 3 last night than your RS/playoff averages. And again, it's a hope!
CoP
Head Coach

Post#116 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:36 pm

I noticed that Miami threw a double at Jaylen quite a few times last night, I think they were testing him to see if they could force a turnover. He did well in passing out of them for the most part. I wasn't that down on Brown's game last night, but Kemba? Yeah, for sure. He has cooled off so much the last few games.
goodboys lats
Pro Prospect

Post#117 » by goodboys lats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:36 pm

CoP wrote:
Mujakki wrote:
CoP wrote:I'll be optimistic and say that I don't think the Heat will get the same kind of production from Dragic/Crowder/Herro that they got last night. They've been shooting the **** out of the ball all playoffs, though, so it's more of a hope that they cool off more than anything else.

We were the best shooting team in the NBA thisseason before the layoff and then finished at #2. This isn't a hot streak. This is why we're in the ECFs.

That's fair, although you did shoot better from 3 last night than your RS/playoff averages. And again, it's a hope!

That's the thing about averages, at times you're going to be above that. They had two of their worst quarters of the playoffs in this game. The Heat have a lot of adjustments to make. The late game defensive hustle won't win every close game.
CoP
Head Coach

Post#118 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#119 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:55 pm

CoP wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh, lol. Thanks for noting the obvious, Brad. :D I have no idea, how he let the team run no plays for basically 2 minutes at the end of the 4th. It was stupid and it cost them the game.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,352

Post#120 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:57 pm

CoP wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
CoP wrote:Stop crying about the refs dude, your team got the win. The officiating was fine.

why would i be crying, we got the win even after that horrible call which sent the game to over time.

I don't know why you would be crying. Why were you? Reminder:
MHeat0279 wrote:That last foul called on the Heat to tie the game up, was a disgrace, that game should have been over in regulation.

Somebody has to bring you down from your team greatness cloud. Check the coments in this thread, everybody without green homer glasses saw such horrible call in favor of Boston.

Return to The General Board