Post#41 » by City of Trees » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:52 pm

I love his potential. 1st round talent.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#42 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:09 pm

I love the guy as a prospect! I have him in my top 10. If he ends up getting drafted outside of the top 10 and goes to a Hall of Fame coach like Pops, watch out, he is going to be special!
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,181

Post#43 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:53 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:I love the guy as a prospect! I have him in my top 10. If he ends up getting drafted outside of the top 10 and goes to a Hall of Fame coach like Pops, watch out, he is going to be special!

Well you're in luck because he wont' be drafted anywhere near the top 10. :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#44 » by MotownMadness » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:41 pm

I think he'll avg a low double double. This guy was constantly getting gaudy numbers
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,552

Post#45 » by MemphisX » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:18 am

Unplayable in today's game for any team looking to do anything in the post season. Not worth any pick before 45.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#46 » by kobyz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:34 pm

MemphisX wrote:Unplayable in today's game for any team looking to do anything in the post season. Not worth any pick before 45.

lol, he could start on a bunch of teams, Celtics would be glad to upgrade the center position with him...
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#47 » by EvanZ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:10 pm

kobyz wrote:
MemphisX wrote:Unplayable in today's game for any team looking to do anything in the post season. Not worth any pick before 45.

lol, he could start on a bunch of teams, Celtics would be glad to upgrade the center position with him...

lol no
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#48 » by doordoor123 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 pm

The problem with Oturu is sliding on the perimeter. He might end up being a really good offensive player who can block shots, but he doesn’t have crazy size and can’t really slide on defense. Also can be kind of a black hole on offense, but that can be said about most bigs getting drafted this year. That’s the theme of this draft, guys who prefer trying to score than getting others involved.
kobyz
Rookie

Post#49 » by kobyz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:33 am

doordoor123 wrote:The problem with Oturu is sliding on the perimeter. He might end up being a really good offensive player who can block shots, but he doesn’t have crazy size and can’t really slide on defense. Also can be kind of a black hole on offense, but that can be said about most bigs getting drafted this year. That’s the theme of this draft, guys who prefer trying to score than getting others involved.

All those things you've said about Wendell Carter Jr
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by doordoor123 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:19 pm

kobyz wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:The problem with Oturu is sliding on the perimeter. He might end up being a really good offensive player who can block shots, but he doesn’t have crazy size and can’t really slide on defense. Also can be kind of a black hole on offense, but that can be said about most bigs getting drafted this year. That’s the theme of this draft, guys who prefer trying to score than getting others involved.

When? Because my takes on Wendell Carter varied throughout that year. I don’t think you’re talking about me. He’s less athletic speed-wise and vertically than Carter. Carter was also a much better passer. I actually thought Carter would be able to move his feet. I’m pretty sure I had Carter super high so I don’t think that’s true.
kobyz
Rookie

Post#51 » by kobyz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:09 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
kobyz wrote:

When? Because my takes on Wendell Carter varied throughout that year. I don’t think you’re talking about me. He’s less athletic speed-wise and vertically than Carter. Carter was also a much better passer. I actually thought Carter would be able to move his feet. I’m pretty sure I had Carter super high so I don’t think that’s true.

I'm not talking about you specific, I'm talking about all those skeptical guys who automatically disqualify those type of bigs to translate
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#52 » by babyjax13 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:00 pm

Oturo kind of reminds me of Thomas Bryant? Is that a crazy comp? I don't have strong opinions of him being undermocked, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a first round pick and if someone reaches for him (e.g. Sacramento because Sacramento), but I don't hate what I see at all.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,803

Post#53 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:03 pm

I think he likely tops out as an elite backup caliber center and to me, thats worth a late 1st rounder.

I think he could come in an give Portland 15-18 good bench minutes as a rookie, but 16 is just too high for a guy that doesnt have a realistic path to becoming a starter, because Nurkic.

I see him somewhere between Thomas Bryant and Kabengle.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#54 » by EvanZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:12 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Oturo kind of reminds me of Thomas Bryant? Is that a crazy comp? I don't have strong opinions of him being undermocked, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a first round pick and if someone reaches for him (e.g. Sacramento because Sacramento), but I don't hate what I see at all.

Less skilled version of Bryant sounds about right.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#55 » by EvanZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

^^^ this
kobyz
Rookie

Post#56 » by kobyz » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:28 pm

I see Vin Baker
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#57 » by Stillwater » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:58 am

he has the potential to be drafted as high as late lottery imo.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by doordoor123 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:30 am

EvanZ wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

^^^ this

Two players that aren’t near their potential?
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Post#59 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:52 am

Oturu's floor is the Sixers' Al Horford. his ceiling could be a fringe all star like LaMarcus Aldridge.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#60 » by Stillwater » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Oturu's floor is the Sixers' Al Horford. his ceiling could be a fringe all star like LaMarcus Aldridge.

I doubt his floor should be compared to 2 above avg offensive players when in their prime.
Maybe he can get there but that aint his floor by any means. I think his ceiling is a poor mans Myles Turner and his floor is
somebody like Brice Johnson and his most likely early comp is better version of Bobby Portis
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to NBA Draft