ImageImageImageImageImage

Rumour: Gasol Considering Return to Europe

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Re: Rumour: Gasol Considering Return to Europe 

Post#61 » by ZemGOAT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Retire his jersey just for what he did to Embiid
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,003

Post#62 » by kalel123 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Was thinking we could keep him on one year deal. Help keep things respectable and still not hurt that 2021 offseason cap room to go after the big fish.
scirocco53
Senior
And1: 164

Post#63 » by scirocco53 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:05 pm

[url][/url]
"Release the hounds"
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#64 » by COY0607 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 pm

He never going to play more than 5 mins in a meaningful NBA game again. Europe is probably a better option for him, albeit probably at a financial loss
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Re: Rumour: Gasol Considering Return to Barcelona 

Post#65 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Zeno wrote:I still think he ends up on the Clippers next year but this has got to make Embiid really really happy.

this. i would love embiid here. he instantly puts us with the nets and bucks and the top of the east. he was LITERALLY single-handedly trying to win the games against Boston. nobody else was putting in true effort. embiid dropped 30+ all 4 games. he is the best C in the league by far (AD is technically a 4). i personally think he is even better than AD but its arguable. He needs to be in a winning culture and he can reach even bigger heights. Imagine this team:

Lowry/FVV
Oladipo/Norm
OG/RHJ
Siakam/Boucher
Embiid/Ibaka

this is finals worthy and a team that masai can watch and nut himself, not only because we would be dominate, but because the amount of africans
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,934

Post#66 » by Anticon » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Not surprising. Probably if he was planning to move his family home you may as well go now. He's still got a bit in the tank and would likely excel more over there than here. Think the NBA game is just a bit too fast for him now.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,517

Post#67 » by ropjhk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Can't blame him for wanting to play in Spain. He may be able to get a better deal there vs. the NBA.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#68 » by Dalek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 pm

Brinbe wrote:Makes drafting a big make more sense too...

Oturu time???

I am really liking Oturu the more I watch him. Only 20 (soon to be 21), made a huge leap in scoring in year two, rebounds like a mad man, and moves pretty well laterally for a big man. He'd be a nice draft pick at 29. He just needs to add some lower body strength so he doesn't get pushed in the post as much. His base is the only problem I see as it makes him a little unbalanced at times and leads to his poor shots and some bad passes.

He is a pretty big drop-off of Gasol. Killian Tillie has a more similar stretch 5 game with some passing upside.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,578

Post#69 » by NeoDragonKnight » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 pm

Retire from the NBA as a championship Raptor, I like it. Despite his woes this year, still the best center we have ever had. Super high bbiq, not a high flier, but has the best positioning I have ever seen by a center to take angles away that don't count on the stat sheet, far superior style of play then high flying shot blocking centers. Offensive facilitating was amazing, just sad he lost so much of his scoring, luckily it wasn't needed last year, but was sorely missed this year with no Kawhi. Never hated him like others did this year. Will be very very hard to replace. I honestly would have liked to have a young center and Gasol to menor and teach.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,851

Post#70 » by VancouverRaps » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:32 pm

He still has his sons, Joel Embiid and Nikola Vucevic, to carry on his legacy in the NBA
We the Champs
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,851

Post#71 » by VancouverRaps » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:34 pm

NeoDragonKnight wrote:Retire from the NBA as a championship Raptor, I like it. Despite his woes this year, still the best center we have ever had. Super high bbiq, not a high flier, but has the best positioning I have ever seen by a center to take angles away that don't count on the stat sheet, far superior style of play then high flying shot blocking centers. Offensive facilitating was amazing, just sad he lost so much of his scoring, luckily it wasn't needed last year, but was sorely missed this year with no Kawhi. Never hated him like others did this year. Will be very very hard to replace. I honestly would have liked to have a young center and Gasol to menor and teach.

Plus his screens were the most underrated part of his game, I can see why Conley has so much success playing with Marc in his prime. He’s a scoring guard’s dream to play with with his screening and playmaking.
We the Champs
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#72 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 pm

ruckus wrote:As much as I like Serge's personality, I'd rather have Gasol back next year over Ibaka. If we lose both guys, I don't know who we'd use to fill the C spot. Boucher isn't ready for starter minutes and Hernandez barely got playing time with the 905 due to injury. And I don't find any of the free agent big men all that appealing. Tristan on a MLE? Meyers Leonard? Bertans would be interesting but hes not really a C. I don't know what Baynes would command.

I think we should make Serge the priority off season signing. We can easily draft another centre this draft (Nnaji) and have Paskal chip in with small ball 5. Boucher can back Paskal at the 4. We should always strive for continuity.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#73 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Me after reading this

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#74 » by Psubs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Me after reading this

Coincidentally, that's Marc after reading that.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#75 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Dalek wrote:

Oturu time???

I am really liking Oturu the more I watch him. Only 20 (soon to be 21), made a huge leap in scoring in year two, rebounds like a mad man, and moves pretty well laterally for a big man. He'd be a nice draft pick at 29. He just needs to add some lower body strength so he doesn't get pushed in the post as much. His base is the only problem I see as it makes him a little unbalanced at times and leads to his poor shots and some bad passes.

He is a pretty big drop-off of Gasol. Killian Tillie has a more similar stretch 5 game with some passing upside.
Oturu is not going to be there at 29. He fits the mold of a modern big too well. I predict he goes early 20’s.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Psubs
RealGM

Post#76 » by Psubs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:27 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
ruckus wrote:As much as I like Serge's personality, I'd rather have Gasol back next year over Ibaka. If we lose both guys, I don't know who we'd use to fill the C spot. Boucher isn't ready for starter minutes and Hernandez barely got playing time with the 905 due to injury. And I don't find any of the free agent big men all that appealing. Tristan on a MLE? Meyers Leonard? Bertans would be interesting but hes not really a C. I don't know what Baynes would command.

I think we should make Serge the priority off season signing. We can easily draft another centre this draft (Nnaji) and have Paskal chip in with small ball 5. Boucher can back Paskal at the 4. We should always strive for continuity.

:starwars

Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. The Rule of Two.

When the new measurements without shoes came out and Marc was 6'11 and Serge was 7 ft tall. :D
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#77 » by tdotrep2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 pm

i would still offer him a low contract, but i would look to either draft or bring in another center for him to mentor. Christian Wood would fit our team so well, i wonder what he would command.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#78 » by Psubs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Dalek wrote:

Oturu time???

Oturu is not going to be there at 29. He fits the mold of a modern big too well. I predict he goes early 20’s.

Jalen Smith and Stewart are likely drafted too. So there might be Vernon Carey or Reggie Perry that drop. They can't all be drafted before 29.

Smith, Oturu, Stewart, Carey, Nnaji, Perry, Pokusevski, Reed, Tillman all can't be drafted in the 1st round. So we could have a pick between a few of them.

Smaller players like Isiaah Joe, Bolmaro, Manion, Maxey, Dotson, Quickley would have to be 2nd rounders then.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#79 » by Psubs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:37 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:i would still offer him a low contract, but i would look to either draft or bring in another center for him to mentor. Christian Wood would fit our team so well, i wonder what he would command.

I would like the MLE but he's probably going for the Brinks truck. As close to $20 million as his agent can get. I think he could get $15 million if Bobby Portis got that.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#80 » by tdotrep2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Psubs wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:i would still offer him a low contract, but i would look to either draft or bring in another center for him to mentor. Christian Wood would fit our team so well, i wonder what he would command.

I would like the MLE but he's probably going for the Brinks truck. As close to $20 million as his agent can get. I think he could get $15 million if Bobby Portis got that.

maybe, but who knows with this shortened season. I think he could be our center for the next 5 years tho and might be worth going for.

Return to Toronto Raptors