ImageImageImage

Jayson Tatum selected to all NBA third team

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,313

Jayson Tatum selected to all NBA third team 

Post#1 » by Homerclease » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Congratulations Jayson!

In hindsight Siakam second team is a joke
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Re: Jayson Tatum selected to all NBA third team 

Post#2 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

well deserved. I don't think he cracks the 2nd team until he beefs up a little more which should help finishing at the rim, improves his FT shooting to 85-90% and becomes a better playmaker. He's capable of these things and I actually expect it. But I don't know if it's going to happen for next season since there's barely an offseason.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#3 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 pm

LOL @ Siakam on 2nd team All-NBA ahead of Tatum and Butler.

WE SAW THE TRUTH
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#4 » by Green89 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Siakam and Tatum should have been swapped with Tatum on the 2nd team.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,144

Post#5 » by DarkAzcura » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:27 pm

So much hype for Siakam. I guess people stopped paying attention after January 1, 2020.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#6 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 pm

Easy second team next year. lol Russ Westbrook.

But it Tatum stays third and keeps his max salary down as a result, I think I'll be just fine with seeing him snubbed.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#7 » by BillTheGOAT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 pm

JT should really workout with Giannis’ trainer and maybe Giannis as well this offseason.

His lack of strength in his lower body foremost is what makes him miss alot of layups and not being able to finish at the rim at a higher level. Giannis would have smashed that dunk easily. Doesnt need to put on a ton of upperbody muscle but his legs definitely needs more strength.

If he realises this after the season is done and during these playoffs he will elevate himself into a top 5 player in a couple of years.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,210

Post#8 » by bisme37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

I'd pick Tatum over Siakam 10 times out of 10. I was trying to figure out what happened here and I think it's just that their counting stats are nearly identical and voters don't look at efficiency or advanced stats. So Pascal probably got the nod simply because his team had the slightly better record.

In any case I'm super happy for JT.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#9 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

Tatum will put up 35/12/6 on 20 shots tomorrow.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#10 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

BillTheGOAT wrote:JT should really workout with Giannis’ trainer and maybe Giannis as well this offseason.

His lack of strength in his lower body foremost is what makes him miss alot of layups and not being able to finish at the rim. Giannis would have smashed that dunk easily. Doesnt need to put on a ton of upperbody muscle but his legs definitely needs more strength.

If he realises this after the season is done and during these playoffs he will elevate himself into a top 5 player in a couple of years.

To be fair there’s about 4 guys maybeeee in the whole league who could block that shot and about 3 who would be able to dunk that ball down over bam
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,144

Post#11 » by DarkAzcura » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Easy second team next year. lol Russ Westbrook.

But it Tatum stays third and keeps his max salary down as a result, I think I'll be just fine with seeing him snubbed.

I don’t think it matters what team he makes as long as he makes one. The implications are the same across all 3 teams, I believe.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#12 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

Looks like he missed 2nd team by a vote
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#13 » by bisme37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:03 pm

BillTheGOAT wrote:JT should really workout with Giannis’ trainer and maybe Giannis as well this offseason.

His lack of strength in his lower body foremost is what makes him miss alot of layups and not being able to finish at the rim at a higher level. Giannis would have smashed that dunk easily. Doesnt need to put on a ton of upperbody muscle but his legs definitely needs more strength.

The entire GB hates Giannis' trainer for making him too muscular and breaking his jump shot.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#14 » by Parliament10 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Congrats.

(P.S.: Tatum should be 2nd Team over Siakam.)
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#15 » by BillTheGOAT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 pm

bisme37 wrote:

The entire GB hates Giannis' trainer for making him too muscular and breaking his jump shot.

I’m talking about more strength to his lower body, not packing on muscle or changing his shot mechanics.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#16 » by jfs1000d » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:

His lack of strength in his lower body foremost is what makes him miss alot of layups and not being able to finish at the rim. Giannis would have smashed that dunk easily. Doesnt need to put on a ton of upperbody muscle but his legs definitely needs more strength.

To be fair there’s about 4 guys maybeeee in the whole league who could block that shot and about 3 who would be able to dunk that ball down over bam

Tatum did nothing wrong. Great play by Bam. That was such a low percentage block attempt and Bam sold out and made an incredible play. That's a tip your cap moment, just like on the butter drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#17 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:57 pm

No worries, JT. The important thing is you're NBA first team in our hearts.

IINM, JT is the third All-NBA teamer under Stevens -- IT (2017, 2nd), Kyrie (2019, 2nd).

Fun Fact: The last time an NBA champion didn't have either an NBA 1st or NBA 2nd team member on the roster was 1995 (Hakeem and Clyde were 3rd teamers).
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#18 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Siakam sucks.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#19 » by bisme37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Tatum did nothing wrong. Great play by Bam. That was such a low percentage block attempt and Bam sold out and made an incredible play. That's a tip your cap moment, just like on the butter drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen a misconception among some that the guy dunking has the advantage on a play like that and JT should have been able to punch it through Bam's block.

It reminds me of a joust in volleyball. When the ball is directly above the net and a player on each side jumps up to try to push it to the other side of the net with both "jousting" against each other. The player who has the advantage in that situation is actually the one who jumps 2nd, not 1st.

You have more power and leverage on your side when you're on your jump up off the ground and are pushing the ball up than you do when you've already reached the peak of your jump and are pushing the ball down.

And especially when we're talking about someone with the strength and timing of Adebayo.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#20 » by 3D Chess » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:24 pm

Also, JT had about 75% of the ball over the basket, Bam just has the wrist strength of a 15 year old who just discovered the internet. Insane block.

Return to Boston Celtics