ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Fire Doc Rivers thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,681

Re: Official Fire Doc Rivers thread 

Post#301 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:57 pm

Your whole front office other than West were Doc’s hires, what would you expect? Superstars performed like chicken while series was on the line, they are not qualified to voice a coaching change at this moment. Baller has to listen to management and players to make such decision. If I were him, I’d fire Lawrence Frank first, replace Doc’s coup one by one, then at certain point, fire him...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#302 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:
LamarWho wrote:
Jeffroxyx wrote:

Ballmer knows how to run Microsoft. An NBA team is not so easy. You can't just CTRL ALT DEL the season.

No he doesn't. He was one of the worst CEO in the tech industry. He was clueless and lacked vision. But that's irrelevant now, he owns a sports team, not running a tech company.

he has charm, luck... but he probably is the worst CEO

I don't know about the worst but after he left MS took off and the value of his MSFT stock doubled.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#303 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 pm

How many years left on Doc's deal?

Maybe they didn't want to eat that contract.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,041

Post#304 » by LamarWho » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 pm

wco81 wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:
LamarWho wrote:
No he doesn't. He was one of the worst CEO in the tech industry. He was clueless and lacked vision. But that's irrelevant now, he owns a sports team, not running a tech company.

he has charm, luck... but he probably is the worst CEO

I don't know about the worst but after he left MS took off and the value of his MSFT stock doubled.

Steve Jobs took him to school in Mobile devices/Tablets/Portable music players. Oh and don't forget about Windows Vista.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#305 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 pm

I'm calling it.
West fires Rivers, gives a huge contract to Jeff Van Gundy with free reign to hire his staff. JVG hires brother Stan as consultant and Mark Jackson as assistant.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#306 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Welp. I'm done watching this team until he's fired.
donemilio21
Veteran
And1: 763

Post#307 » by donemilio21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:
LamarWho wrote:

I actually know a few people at Microsoft and that seems to be the consensus. He enjoyed being the CEO when Microsoft was nearly a monopoly in business software, but it could not catch up when aggressive competitors came to marketplace. He did not want to invest in R&D and new products, Satya Nadella changed the course of the company drastically.

. He has a definite skillset, was a great sales exec, but he's not a visionary in any way.

All that being said, it doesn't matter too much in the current context and I can only compliment him for everything thus far in his Clipper ownership. He has the money, is a passionate basketball fan, and is smart enough not to try to lead the decision-making.

That's it. He is a Sales guy. That's why he likes Doc. Doc is a Sales guy. He poses. He sells himself.

Ballmer is not supposed to coach or do trades. But he is the one to put the right people in those places. He is clearly brainwashed by Doc's bull.
donemilio21
Veteran

Post#308 » by donemilio21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 am

TheNewEra wrote:
og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Welp. I'm done watching this team until he's fired.

Maybe it will be like SVG with Wade and Shaq. Let's see what you do to start the season, then we'll decide. Who knows. I'm not the biggest fan of in season coaching changes though.

I think Haynes is guessing going off no strong leads. No chance the front office made a decision that fast without even trying or seeing if there are any better options. It’s a spit in the face of clipper fans to bring him back again

Front Office is incompetent if they are trying to evaluate Doc's performance. A competent front office would have made the decision to fire him him by game 4 of Dallas series as soon as the season is over.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#309 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:10 am

Jeff Van Gundy has been out of coaching for nearly 15 years.

No way we hire that guy.
It’s not like he was the defensive genius behind his teams to begin with.

Pass.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#310 » by TheNewEra » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:47 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:Your whole front office other than West were Doc’s hires, what would you expect? Superstars performed like chicken while series was on the line, they are not qualified to voice a coaching change at this moment. Baller has to listen to management and players to make such decision. If I were him, I’d fire Lawrence Frank first, replace Doc’s coup one by one, then at certain point, fire him...

He put his players in countless situations to fail and played favorites. He invested so much into Harrell and he likely won’t be on the team next season
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#311 » by TheNewEra » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:48 am

Think the Chris Haynes stuff is premature the front office making a decision like that with no time to think it over
donemilio21
Veteran

Post#312 » by donemilio21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:22 am

in 74 years of NBA basketball 23% of all 3-1 playoff blows have Doc Rivers written on them. How could anyone in their right mind think this guy should remain as a coach of an NBA team.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#313 » by TheNewEra » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:07 am

donemilio21 wrote:in 74 years of NBA basketball 23% of all 3-1 playoff blows have Doc Rivers written on them. How could anyone in their right mind think this guy should remain as a coach of an NBA team.

Another season of chemistry issues and locker room turmoil when he’s suppose to be a leader of men
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#314 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:36 am

So he stays. :cry:

Dallas and Denver will get better,GSW will be back. Tough season is ahead of us. :box:
donemilio21
Veteran

Post#315 » by donemilio21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 pm

every morning I wake up with the hope that I will read his firing in the news.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#316 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
donemilio21
Veteran

Post#317 » by donemilio21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:28 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

that was the same with previous rosters too. He followed a guidebook regardless of the score or opponent. You knew exactly who was gonna come in and in which minute.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#318 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:33 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

that was the same with previous rosters too. He followed a guidebook regardless of the score or opponent. You knew exactly who was gonna come in and in which minute.
Yup. I was happy that trez was scoring at a good clip while jokic was sitting out. We were finally winning the non jokic mins. Then I was reminded by someone on Twitter that it's not a good sign because doc is going to fall in love with trezz scoring and not play zubac

That's exactly what he did. Zu barely played the second half. I know he had foul trouble in the first but that's exactly what happened. Didn't give a care to the analytics or quality of defense on the floor.

Honestly, if I'm jerry west and I see that doc rather force kawhi to guard jokic instead of putting zubac in, I'm firing doc before the game clock expires.

That's inexcusable . I'm sick of this man

clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 961

Post#319 » by clipperlover » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Outside of Doc leading this team to a record setting number of regular season wins and the NBA title, he will be more remembered for playoff collapses than winning a title.

Brad Stevens has taken the Celtics team Doc couldn't be bothered to go through re-building with and led a team with major personnel changes to its 7th straight playoff appearance and 3rd Conference Finals in 5 years.

We don't need Doc or any of his assistants. We don't need a re-tread coach either (Mark Jackson, Ty Lue, Any Van Gundy). Let's take a look at Wes Unseld Jr. He runs the Nuggets D and understands the importance of big men.

I have seen Chauncey Billups name out these as a coaching candidate also. I think he would be great.
uscClipsfan
Freshman
And1: 109

Post#320 » by uscClipsfan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:59 pm

clipperlover wrote:Outside of Doc leading this team to a record setting number of regular season wins and the NBA title, he will be more remembered for playoff collapses than winning a title.

Brad Stevens has taken the Celtics team Doc couldn't be bothered to go through re-building with and led a team with major personnel changes to its 7th straight playoff appearance and 3rd Conference Finals in 5 years.

We don't need Doc or any of his assistants. We don't need a re-tread coach either (Mark Jackson, Ty Lue, Any Van Gundy). Let's take a look at Wes Unseld Jr. He runs the Nuggets D and understands the importance of big men.

I have seen Chauncey Billups name out these as a coaching candidate also. I think he would be great.

If Ballmer is ready to make the move on from coach (big IF) - I love Wes Unseld Jr. Dad was a legend. He's defensive minded and developed Murray, Jokic, etc into the players they are today. Has the utmost respect around the league especially after his defense owned us. He could help develop Zubac into a stud and hopefully get PG back to defending like he used to (I swear, he made so many silly mistakes defensively and don't get me started on the iso ball BS dribbling off his foot literally each game in the playoffs). I like him more than Mark Jackson. Becky Hammon, who I hear is a real tactical genius could be a fit and would work with a forward thinking owner like Ballmer

Return to Los Angeles Clippers