yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,736

Re: All Star Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#801 » by yannisk » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:51 pm

th87 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Imagine willingly lumping yourself together with daviddunn

Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who consistently for three years said we need more talent and we can't push our chips to the middle of the table with Khris as the #2. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who came up with 23,394 Twitter trades to try and sell high on Khris. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to compare Giannis to Shaquille O'Neal and think about what that meant for the second best player. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to complain about Bucks coaches tinkering with Giannis' shooting motion. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who rejected Per36 fantasies about how good our players actually were. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who said it's a risk but we have to bring back Brogdon.

Imagine you posting that after the 5 seed gave us the gentleman's sweep.

I don't get the hate for DD - I might not always agree with the takes, but they are argued thoroughly. CHL got the same heat for criticizing Jabari, and look how that turned out.

Exactly whoever was criticizing Jabari or pointing his flaws or saying is not a max player was immediately attacked and ridiculed. Something similar is happening with Middleton, to be fair Middleton is a good player and has less flaws than Jabari, but still let's allow people to have different opinions about a player.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#802 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#803 » by Prez » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 pm

So lame, as is Siakam making 2nd team (yes I know they didn’t factor in bubble play). Khris was flat out better than him this year.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#804 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Beat me to it Prez. Siakam making 2nd team and Khris missing out entirely is a damn abomination.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,947

Post#805 » by soxperry » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Khris's trade value will never be higher. We need our 2nd star to he able to beat his man and be a threat going to the hole. Khris is an amazing shooter and would be an elite 3 for us. We need to move him and get that true playoff 2.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,613

Post#806 » by blazza18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Fitting
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#807 » by skones » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:13 am

Middleton got hosed.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#808 » by emunney » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:37 am

Lol he lost the electoral college. **** priceless.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#809 » by FlagsFlyForever » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:56 am

I don't think it's egregious that Middleton didn't make it as a guard considering he never plays guard for the Bucks.
Read on Twitter
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#810 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:14 am

How much better is that third team w/ Khris instead of Russ? Sheesh.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#811 » by Buck Dweller » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:07 am

th87 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Imagine willingly lumping yourself together with daviddunn

Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who consistently for three years said we need more talent and we can't push our chips to the middle of the table with Khris as the #2. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who came up with 23,394 Twitter trades to try and sell high on Khris. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to compare Giannis to Shaquille O'Neal and think about what that meant for the second best player. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to complain about Bucks coaches tinkering with Giannis' shooting motion. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who rejected Per36 fantasies about how good our players actually were. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who said it's a risk but we have to bring back Brogdon.

I don't get the hate for DD - I might not always agree with the takes, but they are argued thoroughly. CHL got the same heat for criticizing Jabari, and look how that turned out.

The continued DD hate/Midd meat riding, especially after this series, just shows that contrary to popular belief, this board is actually more homer-ish than it is pessimistic.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,650

Post#812 » by TroyD92 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Buck Dweller wrote:
th87 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who consistently for three years said we need more talent and we can't push our chips to the middle of the table with Khris as the #2. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who came up with 23,394 Twitter trades to try and sell high on Khris. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to compare Giannis to Shaquille O'Neal and think about what that meant for the second best player. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to complain about Bucks coaches tinkering with Giannis' shooting motion. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who rejected Per36 fantasies about how good our players actually were. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who said it's a risk but we have to bring back Brogdon.

The continued DD hate/Midd meat riding, especially after this series, just shows that contrary to popular belief, this board is actually more homer-ish than it is pessimistic.

Lmao I've been one of the biggest Middleton detractors for years. DD has a weird obsessive level of hate with the guy and if you dont think that its weird I dont even know what to tell you.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,881

Post#813 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:02 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Lmao I've been one of the biggest Middleton detractors for years. DD has a weird obsessive level of hate with the guy and if you dont think that its weird I dont even know what to tell you.

You need to stop personal attacks on me or DD. We have a different point of view about Khris than alot of you here for years. So what ? We are all Bucks fans, we love our team anyone has the right to post their opinion, its not hate, we don't hate Khris the person, we don't hate Khris the player, I don't even hate his contract if there wasn't a effing thing called CAP LIMIT. So its not "weird" when we say trade him or he is not this and that... it comes from the love in our team and how we can win a Championship, nothing else
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,650

Post#814 » by TroyD92 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:28 pm

Fotis St wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

You need to stop personal attacks on me or DD. We have a different point of view about Khris than alot of you here for years. So what ? We are all Bucks fans, we love our team anyone has the right to post their opinion, its not hate, we don't hate Khris the person, we don't hate Khris the player, I don't even hate his contract if there wasn't a effing thing called CAP LIMIT. So its not "weird" when we say trade him or he is not this and that... it comes from the love in our team and how we can win a Championship, nothing else

I left it alone and then get re-quoted a week later, and where exactly did I attack you? Are you DD now?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Post#815 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Keep all future posts on topic and not on each other. Thanks!
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#816 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:56 pm

I have a weird obsessive compulsion with seeing the Bucks win a title/get to a Finals. Everyone here understood way before Giannis what low odds were involved with that. The market size, the player empowerment era, the incompetence, the whispers of "segregation", the places that The Decision took the league, etc. It was less than 50/50 that we'd even still be in Milwaukee.

This board was here way before me filled with smart guys who loved basketball and just wanted to see the Bucks compete and be in the mix. A lot of those guys are older than me and at the very least saw the folly of giving contracts to guys who were head-cases or one-year wonders or washed-up big names or good stats/bad teams guys. You know the names.

And then miracle of miracles we stumble into a million to one shot. A dominant big/wing who we draft who just keeps getting better and better. Somehow this guy also says all the right things, isn't corrupted by AAU culture, is small-town humble but with aggressive competitive swagger on the court, a good teammate, handsome, the FULL PACKAGE. Perhaps most importantly for us as tortured Bucks fans, this kid is pathologically loyal.

This was the hard part. This was the impossible piece. Finding the second star in a league full of good players has been our mission since 2016 or so. And Bucks Twitter and RealGM and everywhere else looked at a lazy unathletic 2nd Round pick who is one of the least competitive, most front-running players I've ever seen in my life and shrugged and said: "Good enough. Let's overpay this guy"

Frankly, I will never get over this. But I'm very happy for many of you who have a weird obsessive compulsion with calling Khris Middleton "underrated" or even "good" because now you get to spend the offseason talking about how he got screwed out of 3rd Team All NBA and was so close to 50/40/90. You even get to yadayadayada the bubble and say stuff like: "Really Middleton was our best player against the Heat!"

He's just not that good. He's just not that good. He's just not that good.

And now we've ruined our one in a million shot. That's why I was obsessed with this.
KhrisMissaton
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#817 » by KhrisMissaton » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:28 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:This was the hard part. This was the impossible piece. Finding the second star in a league full of good players has been our mission since 2016 or so. And Bucks Twitter and RealGM and everywhere else looked at a lazy unathletic 2nd Round pick who is one of the least competitive, most front-running players I've ever seen in my life and shrugged and said: "Good enough. Let's overpay this guy"

Given my name I think it's pretty obvious I have issues with Middleton, but I never understand when posts say stuff like this. You're acting like RealGM and "Bucks Twitter" has a say in if we sign Khris Middleton. I am very confident than Marc Lasry and Wes Edens did not scour the RealGM Bucks forum for opinions on whether to max Khris. I know some on this board have had delusions of grandeur in the past as far as their ability to influence the team, but yeah, I don't think it factored in.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#818 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:49 pm

soxperry wrote:Khris's trade value will never be higher. We need our 2nd star to he able to beat his man and be a threat going to the hole. Khris is an amazing shooter and would be an elite 3 for us. We need to move him and get that true playoff 2.

Agreed. Sell Mortimer, Sell High.

In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,027

Post#819 » by midranger » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm

We desperately need a guy with an advanced handle who can break down the D and get to the rim. I don’t necessarily want to lose Khris, but.... he ain’t that guy.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#820 » by jute2003 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:31 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Buck Dweller wrote:
th87 wrote:

I think DD's position on Middleton has always been on the negative side but once people started calling him a hater and coming at him he just leaned into it and made a schtick out of it. I doubt there is any more obsessiveness there than with any other fan here.

He is like an inverse Rodzilla.
only a fan, only an opinion

Return to Milwaukee Bucks