Brook Lopez (Bucks) for Seth Curry (Dallas)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Brook Lopez (Bucks) for Seth Curry (Dallas) 

Post#1 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 pm

So I want some feedback on the values of this trade and if you think both teams agree.

I think both teams get better this trade,

cause from Dallas Point of View they trade their backup PG/SG to upgrade their starting Center Position.

For the Bucks, they trade their good Center in order to upgrade their starting PG/SG , a 3Pt sniper + some playmaking needed to break Giannis Wall.

What do you think about it ?
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Re: Brook Lopez (Bucks) for Seth Curry (Dallas) 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:12 pm

Value wise I have it as a clear win for Dallas.
Fit wise I don't love it for Dallas as they already have KP, Powell, Bobi as centers and they'd like to get some minutes for Maxi there as well.

I'd have the Bucks passing because this makes them worse and they sacrifice value and Dallas probably needing to pass because of roster construction issues. KP just doesn't defend well enough in space so Dallas wouldn't get the full benefits of BroLo's rim protection.

Curry is a great target for the Bucks though. They need more shooters that teams just cannot leave and the most accurate active 3P% guy certainly qualifies as that.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#3 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:24 pm

I personally like DiVicenzo in Dallas .. Donte + Ilyasova for Curry +?
1+1=11
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#4 » by skones » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:I personally like DiVicenzo in Dallas .. Donte + Ilyasova for Curry +?

Donte for Curry is an absolute non-starter.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#5 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:17 am

This is interesting for Dallas IMO, but they would need to balance the roster with some follow up moves. I also sorta think Seth will age better than Brook, who is bound to become Raef LaFrentz esque in mobility sooner or later IMO.

Return to Trades and Transactions