ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,516

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#61 » by SFour » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Fred wants to secure the bag, Lowry hinted at that in his post game 7 interview...we need to realize that this was a contract year for him and he was still putting up meh numbers

2019-20 regular season - 17.6 ppg shooting 41% from the field
Against Boston in the playoffs - 18.7 ppg shooting 35% from the field

I don't know about you guys but these numbers don't impress me...seems like he's chucking his way into a big contract, and whichever team gives him that will end up regretting it....and I hope it's going to be the Knicks so we can continue laughing at them.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#62 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 pm

to be honest, if we let him go, hes going to be exposed on a different system. I have no doubt his %s are going to drop on a different team. The thing you have to ask, is it the Raptors system that gets him all these great looks or based off his skills?

he might just be average player on a different team and an above average player on the Raptors. making $20+ M.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,513

Post#63 » by right between the eyes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:03 pm

I could see Masai rewarding Fred. He gave Kyle 33M per and we don't really have a contingency plan after Kyle. They'll figure it out
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#64 » by SharoneWright » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:05 pm

Maybe we could trade Siakam for Fred back!
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,231

Post#65 » by Childs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:06 pm

pagal wrote:hated him from Day 1 and that bullsh*t 3 at the end of game 7 was hopefully the last time seeing him in raptors jersey.

glad he's getting paid, happy for him and his family but good riddance, fu*k BumVleet.

Really? You hated him in Bucks and Warriors series?
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#66 » by nabbs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:06 pm

So the overwhelming sentiment is Fred is a finished product right?

As long as Fred doesnt get more than 22 we can maneuver the cap to free up space and there will be wiggle room with a cap bump in 2021-2022

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#67 » by SharoneWright » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 pm

nabbs wrote:So the overwhelming sentiment is Fred is a finished product right?

Can't get any taller. :dontknow:
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#68 » by will » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 pm

pagal wrote:
will wrote:
pagal wrote:hated him from Day 1 and that bullsh*t 3 at the end of game 7 was hopefully the last time seeing him in raptors jersey.

glad he's getting paid, happy for him and his family but good riddance, fu*k BumVleet.

Convenient you failed to mention Senior in the 2019 NBA Finals. Ah...that selective short term memory.

no, I maintain that I've hated him from day 1, against NJ, against Washington, every single game last year and yes, every single game this year, punctuated by every game in this last series.

I think we are entitled to our opinions - like your signature and posts overall. peace.

Eh. Doubtful you kept that exact energy for the 2019 NBA Finals.
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#69 » by pagal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 pm

will wrote:
pagal wrote:
will wrote:
Convenient you failed to mention Senior in the 2019 NBA Finals. Ah...that selective short term memory.

no, I maintain that I've hated him from day 1, against NJ, against Washington, every single game last year and yes, every single game this year, punctuated by every game in this last series.

I think we are entitled to our opinions - like your signature and posts overall. peace.

Eh. Doubtful you kept that exact energy for the 2019 NBA Finals.

you can search my username, easy enough. I find him unwatchable with ridiculous shots and bull layup attempts which get blocked at the rim.

again, to each their own. I will be happy to see him gone.
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#70 » by pagal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Childs wrote:

Really? You hated him in Bucks and Warriors series?

yes, every minute of it. I find his style of chucking up shots and garbage layups unbearable to watch.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#71 » by sule » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Zeno wrote:
sule wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Even if you consider Brogdon and FVV are similar talent and future production, don't you need to adjust for covid-19 cap changes. The cap could go down next year.

Rubio is a comparable PG to FVV and he gets $17 mill per. FVV is actually a bit better in terms of stats. So I can see FVV getting around the $20 mill +/- $2 mill, which is what I think we all expect him to command.

Obviously I'd rather have Fred, but Rubio in a sign and trade if Phoenix comes up with a similar offer would be okay if they threw in a 2021 lotto protected pick swap for example.

Yeah...I was thinking about that when I made that post. FVV S+T to Phoenix for Rubio and maybe even a couple 2nd rounders if we can't get a lotto protected first. Let Davis and Rubio handle backup. Rubio would be under contract for another year or two at less than we'd retain FVV for.

We'd lose some 3-point shooting, but if we sign Giannis, we'd be moving forward in those years with more cap flexibility and some extra picks to play with in trades. And if we didn't move those picks, then we'd be going into contention with Giannis, cap room, and cheap bench players, meaning more money to acquire higher end talent.

If it were to be on the table, it's worth considering, even if the most realistic scenario is to just re-sign FVV
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#72 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:27 pm

If this is true, then goodbye and good luck Fred, thanks for the big shots but I hope you don't get anything over 20 million from the Raptors organization. TD better have his big boy pants on next year if this is indeed true.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#73 » by SurgeIblocka » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:80-82 here or 88-90 on the Knicks... which do you think he takes?

Would you give up 8 Mil ? This is his first pay day and he hasn’t seen multi millions before. His post series presser comments surely indicated he will value the money and due to the pandemic no one knows if things will ever get back to normal or if the cap will increase again. He basically said the pandemic put everything in perspective, he could not have been paid next tear had league shutdown long term. As most players i think he will value money more than anything else.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,780

Post#74 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:80-82 here or 88-90 on the Knicks... which do you think he takes?

Would you give up 8 Mil ? This is his first pay day and he hasn’t seen multi millions before. His post series presser comments surely indicated he will value the money and due to the pandemic no one knows if things will ever get back to normal or if the cap will increase again. He basically said the pandemic put everything in perspective, he could not have been paid next tear had league shutdown long term. As most players i think he will value money more than anything else.

To not have to play for the Knicks? Uh yeah... in a heartbeat. And it's no "giving up 8 million" as much as deciding where to play and how that also impacts your future paydays 4 years from now.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#75 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:31 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:

Plus the allure of playing in the biggest market in North America is probably enticing to alot of players, that's why it's crazy to see the Knicks fail year after year, so much potential wasted due to incompetence.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,000

Post#76 » by NinjaBro » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks for the good times Fred.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#77 » by Dalek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 pm

dacrusha wrote:Will be an all star and team leader for many years to come. Defensive stalwart and tough as nails that’s still learning the nuances of running a team. Putting up better numbers than Lowry did at the same age... and everyone thought Lowry, too, was a dime a dozen guard at the time.

Losing him for nothing with no backup plan at the position is a Rob Babcock-type of move.

Masai knows this will be an easy decision to resign him - if he underperforms, you can always trade him.

Exactly. You always can trade a young guard on a deal like this - it is not like he is 35 and at the end of his career. He has value in the modern NBA and proved it recently in the playoffs.

You don't want a Malcolm Brogdon situation where you have a good guard but you just let the asset slip away for nothing.That's poor asset management.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#78 » by raptor jesus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:40 pm

He's definitely getting something in the Brogdon range, and I'd be stunned if the Raps aren't competing for his services (as they should).
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#79 » by Yeezus_ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:48 pm

Raps will keep him. I cant imagine them not keeping him with an aging Lowry and no true pg on the team. TDJ is not leading this team at point next season.

I think they’ll get creative with the contract to maintain flexibility for 2021 though
Yeezy SZN approaching
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,140

Post#80 » by gp2015 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:49 pm

My max is 15 million after showing that he's not starting pg material on a contending team.

He is a spot up shooting off guard and elite role player.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams

Return to Toronto Raptors