ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1801 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:59 am

Okay, maybe Zubac isn't the answer as a starter as he gets into early foul trouble, but the Clippers are willing to deal. Zubac could be a backup for a SRP? Would they take picks for Patrick Beverley, 2 yrs/$28 M left? Use the TPE + Warriors 2021 FRP (lottery protected)?

NBA playoffs: The Clippers' dynasty is on the clock before it can even begin
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29894050/nba-playoffs-clippers-dynasty-clock-even-begin
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#1802 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 am

One more I forgot to post earlier. Marcus Smart would be awesome, but he won't be available. Another player like him is Kris Dunn says Tom Haberstroh and could be had for MLE. Patrick Beverley would probably be tough to shake from the Clippers, too, unless they decide to go another direction.

'So if Smart is off the table, who could the Warriors pursue instead?

Haberstroh brought up one under-the-radar option that might fit the Warriors need to fill the backup point guard position.

"At this point, I think it is better suited for the Warriors to focus their energy on a guy like Kris Dunn in Chicago. Another guy who is a wing defender, he's 26 years old and I think could come at a lot cheaper price than Marcus Smart."

Dunn is a 6-foot-3, lanky point guard that was highly regarded coming out of college, with the Minnesota Timberwolves eventually selecting him at fifth overall in the 2016 draft. Dunn had not lived up to expectations, even after a trade to the Chicago Bulls where his playing time increased. He shot a career-high 35 percent from 3-point range last season, but struggled mightily from beyond the arc this year, only making 26 percent of his attempts.

His calling card has been his defense thus far in the NBA, however, as Haberstroh calls him "an amazing perimeter defender" and figures that he would be "a lot better in that system in Golden State."

The Bulls are not expected to extend Dunn the estimated $7 million qualifying offer, which would then take away his restricted status, making him an unrestricted free agent. The Warriors then could pursue Dunn with a minimum contract offer, or part of the midlevel exception.'

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-marcus-smart-warriors-trade-unlikely-according-tom-haberstroh
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#1803 » by TB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 pm

jason bourne wrote:One more I forgot to post earlier. Marcus Smart would be awesome, but he won't be available. Another player like him is Kris Dunn says Tom Haberstroh and could be had for MLE. Patrick Beverley would probably be tough to shake from the Clippers, too, unless they decide to go another direction.

Haberstroh brought up one under-the-radar option that might fit the Warriors need to fill the backup point guard position.

"At this point, I think it is better suited for the Warriors to focus their energy on a guy like Kris Dunn in Chicago. Another guy who is a wing defender, he's 26 years old and I think could come at a lot cheaper price than Marcus Smart."

Dunn is a 6-foot-3, lanky point guard that was highly regarded coming out of college, with the Minnesota Timberwolves eventually selecting him at fifth overall in the 2016 draft. Dunn had not lived up to expectations, even after a trade to the Chicago Bulls where his playing time increased. He shot a career-high 35 percent from 3-point range last season, but struggled mightily from beyond the arc this year, only making 26 percent of his attempts.

His calling card has been his defense thus far in the NBA, however, as Haberstroh calls him "an amazing perimeter defender" and figures that he would be "a lot better in that system in Golden State."

The Bulls are not expected to extend Dunn the estimated $7 million qualifying offer, which would then take away his restricted status, making him an unrestricted free agent. The Warriors then could pursue Dunn with a minimum contract offer, or part of the midlevel exception.'

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-marcus-smart-warriors-trade-unlikely-according-tom-haberstroh

Dunn is one of my favorite MLE targets IF we use the draft/trades/TPE to cover our 3 more important needs: 2 wings and a center.

In a dream scenario:
#2 and Smiley for #8 and Robinson. (fills center role).
Trade Looney, Poole, 2021 1st rounder for Kennard (fills backup guard spot).
Use TPE + 2021 Minny 2nd rounder + additional 2nds as needed for Oubre (fills backup SF spot).
MLE on Dunn to be backup PG.
Draft Pokusevski #8, N'Doye and Marshall in 2nd round
2 way contracts to dudes that slip out of draft. Hinton, Azubuike, Kispert etc potentially.

Steph / Dunn / Bowman
Klay / Kennard / N'Doye / (Hinton)
Wiggins / Oubre / Lee
Dray / Paschall / Marshall
Robinson / Chriss / Poku / (Azubuike)
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#1804 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:39 pm

TB wrote:
jason bourne wrote:One more I forgot to post earlier. Marcus Smart would be awesome, but he won't be available. Another player like him is Kris Dunn says Tom Haberstroh and could be had for MLE. Patrick Beverley would probably be tough to shake from the Clippers, too, unless they decide to go another direction.

Dunn is one of my favorite MLE targets IF we use the draft/trades/TPE to cover our 3 more important needs: 2 wings and a center.

In a dream scenario:
Use TPE + 2021 Minny 2nd rounder + additional 2nds as needed for Oubre (fills backup SF spot).
2 way contracts to dudes that slip out of draft. Hinton, Azubuike, Kispert etc potentially.

Steph / Dunn / Bowman
Wiggins / Oubre / Lee

Front offices view oubre as a negative contract. We will get him for free if we even want him at all in the first place. PHX might give us an asset to take him, like they did with TJ Warren

Kennard is also not good enough man. Too many injuries, bad knee, can't pass. Rather use that first and 2nds to get back into the 1st round to get my guy. He will be cheaper than Kennard and a better defender, passer, stronger, arguably maybe shooter?
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#1805 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:What if the Clippers made Paul George available?

Did you see him miss 3-ball after 3-ball, shot after shot in the 4Q against the Nuggets?

I avoided your question and had to lol and go to bed, but discussed it online today. I didn't want to say megacrap as the word to describe him because it was only one game, but the biggest of the season for the Clippers.

Today, it's overrated. He's extremely overrated and wasn't an All-Star and may not be an All-Star anymore. Pass.

ETA: This is what George said after the game,

'Perhaps the most eyebrow-raising comment of the night came from Paul George, whom the Clippers acquired last summer in a deal that cost the team Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, five first-round picks, and two first-round pick swaps.

I think internally, we always felt this was not a championship-or-bust year for us,” George said, per Dan Woike of The Los Angeles Times'
Read on Twitter

ImageImage
TB
General Manager

Post#1806 » by TB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 pm

ShayDee wrote:
TB wrote:

In a dream scenario:

Steph / Dunn / Bowman
Wiggins / Oubre / Lee

Front offices view oubre as a negative contract. We will get him for free if we even want him at all in the first place. PHX might give us an asset to take him, like they did with TJ Warren

Kennard is also not good enough man. Too many injuries, bad knee, can't pass. Rather use that first and 2nds to get back into the 1st round to get my guy. He will be cheaper than Kennard and a better defender, passer, stronger, arguably maybe shooter?

Would love to get Oubre for nothing, so i'm fine with that clearly. Would still be willing to give up some draft assets if needed to lock in a backup forward.

As for Kennard, I gotta disagree with ya, even if I could be wrong. I like Kennards passing, and I think he's not just a good shooter but a lights out shooter. I do however like your boy Bane, I just think Kennard is much better, especially next season. Not against getting Bane using 2nds and cash to move up.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#1807 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:41 pm

TB wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
TB wrote:

In a dream scenario:

Steph / Dunn / Bowman
Wiggins / Oubre / Lee

Would love to get Oubre for nothing, so i'm fine with that clearly. Would still be willing to give up some draft assets if needed to lock in a backup forward.

As for Kennard, I gotta disagree with ya, even if I could be wrong. I like Kennards passing, and I think he's not just a good shooter but a lights out shooter. I do however like your boy Bane, I just think Kennard is much better, especially next season. Not against getting Bane using 2nds and cash to move up.

Kennard is already 24, on a close to 5.5mil contract. Bane is 22, was a way more versatile player coming out of college, better passing, higher IQ, better defender, way stronger(Kennard might be stronger now but who knows). Idk man. they similar players with Bane close to being an evidently better player on paper and would be wayy cheaper and on a longer rookie deal. If we are going to give up an expensive 1st round pick(2021 draft) why use it on an injury prone guy that is going to be a RFA next season? I would use it for an above average player for TPE or to get back into this draft and get a high end role player for a longer cheaper deal

Also Will barton might be for sale for the nuggets. They might need to get off his deal to re-sign Milsap, Grant and Torey craig. So trade up from 2nd round to 22. 48 + 51 + cash for 22 + Barton. I dunno if it's an overpay for Barton, but milsap + grant + craig + Bol bol on a more guaranteed deal might be very expensive. They get to pick a C in the 2nd round to replace plumlee for a cheaper deal while maybe ducking under the luxury tax bringing everyone back
TB
General Manager

Post#1808 » by TB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 pm

Barton using the TPE would be a great option if Denver wants to shed that contract.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1809 » by Coxy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:05 pm

TB wrote:Barton using the TPE would be a great option if Denver wants to shed that contract.

I agree. Underrated player and would be a great addition to this team.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1810 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:55 pm

Coxy wrote:
TB wrote:Barton using the TPE would be a great option if Denver wants to shed that contract.

I agree. Underrated player and would be a great addition to this team.

Plus, he wouldn't be able to kill the Warriors like he always does no matter what team he's on.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1811 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:10 am

ShayDee wrote:
TB wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Front offices view oubre as a negative contract. We will get him for free if we even want him at all in the first place. PHX might give us an asset to take him, like they did with TJ Warren

Kennard is already 24, on a close to 5.5mil contract. Bane is 22, was a way more versatile player coming out of college, better passing, higher IQ, better defender, way stronger(Kennard might be stronger now but who knows). Idk man. they similar players with Bane close to being an evidently better player on paper and would be wayy cheaper and on a longer rookie deal. If we are going to give up an expensive 1st round pick(2021 draft) why use it on an injury prone guy that is going to be a RFA next season? I would use it for an above average player for TPE or to get back into this draft and get a high end role player for a longer cheaper deal

Also Will barton might be for sale for the nuggets. They might need to get off his deal to re-sign Milsap, Grant and Torey craig. So trade up from 2nd round to 22. 48 + 51 + cash for 22 + Barton. I dunno if it's an overpay for Barton, but milsap + grant + craig + Bol bol on a more guaranteed deal might be very expensive. They get to pick a C in the 2nd round to replace plumlee for a cheaper deal while maybe ducking under the luxury tax bringing everyone back

I’d love to get Barton, and would jump at the suggested deal, if it was available.

But I think Denver isn’t going to put a priority on re-signing Millsap. With Porter’s emergence, Grant’s ability to play the 4 (who I expect they will prioritize), I don’t think they’re going to spend much money trying to retain Millsap. And if that’s the case, the domino effect to Barton staying there will likely happen.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#1812 » by lars_rosenberg » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 am

jason bourne wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:What if the Clippers made Paul George available?

Did you see him miss 3-ball after 3-ball, shot after shot in the 4Q against the Nuggets?

I avoided your question and had to lol and go to bed, but discussed it online today. I didn't want to say megacrap as the word to describe him because it was only one game, but the biggest of the season for the Clippers.

Today, it's overrated. He's extremely overrated and wasn't an All-Star and may not be an All-Star anymore. Pass.

ETA: This is what George said after the game,

'Perhaps the most eyebrow-raising comment of the night came from Paul George, whom the Clippers acquired last summer in a deal that cost the team Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, five first-round picks, and two first-round pick swaps.

I think internally, we always felt this was not a championship-or-bust year for us,” George said, per Dan Woike of The Los Angeles Times'
Read on Twitter

It would have to be a buy low scenario.
PG is a very good player, but he appears to be mentally weak. Clippers isn't the best environment and probably OKC wasn't either.
If you are confident in Wiggins, who has been trash his whole career, you can't be so negative about a player that has been a perennial all star and has had significant playoff success in Indiana.
Kawhi was also trash against the Nuggets, is he all of a sudden a bad player?
Btw, as I mentioned in my previous post, it's very unlikely that the Clippers will want to deal with us, we are too scary for them.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#1813 » by wco81 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:48 pm

If PG13 was on the Warriors, he would be third banana.

He'd be getting scraps after whatever Steph and Klay left for him.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#1814 » by HiRez » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:31 pm

wco81 wrote:If PG13 was on the Warriors, he would be third banana.

To be fair, those are the tastiest scraps in the league.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#1815 » by Mav_Carter » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:34 pm

I'd trade Wiggins and the #2 for PG13 but wouldn't include the Minn pick...
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#1816 » by Phase 3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Clippers and Warriors wouldn’t collaborate on a big trade. Not going to happen.

The Will Barton idea is intriguing...if the Warriors can get a high level rotation player like that with the trade exception, they’ll be back in business again in terms of having a solid bench....add another solid player with the taxpayer mle and now you’re really cooking.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#1817 » by cpower » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:41 am

Mav_Carter wrote:I'd trade Wiggins and the #2 for PG13 but wouldn't include the Minn pick...

PG would be amazing for us, he will need to be better with shot selection but his defense is what we need.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#1818 » by ahmetmekin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 am

Even Playoff P version of him would suffice for the Warriors but such a trade is not possible since the Clippers would not want to gift the championship to the Warriors.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#1819 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:25 am

HiRez wrote:
wco81 wrote:If PG13 was on the Warriors, he would be third banana.

To be fair, those are the tastiest scraps in the league.

Lol. Well said.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#1820 » by jason bourne » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:08 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
TB wrote:

I’d love to get Barton, and would jump at the suggested deal, if it was available.

But I think Denver isn’t going to put a priority on re-signing Millsap. With Porter’s emergence, Grant’s ability to play the 4 (who I expect they will prioritize), I don’t think they’re going to spend much money trying to retain Millsap. And if that’s the case, the domino effect to Barton staying there will likely happen.

Millsap must be re-signed by the Nugz. Not so much Barton. Come to Papa Warriors Barton. I suspect they keep Monte Morris.

ImageImage

Return to Golden State Warriors