God damn this escalated lol
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Re: GAME 7. WC SEMIS SEPT 15, 6PM PST 

Post#382 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:46 pm

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:You aren't "discussing" anything. You are shouting down actual fans with the same tired excuses. Go find somewhere else to troll, your shtick has jumped the shark.

Let's move on guys, and let's cut out the policing of who is or is not a fan. We can disagree without making it a personal vendatta.

You let this little creep harass EVERY thread, EVERY post and EVERY poster with his ignorant hateful garbage. And it's going to keep happening. The good people stopped coming around. The failure is YOURS.

Moderation my ass. There's feces in the streets and you blame the decent people for complaining about it. Welcome to 2020.
He's why I went ghost a couple yrs ago and have only come back during playoff time the past 2 yrs, and the Kawhi/PG news last summer.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,807

Post#383 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:19 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:Let's move on guys, and let's cut out the policing of who is or is not a fan. We can disagree without making it a personal vendatta.

You let this little creep harass EVERY thread, EVERY post and EVERY poster with his ignorant hateful garbage. And it's going to keep happening. The good people stopped coming around. The failure is YOURS.

Moderation my ass. There's feces in the streets and you blame the decent people for complaining about it. Welcome to 2020.
He's why I went ghost a couple yrs ago and have only come back during playoff time the past 2 yrs, and the Kawhi/PG news last summer.

This is a reminder to everyone to use both the report and ignore features present on the forum if a poster is violating forum rules or if their content is annoying to you, but not in violation of any forum rules. Let's leave it at that.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#384 » by nickhx2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 pm

use the ignore function to mute idiots?

don't mind if i do
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#385 » by Clemenza » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:17 am

What a nightmare that was
supra2k8
Starter
And1: 4,070

Post#386 » by supra2k8 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:45 am

Doc has to go, Clips need a real point guard, as an outsider, I think Beverly's defense is overrated, and he's definitely not a starting PG on a championship team. At this point, Rondo is still a better PG, even if the can't really make shots.

Zubac is a nice young piece, but since he can't really shoot, he's a good backup. Someone like Ibaka would do wonders for your team. Trez is also a good energy guy off the bench, but that's it, I think clips depended too much on him.

PG choked, but Idk if he's the best fit beside Kawhi, they're similar and don't' really compliment each other's game. Someone like Lillard would be a much better fit with Kawhi.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#387 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:11 am

Read on Twitter
?s=09
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,805

Post#388 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:30 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:Let's move on guys, and let's cut out the policing of who is or is not a fan. We can disagree without making it a personal vendatta.

Matt--You and a lot of people who actually know something about basketball. :lol:

Welcome to all you new people. Until the regulars come back, here are some handy rules to survive while being attacked by the vultures and creeps who have taken over our board for now:

--The Clippers shot 25% in the second half in Game 5, Game 6, and Game 7. That's why we lost. But Doc Rivers is to blame for EVERYTHING.

--Except for what Trezz is to blame for, which is also EVERYTHING.

--Never say ANYTHING bad about Ivica Zubac. He could have saved us.

--Even though Doc DOUBLED Zubac's minutes and cut Trezz's IN HALF. Even though Zu scored 7 points in 62 MINUTES in Games 5-6 while we were struggling to score even 40 points in a half.

--Kawhi and Zu are god. Everyone else should be traded or permitted to leave as FAs. Or both.

--We would have won if only we had played our G-Leaguers more. :rofl2:

So to all our new people: Observe these rules, keep your head down, and don't get in their way. Doc bad. Zu good. Tell them whatever they want to hear and hold the fort until the adults come back in a month or two.

We're counting on you.

Love,
Tom

:kissmybutt:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Rookie
And1: 864

Post#389 » by NickP » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:02 pm

esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Matt--You and a lot of people who actually know something about basketball. :lol:

Welcome to all you new people. Until the regulars come back, here are some handy rules to survive while being attacked by the vultures and creeps who have taken over our board for now:

--The Clippers shot 25% in the second half in Game 5, Game 6, and Game 7. That's why we lost. But Doc Rivers is to blame for EVERYTHING.

--Even though Doc DOUBLED Zubac's minutes and cut Trezz's IN HALF. Even though Zu scored 7 points in 62 MINUTES in Games 5-6 while we were struggling to score even 40 points in a half.

--Kawhi and Zu are god. Everyone else should be traded or permitted to leave as FAs. Or both.

So to all our new people: Observe these rules, keep your head down, and don't get in their way. Doc bad. Zu good. Tell them whatever they want to hear and hold the fort until the adults come back in a month or two.

We're counting on you.

Love,
Tom

I'm sure the newbies will adhere to every word you said Prof Tom. Your tenure here goes a long way. So what if everything is not as black and white as you make it out to be?
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,419

Post#390 » by TrueLAfan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:04 pm

First, I want to reiterate what og15 said. If you're trolling, bans will be handed out. And get past the personal sniping; the ignore button is there for a reason.

I appear to be in the minority when I say Doc isn’t totally to blame—but I’ll grant that some of the issues that came up in games 6 and 7 are on the coach. Our team was not ready physically or mentally ready. Kawhi leads by example, not vocally. Apparently, PG was making things worse, not better. You need to stop that as a coach, especially if you’re a players coach. If they aren’t getting it, you need to go public with “these guys need to focus and play hard and they’re not, and it’s going to hurt us in the end.” That’s what happened, and Doc had to have known it. Players may like that he “protects” them, but here his “niceness” messed us up. He’s not solely responsible for the team’s collapse in the second half of the last three games. But we had few players maintain focus for 48 minutes of even one game. And, yeah, that’s a problem.

Our version of load management was also badly (mis)applied. We had players miss time with injuries, and players miss time because … well, we wanted them to be ready in the playoffs. But, like I said in another thread, if you don’t play together, you don’t get into rhythms. You lose cohesion. We had two guys on the roster play 90% of the team’s games. Load management is supposed to allow the team to play less time, but still play lots of games. We didn’t have that—partly because of injuries, but partly because our version of load management kept people out for more games and time than necessary.

And, look, this (weird) season counted on players to do a lot of self-preparation, both individually and among friends. Teammates were supposed to be friends. We looked like unprepared strangers in the last three games. Things that should have been muscle memory and trust by that point were non-existent. We lacked planning and preparation and leadership on the court and bench. All of that took us down.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#391 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:29 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:First, I want to reiterate what og15 said. If you're trolling, bans will be handed out. And get past the personal sniping; the ignore button is there for a reason.

I appear to be in the minority when I say Doc isn’t totally to blame—but I’ll grant that some of the issues that came up in games 6 and 7 are on the coach. Our team was not ready physically or mentally ready. Kawhi leads by example, not vocally. Apparently, PG was making things worse, not better. You need to stop that as a coach, especially if you’re a players coach. If they aren’t getting it, you need to go public with “these guys need to focus and play hard and they’re not, and it’s going to hurt us in the end.” That’s what happened, and Doc had to have known it. Players may like that he “protects” them, but here his “niceness” messed us up. He’s not solely responsible for the team’s collapse in the second half of the last three games. But we had few players maintain focus for 48 minutes of even one game. And, yeah, that’s a problem.

Our version of load management was also badly (mis)applied. We had players miss time with injuries, and players miss time because … well, we wanted them to be ready in the playoffs. But, like I said in another thread, if you don’t play together, you don’t get into rhythms. You lose cohesion. We had two guys on the roster play 90% of the team’s games. Load management is supposed to allow the team to play less time, but still play lots of games. We didn’t have that—partly because of injuries, but partly because our version of load management kept people out for more games and time than necessary.

And, look, this (weird) season counted on players to do a lot of self-preparation, both individually and among friends. Teammates were supposed to be friends. We looked like unprepared strangers in the last three games. Things that should have been muscle memory and trust by that point were non-existent. We lacked planning and preparation and leadership on the court and bench. All of that took us down.

I would really like to see what happens in an alternative universe where we only sign Kawhi and don't trade for PG. The 2018-2019 Clippers established a team identity and chemistry, and I think it would have been easier to incorporate 1 big new player into that existing team, rather than 2 new players which are expected to score half of your teams points, which made for a very jarring change- especially when BOTH of those new players miss significant time during the season.

We still could have had other issues, and other challenges heading into this offseason. But we do know Gallo had a healthy season and still produced at a high level, and SGA took a step forward. This hypothetical team might even had lost to Denver anyway, but IMO would not have absolutely fallen apart in the 2nd half of the last few games. What is most striking to me about this season was not failing to get out of the second round, but how our team utterly fell apart in those last few games. I don't even think we choked so much as we just really weren't up to the task- by a wide margin. I also think the failure was due to a combination of factors (coaching being a significant one.)

I think our outlook going forward is roughly comparable or perhaps still better now, as I believe we can fix this. But I think we would have had a more successful 2019-2020 if we had only signed Kawhi.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#392 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:10 pm

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:He's why I went ghost a couple yrs ago and have only come back during playoff time the past 2 yrs, and the Kawhi/PG news last summer.

We're counting on you.

Love,
Tom

I'm sure the newbies will adhere to every word you said Prof Tom. Your tenure here goes a long way. So what if everything is not as black and white as you make it out to be?

It's very black and white, Nick. Blame Doc. Play Zu 48 minutes. Get rid of everyone except him and Kawhi. Play the G-Leaguers. Ballmer is stupid. Jerry is God. :wink:

Seeya in a month or two.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#393 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:19 pm

Man, some people really can't accept being wrong with class. Very sad to see.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#394 » by esqtvd » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:44 am

As if the REAL fans around here didn't know our weaknesses. Any clown off the street can predict doom. There is no glory in that...

There is no enjoyment in that, except for a certain type of person.

The board's yours, smart guy. For now.

Looks like some real prospects here for when the real fans come back. Cheers, everybody, and welcome to our newcomers. Remember, Zubac good. Doc bad. Keep Kawhi. Play the kids. Dump the rest. You heard it here first.

:rofl2:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#395 » by NippySudz » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:56 am

TrueLAfan wrote:First, I want to reiterate what og15 said. If you're trolling, bans will be handed out. And get past the personal sniping; the ignore button is there for a reason.

I partially disagree. It's on doc. I agree, we could have used more cohesion but doc never defined roles and that's what hurt us. Kawhi also wasn't the leader they needed him to be. Pat bev can't be the leader of this team if they want to go far.

If doc defined roles, I think the season is much more fluid. You had trezz and lou going to go get their own shot in the bubble down the stretch where the ball was supposed to be in kawhi leonard's hands. That's on the coach. Down the stretch, you want the ball in the hands of your best player. Lack of cohesion and we're still up 3-1. Define roles, this doesn't happen. Limit role players roles' this doesn't happen.

Leonard played like crap the last game, but he did everything to win in game 5, and did ok in game 6. That's on doc.

I see all the coaches playing chess matches with their players. Doc isn't doing that. His adjustments are antiquated and he doesn't pay attention to lineup data. Vogel shouldn't be a better coach than doc rivers and yet he makes quality adjustments.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#396 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:51 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:

I would really like to see what happens in an alternative universe where we only sign Kawhi and don't trade for PG. The 2018-2019 Clippers established a team identity and chemistry, and I think it would have been easier to incorporate 1 big new player into that existing team, rather than 2 new players which are expected to score half of your teams points, which made for a very jarring change- especially when BOTH of those new players miss significant time during the season.

We still could have had other issues, and other challenges heading into this offseason. But we do know Gallo had a healthy season and still produced at a high level, and SGA took a step forward. This hypothetical team might even had lost to Denver anyway, but IMO would not have absolutely fallen apart in the 2nd half of the last few games. What is most striking to me about this season was not failing to get out of the second round, but how our team utterly fell apart in those last few games. I don't even think we choked so much as we just really weren't up to the task- by a wide margin. I also think the failure was due to a combination of factors (coaching being a significant one.)

I think our outlook going forward is roughly comparable or perhaps still better now, as I believe we can fix this. But I think we would have had a more successful 2019-2020 if we had only signed Kawhi.

I think we still end up making trades but more sensible ones where we aren't facing down the barrell of a gun. We would have thrown in the Staples Center to bring PG here because Kawhi demanded it and that's just no way to deal. I think we still end up trading for Morris Sr.

Question is, do we end up making a more sensible trade centered around Shai and the picks.
Bradley Beal? Jrue Holliday?

These aren't the sexiest types of moves Kawhi would have wanted but they're solid moves and we didn't get beat by a team built on a bunch of sexy moves either.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#397 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:44 pm

og15 wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

This is a reminder to everyone to use both the report and ignore features present on the forum if a poster is violating forum rules or if their content is annoying to you, but not in violation of any forum rules. Let's leave it at that.

The irony I know for a fact people were wanting him gone as well lol
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#398 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:40 am

TheNewEra wrote:
og15 wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:He's why I went ghost a couple yrs ago and have only come back during playoff time the past 2 yrs, and the Kawhi/PG news last summer.

The irony I know for a fact people were wanting him gone as well lol

It was never the opinions, Mr. NewEra. It's the hijacking of every thread and blanketing every other person's post with an endless torrent of ignorant negativity.

You have leaned to the negative side but you always behaved as a member of the community. And it's not like the rest of us couldn't see the negatives either. But sometimes the cards fall your way, and you win despite your flaws. If we hit 44% of our shots in the second half of Games 5-6-7 instead of 22%, we're in the conference finals.

You hope and cheer for that. It's called being a fan. This world is sick with negativity. Negativity never won the heart of fair maiden, or a championship either.

Catch you down the line, bro. :)
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#399 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:44 am

You still can't see the negatives. You're still defending Doc after seven years of failure. Stop pretending like you're some balanced and reasonable fan when you've spent your entire time here shouting down everyone who's actually right about Doc.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#400 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:09 pm

esqtvd wrote:If we hit 44% of our shots in the second half of Games 5-6-7 instead of 22%, we're in the conference finals.

Not like you ever let MTV's opinions just sit there. You respond to every one of them. I literally believe it's every one. If not, it's like 90% of them. You may let two or three go without quoting them but you'll eventually comment on what he's saying in the big picture in the game thread.

He was here 5 years ago begging for CP3 to be traded and hating Doc. People didn't leave.

You also lobby for Doc A LOT. Even subtle comments like the one quoted above, that are wrapped in the "I'm just a fan, hoping for the best" napkin ( :roll: ), are a part of the Doc Apology thing you have going on. You hardly ever call out any mistakes he makes or even admit to any.

The series against Denver can simply be summarized by us missing shots in the 2nd half.
Come on.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers